Monday, December 25, 2017
Christmas Eve for the Kansas football program included a gift in the form of a verbal commitment from a high school prospect.
Ryan Malbrough, a linebacker from Cecilia, La., tweeted out Sunday evening a note announcing his intentions to join the Jayhawks.
Rivals rates Malbrough, a 6-foot-1, 190-pound senior, as a two-star outside linebacker.
As one might expect, given Malbrough is a Louisiana resident, he was recruited by KU associate head coach Tony Hull, a New Orleans native who already has recruited and signed more heralded talents, such as Corione Harris and Anthony “Pooka” Williams, to KU’s Class of 2018.
According to Rivals, Malbrough also received offers from Kansas State, Memphis, Houston, Colorado State and several southeastern programs outside of the Power Five.
The commitment, of course, is non-binding, and came two days after the close of the December early signing period. Malbrough could sign with Kansas as early as Feb. 7.
The only 2018 Kansas recruiting target who committed prior to the early signing period but has yet to sign is Blue Valley North defensive end Miles Emery.
• Charles Cole (6-3, 280; DT; Butler Community College)
• Foster Dixson (6-4, 250; DE; West Los Angeles C.C.)
• Elmore Hempstead Jr. (5-11, 175; CB; Fort Scott C.C.)
• Elijah Jones (6-1, 175; CB; Ellsworth C.C.)
• Azur Kamara (6-4, 225; DE; Arizona Western College)
• Jeremiah McCullough (6-0, 205; S; Hartnell College)
• Stephon Robinson (5-10, 170; WR; El Camino C.C.)
• Najee Stevens-McKenzie (6-3, 225; DE; ASA College)
• Davon Ferguson (5-10, 190; S; Hartnell College)
• Corione Harris (6-1, 170; CB; Landry-Walker High)
• Anthony “Pooka” Williams (5-10, 170; RB; Hahnville High)
• Nick Williams (6-8, 265; OL; Ritenour High)
• Mac Copeland (6-4, 245; OL; Wichita Collegiate)
• Jacobi Lott (6-4, 309; OL; Tascosa High)
• Mavin Saunders (6-5, 256; TE; Florida State)