Sunday, September 10, 2017

KU’s road opener at Ohio moved up, to air on ESPNU

Kansas defensive tackle Daniel Wise (96) wraps up Ohio running back Dorian Brown (28) during the fourth quarter on Saturday, Sept. 10, 2016 at Memorial Stadium. At left is Kansas defensive end Dorance Armstrong Jr. (2).

With Hurricane Irma leaving many college football programs in the southeast scrambling to rearrange their schedules, the Worldwide Leader in Sports found a gap in its programming which the Kansas Jayhawks will help fill.

Originally scheduled to air via online streaming service Watch ESPN (otherwise known as ESPN3), KU’s Week 3 trip to Ohio has been moved to ESPNU.

To accommodate ESPN, kickoff time for the Jayhawks’ final non-conference game of the season has been moved, too, from 1 p.m. to 11 a.m.

KU enters Athens, Ohio, this coming weekend 1-1 after a 45-27 home loss to another Mid-American Conference team, Central Michigan. The Bobcats are 1-1, as well, following a 44-21 loss at Purdue this past Friday.

Kansas lost in Lawrence, 37-21, to Ohio, in 2016. Ohio is 2-0 all-time versus the Jayhawks, having also won at Memorial Stadium in 1967.

The Jayhawks have lost 44 consecutive games away from Lawrence.

Comments

John Fitzgerald 1 week, 2 days ago

It'll be nice to get this beating over early so I can watch other teams that actually want to play football. My early prediction is Ohio 56 - KU 24 with Ohio putting up over 300 yards rushing.

Joe Ross 1 week, 2 days ago

I look for KU to rebound with more effort because their pride is on the line. And "maybe" Stanley will start.

Lance Cheney 1 week, 2 days ago

Your first sentence might be right. Unfortunately, Stanley won't start. We probably won't see him until week 12.

Greg Ledom 1 week, 2 days ago

Agree on Stanley. Have pretty good word that he broke a bone in his hand pulling a Willis. If Peyton can't fix whatever his issue is, put in Starks. Peyton threw some horrendous balls Saturday. Defense has been dissapointing overall in the first two games.

Lance Cheney 1 week, 1 day ago

I didn't even think about the injury. I was referring more to our head coach's stubbornness.

Bryce Landon 1 week, 2 days ago

I've got to be at work and will miss the game, so it's no skin off my back.

Robert Brock 1 week, 1 day ago

I think John Fitzgerald is right on this one. We may have a new D.C. Soon.

Edward Daub 1 week, 1 day ago

I have 4 free tickets to the game and only a 40 mile drive to the West! I am now trying to convince my family to come along with me!

I feel sorry for KU Fans and Alumni that planned on travel SAT AM to the Game from the East Coast ! Will have to leave at the crack of dawn for the 12 Noon (EST) Kickoff.

I trust the KU Alumni Pre-Game Gathering will be pushed up from 11AM-2PM to 9AM-Noon! Rock Chalk! See you there!