Tuesday, November 5, 2013

KU football releases 2014 schedule

Kansas running back James Sims flips the ball to an official after scoring a touchdown against Oklahoma during the second quarter on Saturday, Oct. 19, 2013 at Memorial Stadium.

Full schedule

2014 KU football

The Kansas football team will once again end the 2014 regular season against its biggest rival.

KU will play at Kansas State on Nov. 29 in Manhattan, ending a 12-game slate that was officially released by the Big 12 athletic directors on Tuesday morning.

The Jayhawks will have six home games in all, with four of those coming in conference play. KU will play host to Texas on Sept. 27, Oklahoma State on Oct. 11, Iowa State on Nov. 8, then celebrate Senior Day on Nov. 15 against TCU.

KU also has road dates at West Virginia (Oct. 4), Texas Tech (Oct. 18) and Baylor (Nov. 1) before finishing the season with two away games at Oklahoma (Nov. 22) and KSU.

Comments

Dennis Kalivoda 5 months, 1 week ago

Possible 2 wins at best for next year.

Buster Hoobis 5 months, 1 week ago

I see 11 wins in this schedule. The Jayhawks will be legit next year! No way they get past RGIII at Baylor, though.

Randy Bombardier 5 months, 1 week ago

We need to schedule Savannah State. It would boost our morale.

Janet Scott 5 months, 1 week ago

0-12; maybe 1-11. Unless KU schedules a few local rest homes in the Lawrence area in place of the non-conference foes. Has KU considered scheduling a beauty school or maybe a vo-tech?

Lucas Town 5 months, 1 week ago

Next year I am predicting 3 to 4 wins tops.

1. SE Missouri State - W - Nice win to start the season.
  2. @ Duke - L - Road game, Duke is 6-2 at the moment with wins @ Virginia and @ #14 Virginia Tech, obviously they are capable of beating better than average FBS teams.
  3. Central Michigan - W - We rebound for a nice win here.
  4. Texas - L - Close again in Lawrence, but Texas wins again.
  5. @ West Virginia - ? - This one to me is a toss up, road game, West Virginia should be better, but so should KU.
  6. Oklahoma State - L - Nothing to see here.
  7. @ Texas Tech - L - Or here.
  8. @ Baylor - L - Or here.
  9. Iowa State - ? - Home game, we should win, but I will never count out a Paul Rhoads coached team, they always seem to play hard. Best chance for a conf. win if we don't beat West Virginia.
  10. TCU - ? - Another home game, we can win if we play well and are better athletically than we have been. TCU is well coached and tough defensively.
  11. @ Oklahoma - L - Moving on.
  12. @ Kansas State - L - Painful to say, but Bill will not let KU win in Manhattan. Mangino beat Prince in 2007, not Snyder.

I see 4 wins if we can take 2 of 3 from @ West Virginia, Iowa State or TCU. We will continue to be competitive but won't beat many teams in games where the other team is favored. Weis goes from 1 win to 2 wins to 4 wins. I like this trend. I don't think we win another game this year, lack of offensive production. I am not being negative, and would love to talk more about this with others. RCJHGKU!

Ted Adams 5 months, 1 week ago

I still think (and hold out some hope) that a win or two could come in the few weeks after playing OSU.

Next years schedule is okay. I still liked this years better, but 5-7 is probably about all I can hope for next year. You win the 3 non-cons, ISU, and TCU at home. IF the defense can stay status quo to this years and the offensive line can get a lot better, we might have something that could surprise some people.

By the way, 39 bowl games next year, so a few 5-7 teams will be in bowl games next year, so we have that going for us.

Terry N Tom Denner 5 months, 1 week ago

Holy Cow, we are already hoping and predicting 4 or 6 wins next season when they the Hawks are on a path to end up with no more than 2 wins this year. Unless someone forfeits and gives the Hawks 3rd win by not showing up !!

Kevin Randell 5 months, 1 week ago

I think it's a favorable schedule. 6-6 is definitely a possibility. I think the thing I like the most is that we do NOT play OU the weekend after they play Texas. Thank you God!

Joe Ross 5 months, 1 week ago

A quick look at that schedule, I think 4-8 is a realistic expectation, with 6-6 within possibility.