Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Notebook: Self hopes Jayhawks can meet Obama

Kansas head coach Bill Self loosens his tie with a smile as he leaves the court following the Jayhawks' 85-78 win over Oklahoma on Monday, Jan. 19, 2015 at Allen Fieldhouse.

Podcast episode

Press Conferences & Post-Game Interviews

Self: KU needs pace from all five players; Alexander showed improved energy

After his Kansas basketball team beat Oklahoma 85-78 on Big Monday, coach Bill Self meets the media and says KU needs as much pace as it can get from all five players on the floor. Plus, Self says freshman Cliff Alexander played with great energy against OU.

Download podcast

Podcast episode

Press Conferences & Post-Game Interviews

Alexander, Ellis and Greene discuss KU's Big Monday win over OU

Kansas basketball players Cliff Alexander, Perry Ellis and Brannen Greene meet with the media following the Jayhawks' 85-78 win over Oklahoma on Big Monday. Alexander discusses playing with more of a "motor," Ellis says KU has a team full of players who can score and Greene says he is constantly ...

Download podcast

KANSAS 85, OKLAHOMA 78

Box score

Kansas University basketball coach Bill Self said after the Jayhawks’ 85-78 win over Oklahoma on Big Monday he hoped to meet President Obama during his visit on Thursday.

“We’re trying to get that worked out,” Self said. “I’ve been in contact with somebody out of his staff or office. It would mean a lot to everybody in our program, certainly our players. We understand his schedule is tight,” Self added, noting the fact Obama is a huge basketball fan should help the Jayhawks’ chances of meeting him.

Traylor banged up: Kansas University junior forward Jamari Traylor, who has a hip flexor injury, had four points in 23 minutes.

“He hurt his hip a week ago. It’s been bothering him,” Self said. “That’s the reason he was not near as effective. He didn’t have the quickness or explosiveness as he usually does.”

Celebration: KU athletics on Monday (Martin Luther King Jr. Day) honored former student-athletes who were instrumental in the desegregation of Lawrence during the late 1950s.

Homer Floyd (football) and Ernie Shelby (track), who in 1957 expressed their intention to leave KU if some issues regarding discrimination in Lawrence were not addressed, were introduced during the first half of Monday’s KU-Oklahoma game. Before the game, the two participated in a candlelight vigil at the Strong Hall Rotunda and walked with students from Strong Hall to the Kansas Union for a special social justice celebration.

Coach livid: Freshman Kelly Oubre Jr. said he saw Self pound the table next to him and knock out the video board. “He was frustrated. I was frustrated too. He’s pretty strong guy so I knew that would happen,” Oubre said with a smile.

Hield good on D: Oklahoma coach Lon Kruger on junior standout Buddy Hield, who entered Monday’s game as second-leading scorer in the Big 12 at 17.6 ppg: “Defensively, he’s so much better (than last year),” Kruger told the Tulsa World. “His focus, his balance, his discipline defensively. He’s not reaching as much. He’s a year older. You’d expect that. But he has probably jumped as much as anyone in that area.”

Oubre earns award again: Oubre was named Big 12 Newcomer of the Week on Monday for the second time this season.

Oubre, a 6-7 freshman from New Orleans, averaged 12.0 points and 7.0 rebounds per game as the Jayhawks defeated Oklahoma State at home and lost to Iowa State on the road. Oubre scored 14 points versus OSU and had 10 points and eight boards against ISU. He shot 40 percent on the week with five assists and four steals.

Oklahoma’s Buddy Hield was selected Big 12 player of the week. Hield, a 6-4 junior from Freeport, Bahamas, averaged 24.0 points and 6.5 rebounds as OU beat Oklahoma State and lost to West Virginia.

Not that big?: Philadelphia 76ers rookie Joel Embiid has denied a Philadelphia Inquirer report that he weighs 300 pounds.

“I don’t weight that,” Embiid told csnphilly.com on Sunday. A team source told CSNphilly that 275 has been the maximum weight for Embiid, who weighed about 250 last season at KU.

CSNphilly.com sources confirmed an Inquirer report that Embiid has been at odds with the training staff at times this season. He may miss the entire season because of foot surgery last spring.

More news and notes from Kansas vs. Oklahoma

By the Numbers: Kansas beats Oklahoma, 85-78

By the Numbers: Kansas beats Oklahoma, 85-78

Comments

Brett McCabe 4 years, 6 months ago

Suggested for removal. Micky: No discipline. No self-control. Predictable.

This would be a really neat opportunity for the players for many, many reasons. I hope that it gets worked out. This will be the first visit to KU by a sitting president in 100-years, so it would be a big deal for the team to be a part of it.

kellerman411 4 years, 6 months ago

Nothing like a politics jab to stir the fellas! One thing interesting that I noticed about Micky's comment and the comments thereafter is that people called Micky undisciplined, right-wing and predictable but no one has called him a liar.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Because they know I'm not a liar, and that they are liars.

Len Shaffer 4 years, 6 months ago

If Micky said the sky was purple with green polka-dots, no one would call him a liar either. Some things are patently obvious.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

What is that I said that is a lie then Len? Just give it up. I'm not afraid of a bunch of little whiners who get offended by something so simple as calling Obama a fraud.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

I'm way above you Brett. WAY ABOVE YOU.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Yes, I am. I don't suggest posts for removal because I disagree with them. That's exactly how I'm way above Brett.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Hmm I did not see that grading scale anywhere, is this you little own guide book?

Ok I have to stop replying this is like shooting fish in a barrel with no water. Just way to easy....

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

You're right. It is way too easy to get you to respond and act pretentious.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

If you acted with a shred of decorum none of this would have happened. As always your poorly thoughtout action, got a reaction, not just by me but many many others. (big words are fun aren't they)? Oh this too funny.

Think about this, when they agree with you, but still call the comment unnessary, you might have made a mistake posting it here. We all do.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

I don't care what they say. If they're not willing to say what they feel about the visit, that's on them.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Jim, Mickys statement is foolish and unnessary here. Can't really prove he is a liar for just saying something stupid and out of place.

Matt Bowers 4 years, 6 months ago

You just couldn't keep that to yourself. Go back to the Koch brothers bro.

This is an awesome opportunity for the University and basketball players to meet the sitting president and a true example of the American dream.

Rock Chalk

Chris Bailey 4 years, 6 months ago

The Koch brothers? You mean those guys that have provided jobs for thousands of Kansans? Yeah what terrible people.

Perhaps we could swing to the left and side with that complete idiot Michael Moore! The one who has litterally p&ssed on the grave of a dead soldier. Yeah that's class there! Yeah sure it's cool to get to meet a president. Respect the office but that doesn't mean I have to like what he's done. You can bash conservatives all you want but we're here and we aren't going anywhere so just get along. You don't have to hate someone because of their political beliefs. Both sides have issues. And no I'm not for big business but we vilianize the Koch brothers when in reality they do provide a living for many people. Yes they're wealthy but no one complains about Bill Gates the richest man in the world who is a liberal. Is he not a capitalist? Matt and Brett I have no beef with you guys. I don't think it's right to disrespect our president but nor do I think everytime someone who doesn't agree politically with you that you bash them with the same old Fox news and Koch brothers crap. I am conservative on many issues mostly fiscal issues but I am a very tolerant person and very accepting on many issues. Sorry for the rant I'm sure this will get removed but it just gets old arguing the same thing. Politicians don't care about us that's the first thing we need to realize. We can disagree that's great it's what makes the world go round.

Eliott Reeder 4 years, 6 months ago

Micky is also big fans of Brownback, I'm sure. Idiot.

Chris Bailey 4 years, 6 months ago

I'm not a fan of Brownback. It seems like very few of us vote for who we think is right, we simply vote party. Voting for Brownback doesn't make him an idiot just as it doesn't make you one if you voted for Paul Davis. It's funny we get more done when the president is one party and congress is a different party. I hope that holds true the second half of Obama's term. We truly need to stop being so divisive and learn to cooperate and compromise. We do it everyday in our careers, marriages, and our lives in general. Life is all about compromises. I don't agree with Micky's comment but voting one way or the other doesn't make him stupid. Nor does it make me stupid for being a fiscal conservative.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

No, I'm not but you know what they say assumptions make you look like.

I don't live in Kansas, but I can tell you this, letting people keep more of their money does no harm to the economy. It isn't even possible for that to happen. Taking more of their money, that can harm the economy.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

One, the Koch Brothers make a lot of products in the USA, and some of those products are sold in Walmart stores. Some of them are school supplies that could save students a lot of money from over priced stuff at the student union book store.

They hire a lot of people and they aren't your enemy. You're there enemy, until they hire you right or provide you with a product you may already buy and don't even know it's made by Koch Industries.

Chris Bailey 4 years, 6 months ago

Micky,

I'm not against the Koch Brothers not in the least. My beliefs align with the conservative side although I'm in no way shape or form a racist, a sexiest nor am I against gay marriage (all of which we are painted as being). I'm definitely FOR capitalism. I'm a God fearing man. I cling to my bible and my guns. Yes I believe in the 2nd. Why? It protects the first. It was designed to stop corruption and tyranny. The Koch's have done nothing but make themselves a lot of money and provide many jobs in the process. They are the American dream. We all want to be wealthy but do we want the stigma that goes with it? Only liberals can be wealthy because they say they're giving it away. It's a song and dance.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

You're right about the Koch Brothers. Modern conservatives are not racist in any way, by the way. It's not the same kind of conservativism practiced before the CRAs. It's the conservatism that wishes to preserve the rights that were affirmed by the CRAs and to empower those whose direct ancestors suffered under slavery and segregation to exercise those right rather than to trap them in a state of dependency.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Chris Micky is a little emotional right now.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Laughing at you. You don't make me mad. You don't have any genuine nature to do that.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Its ok Micky have a glass of chocolate milk and watch some cartoons.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Then you really don't have any room to go along with someone else calling me undisciplined, do you? The ball is in your court. You can clean this up right now, but you don't have the maturity to do it.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

LOL coming from the "man?" who told me to CUSS OFF. I offered a truce and well you were not open for that.

Look in a mirror if you want to see somone who lacks maturity.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Rodney, I offered you a truce out here in the open, not via email, during the Iowa State game and you turned it down. That's why you got the response you deserved.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

quid pro quo Micky. I have no issue dealing with you, I will do it without cussing at you though.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

You are having a difficult time dealing with me. Everyone here sees that. You had to send me an email in private. I gave you that option in front of everyone but you couldn't just swallow your pride in front of everyone could you?

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

HEY MICKY isn't this fun. You poor simple minded fool. Who the heck cares where the truce was offered. My you are like a narrow mined mouse, wheres the cheese, wheres the cheese.

DO you want a truce or not? Out the in the open so you stop bringing this up too. sigh

Up to you.... Again without cussing Micky.

Micky Baker 4 years, 5 months ago

You can't cuss out here in the open Rodney. I'm way beyond you on the topic. You can't catch up. You aren't even trying.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 5 months ago

Another mindless comment. Ohhhh you are getting boring now.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

LOL this explains so much Micky, so much. Thank you for this classless post.

Another post that has nothing to do with the players, program and coach. What a shock.

Ahhhhh I feel so vindincated. :)))

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

What does it explain Rodney? Got a guilty conscience so you're trying to project it onto me? I don't have any regrets for calling Obama a fraud.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Micky, my little buddy, you are in self defense mode for acting a little foolish, I understand why you are lashing out. This is going to be great to see you try to explain yourself.

Regret can only exist when reason is applied. Alas, it is understandable why you have no regret.

priceless. just priceles.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Acting foolish? What was foolish? Surely you can explain what was foolish if you can "call it foolish". What was foolish about my original post? I don't have any regrets understanding you're a coward and a liar either.

You see. Brett couldn't shut up. I stated something about the person named in the article. He attacked me. Then you did. This is exactly what made you cry a week or so ago. Now you're proving you have double standards. A very low standard for yourself, and a high standard for me.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

I'm sorry I would love to keep this up but I am just laughing so hard, I have to let this go.

Micky you can try to spin this any way you want but you will never be able to pull yourself out of this.

This is 100% totally all on you. Oh my sides are hurting this is great. Thank you for the laughs today. Thank you Micky.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

This is on me. I'm okay with that. I posted my opinion. Damn right I did. DEAL WITH IT!

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Hilarious, just so funny. It makes so much sense now. I totally, I mean totally get it now.

Oh mercy this was fun.

Thanks buddy.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

You're not winning dude. You're acting exactly the way I expect you too. And that isn't a good thing for you.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Who said anything about winning??? LOL This is just kind of fun.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Oh, so that "I feel so vindicated" comment you made didn't mean you think you were winning?

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

LOL Micky if you are going to use and try to understand big words, you got to know what they mean or could mean. vindicated - right, reasonable, or justified. In my case justified in my reasoning that you are sometimes not all there. I did not or could not win anything by being vindicated in my view or perspective. I can take solace in it that my concerns about you were accurate, but I do not win anything. Actually maybe we all lose something.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

I'm all here all of the time. i'm comfortable. You don't seem to be though.

Jim Stauffer 4 years, 6 months ago

While I may not agree with the President politically, it is foolish to demean him by suggesting it is not a great thing for the players and coaches to be privileged to visit with a sitting President of the greatest country on the earth.

Andy Tweedy 4 years, 6 months ago

Amen! I don't love the guy, but it would be pretty cool to meet the president!

Craig Roberts 4 years, 6 months ago

I wish it was true that we were still the greatest country on earth but lets get real. The TV show Newsroom in 2012 said it perfectly. Just watch the video, there is a little bit of explicit language. After you watch the video lets get back to talking about sports. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q49NO...

Chris Bailey 4 years, 6 months ago

I agree Jim. I don't agree with many things he's done either but meeting him would be a wonderful opportunity. It's not like they'll be performing espionage. They'll talk hoops of which Obama is a huge fan. I get it it's pretty cool.

RJ King 4 years, 6 months ago

Thanks Jim. And for anyone trying to find basketball-related comments:

Robert Brock 4 years, 6 months ago

Obama is a twice-elected POTUS who has a great three-point shot. The dude loves hoops. Get over it, haters!

Mick Allen 4 years, 6 months ago

As one recently chastised, and rightfully so,for a comment I made 2 weeks ago, politics and religion are not appropriate issues to be debated on this site Mr. Baker. Pull your head out as I did.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

No thank you. You can bet that Obama will make it all about politics when he get's here. That's all he knows. We'll see how honest the media is in covering his visit.

Those that try to get me to shut up about politics are flat out fascists. They know it. Obama is the President. Having an article about Obama on this sports page brought politics here. I don't care what you think about it. I posted that I hope the players just don't fall all over him because "he's the President". He's a human being, not a God.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

What politics are in this article? All I read was that Self was trying to arrange a meet and greet for the team with the president while he's in town on Thursday. This article says absolutely nothing about why he's even going to be in Lawrence in a couple of days.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Every where Obama goes is for politics. Here's why he is going to Lawrence. http://www.kctv5.com/story/27894416/lawrence-lines-up-for-tickets-to-thursdays-obama-visit.

It's only about politics folks.

It wasn't that hard to put two and two together. This has been planned for more than a year.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

Mickey, where did I say that I was unaware of why was going to be in Lawrence?

And Rodney, I know the state of mind Mickey's in because it's the same one you were in last week when Bragg committed and I'm giving him the same treatment I gave you by being a sarcastic smarta$$.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Aaron, if you're being sarcastic, it isn't working. If you knew why he's going to be in Lawrence, then you should have agreed with my statement about Obama only being in Lawrence for politics.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

That was not what I asked, learn some reading comprehension. I asked you point blank WHERE IN THIS ARTICLE was there any mention about why Obama was in Lawrence because all THIS ARTICLE says was that Self was trying to arrange a meet a greet with the team while Obama was in town. If you want to bitch about Obama's politics, go do on an article that talks about Obama's politics where you and left wingers can continue spewing your hatred towards one another. Now do everyone here a favor and shut the hell up about politics.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Aaron as we all sometimes get on here, he is emotional right now, there is no reasoning with him.

Chris Bailey 4 years, 6 months ago

Micky,

I echo your sentiments. I too wondered why the hell Obama in a story was necessary. I think I'd enjoy hearing more of your thoughts. Can I follow you on facebook? I'm serious. I see nothing wrong with being a conservative. Eventually when you spend like this administration has you run out of money. See Detroit. See California. Two prime examples of how liberal policy have dug a huge hole. I understand we have to help certain people that cannot help themselves. But eventually the money runs out. Eventually that's called socialism. I hope I never experience socialism in my lifetime. What a travesty. Micky. This probably isn't the place for it as some have pointed out but why bring it up in an article? The LJW has got to know many of it's readers are not fans of Obama. I understand that seeing a president is cool. I get that. I'd shake his hand if given the opportunity more out of respect for the presidency than anything but mostly because I'm a nice guy. I'm on facebook. Love to follow you if you are as well. Sorry for the rants. Still love my Hawks. Still love all my fellow alums even if we don't all agree politically.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

You can follow me on facebook. I don't post much there though.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Let's see you have called people on here; facists, frauds, cowards, liars, and all of us haters. Did I leave anything out?

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Why would I have regrets? If I didn't have any courage, I would regret stating my piece, and I did it quite succinctly.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

Rodney, you left race baiter out of the list Mickey has called people.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Are you still having comprehension problems? However, since you keep it up, you're admitting it now aren't you?

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Sorry you are correct Aaron there are so many, it can be hard to keep up with a troll.

Thank you. I can't add the comment he replied to me with in a email offer of truce.. just not printable here.

For a guy who does not care what people says he sure has labels for everyone that does...

Michael Lorraine 4 years, 6 months ago

God, guns and politics. Avoid like plague.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Yes, and then call those you hate haters.

Stephen Dempsey 4 years, 6 months ago

I know a great way for them to meet the President, WIN THE FREAKING TOURNAMENT! #RCJH

Arthur Ankeney 4 years, 6 months ago

275 seems like it would be a good weight for Embiid--a 7 footer. Maybe take his downtime, put on some fat then it'll be easier to transform into muscle as he gets closer to coming back into game shape.

True that Stephen. I thought that's what this article was going to be about and was suprised Self would have said something like that. This makes a lot more sense. He could give them a good pep talk and maybe help them grow and mature even more.

John Jackson 4 years, 6 months ago

I am not a big fan of President Obama, but I think the players would all enjoy the it if they got to meet the President. Good for Coach Self for at least trying to pull that off. As a previous comment alluded about winning the 2015 madness; A rain check for April 2015 in DC would be great!

Leeben Woo 4 years, 6 months ago

This is my first time commenting on this site. And I hate to start out talking politics, but I have to say I am a huge fan of the president as well as his policies. And I could go on for hours talking about it but I won't. I have been a KU fan since 1950. If the players get to meet the president that will be a wonderful thing, he is a huge basketball fan. I doubt very much whether he will try to indoctrinate them. Rock chalk Jay hawk KU....

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

100% right Leeben. Welcome to the comments section.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Obama is going to Lawrence to speak to the students about his proposals that he's going to give in the State of the Union tonight. So much for your "fact finder" claims.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Sorry Leeben no idea what Micky is talking about. Sometimes, me included, can get emotional on here, especially about subjects that have nothing to do with our program, players, nor Coach.

I think you have made some very good points Leeben and hope you continue to join the discussion. Hopefully about our program. :)

kellerman411 4 years, 6 months ago

Given the president's new proposed tax increases, coach Self and the assistants will be lucky if Obama doesn't ask them for a check. Haha.. I'm kidding of course. I totally agree that surgeons and business owners who make over 300k who already pay a much larger percentage of their check to uncle sam should have to pay more. Let's face it. The government is great with money and I'm sure that extra tax revenue will go to a good cause.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Because the $3.6 trillion they're spending every year right now is working out real well for the poor and middle class, isn't it? (Sarcasm).

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

The visit is great for KU, anytime the leader of your country visits your campus it is an honor.

I hope the basketball teams, Mens and Womens, get a chance for a little shoot around with the President.

Politics aside, please, I hope we get some rest and prepare for the TX game, that would be a huge win for us at this point of the conference season.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Let's home it doesn't turn out like Solyndra after he visited that place.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

BREAKING NEWS - another non program post - by the way do some research my little buddy - the Solyndra loan was ushered through the system by the W Bush administration. Lots of blame to go around on that one. Fun with Facst lol.

The death spiral continues...

I do think the Texas game will give our team a very stiff test, if we win it will set us up for the rest of the conference play.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Actually, Obama is the one who visited Solyndra, and then Solyndra folded and all 1100 employees were laid off, and this loan was given after Obama took office. I'm not a fan of GWB either. I despise John McCain too. There aren't very many in DC that are doing the right things. They're usually the ones that are attacked in the media.

Obama went to the Solyndra plant and propped it up as a great example, but the media never did talk about it when Solyndra failed and the investors got off with all the money while 1100 workers were sent home without a job. Great success story, huh?

On the Texas point, if we play like we did in the first half last night in Austin, we're going to win. If we score in the 80s in Austin, we're going to win. Texas can't run like OU or ISU can.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Actually - the loan was approved by Bush, it was given after he took office, sometimes it takes time to wind its way through the process. Obama like he was when he took office was given a lot of trash to deal with, like this, so like with the bailout, the war deficit not voted on by congress, and all the other junk he got to deal with it. To say it is his fault is short sighted. Lots of blame on Solyndra.

Agree is we play with tempo, and rebound, we should be ok at Texas.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Bush also backed off on giving the loan because of the problems at Solyndra. Obama reinstated it.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

It had been approved, then it was taken back then Obama reinstated it. Either way, Bush wasn't a good President, and Obama is even worse.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

I would show you where you are wrong, again, but Micky you just would not understand. You just do not act like an adult.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

Meeting the POTUS is a big honor regardless of which party he is and what political party you identify with. I got to meet former president George H. W. Bush at an Astros game several years ago and it was one of the coolest days of my life. You don't have the like the person or the politics of a president, but disrespecting the office of president does absolutely nothing to help the issues in this country.

Also, that stick that was up Rodney's butt about basketball recruiting is now firmly up Mickey's butt in regards to politics.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

LOL Eeron you were so close to being taken seriously.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

Oh no, Rodney doesn't take me seriously, I'm so heartbroken about that.

Kevin Jenkins 4 years, 6 months ago

Come on guy MB. This is a basketball forum. Don't you understand basketball. I was proud to serve in the army. I meet our president and it was a great honor. Do I like his policies, no. But it was nice to talk basketball with him and he said a few words about KU's program.Basketball dude he is and basketball is what we should be discussing. Texas and Turner and such.......

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

Keep putting that stick further up your butt Mickey. I think I'll grab a bucket watch the train wreck of your mind spewing irrational hatred of person because they have different political ideologies than you. Compromise is how stuff gets accomplished and people who are unwilling to compromise and behave rationally when dealing with the other side like you are what's wrong this country and why it's slipping as the dominant super power in the world.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Oh, so it was irrational hatred? Are you race baiting even though I said nothing about his race? No, you see, the Constitution cannot be compromised or you LOSE IT.

Your disgust with me is "rational" as opposed to my disgust with Obama's behavior as President? is that what you're trying to say? You see how you're not being rational? I can't do any harm to you, but the President can and is.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

Where the hell did I bring race into the picture? Does each race have their own political ideology now?

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

I don't know, your assertion that anything I posted was "irrational hatred". So I asked you. Our government was not set up to compromise with each other. Each branch is supposed to defend it's rightful powers from the others, not give in.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

This is really funny you actually do not know what he is talking about Micky. It is not a compromise of the the constitution, lol this is funny, it is making compromises to get laws passed between the office of the president and congress. No one gets everything they want from a bill, but everybody should get something out of a law or a bill. The third branch of the government, the Judicial, if need be the Supreme Court, has final say on if the law is constitutional or not, before enacted or if there is something unforseen is discovered that needs to be ruled on after it is passed. How in the heck did you get to race from that?

Actually it is exactly setup for open discussion and for members of all branches to find common ground to move forward on topics in front of that branch of the government. Defending their rights, where do you get this stuff lol, oh my. sigh

Umm this is GovED 101 stuff btw....... yikes...

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

You don't make compromises to make laws, or you get bad laws that are hurtful to people.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

WOW, now I am very concerned. ok lets take a few steps back...

You have gone to a school right? Do you remember anything from school? Do you understand how our government works? I don't think you do btw but I got to ask, this is amazing.

Do you understand why very few laws have been passed recently? Went slow for you this is a big question.

You see Micky they debate in Congress, been doing it since before 1789 (the time when our first statues were passed), the reason is so that everyone gets a say, not just narrow minded people like you, so that when a law is brought for a vote you can say yes or no. If everyone stands their ground, like you, then nothing gets passed. My word this is like 5th grade.

Compromises, have been made, in really, every single law ever passed in our history. Maybe this is 4th grade.

Now if the law passes it goes to the president, he can sign it or veto it and send it back to congress with comments.

So your scary reply, hopefully in jest, god let it be in jest, if you mean it, makes almost every law ever passed, since 1789 hurtful to people. Now the states, who follow the same process in most states, make 5-7 times the law the Federal Government makes.

To recap - just an estimatation, there have been 20,000 Federal and aprx. 3,500,000 statues or laws from all the states.... Since almost all of them have had compromises that means that 3.5ish laws are bad and they are hurtful to people.

I don't care what you reply back with, I just wanted to research the numbers.

Oh boy... I serious did not think the water was this deep... lol

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

You can't think of laws that are hurtful to you? My bad, I thought you could think.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

lol you actually cannot understand, it is beyond you. It is not that there have been bad laws, I am making a point that our government works on compromises you nit wit.

You are slippery I give you that, when faced with a fact or a driect question you prefer to answer with something that has Nothing to do with the point made in the post.

Not surprising you have been consistently wrong, and consistently answering like a punk drunk boxer. I think Aaron is waiting on at least two answer from you.

Comical.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

Mickey, look up bipartisanship in the dictionary and tell the class the definition of that word.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Aaron, bipartisanship doesn't override what the Constitution allows the legislative branch to do. Article I Section 8. Read it. Those are the powers for the legislative branch. Then you go to the tenth amendment, and it gives the states all of the powers not delegated to the federal government nor prohibited by the Constitution. Dude, I have to Constitution pat. You are out of your league if you want to get into this discussion on the Constitution.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

What does bipartisanship mean? You still didn't answer my question and responded by changing the subject.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Micky you do not understand how our government works. You really, really you don't. This would be commical if it were not so sad.

Don't forget sect. 9 and 10 btw Sect. 10 is about prohibiting the power of the states. Are you looking at the US Constituntion? So maybe down pat means something else to you?

I would love to help you with getting up to speed but truly my dinner is ready and you are just not worth the time.... :)

Good Luck buddy, no wonder you are so angry, the world looks funny to you I guess?

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

No kidding Rodney. I know those things too. I'm way ahead of you on this. We know the states can do everything that is not granted to the federal government or prohibited to the states. These items are very few. For example, pass your own individual mandate in your own state.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

LOL you could not be ahead of me with a head start, oh you are so predictable. See simple minds are easy. When you say you know something "down pat" you actually cannot Micky. You want to know why? Cause you do not talk like a person with intelligence, people that do, know better than to state absolutes. Especially when they know it down pat.

Why, because you will always run into someone smarter, quicker, faster than you. I know this, I still lose my way when I see someone like you. You on the other hand think you know things, down pat, which means you really don't Micky. ps- wikipedia is not a good place to get your info...

I need to correct myself, you are ahead of me, on being a poor example of an American. See you got that over me.... in spades Micky.

I have not laughed this much in years, you are a treat.

Dinner was great by the way.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Rodney, You will never have the ability to catch up with me on this topic. You didn't even read the first post which should have been enough for you to not come back with the comment about Section 9 and 10 of Article I, but you didn't. So sad that you can't recognize these things because you just won't allow yourself to be a man.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

You misquoted the consitution, and you did it out of context, I am not sure how much more wrong you could be.

You are right I will never catch up to cause you are off in a world of your own making things up to try to rationalize your posts.

Come back to the real world Micky, baby steps little guy.

You have no idea how our govenrment works. You have proven that with your own misguided words.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Please excuse those that are trying to bully you into not posting your feelings on Obama's visit to Lawrence. They know no better, yet.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Agree, They do not know better. Wait, is that the same thing you said Micky? sorry, turning off pc...

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

Hey Mickey, what happened to your first post?

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

Thanks Captain Obvious. Now go get your sarcasm radar fixed.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Sorry EEron I can barely understand you when you mean what you say, so sarcasm from you does not register. LOL SPEAK MORE CLEARLY you are comical truly are.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

You agreed to the LJW's terms of agreement when you signed up for this site. You posted something that violated the terms of agreement YOU agreed to. I suggest you back and reread the terms of agreement. Freedom of expression doesn't mean you are exempt from the consequences of expressing your opinion.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

I didn't violate any terms or conditions either.

In fact, here are the numerous violations that have occurred in this thread.

Show respect to others. Personal attacks are not permitted, nor are attacks on groups of people. <<< Yep that happened.

Do not engage in hate speech or name-calling.<<< Yep that happened in the initial response to my post.

Stay on topic. Unrelated posts or attempts to divert a comment thread to an unrelated subject may be removed. <<< I did not violate that one. I did not try to divert the thread to an unrelated subject. The subject was Obama coming to Lawrence and that Self hopes they get to meet Obama. I said I hope they don't fall for the fraud that Obama is. I didn't say that I don't think they should meet the President. In fact, I didn't divert it from the topic. Brett, Rodney, Les, You, and others did that.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

Calling someone a fraud is considered showing respect?

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

You aren't required to respect any political figure. Obama is a political figure and not a poster here.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

I was going to mention that Aaron too. I commented below, its their site, they can do what they think is in their best interests.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

It's really stupid to have flagged it for removal, and then for it to be removed.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

90% of the comments about this article is because I posted something that some people despise, people expressing their opinions that they don't agree with. If I hadn't posted anything there would be maybe five comments on the article. Now why did it happen this way? Because they don't have an opinion on Obama's visit, or they just don't like me? You see, I don't care if you don't like me. You won't be the first to not like me, but I have real friends and I don't have to be someone I'm not to have them, like many on here feel they have to do. I'm not into group think.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

People have opinions on the visit. This article was not the appropriate place express those opinions. An article that discussed the purpose of his visit is the appropriate place to express an opinion about the purpose of his visit. This was an article that made ZERO MENTION of the purpose of his visit and was about Bill Self, the head coach of the BASKETBALL team trying to arrange a meet and greet while he was in town. You 100% deserved what happened because your comments on the president had absolutely nothing to do with the content of this article.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Yes, it did make zero mention of the purpose of the visit. Why is that? Obama is going to KU to talk to students about his political agenda. That is why me posting what I did was appropriate.

If I had said I love Obama, blah, blah, blah, and said I support the things he's talking about,or just finished thinking about you wouldn't think I deserved it. But because it was negative towards Obama, I did in your mind. You know I'm right.

I hope the players don't fall over him as Obama is a fraud and when some of these guys make it to the NBA and make a few million, Obama and his ilk will target them like these players didn't work hard TO GET THERE!

Futhermore, if this was an article about Obama because he was coming to Lawrence to go to a basketball game like when he goes to a baseball or football game, then you'd have a point. His only purpose to go to Lawrence is talk to a bunch of impressionable young adults with bleeding hearts who will worship every word he says.

I don't have a problem that people disagree with me, but that they cheered for and even are gleeful that they succeeded in censoring someone because they thought it was "inappropriate". And then someone like posts like I deserve to be censored because you think(it was YOUR OPINION) that it was inappropriate. It was inappropriate for people to go so far as flagging my post, and then it was in appropriate for the whiners to pile on. They know they deserve what I'm saying.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

I will tell you right now that I'm not an Obama supporter. I did not vote for Obama in 2008 or 2012 because I don't agree with his ideology. I do however respect the office of President and don't feel a need to bash him like you have, especially on a sports forum.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

One other point, you clearly have an issue with people disagreeing with you because the LJW felt your first comment was not appropriate for this article and you repsonded by calling them fascists in all caps.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

I think he hit square on the head. You have lost your ability to reason.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Shame on KUsports.com for removing my post. It stayed up almost all day, even after Brett flagged it for removal. Why wait until the last hour to remove it? Next time don't mention "meeting the President" unless it has something to do with us winning the national title, then it would have been a sports only article.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

umm, not sure how to break this to you Micky,

It's their website.

They do not have to allow us to post any comments, and can certainly control what comments they want to allow? If you would like that type of control you can certainly create your own site to do so, like some did on here with KU buckets.

LJW/KU Sports can ban anyone without cause as well, it is not FASCISM, it is because they pay and publish for profit, and they get to say who can use it and what is said on it. They can choose what is in the best interest of their readers. If you ran your own publication you would expect the same rights.

You have been out of control on here all the way through and now want to blame the web site for the mess you made?

I am sorry for egging you on, it was mean.

But you now have lost perspective completely. You need to take a step back and reset.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

You are completely, as is typical, missing the point. It is not a democratic web site, it is theirs. Like everyone in this country they get to run it the way they want, how they want, as long as they do not break any laws.

You have your perspective, not the right or wrong perspective you simple minded fool. You can get a worse reaction by posting one word by the way, you do not need two sentences. So that makes no sense.

People piled on, if you read their comments because you brought you politics onto a sports site. Aaron said it best, you deserved what you got.

You started it, they said no thank you and you went nuts, there are like 120 posts and 90+ are about you.

Your reply to me confirms what I already suspected Micky. Rather than act like an adult and call a truce you choose to act like the child you are and to prove it you cuss me out. Its ok my friend. I have no fear of you or you simple ways.

I did nothing with removing your post, they have if you have been paying attention been removing quotes all the time when necessary. Ask Benz, many others. You just did not like to be embarassed and had a temper tantrum and embarassed yourself further.

You did this to yourself.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

No I didn't. People whined about my comment about the players if they were to meet Obama. This was on topic.

1. I did not attack Gary Bedore.
  2. I did not call out any posters.

But I was attacked, and that is a violation of KUSports.com's own TOS they didn't apply here for some odd reason. So, what it really means, the rules don't mean much when someone's biases get in the way.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 5 months ago

People disagreed with you and you attacked them with name calling ( 9 different ones so far, heck you even called a guy who agreed with you a name) that you have no regrets saying. One of your posts was removed here too, I know you might have missed it you make so many, but twice in one thread. Impressive lol.

Michael Lorraine 4 years, 6 months ago

Is AFH on his agenda? He's a hoops guy, can't believe he wouldn't visit the field house.

Michael Lorraine 4 years, 6 months ago

The blue field is overrated. If you really want to see something truly repulsive, Google Eastern Washington University.

Bill Horton 4 years, 6 months ago

If the team gets to meet the President, is it an NCAA violation if an equal number of non-athlete students don't get to meet him?

Chris Bailey 4 years, 6 months ago

Rodney I am fairly certain what he was trying to point out is that had he said something like Obama is coming how wonderful. What an amazing man and the greatest president ever no one would have cared. But since he was negative he's getting raked over the coals. Right? If you're being honest I'm guessing that wouldn't have bothered you. Since you happen to support him it did. That's all I'm saying.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

You're right Chris. Douglas County is only one of two or three counties in all of Kansas that voted for Obama. Kansas has 103 counties.

They know that the only reason it bothers them is because what I said was negative. I still have no regrets.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

It was because it was unnecessary? My god do you even understand english?

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Because if I had said that I hope they get to meet Obama because things are only bad for him right now because Congress refused to give up their powers to him would have been okay?

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

mercy. Meeting the president informally has nothing to do with politics, you just do not comprehend the point we are trying to make.

His speech, oh yeah. But those comments are for another article, not one about would it not be cool for the players to meet the leader of the free world?

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

You guys don't have a point to make. You're trying to back track from what your original intention was because You know you violated TOS.

It would be cool if they got to meet the President after cutting down the nets.

I've been to Washington, DC, and even there I did not have the desire to meet my own congress people or the President while was there. I have met my US Rep, but not either Senator. It's not because I went to the meeting with the hopes of getting a sensation from it. I had something to say to them about how they're really screwing up in DC. That would be why I would want to meet the President, not just to say, "I met the President". I want something substantive to happen.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

There you go again living in your own world, and expecting everyone to follow along with your views. Why would anyone care to follow you and what you do?

Who is projecting now? You are beyond reason Micky.

Micky Baker 4 years, 5 months ago

I don't expect everyone, or anyone to follow in my views. Why would anyone wish to follow what I do? Because they care like I do?

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

LOL Chris you are so far off topic it is embarassing. Defending that fool is well a fools errand. Micky if you have not noticed is usually off topic, posts without mentioning the program, team or coach a lot. And when he gets sideways goes nuts. Look at his posts? a small amount of us who do not put up with his childish behavior or misquoting of facts called him out. Most of the posters actually were kind, careful and respectful and he went off on them too.

He is out of control, and when he gets like this he works himself up into a comical version of himself.

Lets put all that aside, his comment had no reason to be stated on this article. It was his own personal beleifs, he saw the word president and threw him under the bus. What a crockpot.

Look its you, and him on one side, and everyone else plus the site on the other. You got the right to pick a side, just dont come off thinking you are right cause you two drama queens think you are.

Your just not. Its not me, not Aaron, but everyone else that thinks the same thing.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Usually off topic? I see you haven't taken your meds again.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

If you actually the article instead of getting tunnel vision when you saw Obama's name, you would know exactly why this article is sports related. Bill Self, the guy that coaches the men's BASKETBALL team is trying to arrange a quick meet and greet with the BASKETBALL team while Obama is in Lawrence because he is aware that Obama is a big BASKETBALL fan. Of course some of your other responses make it pretty clear that your reading comprehension skills are not very strong. Reread this article and then tell the class what the summary of this article is.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

I did read the article. What is the title of the Article Aaron?

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Sorry Micky but if I do not take my meds I could be hospitalized. So you need to take a different angle to insult me cause this one has no meaning to me.

Meryc how many times can someone be wrong...

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Of course it does. The shrink prescribed them to you.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 5 months ago

Well that is false too lol, so another swing and a miss. This means nothing to me. Want to try again where the values are doubled?

You even suck at trash talking. I bet you think it makes you look better than someone else. It does not. Just makes you look small.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Acutally Chris I think the president has done a poor job. So has congress to be honest. Not opinion, fact if you look at the number of laws enacted. Now this comment has no business being posted here. That is what people were commenting about.

His comment was a troll comment to elicit emotion. Well he got it, but as we can see, it was not what Micky wanted.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

It was not a troll comment. I think maybe all the personal attacks against me was a troll comment. If I had said something positive about the President, nobody would have cared. WE ALL KNOW THAT TO BE TRUE.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Look up what a troll is, then look in the mirror....

You were selfish, you projecting your views and disrespected the president by calling him a fraud.

As is your way, you were blunt, narrow minded, and without decorum. You got blasted.

It has been a pleasure to watch.

Micky Baker 4 years, 5 months ago

Rodney, you are an imbecile. My comment was not a troll comment. It was not designed to get people to respond like you have.

Chris Bailey 4 years, 6 months ago

Mickey. I believe Kansas has 105 counties. :)

Chris Bailey 4 years, 6 months ago

But aside from that you're correct. And actually a lot of democrats are fed up with the current president. I'm sure that is the whole political system. As I said I think we have far too many politicians that only care about themselves. This siding with your party because you want their vote later is dumb. Do your jobs. Vote what your constituents tell you to vote instead of playing this political game. It's very frustrating.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

I am feed up with Congress, the President, the whole lot of them, the lobbyist etc...

THIS IS A SPORTS SITE, why bring all that junk into rooting for your team after a win?

Why, cause you want to draw attention to yourself and your point. There is no other reason then being selfish.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Who brought up Obama Rodney? Why should this have come up in a conversation with Bill Self?

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

Your first comment was all about ripping Obama. Gary Bedore wrote this article because the guy that coaches BASKETBALL at Kansas was trying to arrange a meet and greet with the BASKETBALL team while Obama was in Lawrence. Gary made no mention of the political aspect of Obama's visit (that was all you), only a potential SPORTS RELATED aspect of the visit.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Yes, I know he didn't make any mention of Obama's political visit, but everyone knows he's visiting to promote his agenda. There was nothing wrong with what I said, except that some people don't like how blunt it was about Obama.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Micky I am sorry but there is no way possible way to spin this, you wanted to get your own agenda out there, it was selfish, it had no corletation to the article, it was pure and simple an attention grab by you. Just you.

You saw the word president and decided to make sure everyone knew how you felt about him. Regardless that it did not belong.

You are drowning in quick sand here and you cannot stop yourself any more.

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

I'm right. You know it. Just man up and stop trying to be a crowd pleaser. You just can't walk away from what you started can you? You know you're out of line. I'm not the only one that recognizes it. It's not the first time for you.

Your a fool, I am right

You have called everyone every name in the book, Aaron and I have tried to reason with you. I am right again

You are the one who posted an hour ago and cannot let it go - I am right again

You and Chris are alone, I am right again

These are not my thoughts, these are facts bore out by just reviewing this mess you have created.

You are about as wrong and as misguided as you can be.

Smile Micky.... You are in the spot light! Just like you wanted.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 6 months ago

Mickey, serious question. Do acactually believe that everyone who posts on this website lives in the Lawrence area?

Micky Baker 4 years, 6 months ago

Aaron, nope, but every student who Obama is going to be speaking POLITICS to is currently in Douglas County.

Dustin Peterson 4 years, 6 months ago

This is amazing. It's well past my bedtime, but I'm considering making some popcorn and following this! Politics on a sports site, competitive male posturing with erroneous understanding of fascism, semantics! The drama!!! I will say this: Mickey is right. Obama is not the socialist I thought I was voting for.

Ok, let this dumpster fire burn!

Rodney Crain 4 years, 6 months ago

Thank heavens we do not have to pay for the ink for this lol.

See you made the mistake of poking fun at this, no one should get fired up about that.

Chris Bailey 4 years, 6 months ago

I get that Rodney. And from that you're correct. I apologize but I do see his point about Obama being brought up. I'm glad we're all fed up. Makes me think there's still hope! Rock Chalk

Kevin Jenkins 4 years, 6 months ago

Please next time you log on lets talk about what and why you signed on to this sit.Jaywalk basketball!

Ron Sterling 4 years, 6 months ago

Kevin, people can come here to discuss whatever they want. If you don't like comments you can ignore them, but the only people with the right and/or ability to censor speech on this site are the owners/operators at the LJW. Sometimes there is overlap between sports and polotics/religions/other messy subjects, and there's nothing wrong with discussing those issues when overlap occurs. I could see your point if a person were just constantly injecting these issues when the story didn't go there, but this is a case where it did. Also, I've never come to this site to discuss Jaywalk basketball. I think that's something only New Yorkers do.

RJ King 4 years, 6 months ago

Ron - I agree that posters can discuss whatever they want. And I agree that we can all scroll past what we don't want to read. My complaint is that it is like navigating through a pre-school playground when there are perhaps a dozen comments in a row - several times within a thread - along the lines of, "did so," "did not," "did so," "did not."

Several years ago one could easily find interesting treasures of intellect, wisdom, comedy, new ideas or perspectives, or a respectful challenge amongst the childish or nasty remarks. These days, the nuggets are pretty much mined out, or buried beneath an avalanche of debris.

Ron Sterling 4 years, 6 months ago

Well, I definitely can't say you're wrong about any of that.

Kevin Jenkins 4 years, 6 months ago

Understand discussing ones own agenda, but I feel most of us signed up to KU sports to talk sports. And repeating the same old text over and over, sounds like Washington is already here. I am a Kansan graduated close to KU. Yes it is was Self's comments that he thought it would be nice for the team to meet the President. And yes politics are now the subject, but it's not a discussion if the same old players are saying the same they said for the last 8 hours.

Walter Bridges 4 years, 6 months ago

Want to meet the President? Win the NCAA Championship.

Jerry Walker 4 years, 6 months ago

If only the comments section was this lively all the time...instead of being full of Rodneys employing their goofy handed stimulations. But I'll give you this...it takes some skill to go to the off hand.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 5 months ago

Jerry I tried an experiment. To prove this was all on Micky, Aaron and I, the two who disagreed with him so much here, did not respond at all to Micky for the follow up articles that appears on here.

Guess what, Micky got the same result, even offended new posters.

All without Rodneys and Aarons.

So I have to ask, who is really at fault Micky? or us..... looks Like Micky to everyone else. Just saying...

Micky Baker 4 years, 5 months ago

Rodney,

You have not tried to reason with me.

I also want to address the comment about how I'm in the spotlight because that's what I wanted. Now I wonder how this became about me here? It wasn't because of me was it? It was because of people like you. It didn't have to be this way, but you made it this way. Why do you always have to blame me when this didn't have to be about me? You keep posting to me and you whine that you made it about me.

Rodney Crain 4 years, 5 months ago

Again could not be more wrong. Want to know why? Cause Aaron and I agreed not to respond to you when the follow up articles came out. They did and you went off again with no, zero help or replies from either of us. You went off again, with name calling, emotion, stomping your little feet it was hilarious.

Others, some who had not even had not posted here on this article disagreed with you and you called them names and argued to another 120+ posts. Some for the first time. You offended a bunch of new posters, nice job fool. Never have had so much fun watching you self implode again with not having to do a thing.

Micky, you did this with your selfish, own misguided, look at me posts. Here, this one, you might have had a point, but the ones yesterday and today, buddy that was 100% you being you without any input from Aaron or I. All you saw from us the last 48 hours was silence.

We gave you the rope, even told you we were only going to watch and not reply, and you jumped off the chair willingly and repeated what happened here.

Explain that buddy? You never will. How do you get above that?

Thank you for not only proving us right, but proving this post was wrong at the same time. Thank you Micky.