Sunday, July 5, 2015

KU’s Perry Ellis suffers ‘tweaked’ ankle

— Kansas University senior forward Perry Ellis sat for most of the fourth quarter in Team USA’s 81-72 victory over Brazil on Sunday because of a tweaked ankle.

Ellis finished with nine points and eight rebounds in 21 minutes.

“Perry, he tweaked his ankle. I don’t know exactly what it is,” Kansas coach Bill Self said. “(Trainer) Bill (Cowgill) said it wasn’t anything structural. Hopefully it’s just sore and he’ll be able to bounce back. The day off will help him, though.”

Junior forward Landen Lucas only played three minutes, committing two turnovers and blocking one shot.

“Landen is fine,” Self said. “There is nothing wrong with Landen physically.”

Kansas forward Perry Ellis (34) jumps to the basket for two points in a Team USA 81-72 win over against Brazil Sunday, July 5, in Gwangju, South Korea. by Mike Yoder

Comments

Ross Hartley 2 years, 5 months ago

I have not seen my recording of this game yet, but Landen was a man against the bigs of Turkey.

Rodney Crain 2 years, 5 months ago

I think Self was being coy when he said, "nothing wrong with Landen 'physically'..." He had trouble catching the ball in the Brazil game.

Joe Ross 2 years, 5 months ago

Rest and rehab Ellis the next game. We're playing Chili.

Rodney Crain 2 years, 5 months ago

Agree rest Perry against Chile. I would give Nic some rest too if we have a nice lead to start the second half. Give Evan some minutes.

Harlan Hobbs 2 years, 5 months ago

Joe, is your spelling of Chile a typo or are you making an editorial comment? I see that they are 0-2 so an editorial comment may be appropriate. Just kidding. You are one of my favorite "posters".

Joe Ross 2 years, 5 months ago

Funny cause you just "posterized" me! lol.

Good catch. Im a dumb speller sometimes. Although I would love to have been able to blame the mistake on christening the Chilean team with a slightly derisive moniker unfortunately, as Jimmy Buffet said, this is my own damn fault.