Originally published January 4, 2015 at 10:10a.m., updated January 4, 2015 at 10:01p.m.

Recruit Carlton Bragg to announce college choice on Thursday

No. 14-rated player tells ESPN.com he'll pick either Kansas, Kentucky or Illinois

Blue-chip, five-star Cleveland power forward Carlton Bragg will announce his college choice at 1:45 p.m., Central time, Thursday at Villa Angela St. Joseph High School, ESPN.com’s Reggie Rankin reported on Sunday.

The 6-foot-9, 225-pound Bragg, who is ranked No. 14 nationally by Rivals.com, will choose either Kansas University, Kentucky or Illinois.

Bragg made an official visit to KU for the Late Night in the Phog season-opening celebration. He made an unofficial visit to UK for Big Blue Madness and also has made an unofficial visit to Illinois.

If KU lands Bragg, it could also help in the recruitment of UK and KU target Jaylen Brown, a 6-7 senior from Wheeler High in Marietta, Georgia, who is ranked No. 2 by Rivals.com. Bragg has said he’d like to play in college with Brown and No. 18 Brandon Ingram, 6-8 from Kinston (North Carolina) High, who is also considering KU and UK.

Bragg received scholarship offers from more than 20 schools, including Indiana, Texas, Michigan State, UConn, Louisville, Ohio State and Pittsburgh.

“I have taken my visits and I am ready to make the big decision. This will allow me to devote all my attention to winning a state championship at Villa Angela-St. Joseph," Bragg told ESPN.com.

Bragg averaged 18.7 points and 8.5 rebounds a game his junior season of high school.

“He is a stretch four. He can shoot the jumper, run the floor real well, and that’s what people love about him,” Bragg’s mentor, Michael Graves, told Zagsblog.com. “His upside is unlimited. He’s just gotta keep doing the hard work and stay hungry and humble.”

After his visit to KU, Bragg told Jayhawkslant.com: “It was just a great visit. Before Late Night in the Phog started, we (other recruits) hung out with the team in the locker room and stuff like that. Man, I just loved my visit to Kansas and it was a great experience.”

Comments

Kevin Tomasu 5 years, 4 months ago

I'm hearing KU is in great position for Bragg.

Rob Bedford III 5 years, 4 months ago

That would be great if it happens. After viewing his twitter page and seeing him gush over Drake and Calipari I just do not see him picking KU.

Andy Hess 5 years, 4 months ago

The vast majority of people are saying KU or Illinois. UK is not expected to be a player for Bragg.

Steve Jacob 5 years, 4 months ago

I do want to point out KU does not have anyone recruits yet for next year and it does not look like a very good high school class this year, at least according to ESPN grades.

Jeff Kilgore 5 years, 4 months ago

Right now that's true. However, we're in on multiple recruits, a few who will choose KU. We can expect that given previous success. If you look at rivals.com, you'll see that KU is being considered by every player in the top 10 still yet to commit.

Micky Baker 5 years, 4 months ago

You see, you think they're not fans because they don't agree with you. "Pom Pom homer crowd". What do you expect to achieve by this? Making yourself feel smarter than you are?

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

See Steve this is what I was talking about.... Got to be careful some of these fans cannot stand to hear any negative comment about the program.

I support your right to make any observation on here, especially one like yours based on facts.

Don't let this crowd shout you down cause you have something you want to say.

Aaron Paisley 5 years, 4 months ago

Here's a fact for you, a lot of recruits prefer to take their official visits to schools where there's actually a game to experience a game day atmosphere and to actually see how a coaching staff prepares for a game instead of just hearing about it. But I guess facts like that don't help you case just like the fact that most highly rated kids like to wait until the spring to commit when they know who's staying, who's going, and where the most potential minutes are.

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

Another example Steve... repeat do not say anything remotely negative.

Now remember Steve you said it, all I said was I agree with your right to say it, provided some facts that are relevant and to be careful. They try to reply with comments that excuse us being shut out so far, when no one else has the same issues, all other programs have commits if they want them. We are the only elite team shut out with 2 open scholarships.

Note all the comments are directed at me lol. Makes you wonder if it is just me or the actual facts that make them more upset. It is interesting how misguided they can be. I knew this would happen sorry Steve.

Micky Baker 5 years, 4 months ago

You're really obsessed with hating on Jayhawk fans. You're not gaining anything by it. You don't have the facts on your side. Your opinion is what it is.

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

Actually Micky, those are the facts as they relate to KU recruiting. Does it ever bother you how often you are not only wrong, but clearly wrong.

PLEASE NOTE - I am replying to your post, please do not continue to make the mistake or confuse this with being obsessed with you Micky. Thank you for trying to understand. Here is a what if, if you don't reply, I do not have to correct your errors in your posts to me. Just a public service announcement.

Bill McGovern 5 years, 4 months ago

Rodney wins the award for most uninformed comments with absolutely no direction. Take a bow!

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

Another fan, thanks for adding absolutely nothing but a throw away shot at me to the discussion. You have really shown me the depth of your knowledge Billy. What a joke lol. Try "you suck" next time!

Pick up your game McGovern ....

Micky Baker 5 years, 4 months ago

"Shhh Steve the Pom Pom homer crowd does not like you to point out this fact. Actually only 6 recruits left have even visited our campus. Of the 16 left in the top 100 we have only offered scholarships to 10. We have two open scholarships too. I think you have a valid point but be careful or you will hear it from these "fans" for stating this."

You didn't post the section of this that is in quotes? So I'm not being factual when I said you take cheap shots at fans?

"Pom Pom homer crowd"<<< You didn't post that? Why was that even necessary? Now you understand why I called you out on it or, you should. You see that's the opinion of yours that I said is an opinion. You did post that, or is this going to be your, "I don't even know who Jonathan Gruber is", moment?

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

PLEASE NOTE - I am responding to your post please do not mistake again that I am obsessed with you.

Again off topic, only about me, what a broken record. The homer crowd on here, with their poms poms, does not like any negative comment. If I can be called a Debbie Downer on here, why can I not use Pom Pom homer crowd to describe the fans who hate negative comments?

You know who is obsessed with negativity, you are Micky. We won today with a great second half and all you want to do is to try to tell me how to post so I fit into some box you think I should fit into. Why can't you be happy with today's win instead of projecting all your negativity on me? Ask yourself that in the mirror. If you can!

Micky Baker 5 years, 4 months ago

Aren't you the person that started this? You brought it up by taking cheap shots at the fans. Nobody but you did this. Do you think people don't like you or the criticisms or is that maybe you just don't have the ability to be constructive?

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

You confirmed my point is all Micky. Anything negative and you go off the rails.

Stephen Johnson 5 years, 4 months ago

Mickey, just ignore Rodney's posts. They're not worthy of a response. :)

Stephen Johnson 5 years, 4 months ago

Mickey - you are absolutely right, just what you said and you con note it by Rodney's response.

Walter Bridges 5 years, 4 months ago

Steve..do you have a site that shows where the class of 2015 is compared to other classes?

Joe Ross 5 years, 4 months ago

If Self's coaching is better than Calipari's, and I believe it is, then the apparent explanation for Kentucky's better performance over the last 5 years is better recruiting. It would be nice to see Kansas win a recruiting battle against Kentucky, as the occurrence is too rare.

Jeff Kilgore 5 years, 4 months ago

To be fair, Calipari's recruiting is better than any NBA team's draft. Calipari has the luxury of promising recruitings (and delivering) that they'll practice against future NBA players every day. That's easy to understand. Let's hope we can convince him that KU and not UK is the place to play ball.

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

To be fair Jeff, Kentucky has more to offer top talent than KU. A pro style offense, elite living conditions, elite playing environment, a very good chance to get to the final four, a very good chance to play for a national championship, great exposure, excellent coaching, and a Coach who has coached at the next level. Add to that numerous successful recent NBA players that are playing well in the NBA and it is obvious why any or all of the top recruits would prefer to play at Kentucky. We get the players who are left after KY chooses who they want.

Micky Baker 5 years, 4 months ago

We don't have elite living conditions in Lawrence or an elite playing environment? It's pretty easy to win when the shortest guy on the court is 6'8". They really don't have to be quick because of their length and they provide matchup problems all over the court.

The top recruits would be able to play well in the NBA no matter where they go. They go to Kentucky for one thing, and that is a chance for an NCAA Championship ring. Plus, we don't have a coach that has been at two schools with major NCAA violations. Only reason he got away with it so far is because as soon as it was revealed, he moved on.

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

Hi Micky, we do not have elite living conditions like KY. We will in a few years but we do not now.

Recruits had to like that NBA combine at KY, and that numerous KY players are doing well in the NBA.

You are living in the past again, Until and if ever they find violations something will change with Cal and KY. Right now KY has a huge edge on almost all programs with regards to recruiting.

PLEASE NOTE - I am responding to your post, please do not mistake again this post with being obsessed with you. It is creepy when you make that mistake.

Micky Baker 5 years, 4 months ago

It's creepy when you're obsessed with me. You're the one that began baiting up there.

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

I am not certain but it sounds like you have some personal issues.

I post on here about our basketball program, which is not doing well so far in recruiting, which is what this article and mosts posts are about in this thread. Yours are about me, who is obsessed with who Micky? To the common observer it looks like you.

PLEASE NOTE - I am responding to you post, please do not mistake again the reply with me being obsessed with you. Thanks for trying to understand.

Leon Trotter 5 years, 4 months ago

Except...you know...all the top players that don't go to Kentucky. (Wiggins, Parker, Okafor, Jones, Muiday, Stanley Johnson...etc) Is Cal/Kentucky the best right now? Yes...and its not close. That said, you still should calm down a bit. They get a lot of talent but its far from every player they target. (Ulis was their 3 or 4th choice PG for last year)

You are not really wrong with your thoughts on recruiting, but you are about the most preemptively negative person on the topic I have seen. Relax and enjoy the games.

Also, I am not sure what you are watching. Our offense is an NBA style in many ways. (I don't watch a ton of UK but from what I have seen, they aren't really running many NBA sets.)

Micky Baker 5 years, 4 months ago

Recruiting of size mainly. Self is certainly the better coach though.

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

I am not so sure about that. Danny had a lot to do with our bigs development too.

PLEASE NOTE - I am responding to your post, please do not mistake again this post with being obsessed with you. Thank you for understanding.

Lance Cheney 5 years, 4 months ago

This is actually true what Rodney is saying. I think we are starting to see the impact of losing Danny coaching our bigs.

Walter Bridges 5 years, 4 months ago

Last year';s recruiting class was arguably the best in KU history but the team was far from the best KU basketball team since HCBS arrived...maybe other things like experience should be taken into account.

David Steward 5 years, 4 months ago

Is KY the favorite right now in NCAA? Yes, without argument. And this season has done even more to prove Cal's ability to make great use of those top players. Until something changes to negate his progress I expect it to continue. For that matter, this Jayhawk fan has to admit that KY has been at or near the top for my lifetime.

But this "The sky is falling" outlook by some KU fans, not all but some, really demonstrates an attitude of "What have you done for me lately?" Don't take that wrong. I'm neither upset nor critical of the opinions of other fans. But KU is certainly doing very well. Most D1 programs only dream of being where we are.

Look at the facts. KU had one of the top recruiting classes in the nation last year. This after losing two players in the top three draft picks. KU has enormous talent in the NBA. I admit our players have not had top billing since Pierce, but that appears to be changing. Mario has two NBA championship rings. BMac is coming on. Wiggins is poised to be Rookie of the Year. Marcus, Markief, and even Cole now are doing well. Again, other than KY, no other D1 program is putting more in the league.

We are doing very well. We have a great coach. Top recruits want to play at KU. No program, not even KY, has more sustained success in the last 20-30 years than does KU. We have a lot to be thankful for. And as long as our coaches, supporters, and fans continue to stand behind this program there are a lot more good things to come. I only wish we could do away with the debacle that is the Time Warner deal, but that's a separate blog.

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

Why do you think that stating concerning facts about recruiting this season so far, means the sky is falling? It baffles me when something with the team seems off some fans, not all just some like you, like to rest on our past as a "keep your chin up" comment even while agreeing that we are not up to par with KY. We are Kansas we will be fine, and RCJH, does not mean much when you see your team get creamed by 25+ twice in ten games when they have only lost by 25 once in the last decade. That's history too. We are not running around like Chicken Little, we are basing observations on facts or what we see in games. It seems to me that to take the view that everything will be fine cause we are KU just look at our past, is acting like another bird and just burying you head in the sand.

David Steward 5 years, 4 months ago

Did not mean to sound like everything is fine. You are correct that we have had two terrible games. But we have had bad games before and ended up with great years. Not saying that will be the case this year.

Still, I don't have to bury my head in the sand. We were very good last year. I hated seeing us lose to Stanford. But I also know things might have been very different had Joel not gone down. You need look no further than KY to realize what losing one player can do to a team. Remember Noel going down during the season?

I'm not a cheerleader nor am I blinded. The fact is that KU is and has been a great team and program right up to last year. This year hasn't been pleasant because we shouldn't lose the way we have twice. I believe Bill is the one who stated "We are never as good as we look in certain games and we are never as bad as we look in others. The truth is somewhere in between."

Kansas has had two amazing recruiting seasons in a row. I remember when we didn't have great recruiting and we were so bad that we only took second place in the tournament. There are some things broken this year but we also have the opportunity to win the league and go deep in the tournament. Not saying either is a given but they are both highly possible. I only find it interesting that some on this site panic when anything negative happens to our team and appear to forget all of the positives. Is that fair?

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

Dave why is criticizing your team panicking and supporting them unconditionally the only way to be a fan! I beleive you can praise and critizies your team and still be a fan. You seem realistic about the teams short comings this year, to some that is sacrilege on here, panicking.

Aren't you like the pot calling the kettle black? Just because you say that you are not does not make it so.

Micky Baker 5 years, 4 months ago

Being critical is one thing, but that doesn't mean you don't support the team unconditionally. It's not your criticism that makes you unlikable at times. It's your tone and your need to be agreed with. I don't care if you disagree. You're not respectful and you do take cheap shots. It's not like anyone doesn't recognize it. I recognize that you're a fan but sometimes you react before you let your emotions settle down, from what I gather. When you put the word fans in quotation marks, what did you mean by that, and be honest about it.

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

PLEASE NOTE - this is the fourth reply in this thread to your non basketball posts about just me that you mistake for me being obsessed with you???

Micky I do not know how else to say this, stay on topic and quit trying to act like you are above the fray, your not. I stand up for myself, and I will never, repeat never back down from folks like you. I have asked you privately and publicaly to stop but you just cannot act like an adult.

So...

PLEASE NOTE - this is a reply to your post to me, please do not confuse or mistake again this is me being obsessed with you. Thank you for trying to understand. (If you do not post to me I have no reason to reply to you!)

Micky Baker 5 years, 4 months ago

Yes, because saying "Pom Pom homer crowd" was about the subject, huh? You made that the subject,not me. You aren't willing to be a man are you?

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

Well lol, not sure how you got here Micky, questioning my manhood. So let me just say when I reflect back to you how rude and insensative you are you go nuts, it just shows who is immature and who can have an adult conversation. You reply to me with nothing on the subject, always about some rules to post that only you think others should abide by. You could not even celebrate the win yesterday all you could do was post over and over (sounds obsessed to me) about the same subject and one subject - me.

As too that point, which you have never responded to on this thread - Micky I beleive our basketball program is on thin ice with our recruitment for next season. (See what I did there Micky, actually talk about the subject we are talking about). So far the facts, zero commits bear that this years recruiting seems atypical. (Micky here I say why I think that. It's just my opinion but guess what I get one without having to be confined into whatever way or tone you think I should use).

If you want to turn this into a post on how and what you think I can post, it is going to get tiresome if you do not at least remotely mention the team, the article or a reply to a basketball post.

Up to you buddy.

Brianna Zaleski 5 years, 4 months ago

Gentleman, I think we've all reached that point... Let's all adhere to the mantra: "Dont Feed the Troll"!

David, Micky, Aaron et al, you're all making good, well thought out points that deserve an honest, real response. Not cynicism and backhanded statements. I'm guilty of it as bad as anyone. If we all ignore the troll, he/ she will go away.

Justin Daniel 5 years, 4 months ago

He is Kentucky bound. We need Alexander to stay another year and some how land Zimmerman or Diallo.

Robert Brock 5 years, 4 months ago

Calipari brings in Drake to wow the airheads. Self still turns to Master P.

Drew Doerfler 5 years, 4 months ago

actually everyone.....ku stands a good shot at bragg.....247sports.com, which is a great site by the way, just had 3 new predictions from experts appear today with bragg landing at ku...also one for ingram to ku....ku also leading for diallo......we will be getting at least another great big for next year...relax everyone

Walter Bridges 5 years, 4 months ago

Saw that also but thanks for posting that. I think we will get two big commitments next season when all is said and done.

Titus Canby 5 years, 4 months ago

Does anyone know what ever happened to Thon Maker? Did he reclassify to the class of 2015?

Drew Doerfler 5 years, 4 months ago

they are waiting for his semester test scores to figure out his eligibility.....he wants to come out early....just depends upon if he will be eligible

Tyler Capone 5 years, 4 months ago

the world, and this site, would be a much better place if Rodney was to never comment on another post ever again.

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

So profound Tyler, anything about the topic, nope didn't think so? No original thought, nothing on topic, not even enjoying the win? Just a immature shot at me. Grow up and try to have an adult conversation please!

I think our recruitment for next year is concerning. Got anything on that Tyler? Crickets..... Ok thanks for adding to the discussion.

Weak. Really???

Craig Colgin 5 years, 4 months ago

Actually.... I would be disappointed if Rodney never posted again. He is actually very realistic about things wether good or bad. I value his opinion and ability to share it even with those who refuse to see the truth in it. (I am assuming Rodney is a he here) I think its possible for a fan to be proud of all the history and tradition and everything that is absolutely great about the program and still be able to admit that we are losing the recruiting battle with UK. Now. Having said that. I dont have the slightest inclination how to fix that. So I, like many others. Trust in Self

Micky Baker 5 years, 4 months ago

Especially when he refers to the "Pom Pom homer crowd".

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

Seems that you are the only one who is upset by that Micky...

I would prefer to post my comments without being called a Negative Nancy or a Debbie Downer, which I was called long before I started using the hated "pom pom homer crowd" (just thought of that recently). See when someone does it to you it is not acceptable, yet to me it is. Why is that Micky?

Walter Bridges 5 years, 4 months ago

Well Tyler that is your opinion. I'm guessing you feel frightened if someone challenges you with differing viewpoints.

This place would be boring if everyone agrees and fits the same mold of rah rah Jayhawk.

Luca Rossi 5 years, 4 months ago

Its always exciting when a possible recruit is going to declare. Seeing the list of finalists I can't help but remember when Cliff did the fake out with the Illinois hat. Imagine if CB did it to them again, oh man. Good luck to the young man wherever he chooses... unless its KY. ;)

While some people have fears of a potential recruiting apocalypse, I'm not very concerned. While there is a small chance of it happening, I think Coach always has a backup plan. There are only two scholarships to give and Bill has gone all in with the top guys for them. If we lose a guy or two to the draft then maybe we pick up a late transfer similar to Tarik Black for next season.

Lastly, I think its probable that many of these top recruits read the articles and comments on those articles that are written about them. I would if I was in their shoes. People are all entitled to post your opinions, etc., but as fans our words can/may have a little bit of impact on their decisions. It seems KU goes toe to toe against KY in a lot of these recruiting battles, KY has won most of them recently but that doesn't mean KY is the best fit for every kid out there. Hopefully posters can try their best to keep things positive and classy considering you never know who may be reading them.

Rob Bedford III 5 years, 4 months ago

The hat trick with Cliff may have gone differently if his previous g/f were not attending KU.

Jeremy Wilhelm 5 years, 4 months ago

I don't know what you think you are accomplishing Rodney Crain, but it's plain to see you love the negative attention and you love making yourself feel smart, even though what you offer up as insightful commentary is really just one negatively slanted platitude after the next. Baiting and being a sarcastic jerk to fellow fans is uncalled for. I agree with Brianna Zaleski completely. From now on, I pledge to quit feeding the troll and to scroll past anytime I see your name on a post.

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

I have an opinion Jeremy like everyone else on here. You are wrong not every post is negative, you are generalizing me, which is typical by the homer crowd who only wish to see positive posts about the beloved program. I do not bait or become a sarcastic jerk until these so call fans attack me without even disagreeing with my post. In most cases not even mentioning my post or even the article it is made under. Guess what you just did the same pathetic thing.

A troll makes comments off topic and tries to enlist an emotional response rather than comment on the topic being discussed. I do not do that, Brianna and her band of brothers, you, actually do that.

I would love it, for you, Brianna, anyone else she thinks agrees with her to stop replying to me. I have even asked them to please not to privately, but they would rather act like the definition of a troll and reply with dribble about how I am not fitting into their view, the one and only view that should be posted. ( I reflect back their immature type of post, it looks like that upsets them, acting like they do), They do not add anything to the discussion, like you have not here, but attack someone directly for a different view calling then what they believe in, all while calling them names. Brianna agrees she does this above too, just like me. Who is the troll that is off topic and trying to bait someone into an emotional response? The definition of a troll...btw look it up.

Here let me show you what you are actually suppose to do on here in this section --

I believe our recruiting has taken an atypical path that is concerning. Our biggest need with our 2 open scholarships is talented length. Since we have only offered 10 of the remaining recruits, an only 6 have actually visited it does not look like we are going to get who we want, but will have to settle for who is left of scramble around in the Spring to find someone.

Now see this is where someone usually replies with I agree or I don't agree (and why), not to call me out for being negative and calling me names like Brianna has, and others without ever mentioning what I said. That is Trolling.

So thanks for playing but you have missed the point completely which does not surprise me.

PS- check out Luca's response right about yours. That is a great example of a on topic original thought with insight disagreeing with me and others. It is mature and well written about the topic!

Dirk Medema 5 years, 4 months ago

There are always 2 ways of wording anything - a positive and a negative way.

Some people choose to be negative, which quite frankly is easier just like it is easier to fall down than climb up. Some people put the effort into being positive. Obviously, negative people will be negative, even about people being positive. Unfortunately (for those that have to interact with them), it tends to be their nature.

Classic KU example:

Recent KU FB teams lacked depth and execution.

or

Did you see that steaming pile of @#$%?

Notice that the positive comment actually presents more intelligent information than the negative, though that's not to say that every positive comment is accurate (KU scholarship athlete housing is decades behind the competition, which is why it was a priority for Coach Self in his contract extension following the NC, and remains a priority to this day.) and intelligent, and every negative comment is ignorant. It just takes more effort than some people are willing to exert, but it is also worth it for everyone involved.

Rob Stewart 5 years, 4 months ago

Interesting to see Rivals top 150 and how many top 10 programs are NOT buying in on the one-and-done kids, settling for the scraps if you will, 3 or 4 year players. It has been fun to watch the maturity of players,when the lights get brightr in the NCAA tourney, just how many struggle to play calm under the greatest stage yet. C Frankamp seemed to be the best one and done kid I've seen in the past 10 years, interesting huh.

Gerry Butler 5 years, 4 months ago

everything I've heard is pretty much KU'S for the taking

Gerry Butler 5 years, 4 months ago

you have to realize Rodney thrives on attention. whether it be negative attention or whatever, any attention will do, if you ignore him then he like every other troll will sooner or later go away they stop getting attention it deflates their ego. as long as you continue to respond to his comments whether they be right or wrong its like an orgasm for him gets him off. secondly he would be or be of more revelance of he actually knew what he was talking about. Rodney is one of these guys that pushes the panic button if you don't have anyone signed on the 1st day of signing period, never mind a kid like Zimmerman says he won't even sign a NLI so according to Rodney theory whether its true or not we have lost out on him because he hasn't signed Rodney is a guy that no matter he would rather have us sign someone just so we can say HEY w have signed 3 kids yippee. what Rodney fails to realize, understand or what the hell ever is that when your on higher top notch well known recruits that every school and his brother are in on that its going to take longer to get these players to sign they are going to take their time a lot of these kids love the publicity, the attention by drawing the process out they are going to dectate how it goes down, not the opposite and these coaches wait. but that's ok Rodney you seem to be a very intelligent guy, maybe you ought to go down to the athletic office and see if Bill won't hire you as you obviously have NO JOB as proved by all your comments just on this one article maybe you can get on as an assistant then YOU can go out and recruit and sell the university of Kansas to these kids and I'm SURE we would never be in this position again you would be able to get this high profile recruits to commit just BAM just ignore this dumm ass he will go away

Rodney Crain 5 years, 4 months ago

I have been on here a long time, making positive and realistic (negative) comments long before the facebook switch. So I am not going to go away. So that is incorrect. I see where you might think that not knowing the above, but I would actually prefer others just ignore me I am ok with that. I have actually reached out to some of these posters privately asking them not to reply to me, but they cannot help themselves. Who is the troll Gerry???

To your recruiting point I am calling out that we are the only elite team, even top 75 team who have no commits, which is rare considering we have open scholarships. The remaining top talent pool is very limited, 16, and we have only offered 11 of them and only 6 have visited up to now. It is concerning, atypical for us, even with the points you make. We know KY is going to pick another 3-5 to add to their two depending on how many leave. We know MI is in on one player, there are some home town ties too. Will we get one or two, yes we will, but will they be the ones we want or the ones we end up with? That is all I am saying. I agree the social media part does draw out the process. Nobody else in the elite group is waiting on their first commit however.

I am fully disabled Gerry, I can no longer work due to my health issues so I am not going to be able to help Coach Self, or anyone else the rest of my life. You are right I do not have a job but not because no one will hire me, I continue to get offers from my field, but I can barely walk. The constant pain also keeps me up at night, so I am sorry if I am bored and this is one of the things that allows me to connect to the sports world. Trust me when I say this, being on permanent vacation, being able to watch as much TV as you want, it is not as great as that might sound if you can barely make it to your mailbox and back.
I am just a fan who likes to talk about my favorite team. Cheer when they do well on here and wonder aloud on here when they do not.

just an FYI this is called a period (.) I think a sentence with 80+ words needs one, but that is just me being picky... I am not a grammar expert by any means but had to reread your post to understand where you were going. Just saying they are free. :) sorry but I had to say something...