Thursday, March 6, 2014

Kansas basketball to break out new uniforms for March

Kansas University and adidas unveiled new Made in March uniforms for the men's basketball team on Thursday.

Kansas University's men's basketball team and adidas unveiled the Made in March uniforms for the 2014 NCAA basketball postseason Thursday morning.

According to a press release, the collection was created to provide the Jayhawks with adidas' most advanced uniform system and basketball apparel technology so they can take on the challenges and intense play of March.

Made in March uniforms feature a functional perforated print pattern along the leg of the stretch woven short to enhance breathability and ventilation. The quick-drying jersey technology can be found in current NBA uniforms.

Made in March uniforms feature the school's "Rock Chalk" rally cry on the inside collar of each jersey.

The Made in March uniforms debut on-court beginning with the Big 12 Conference tournament play.

Comments

Len Shaffer 4 years, 10 months ago

Hopefully they'll work out better than the new U.S. Olympic uniforms.

Bryce Landon 4 years, 10 months ago

I actually like these better than the standard versions we wore during the regular season. Simpler in design and appearance. I hope these become our standard uniforms for the regular season in 2014-15.

That said, I'm disappointed to see that there isn't a red version of this uniform.

Break out some red uniforms, PLEASE!!!

Andy Hess 4 years, 10 months ago

Coach Self does not like the red uniforms, so even if they were provided, I highly doubt he would use it.

Bryce Landon 4 years, 10 months ago

How do you know he doesn't like them? He's had KU wear red a few times in the past.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 10 months ago

Because he's said it multiple times over the years. If he did like them, KU would actually wear them a few times a year instead of once every few years.

Jim MinorThreat 4 years, 10 months ago

If I recall correctly Ku had to wear the red uniforms 2 times/year. Self would get one of those time out of the way in a preseason game lol.

Walter Bridges 4 years, 10 months ago

I'm guessing that as part of KU's agreement w/Adidas, is to wear multiple uniforms every year along with their standard uniforms. It's all about $$..

Mark Lindrud 4 years, 10 months ago

I was thinking the same thing Bryce. We went with the gray uni's this year, which not bad, but I think red could be done really well. If we are going to do the multiple uniforms red really is a great choice.

Len Shaffer 4 years, 10 months ago

Red is for Oklahoma, Nebraska and others of their ilk. KU is Big BLUE, not Big Red. I for one would be happy to never see KU wear red uniforms again.

Bryce Landon 4 years, 10 months ago

Crimson is one of Kansas' school colors. Just because other schools wear red doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't. Kansas should wear both crimson and blue with pride!

Eric TheCapn 4 years, 10 months ago

Crimson is much more of a KU color than K-State gray.

Mike Schell 4 years, 10 months ago

keep in mind that i am just 21, so therefor i love the way college uniforms look in today's time. Personally i don't mind these at all, there not the best either, but we have seen Adidas put alot worse unis out there for us to wear. For example last years big 12 tourney, or the all blue Adidas jersey the game at WVU last season. I am a big fan of the new grey and cream jerseys the Hawks have been wearing since big 12 play, but overall i dont mind these new jersey changes it could be alot worse

the only thing i ask is we WIN!

oh, and i dont post on here alot im just giving my opinion i know my grammar is not the best so please domt eat me alive for it haha ROCK CHALK

Bryce Landon 4 years, 10 months ago

You should see some of the uglier colors other Adidas schools will have to wear, like UCLA's navy blue, Tennessee's charcoal gray, Notre Dame's gray and lime green...

And then there's Baylor - the front of their uniforms actually says - I kid you not - "SIC'EM BEARS".

Mark Lindrud 4 years, 10 months ago

Baylor wears their uniforms when they are jogging at night.Even Stevie Wonder gets blinded by them.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 10 months ago

They're still Adidas for this academic year.

Mike Schell 4 years, 10 months ago

i just saw the whole adidas line and your right the Baylor ones are horrible haha im just glad our jerseys dont have the sleeves on them like UCLA, LOUISVILLE and BU, the day Adidas puts sleeves on a KANSAS jersey ill jumo back to the Nike ship ROCK CHALK

Bryce Landon 4 years, 10 months ago

At least we don't have to wear the ugly navy blues UCLA is getting.

Aaron Paisley 4 years, 10 months ago

The color on those is fine, it's the sleeves that ruin them.

Todd 4 years, 10 months ago

These aren't too terrible, but what is it with jerseys just being so awful lately? I don't know how many of you follow soccer at all, but the new kits that are coming out are just terrible. The Tampa Bay Bucs jerseys are a joke. And it's both Nike and Adidas, so it's not just one company. I think they're in competition to see which can produce the most garbage.

Mark Lindrud 4 years, 10 months ago

I hear Tampa Bay wants to be the first team of the defunct European NFL Football League so that is why they changed uniforms.

Tony Bandle 4 years, 10 months ago

1 keep the off-white Jayhawk jerseys !!!

Just for fun, let's assume the most extreme situation that besides Black and Wiggins leaving, Jo Jo and Wayne go OAD and AWIII transfers.

That could give us Turner and Lyles to go with Alexander and Oubre. Group this class with Perry, Naadir, Jamari, Hunter, Conner, Frank, Brannen and Landon and you've got a nice team for next season.

One question, however, who becomers the leader?

Andy Hess 4 years, 10 months ago

to get Lyle and Turner, all we would need is two more open scholarships in addition to Wiggins and Black. Turner won't come unless JoJo leaves, but we would only need one extra for Lyle. White (or some other player) wouldn't necessarily have to transfer unless Selden decided to stay.

Joe Baker 4 years, 10 months ago

Andy, the more the season progresses and I watch AW3, I just think he might be your #3 open paper. I don't see anyone else leaving, it's a bit of a longshot to expect 4 open spots. I just don't think we get Lyle. The only other open spot would be if Selden jumps and unless he has a WOW post-season, don't think he's jumping. But, if he does breakout and wow the scouts, there's your 4th spot.

1.Wiggins- he's so gone I think he has an imaginery signing bonus and bank account already open in his name. 2.Black- 5th yr 3.JoJo short shot, very likely? 50/50 a bit more likely than Selden because of his size. 4.AW3 - transfer? I'm just afraid our roster is going to keep him from pt. He's got that Brady Morningstar player mentality. However, if he's really patient and understanding, he'll be playing his senior year. He could have a heck of a senior year with Mason as a junior. I see Mason, AW3, Greene, Ellis, JTray, Mickelson/Lucas playing their junior and senior years much like our last group of seniors of EJ, Rel, Young, and Withey 5.Selden - a bit of longshot to jump, but somewhat likely, doubtful right now. You're right if Selden stays with Oubre, AW3 will likely drop in the rotation just between scout team and walk-ons.

3-4 for sure possibly 5, it depends on AW3. If what he says is true, he's awaiting his time. What this spells is for Self to hit the recruiting classes of 2015-16 really anticipating these guys to possibly go their junior or senior year.

Luca Rossi 4 years, 10 months ago

"Selden - a bit of longshot to jump, but somewhat likely, doubtful right now." Huh?

Titus Canby 4 years, 10 months ago

The primary leader next year has gotta be Naadir. Senior PG. If he's not, it's a step backward. Next to him, Perry (a junior) and Jamari (a 4th year junior).

Joe Baker 4 years, 10 months ago

Tharpe is the uncontested leader, but Mason should be in a bit better position to contend next year. I still think Greene can become a leader. I think Mason is going to become Sherron 2.0 by his junior and senior year. I have no problem with Mason taking over after Tharpe's gone. If we get Lyle, a Mason redshirt might be possible? I'd love to have him as a 5th yr senior. I think Lyle's size and experience would make an immediate impact. Having Lyle at the same time as Tharpe would be huge for Tharpe and Mason to teach Lyle. It's strategic more than anything because if and when Lyle leaves, Mason would be perfect to step in after his redshirt. Self would definitely need a pg in the next 1-2 years.

Does anyone agree that a 50 ranked pg or lower is good to have 3-4 years? Self can train him and mold him into the pg he needs, not the premadonnas of the OAD pg Selby types. The one thing I've enjoyed about Tharpe is that he's not Selby or was even close to an OAD. He's been good enough for Self to teach. I think Tharpe could be one of the best pgs in the nation.

Ryan Michael 4 years, 10 months ago

I don't like Tharpe as a leader... You're leader is supposed to show up 100% of the time, compete, and lead by example. Tharpe plays one game with his head together, and the next without it. He also pouts wayyy too much to be a solid leader.

Vaughn, Haase, Tyrel Reed, Collins, those were leaders. They put their head down and just got it done... Consistently, and without any pouting or pointing fingers. I wish the best for Tharpe, but you aren't automatically a great leader simply because you've been around the longest.

Joe Baker 4 years, 10 months ago

Wow, I've never seen Selden look so stoic and statuesque. This must be his game face.

Max Ledom 4 years, 10 months ago

Great shot of the new jerseys guys. Really can see all the new features and details.

Just kidding.

Dan Spurgin 4 years, 10 months ago

Click on the image to seem some AWFUL shorts. Look like they were designed for 5 yrs olds - you know the little guy sports clothes that simply says, "Athletics" and has picture of football / basketball / soccer ball on it? Sweeping specs on bottom look like bad clip art applied as after thought.

Alex Berger 4 years, 10 months ago

I wonder if Andrew Wiggens gets to have a Canadian flag on his jersey.

Bryce Landon 4 years, 10 months ago

Check out this link of a business that makes jerseys of past and present Kansas players!

DB Ashton 4 years, 10 months ago

The epitaph for red should have been written for all time 29 March 1986 in Dallas. National semi-final. Duke 71. Kansas 67. Danny's a freshman on what has to have been one of the top three Jayhawk rosters ever. I have forever held Larry Brown accountable for this tragic fashion error.

Bryce Landon 4 years, 10 months ago

Disagree completely. Crimson red is a school color of KU, it was worn under coaches Allen, Harp and Owens, and it should be worn more often that it is, especially when KU is playing another school that uses blue as a color like West Virginia, or in a rivalry setting against Kansas State, Missouri, or Wichita State.

Luca Rossi 4 years, 10 months ago

Never cared too much about the jerseys they wear. As long as they are KU colors and with the times, it doesn't matter much to me. What matters to me is the team playing well and winning. If they are doing that then the jerseys look great!

Btw, imo... Adidas > Nike.

Chad Sandwell 4 years, 10 months ago

What happened to the red jerseys they showed earlier this year with the old school Jayhawk? I really liked those. Any chance we see them on Saturday at WVU? To my knowledge we haven't worn red unis yet this season....On a side note, anyone else nervous about a potential match up with Okie St. on Thursday?

Dirk Medema 4 years, 10 months ago

I think a rematch will get more of a Texas 2 effort than the Texas 1 effort we saw last week. I think it will be a much more focused team for the next 9 games.

Aaron Millsap 4 years, 10 months ago

Like many of you, I don't get too worked up about the jersey drama. I just want them to be classic and understated, not the "hey, pay attention to us" crap that Baylor basketball and MU football roll out. For myself, I prefer Adidas to Nike. My only real complaint with Adidas is that the t-shirts have overly big, seemingly worn out necks right off the rack. I'm not really into buying a t-shirt that I have to wear another t-shirt under to make it look halfway decent.

Greg Ledom 4 years, 10 months ago

@DB Ash - Danny was a sophomore not a freshman for the 86 team and the unis were hardly the issue. The calls made against him in that game were ridiculous. Would have loved the opp to play Louisville in the final of whom we had already beat earlier that year.