Tuesday, November 5, 2013

KU football releases 2014 schedule

Kansas running back James Sims flips the ball to an official after scoring a touchdown against Oklahoma during the second quarter on Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013 at Memorial Stadium.

Full schedule

2014 KU football

The Kansas football team will once again end the 2014 regular season against its biggest rival.

KU will play at Kansas State on Nov. 29 in Manhattan, ending a 12-game slate that was officially released by the Big 12 athletic directors on Tuesday morning.

The Jayhawks will have six home games in all, with four of those coming in conference play. KU will play host to Texas on Sept. 27, Oklahoma State on Oct. 11, Iowa State on Nov. 8, then celebrate Senior Day on Nov. 15 against TCU.

KU also has road dates at West Virginia (Oct. 4), Texas Tech (Oct. 18) and Baylor (Nov. 1) before finishing the season with two away games at Oklahoma (Nov. 22) and KSU.

Comments

Joe Ross 9 months, 2 weeks ago

A quick look at that schedule, I think 4-8 is a realistic expectation, with 6-6 within possibility.

Brett McCabe 9 months, 2 weeks ago

I think that your range is about right. Either way, it would include a Big 12 win which would be very positive. While 4 wins won't excite anyone, it would indicate progress. Fewer than 4 wins and we might have trouble, right here in River City.

I predicted 4 wins this year. We'll be underdogs in every game moving forward and it took a 52-yd FG to win one of our two. I think that we steal a win and end up with 3. I can't believe it but that would actually make me happy.

Doug Cramer 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Gotta see how this season ends...along with how Weis handles the D-line from a recruiting stand point. Hell...might as well throw the O-line in that equation as well.

If i HAD to make a guess at the moment...would say 3-9.

No way we go 6-6...less than 2% chance of that happening for 3 reasons.

1. Weis hasn't figured out what offense works in college football.
  2. O-line is bad...and we lose our biggest lineman...which is Sterling.
  3. D-line will struggle more than it already is...losing Seniors Augustinho and Young.

Mark Lindrud 9 months, 2 weeks ago

I am most concerned with the O line. We have guys redshirting this year that should help the defense so that is not the biggest concern for me next year, but I still want some depth there. I will also say, PLEASE GIVE US SOME WIDE RECEIVERS THAT CAN CATCH DA BALL!!!!

Kevin Randell 9 months, 2 weeks ago

I think it's a favorable schedule. 6-6 is definitely a possibility. I think the thing I like the most is that we do NOT play OU the weekend after they play Texas. Thank you God!

Terry N Tom Denner 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Holy Cow, we are already hoping and predicting 4 or 6 wins next season when they the Hawks are on a path to end up with no more than 2 wins this year. Unless someone forfeits and gives the Hawks 3rd win by not showing up !!

Joe Ross 9 months, 2 weeks ago

By next season the players will have another year in the system. This year will help with experience. New recruits will be coming in. We will get a couple of key players who are already on the team but couldn't play (Harwell, Jenkins-Moore). And there are 4 games on the schedule that are realistic in terms of a win (SEMS, Duke, Central Michigan, and Iowa State). If there is even a little improvement in the offensive line, Kansas should be competitive with TCU (3-6 so far this year), Kansas State (4-4), and WV (4-5). It wouldn't be unthinkable to pick up a couple of wins among those three games. I still think Texas, OU, OSU, Baylor, and TT will have our number. Just my opinion. Wouldn't hang a hat on any of it, but just the feeling I get right now.

Aaron Paisley 9 months, 2 weeks ago

KU is only graduating 5 or 6 starters this year. A lot of people don't realize just how young and inexperienced this team is this year. A lot of the improvement will come by virtue of the players having more experience next year at the Big 12 level.

Doug Cramer 9 months, 2 weeks ago

J-Ross - don't see us beating Duke next year...or more than 1 conference game.

Ted Adams 9 months, 2 weeks ago

I still think (and hold out some hope) that a win or two could come in the few weeks after playing OSU.

Next years schedule is okay. I still liked this years better, but 5-7 is probably about all I can hope for next year. You win the 3 non-cons, ISU, and TCU at home. IF the defense can stay status quo to this years and the offensive line can get a lot better, we might have something that could surprise some people.

By the way, 39 bowl games next year, so a few 5-7 teams will be in bowl games next year, so we have that going for us.

Lucas Town 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Next year I am predicting 3 to 4 wins tops.

1. SE Missouri State - W - Nice win to start the season.
  2. @ Duke - L - Road game, Duke is 6-2 at the moment with wins @ Virginia and @ #14 Virginia Tech, obviously they are capable of beating better than average FBS teams.
  3. Central Michigan - W - We rebound for a nice win here.
  4. Texas - L - Close again in Lawrence, but Texas wins again.
  5. @ West Virginia - ? - This one to me is a toss up, road game, West Virginia should be better, but so should KU.
  6. Oklahoma State - L - Nothing to see here.
  7. @ Texas Tech - L - Or here.
  8. @ Baylor - L - Or here.
  9. Iowa State - ? - Home game, we should win, but I will never count out a Paul Rhoads coached team, they always seem to play hard. Best chance for a conf. win if we don't beat West Virginia.
  10. TCU - ? - Another home game, we can win if we play well and are better athletically than we have been. TCU is well coached and tough defensively.
  11. @ Oklahoma - L - Moving on.
  12. @ Kansas State - L - Painful to say, but Bill will not let KU win in Manhattan. Mangino beat Prince in 2007, not Snyder.

I see 4 wins if we can take 2 of 3 from @ West Virginia, Iowa State or TCU. We will continue to be competitive but won't beat many teams in games where the other team is favored. Weis goes from 1 win to 2 wins to 4 wins. I like this trend. I don't think we win another game this year, lack of offensive production. I am not being negative, and would love to talk more about this with others. RCJHGKU!

Doug Cramer 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Lucas Town - I think that's a sound prediction...and realistic one.

I agree that we don't beat Duke. But I'd also argue that we do t win more than one conference game.

Could consider the @ West Virginia game a loss.

Iowa state would be our best shot...although like you said...there's something about a Paul Rhodes team. I'll say 3 wins tops.

Also agree that we don't win another game this year.

Lucas Town 9 months, 2 weeks ago

It is obvious that this team is getting better, but we need something to get over the hump. Weis needs to hire an OC, as others have stated. More time to recruit, but year 3 and 4 should see this team move even farther toward being competitive week in and week out. I know Mangino made a bowl game in year two, but it was year 6 before KU had that Orange Bowl team. Those are lofty goals, but Weis should have KU bowl eligible in year 4.

Randy Bombardier 9 months, 2 weeks ago

We need to schedule Savannah State. It would boost our morale.

Buster Hoobis 9 months, 2 weeks ago

I see 11 wins in this schedule. The Jayhawks will be legit next year! No way they get past RGIII at Baylor, though.

Tony Bandle 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Didn't know there was an April Fools Day in November. You ARE kidding, aren't you Buster?????

Just askin'.

Dennis Kalivoda 9 months, 2 weeks ago

Possible 2 wins at best for next year.