Thursday, October 10, 2013

KU basketball to play home-and-home series with UNLV

Kansas University’s men's basketball team will play UNLV in a home-and-home series starting next season, the schools have announced.

The Rebels will play at Allen Fieldhouse next nonconference season with the Jayhawks not returning the trip to Glitter City until 2016-17.

“They’ve got a good team, a good program and we’ve always had good support there,” said KU schedule-maker Larry Keating. “That’s another reason it’s a good place to play.”

KU fans have flocked to Las Vegas for the Jayhawks’ two appearances in the Las Vegas Invitational.

Comments

Jeff Worthington 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Chris is correct. And the UTEP team that beat us didn't have Hardaway. I don't know if they even had a big name player on that team. Awful game.

Dickless Head 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Chris Shaw, you're an effing idiot. I know your real name and I can hunt you down.

Bryce Landon, you're a fool for asking such a dumb question. I sure am glad I know your real name so I know Bryce Landon (I'll know where you live soon, just have to google it) is the biggest moron in the country. Stupid a$$.

Chris Shaw 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Best Kansas/UNLV game ever was in 1989 when KU upset then #1 UNLV (Larry Johnson and Stacy Augmen) and then beat Shaq and #2 LSU. Beating St. Johns for the preseason NIT Championship was just icing on the cake. Kansas still holds the highest jump in the AP rankings after that sweep going from unranked to #4 in the polls.

And...Pekka Markkanen has to be one of the greatest KU names of all-time.

Steve Gantz 6 months, 2 weeks ago

I'd much rather us play home and homes instead of these neutral court games where only a few fans of either team can get to the game.

Bryce Landon 6 months, 2 weeks ago

When was the last time KU and UNLV faced off on the basketball court?

Jayhawks Rock 6 months, 2 weeks ago

It's good for us in recruiting as well.

Chris Shaw 6 months, 2 weeks ago

Always love an excuse to get to Vegas!

Lonnie Ross Dillon 6 months, 2 weeks ago

WooHoo...Back to Vegas! When can I get a ticket :)