Tuesday, November 27, 2018

KU women’s basketball receives votes in coaches poll

Kansas university coach Brandon Schneider motions to his players during Kansas’ Nov. 19 game against Memphis at Allen Fieldhouse.

After jumping out to a 5-0 start, the University of Kansas women’s basketball team and it’s senior-heavy roster have garnered some national attention. For the third week in a row, the Jayhawks have been represented in the USA Today coaches poll.

The Jayhawks received six votes in week three after receiving 14 points in the preseason poll, voted on by The USA TODAY Sports Board of Coaches, made up of 32 head coaches at Division I institutions. This marks the first time since the 2013-14 season that Kansas has received votes in the coaches poll.

Kansas travels to LSU at 6 p.m. Thursday.

Comments

John Joseph Gorski 2 weeks ago

Good to hear, Schneider has been getting good recruits and it's starting to show. Need to maintain he good play into the conference portion of the schedule though.

[''] 2 weeks ago

I'll believe it when the wins come against non-powderpuffs and when he wins more than 3 conference games.

Dirk Medema 2 weeks ago

Without malepatternbitchyfacesyndrome - Quite a difference from the exhibition OT game. It is good to have all the injured players back and contributing. Hopefully they continue to develop as the season progresses.

David Kelley-Wood 2 weeks ago

I'm a believer, albeit a cautious one. I have a feeling that the progress will be huge throughout this season, but likely will also be far from linear, because much of the contribution will come from players who are new this year.

Steven Haag 2 weeks ago

Zero Big XII wins in year one....2 Big XII wins last year and more competitive games. Year three is finally almost all Schneider recruits and the ladies adapting to his style. This year should show more wins and competitiveness, but I agree with David, 6 new players this year that will be thrust in to minutes. I definitely think he is making progress and doing it the right way

Joseph Bullock 1 week, 6 days ago

I haven’t kept up with things the last week or so, because I have been so busy with my Restaurant-but know the gals from Brazil had not played as of about a week or so ago! Were/are they injured? Or are they possibly redshirting, since we have so many upper class players? Thanks a bunch!

Joe Ross 1 week, 6 days ago

Good to see the women getting some love. Good job ladies!!!