Friday, March 22, 2013

Notebook: Kevin Young a cubist; Roy Williams gets warm welcome

— Kansas University senior forward Kevin Young fiddled with a Rubik’s Cube in a corner of the Jayhawks’ locker room on Thursday in Sprint Center.

“It’s something I do in my spare time. The fastest I’ve done it was two minutes,” Young said.

He was working on the cube he bought during his days at Barstow (Calif.) College.

“I still remember that. I’ve come a long way from the middle of nowhere in California and desert everywhere to snowy Kansas,” Young said with a smile. “It’s pretty awesome being able to come back here and get this opportunity to play in this tournament.”

Young grinned when told Olympic shot put phenom Reese Hoffa two years ago at the Kansas Relays said he has completed the cube in under a minute.

“No way,” Young exclaimed. “I missed that. That’s pretty awesome. I’ll try to test it, try to beat that time.”

Nice digs

The Jayhawks on Thursday were awarded the same roomy locker room they used at last weekend’s Big 12 Tournament. KU went 3-0 and won the postseason tourney title.

“It’s kind of weird,” freshman guard Ben McLemore said of the coincidence. “We worked hard to come back here. I think we are ready.”

“We feel really comfortable here,” center Jeff Withey said. “I have a great feeling about this weekend. It’s great we are so close to home just because we have the fans who can support us. It’s going to be a great weekend.”

Long day ahead

Senior guard Elijah Johnson doesn’t mind waiting for today’s 8:50 p.m. start.

“I think it’s kind of an eye-opener,” he said. “You start to realize other teams are playing. I was watching the Oregon-Oklahoma State game. It looked weird. I’m used to conference games. It’s when it pumps you up. You embrace it and can’t wait. I don’t mind watching the other teams play first. It gets you mentally ready.”

WKU a 16 seed?

Coach Bill Self’s scouting report on 20-15 Western Kentucky: “Scrappy, undersized, tough,” he said. “They get after you. They’ve got guys who can stretch it everywhere. They’ve got a nice team.”

Roy gets cheered

Former KU coach Roy Williams’ North Carolina Tar Heels play Villanova at 6:20 tonight in Sprint Center, with the winner set to play KU or WKU on Sunday.

Williams heard loud cheers — no boos were evident — when he walked onto the Sprint Center court for a 50-minute practice session Thursday before about 5,000 fans. The majority of fans in the crowd were KU fans.

“College basketball ... we’ve got enough to worry about without worrying about whether they’re going to clap or boo when I come out,” Williams said. “Nineteen thousand … I’m all right then. First time we went and played at Kentucky, I was booed by 24,000. Regardless of how bad it is, it’s not going to outnumber that.”

Williams joked: “You know you’ve been coaching too long when one of your former players is in the media and looks older than you do.”

He was referring to former KU guard Greg Gurley, color commentator next to play-by-play announcer Bob Davis on the Jayhawk radio broadcasts of games.

“For me, the University of Kansas and Lawrence was a great 15 years of my life,” Williams said. “I’ve said it this way before: I gave my heart, body, and soul for 15 years, and I loved it. When I went back to North Carolina, it was a very emotional thing. It’s a very emotional thing when I didn’t go the first time, and it was when I did go the second time

“I’ll use this analogy. A guy stopped me in the airport, said, ‘Coach, I just wanted to say hello, but I wanted to tell you I’m a big-time Jayhawk fan.’ I said, ‘I am, too.’

“He (fan) walked off. Went down a couple gates, came back a few moments later and said, ‘You surprised me.’

“I said, ‘I was there 15 years, had wonderful players that I loved. It was family and always will be. It’s not immoral to love two institutions. When I was a coach at Kansas, it was my favorite school. North Carolina was my second-favorite school. I happen to be coaching at North Carolina now, and it’s my favorite school, and Kansas is my second-favorite school.”

Cheer the man

Williams is going for career victory No. 700 today.

“He’s had quite a few of those at Kansas, 400-some at Kansas,” said former KU guard C.B. McGrath, an assistant coach on Williams’ staff at UNC. Williams was 418-101 in 15 seasons at KU. He’s in his 10th year at UNC.

“He did a lot of good things for Kansas, worked his tail off for 15 years, worked harder than any of us ever did,” McGrath said. “Us players ... we just sort of lived the dream there. We had good teams, obviously. Thankfully for him, he’s gotten two championships since he’s been at North Carolina. That’s sort of taken the pressure off him personally. It’s been good. I think it’s time fans give him a little ovation as opposed to (talking about) when he left, why he left, all those things. Hopefully the fans are over it by now. They’ve got a pretty darn good coach (Self) who won a national championship, another Final Four, nine straight conference championships. I’d think they’d show coach Williams a little bit of respect and give him a little ovation for all he did at Kansas. I’d think by now it (his leaving) is water under the bridge.”

Top-notch mentors

Self was asked about the “depth of coaching talent” in the South Regional.

“Who has won the most national championships? It’s not coach Williams or Jay (Wright, Villanova) or me. It’s the guy we’re coaching against tomorrow. Ray Harper has won the most. He’s terrific (two titles in NAIA; two in Div. II),” Self said.

Colorful Rebel

Ole Miss junior guard Marshall Henderson, who screams at opposing fans during games, entertained the media Thursday. He’ll be playing against Wisconsin today.

“I’m trying to get paid here soon, because I’m tired of doing all this stuff for free,” Henderson said. “This is where you make your money: The NCAA Tournament is where you make a name for yourself. You can go down in history.

“You’ve got to do it for the team. You’ve got to win. All you do is win,” Henderson said. “Every team that makes the Final Four, every single player on their team is making money somewhere in the world.”

— The Journal-World’s Jesse Newell contributed to this report.

Comments

bradynsdad 1 year, 5 months ago

If I were there I would personally clap and yell as loud as I could for Roy and UNC. He is a great coach that still loves KU. Idiotic to still be mad at him. He is a good guy and we should respect him. I would love a Home and Home series with them even though it won't ever happen.

nwk_jayhawk74 1 year, 5 months ago

No problemhere, most KU fans really like Roy. I still a problem with KU being #1 for Roy while he was here if the recruiting for our program was limited to west of the Mississippi river. Roy seems to be able to recruit the eastern part now while at UNC? It's over, I like Roy but am very thrilled to have Self!

jhox 1 year, 5 months ago

I'll be clapping for him. He did great things at KU. It would be tougher if the guy that replaced him wasn't any good, but he's even better. Roy did us a favor by being a great coach at KU and an even bigger favor by leaving, and opening the door for Bill Self. It's all good.

Jesse Johnson 1 year, 5 months ago

I think the media needs to stop speaking for us the fans. I have no animosity towards Roy for leaving anymore and from what I've seen on these message boards neither do most other fans (I think we all agree that Bill Self is better anyway). Considering nobody booed him out 5,000 fans, mostly KU fans I think it's safe to say the animosity has diminished.,

Jesse Johnson 1 year, 5 months ago

I find this so annoying:

Kansas-North Carolina, South Region, Round of 32. Are you already a little tired of the storyline? I am. I guarantee Roy Williams is. But it is here to stay, at least until one of the two teams loses, preferably to each other. This weekend, Williams and his Tar Heels will return to Kansas City to take on Villanova. If they win, they'll face Kansas, and you can expect every Jayhawks fan in attendance to loudly voice their distaste. Maybe Williams can placate them with a Kansas sticker? Wait, he already tried that. Shoot. Oh, I’ve got it: What if he puts on the Big Jay mascot costume and makes a Harlem Shake video? Are we at least getting warmer?

-Eamonn Brennan on ESPN.com a couple days ago

Seriously? Every Jayhawks fan? So stupid.

cklarock 1 year, 5 months ago

Wait, are you implying that most basketball pundits don't know what they're talking about? It's like he just wrote 100+ words rehashing a six-year-old cliche to fill up space! I'm shocked!

There was a lot of bitterness when Coach Williams left, but the fan consensus is that our current guy is even better. Since Coach Williams has had fantastic success at his alma mater, how can it be anything other than a win-win?

Like a lot of my Ex's, I missed him when he left, but I'm glad he's gone.

labbadabba 1 year, 5 months ago

I'll clap and cheer for Roy but I'll be darned if I'm ever going to cheer for UNC.

Robert Murphy 1 year, 5 months ago

UNC is our farm team. We want them to succeed because we sent Dean Smith over there to get them going and when Roy had learned enough we sent him back to help out. Williams is a great coach and he deserves respect and if I may say so great admiration as he did a great job a KU.

nostradavid 1 year, 5 months ago

Greg works on radio, so nobody knows how old he looks. I think he still looks like a kid when I see him. He just doesn't have Roy's golf tan.

Hooray for the Shockers. They looked great against Pitt today. Dick Vitale picking them to beat Gonzo will let them dream big tonight. Also, thanks to Colorado State for beating up on Mizzery. Well done.

See you Sunday, Roy. Rock Chalk Jayhawk !

that's two thumbs up !

that's two thumbs up ! by nostradavid

Dirk Medema 1 year, 5 months ago

2 straight first round whiffs is great. Almost as good as uk's fall from grace.

jhox 1 year, 5 months ago

Actually, I believe it's 3 first round whiffs.

yates33333 1 year, 5 months ago

Now if K-State, better recognized as Silo Tech, and KU, better known as the Harvard of the West, will win it will be a perfect weekend almost. Hated to see Okie State lose. Maybe the Pac 10 is better than the NCAA gurus think. Cal beat UNLV.

God is great. Evidence. Kenturky and Missery both lost.

jaybate 1 year, 5 months ago

Having worked with and against a number of Harvard grads over the years, I prefer Harvard is the KU of Massachusetts.

But I'm okay either way, Yates. :-)

nostradavid 1 year, 5 months ago

Back in the day, we were Berkley on the Plains, or the Hash Capitol of the Midwest. Can you grok the eight-circuit model of consciousness?

I can dig it !

I can dig it ! by nostradavid

jaybate 1 year, 5 months ago

• Roy worked his tail off for KU...west of the Mississippi.

• News to make Ole Miss junior guard Marshall Henderson really scream! KC's H&R Block on who makes the money in college basketball and what players are worth. http://blocktalk.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/FinalFour_960_v2.jpg

• Headline for Chita State upset of Zags: GONE-ZAGA GETS SHOCKED!

• Okie State got a raw deal playing Oregon first round, but then blew up inexplicably. Smart sucked and Cobbins was not Cobbins. Oregon's Okie Baller coach Dana Altman maybe got an unofficial scout from Okie Ballers that have played Ford's Cowboys? How much longer can Ford-not-a-Lincoln last in Stillwater? If he can't take care of business with Smart...

•C.B. McGrath ten years later still apologizing for Roy does not become C.B.

• Don't boo Roy unless you see him out recruiting in KC.

• KU's Roy Hobbs aka Kevin Young is due for at least one miracle moment in this tournament. Should come in the National Finals I reckon.

• Remember, the four seniors have all played in a national final just last season. This is worth 5 points a game all by itself.

Ben Kane 1 year, 5 months ago

media underestimates our seniors. not only do they have last year but vcu loss as well.

jaybate 1 year, 5 months ago

ah, chuck, you're alias is always a pick-me-up. I get to read what you have to say and I get to be reminded of the brown eyed handsome man.

Ben Kane 1 year, 5 months ago

Well, early in the mornin' I'm a-givin' you a warnin' Don't you step on my blue suede hawks. Hey diddle diddle, I am playin' my fiddle, ain't nothing but rockchalk Roll Over Beethoven and tell WKU the news.

EJ gonna lead us. ben is gonna wow you travis, young, and withey plus the boys on the bench too

Roll Over Beethoven, Roll Over Beethoven, Roll Over Beethoven, Roll Over Beethoven, Roll Over Beethoven, dig these jayhawk dudes.

REHawk 1 year, 5 months ago

GONE-ZAGA GETS SHOCKED! Hard to top that headline. If the Shockers should pull that off, West Central Kansas will howl for future scheduling with the Jayhawks.

jaybate 1 year, 5 months ago

Ah, Coach,

You who have walked the talk in the 'Ta know the basketball blood of that out of the way region of this vast, great land of America better than all the rest of us. As for me, I have a deep love of the Wichita State and the Round House that I am rarely able to share lately, because it seems their politician has poisoned the well with state-sponsored nonsense that requires my satiric side as antidote.

I am so glad the Shocker boys put it to those guys and reminded the maniacs of March that Kansas is a bellweather state in basketball still.

As I have said before: Ralph Miller's Dave Stallworth-Nate Bowman team is part of my pantheon of great teams. It was the only time I loved another college basketball team more than the Hawks in any season of my lifetime. Miller was and remains the only KU man dominated by Haskins/Sutton/Hartman generation that matched those three for brilliance and would have most certainly, had he been allowed to coach at KU, beaten the tar out of all of them with the kinds of players he would have been able to attract at KU. Wichita State, to my eternal respect and appreciation, gave Miller the chance to coach the running game that KU left behind under Harp and then Owens.

Miller was an iconoclastic genius, not by choice, but because his alma mater would never take him back. We shunted him into his wander through the college basketball wilderness. And he was never duly appreciated, because of it. He was such a stud he wanted to go out to the Pac 8 and coach against Wooden. Not many did once the Wizard got on his roll. But Wooden retired before Ralph could really get his ducks lined up and get it on with Wooden on equal footing. He did much good at Oregon State, but he couldn't find the race horses up there in the pine foothills of coastal ranger Corvallis, and so he pulled in his horns a bit too much for my taste.

But it was that team of players at the 'Ta that I loved so much. The word "Shockers" still makes me feel young again.

Dr. Robert s. Mosser 1 year, 5 months ago

Roy Williams was one of a very few(and all successful KU coaches.) KU made his career happen but at the same time he continued KU's role as the St. Andrews of college basketball. Some of the peanut heads that can't spell might boo but given the KU crowds reputation as knowledgeable basketball fans let's hope we greet Roy the way we should, with loud cheers.

I have watched KU basketball since the fall of 1939-first as a Boy Scout Usher, later as a student and then for many years as an intensive alum. I could tell you stories of KU basketball that go back to then. Not uncommonly when someone tries to pull my chain about UK or NC basketball I have to remind them that both teams play in arenas named for KU BB players.

Roy Williams and Bill Self are class guys, great coaches who did many good things around Lawrence that were not basketball and deserve our admiration and thanks

jaybate 1 year, 5 months ago

How many times do we have to go over this?

What you write is appropriate, but only after Roy retires and, so, has stopped recruiting in our backyard the way he would not do against Dean at Chapel Hole.

Only saps act with loyalty and allegiance to those that place them second, when there is recruiting talent and future competition at stake and The Legacy.

The appropriate fan behavior is either to ignore him, or taunt him like they would any opposing coach we want to beat the snot out of.

There is no room for divided loyalty. There is no room for giving Roy the rope to hang us that he wouldn't give us.

There'll be time enough for kissing and praising, when his career is done.

Until then, its still the same old story, a fight for love and glory, a case of do or die, and the fundamental things apply as time goes by.

You gotta choose up sides, Louie.

Roy did.

Roy always will.

cklarock 1 year, 5 months ago

I agree re: recruiting, but there's a difference between loyalty and appreciation. While he was here, he was very good for the program, and now we have a better coach. What's there to be bitter about?

We should all applaud him politely, because we appreciate his role in the history of our great program. If I see him on the street, I'll shake his hand and say "thanks."

chriz 1 year, 5 months ago

Jaybate, read my post a little further down. When I try to compare it to the marketplace, it makes sense to appreciate him. It could be easily seen as unfair, but I don't see a problem with appreciating him. Maybe we're just talking semantics here...

jaybate 1 year, 5 months ago

Look gang, if kissing his u know what would keep him from signing recruits we need, I would gladly do it.

I love him, but not now.

hawkfan4life 1 year, 5 months ago

Had a lot of resentment when Roy left because it hurt a lot. But, time and coach Self whooping on him a couple of times has eliminated all of that.

I will forever be grateful to Roy for one thing that he accomplished this year though. He got that clown Hubert Davis off of NCAA broadcasts by putting him on his coaching staff. It has been a really nice blessing not to hear that blabbering fool calling games this year!!

At the end of the day, I have a lot of respect for Roy. He's a good guy.

RJ King 1 year, 5 months ago

Please fans in the stands, if you really buy into the F.O.E. thing, then you can appreciate why Roy left. Loyalty, integrity, it's all there. Roy meant what he said, when he said it. What more do we want??? Let's appreciate him now - we're being handed the opportunity.

On another note, wow - 2 years in a row - such likeable teams! Representing everything special about college ball.

s6u6r6f 1 year, 5 months ago

Roy was family for 15 years. He's family still. He kept us elite. The world is not zero sum.

And Missouri. Bwah hah hah hah hah. Rock chalk.

KULA 1 year, 5 months ago

And Missouri is...out again. Thanks for playing.

nuleafjhawk 1 year, 5 months ago

Stupid Roy.

I've wanted to hate him ever since he left - but I just can't. He's a class act.

Martin Rosenblum 1 year, 5 months ago

I heard that Kevin Young found his Rubik's Cube while picking out his 'fro. Anybody else hear that?

jaybate 1 year, 5 months ago

Depending on the size of the cube, an Afro can be an ideal nesting place for a cube.

KEITHMILES05 1 year, 5 months ago

I enjoyed Roy's comment buts CB needs to STFU and let it be. It's none of his business to be preaching to KU fans. Just play ball.

Phoggy_Notion 1 year, 5 months ago

Was thinking the exact same thing while reading CB's comments.

Ozfan67 1 year, 5 months ago

Roy took KU on a wild ( and mostly enjoyable ride) and I have no doubt he put his heart and soul into the program. But so did the fans who spent their time, money, and hearts into supporting KU basketball ( most of us, no matter how successful, don't have the same means 'ol Roy' did either).

I don't resent Roy just for leaving. I resent him being involved in the process to fly the coupe when he FINALLY was in a position to deliver the National Championship to us. Nobody will ever be able to convince me that did not impact the team or game one way or another. The National Championship payoff was a long time coming, and Roy was busy looking out for Roy IMO. You were torn ? Your heart was broken ? Think about those of us whose heart is equally into the program who waited 2 decades between Championships. Seriously, thank the Good Lord for Bill Self.

Roy - we admired and supported you and you left. This idea that you can bail and still be welcome home doesn't fly in my book of ethics and it never will. I was was a Jayhawk fan a decade before you came to Lawrence and will be one decades after you left. And I'm not talking about a 'second favorite team' either. Sorry, but you are not still family. Don't wish ill on you other than a major smack down on Sunday (if you make it that far) and many more to come.

No cheers from this fan.

RJ King 1 year, 5 months ago

Blame Carolina for reaching out to him at that time. I have a feeling Roy really was focused on that current KU group and the remainder of the tournament. I agree that the distraction might have cost us. But Carolina instigated the dialogue, not Roy. A total lack of class on their part, but to them - it was business as usual.

I'm sure Roy was torn. He gave the Kansas team and fans his all for 15 years. How do you know that your hurt was greater than his?

I was a KU fan for four decades before he left. I thank the Good Lord for family ties and the tug of a home state. It will be interesting to see if you still feel the same way about Roy when you're nearly 60 years old.

chriz 1 year, 5 months ago

What are we to make of Roy not coaching against Dean but, once he's gone, recruiting against Kansas? I'm personally fine with it. If I get a job at a firm because of help from a colleague from another firm, there's too much business out there to try to steal clients from someone who helped you get the job in the first place.

Now once that guy leaves the business, then it's free market again, regardless of where I work. So even though Roy didn't recruit against Dean but will recruit against “us”, I'm fine with it. I get it.

Tony Bandle 1 year, 5 months ago

It took almost ten years, but after Roy's glowing endorsement of Kansas on ESPN's show about "The Rules", I turned my Roy Williams bobblehead doll I that had put in a KU glass upside down the day after he left, right-side up again.

Regarding Missouri, I have a Mizzou trash can with pictures of Norm Stewart and Jason Sutherland taped on the bottom. I will NEVER change that!! I dump trash on Misery every single day!!!!

REHawk 1 year, 5 months ago

Oak, you might have clocked a small fortune producing those trash cans to sell at Big 12 venues. Heck, I bet you could have peddled 16,000 of them in Lawrence.

Sam Constance 1 year, 5 months ago

Glad to hear the fans at the Sprint Center reacted EXACTLY HOW I EXPECTED THE VAST MAJORITY OF KANSAS FANS TO REACT to Roy Williams' return.

In spite of the "journalists" over in Bristol insisting at every turn that KU fans were going to go off on Williams after 10 years of the two parties going separate ways and having success in their own rights, I knew that the fans who still hold a grudge against Roy are in the minority. If this story is to be believed, they are in the EXTREME minority.

Unfortunately, I doubt we'll see a story on ESPN.com about how gracious and appreciative KU fans are of everything Roy did for the Kansas Basketball program for 15 years. And that (along with many other reasons) is why ESPN is a f*** joke. It seems like they are even starting to get to Jay Bilas. I've always considered him to be a pretty reasonable and astute analyst, but the quality of his work seems to have been slipping this year. Usually, he would be the guy to speak out against the obsession everyone else at ESPN had over that single call in the Iowa State game, but I don't remember him doing anything at all to try and inject reason into the discussion. I fully expected him to point out that giving more weight to calls at the end of the game is a perceptional fallacy, but nope. Nothing.

Anyways, I'm rambling at this point. I'm glad KU fans did the right thing.

cklarock 1 year, 5 months ago

You said it. ESPN is a joke. Jay Bilas is starting to go down the Dick Vitale route and grow into a caricature of himself. Fame is poison to the soul.

Ethan Berger 1 year, 5 months ago

I have no idea what you are talking about. Jay Bilas is nothing like Dicky V. Jay is far more arrogant but also knows way more. Jay is the best analyst in college basketball. It is not even close.

Ben Kane 1 year, 5 months ago

I'm done with this roy stuff, we've been through it twice already.

we will treat them like any other foe we meet in kansas city and send them home to prepare for next season.

jaybate 1 year, 5 months ago

Yes:-), Chuck, the only real issue is: do we anticipate and send him some Kleenex.

Sam Constance 1 year, 5 months ago

Note to KUsports.com staff:

I could go without seeing another word written about the dbag who plays for Ole Miss. He is not interesting, he is not compelling. He is just a jack*** who thinks more highly of himself than he deserves to, and acts like a complete piece of trash on the basketball court.

It annoys me that he doesn't get T'd up for his antics, and I'm waiting for the day some college kid rushes down out of the stands and clocks him in the face for taunting.

jooz 1 year, 5 months ago

Just what I was about to second, so I say Motion Carried. I saw a player get a Technical on the court the other evening and what he did sure didn't deserve it! How can this guy be so blatant and not get called out?

jayhawkab 1 year, 5 months ago

I am glad Roy Williams has his National Championships for all the hard work he has put into basketball he deserves it and I wish him all the success in the world except when he plays the best program on earth THE KANSAS JAYHAWKS!!. I agree most Kansas fans are over Roy except my 19 yr old son he gets mad when I cheer for Roy he thinks I am a closet North Carolina fan. LOL!!

DrPepper 1 year, 5 months ago

Now that the cheers have been confirmed, can we quit discussing Roy and fans and cheers. So old. So nothing. If anything, McGrath's comments come off as really annoying.

jayhawkinATL 1 year, 5 months ago

Marshall Henderson is such a joke. Anyone can score 20 points if you let them jack up 40 shots. He reminds me of Allen Iverson...except not as good.

machinegun 1 year, 5 months ago

Yes-that's the rub with Ol' Roy. He was already in the process of bailing out on KU while we were trying to win the National Championship. And we lost that National Championship game because everyone, including our players, knew it was Roy's last game at KU. That is exactly what happened.

We had been through Roy's passion play before when Dean Smith retired (I'm stayin') only this time we knew it was finally over. We put up with Roy's napoleon complex during his time at KU and nobody appreciated his comments about the "wine and cheese" crowd. But this time it was different. His 15 years of service at KU was not the issue. The issue was that he allowed Dean Smith and ESPN and CBS and every sports outlet in the world to distract his team while they were trying to win the National Championship. And KU lost and he immediately jumped on that plane.

When Roy retires, honor him just like other former coaches such as Ted Owens, Larry Brown, etc. No need to boo him on Sunday. Just treat him like any other coach. Treat North Carolina just like any other opponent we want to beat.

Phoggy_Notion 1 year, 5 months ago

your 1st paragraph.....forehead into palm

brooksmd 1 year, 5 months ago

We lost that NC game because Collison went cold at the FT line. Plain and simple.

Phoggy_Notion 1 year, 5 months ago

Take care of business tonight AND THEN we can start discussing Roy

jayhawkinATL 1 year, 5 months ago

Maybe even Jay. Nova is obviously VERY capable after having a stretch run over Syracuse, L'ville, and G'town.

Andrew Phillips 1 year, 5 months ago

Yeah we should cheer modestly for Roy when we aren't playing against him. And yeah if we see him at the airport we should probably say thanks for being a great coach. Its not like he left to go coach in the NBA or coach for UK, he left to coach at his alma mater for goodness sakes! If he hadn't eventually taken a turn at his alma mater I would consider that being a traitor. Rock Chalk and yes I 2nd the notion that Mizzou sucks. All hail The Hawk.

Kyle Sybesma 1 year, 5 months ago

I hope we get to play UNC. The last two times we beat them we went to the national championship game.

Joe Ross 1 year, 5 months ago

Cheer for Roy when they play against 'Nova. Cheer for Self when we play against UNC.