Monday, March 18, 2013

Former Hilltopper Townsend to scout WKU for Jayhawks

Kansas assistant coach Kurtis Townsend congratulates center Jeff Withey after the Jayhawks' 88-73 win over Iowa State on Friday, March 15, 2013 at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri.

Kansas University basketball coach Bill Self had his players’ full attention as he delivered his first scouting report on Western Kentucky on Sunday in Allen Fieldhouse.

“I said, ‘Hey, this is Western Kentucky. This is their record (20-15). This is the league they play in (Sun Belt) and everybody knows their all-time greatest player to ever play there,” Self said Monday.

“They said, ‘Who is it?’ I said, ‘Coach Townsend,’ and everybody started laughing because I don’t think Kurt was by any stretch,” Self added of ninth-year KU assistant Kurtis Townsend, a former Hilltopper point guard who graduated from WKU in 1982.

Townsend is in charge of the scouting report for Friday’s 8:50 p.m. second-round NCAA Tournament game between KU and WKU in Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo.

“He did love his time there and he does love his alma mater, but he won’t have as much love for them this week I don’t think,” Self added.

Indeed, Townsend made it clear where his allegiance rests when asked Monday if he has mixed emotions entering the match-up.

“No, no, no, no, no, no, nope, nope,” Townsend said, laughing. “I’ve been here nine years. I love that place and got my degree from there. There are a lot of great memories, but no, no,” he added. “I think it’ll be fun,” he added of the game. “I know how much they care about basketball. It’ll be really fun.”

Townsend played for Gene Keady at Western Kentucky, which is located in Bowling Green. Keady is best known for his years many years coaching at Purdue.

“It’s like most places in Kentucky where basketball is really big. I played for Gene Keady there and Clem Haskins,” Townsend said of the former WKU assistant coach and head coach who played nine years in the NBA.

“For me, I was a juco kid (out of Menlo, Calif., Junior College). It was two really great years. I met my wife there. It’s kind of a special place for me.”

Townsend helped WKU to the 1980 Ohio Valley Conference title and an NCAA Tournament bid where WKU lost to Virginia Tech in double overtime in the first round.

“The first round was at our place, at home,” Townsend said. “Kentucky was there. Indiana was there. That’s when they used to keep teams local. We hosted it and probably should have won and got a chance to play Indiana when Isiah Thomas was a freshman. But we lost in double overtime,” added Townsend, who recalled averaging 10 points and three assists a game as a junior starter before tearing his ACL and averaging five points a game his senior year in a reserve role.

“In Bowling Green, Ky., we’re the only game in town. The people support the program and they’ve got a great history and tradition of basketball there going back to Jim McDaniels (former NBA player who played at WKU from 1968 to ‘71) and Clem Haskins (1964-67). E.A. Diddle (1922-64) was a famous coach. When I was there we were in the top 10 in all-time wins. I’m not sure where they are now (17th).”

The Hilltoppers have been outstanding in recent years, as well.

“They won their conference tournament four of the last six years including this one, so they are always in there,” Townsend said. “I think the year we won it, in 2008, they got to the Sweet 16.”

Townsend has put his Western Kentucky degree to good use.

“I studied ‘recreation’ and got my degree in that. Like most kids when they were my age, I was thinking I’d go on and play pro ball,” he said. “I probably didn’t take it as serious as I needed to. It’s a great place. I’m glad I went to school there and met a lot of people influential in my life. Coach Haskins treated me like a member of his family and coach Keady. It was good for me.”

Roy looms in third round: The winner of the KU-Western Kentucky game will meet the winner of North Carolina-Villanova on Sunday in the third round. UNC, of course, is coached by Roy Williams, who was Self’s predecessor at KU.

Self was asked Monday about the possible “Roy vs. KU” match-up maybe being a distraction.

“I would say it is a potential distraction but we won’t allow it to be,” Self said on the Big 12 teleconference. “It certainly won’t be a distraction to our players at all. None of them were around 10 years ago. Some of them were in fourth, fifth grade. It doesn’t mean anything to our guys for sure. It will not even be brought up. It will not be a distraction for me. It will not change preparation.

“If we are fortunate enough to advance and they are fortunate enough to advance and we hook up against each other we are going to have two good teams with unbelievable history and tradition going against each other,” Self added. “That will be the focus as opposed to the ex-coach at KU. I don’t see that being a factor any longer.”

KU beat Williams’ Tar Heels in the 2008 Final Four and 2012 regional finals.

Tape aplenty: Self has plenty of tape on Western Kentucky.

“It used to be (years ago) there was ‘Hoops Video’ (company) where you’d go get tapes. If they could get them on airplanes by midnight Sunday night we could have them by noon the next morning or 3 the next afternoon,” Self said. “Now we’ve got it all. We can go to ‘Synergy’ and watch whatever we want to watch. Access from a scouting standpoint has become a more level field. We used to try to tape every game that was played in February and March. Whoever we played, we’d have at least two games. Now we have access to all that stuff. It’s definitely made it a lot easier.”

Big Eight rules: Seven teams from the old Big Eight have made the NCAAs. They are: KU, K-State, Missouri, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Colorado.

“I remember when we were in the Big Eight, six teams got in one year. It’s always been an unbelievable basketball area and league and it’s good to see that tradition continuing,” Self said. “It’s pretty to cool to see them all doing well,” he added, also applauding Wichita State’s making the field.

Honors: KU’s Ben McLemore and Jeff Withey were named second team USBWA All-America on Monday.

Practice times: KU will hold its open practice from 5:10 to 5:50 p.m., Thursday, in Sprint Center. Western Kentucky’s practice is 6:40 to 7:20. North Carolina’s is 4:25 to 5:05 and Kansas State’s 2:15 to 2:55.

Hats purchased: Julius Randle, a 6-9 senior forward from Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano, Texas, who is scheduled to announce his college choice at noon Wednesday on ESPNU, went shopping for hats of his four finalists Wednesday, Jason Jordan of USA Today reported. The finalists are: KU, Kentucky, Florida and Texas.

Comments

Gavin Fritton 2 years, 4 months ago

Well, we won't be getting Randle. We've never won at "hats." Not once that I can think of.

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

What hats did Perry have out there. I honestly forgot who his finalists were.

I want to say that his final three were us, Wichita State & Kentucky....is that right?

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

Then I think later in the same offseason Tony Parker did it too though, didn't he?

I think he had like 5 or 6 and then trimmed it down to like 4, maybe?

I think it was down to like Georgia, Memphis, KU or UCLA. Picked up the UCLA hat.

Jeff Kilgore 2 years, 4 months ago

Three questions for Julius:

1) How many All-Americans does it take to play in the NIT?

2) Which team has the longest NCAA tournament string?

3) Which coach will make a man out of you heading to the NBA?

brooksmd 2 years, 4 months ago

Correction. How many All-Americans does it take to get bounced from the NIT in the first round by Robert Morris? Life is good!

Jack Wilson 2 years, 4 months ago

Just don't ask who is wearing the ring right now.

fearthephog512 2 years, 4 months ago

If he chooses the right hat, I'm all for it!

Rock Chalk 2 years, 4 months ago

Somebody said Jason Jordan is a Kentucky guy, too, that he went hat shopping with. Not sure that that bodes well. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

Looking forward to the tournament! Such a great time of year. Better to focus on the positive.

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

When things look a bit gloomy there's always a "Kevin Young" type to be found! :)

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

Wow! These Okie Ballers are every where! Forgot Kurtis played for Keady!

The big test of the Okie Baller Mafia is going to come when interim head coach Bruce Weber is s-canned in 3 years for never beating Self, not recruiting, and chronic hair shock!

Will the current Dean of the OBM, Bill Self, be able to add Bruce Weber to His staff in the head coach emeritus role Hinson and Sadler have held?

Could be a tall order. :-)

Maybe Self and Weber could stage a mock burial of them both.

moonlightschlademan 2 years, 4 months ago

The Hat History began with Baron Davis. Hope for Julius Randle to bring a new era for lids at KU.

Joe Baker 2 years, 4 months ago

Here's to a new era moonlight.

Cheers!

actorman 2 years, 4 months ago

Love your avatar, JayDogger. Is he yours?

waxtron 2 years, 4 months ago

It might a ruse but Randle sent out a tweet the other day that included "#FOE". It was a retweet of his bro about his decision.

nostradavid 2 years, 4 months ago

Here's a hat for JR to think about, and a tune to listen to from Dylan and Dakota.

Dakota

Dakota by nostradavid

tis4tim 2 years, 4 months ago

Looks more like quadruplets from that vantage point.

Chris1955 2 years, 4 months ago

In the 1960's didn't there used to be a road sign as you entered Kansas from Missouri on I-70 which said Kansas : Home of beautiful women? I seem to recall that Miss Kansas was a fairly regular fixture in the finals of the Miss USA pagents during that decade.

nostradavid 2 years, 4 months ago

Debra Barnes from Moran was Miss America in 1968. A banner made of letters on a cable stretched across Main Street proclaimed that for decades. You could see it when you drove by on 54 highway.

Debra Dene Barnes

Debra Dene Barnes by nostradavid

Curtis Stutz 2 years, 4 months ago

I hear Poythress is heading back to UK and Harrow might graduate and transfer. Personally I don't see why Randle would want to head to a school returning the starting 4 and 5, but maybe they expect to move Poythress to the 3, play the twins at the 1 and 2 with Young off the bench. With Wiltjer back and Lee coming in, that team is stacked with or without him. I know he'll get massive minutes/touches at KU, hopefully that tips the scales.

akgjenkintown 2 years, 4 months ago

If he is announcing this early, then I would be surprised if Randle chooses UK. Normally top rated players delay to see who is leaving early and how that will effect their playing chances, etc.. Unless UK's coach has assured him about which players are leaving early and based on this season the sum of the parts weren't very good and few will make a splash in the NBA, I can't believe UK is his selection this early. For KU it is certain that 5 starting positions will be up for grabs.

Joe Baker 2 years, 4 months ago

Coach Cal would sell his mama (rest her soul) to get a player. I don't trust the guy at all. But I really don't think Randall goes to uk. I've heard too many close to Randall's recruitment say KU is his pick at this point in time. Maybe this is the one that removes the hat trick curse on KU?

Again, you do have to allow for the sleaze factor during these ceremonial hat tricks. I'll never forget how he got Jones. Jones picked Romar and Washington, and the sleaze ball got him before he signed his LOi. I felt bad for White and Washington. Hopefully they get Aaron Gordon.

Alex Peekeaton 2 years, 4 months ago

If you listen to Jones' story, you will realize he called Calipari immediately after the ceremony and said he made a mistake. Cal didn't reach out to him. But once again, go with what sounds better!

bad_dog 2 years, 4 months ago

Honestly, in the absence of a falling out between them what would you expect him to say about the coach & program he played for? "My bad" or "Cal's bad"?

I don't know when the "story" you allude to occurred, but if it was shortly after the recruitment; again, what would you expect him to do/say?

dylans 2 years, 4 months ago

I feel like its 60-40 KU lean. Randle will play at whichever school he goes to.

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

It is? I would feel fairly certain that at the very least THREE would be set! Tharpe at the "1", Selden at the "2" & most likely P. Ellis at the "4".

The "3" & "5" are more up in the air.

"3" will PROBABLY be B. Greene unless White III impresses Self in the offseason / early going next season & the "5" will be the most uncertain battle between Lucas, Embiid or even going small w/ Traylor playing it.

Joe Baker 2 years, 4 months ago

khuff, you've opened pandora's box on some possibilities. What if Greene and Frankamp redshirted?

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

ONLY one that it might make snes MIGHT redshirt would be F. Mason.

Jeffery Barrett 2 years, 4 months ago

Re-read what you wrote........then you will realize all 5 are up for grabs.

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

all 5 up for grabs?!?!?! Seriously?!?!?!

So - you think Frankamp, F. Mason or R. Adams would unseat Tharpe as PG?!?!?!? REALLY?!?!?!?!?!?

Jeffery Barrett 2 years, 4 months ago

"Unseat"? He's not good enough this year to beat out a 2 guard as point guard.

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

I was just going to say....don't forget Darkari Johnson being the "main man" in the middle.

Curtis Stutz 2 years, 4 months ago

Yup, and Dakari, I just focused on the PF spot a little more than center since I'm guessing Randle wants to play more PF

actorman 2 years, 4 months ago

I was thinking of that too, bayjatell! Still my favorite sports movie of all time.

Ron Franklin 2 years, 4 months ago

Number 1 Seed

Number 1 Coach

Number 1 Point Guard who happens to be the #1 Prophet

Number 1 Shooting Guard who happens to be the #1 Pick

Number 1 Perimeter Defender who happens to have the #1 'Finish-Around-The-Rim

Number 1 Glue who happens to have the #1 Fro.

Number 1 Post Defender who happens to have the #1 Block Parties

Number 1 Strength & Conditioning Coach who happens to have the #1 recipe

Number 1 Tradition who happens to have the #1 inventor and #1 Father of Coaching

Number 1 Family that believes in FOE.

Brianna Zaleski 2 years, 4 months ago

Does anyone know when we would play (time and channel) on Sun? Assuming we win Friday of course. I'll be out of town and on the road Sun evening and I'd like to be able to set my DVR. Thanks for any help!

GreatJake 2 years, 4 months ago

Not sure, but think they make the annoncements late Friday after all the games end. They want to see the match ups for Sunday and decide which should be prime time etc

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

Agreed. Not predetermined, and they HAVE sc*wed us in that manner before.....late game on Fri. & then fairly early on Sun. At the VERY LEAST they shouldn't inverse switch the teams.

K-State / Wisconsin (I'm thinking that'll be the case) should be played BEFORE KU (hopefully) / 'nova or UNC. I'm suspecting will be in that VERY LAST group of games on Sun. - most likely ~ 5 CST or something.

actorman 2 years, 4 months ago

If it's KU-UNC, I think we can quite safely assume that they would want that one on close to prime time in the East. (For that matter, I guess that would probably the the case for KU-Nova too.)

FearlessJayhawk 2 years, 4 months ago

Is there anyone else that feels that Western Ky. is not a legitimate 16 seed? Normally, a 16 seed is from a school you never heard of like Brooklyn of Long Island. I remember KU lost to Western KY back in the 70's in the third place game of the NCAA tournament. They had an All-American and I can't remember his name. Somebody better tell Bill Self to watch out for this team. They beat Kentucky earlier this year.

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 4 months ago

News flash for you. Western Kentucky did not play or beat Kentucky this year...and the 70's (when Western Kentucky was relevant) were 40 years ago.

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

Yeah, I was surprised to see it. Too big of a conference. I mean the champion of it (Middle Tennessee) STILL got in as an at-large!!!!

I think they only made them a 16 as they were 16-15 before winning the 4 in a row to make it in (their only chance)....having said that - like their coach said, they were missing their starting backcourt for a good stretch of like a dozen games +. TYPICALLY you see WKU when they DO make it as like a 14.....not a 16.

I HONESTLY thought that they'd've given WKU to Gonzaga.

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

Anyone know if Synergy offers a digital video algorithm that takes wide shot game video and isolates and tracks an individual player on the screen first in close up, then converts that into a simulated defensive (or offensive) player's POV?

This would be a great way to let your defensive players study the habits of their opponents.

Generate a first person defensive POV of each opposing player. The rotation players each watch and study their own man. They might watch the simulation video on wall pro sections, or on big screens turned to verticle perspective.

At the same time, the scout team coach trains the scout team members using the same video simulations to simulate the tendencies of the offensive opponent.

Then the scout team member simulates the opponent's tendencies more accurately and the rotation player gets to practice for the tendencies in reality.

The goal of the video simulation is for the player to "see" an inventory of tendencies and get used to the speed of the speed of the opponent.

The computer processing power and resources are there to do this now in the cloud.

Ryan Michael 2 years, 4 months ago

Sigh... Another person sold on the marketing gimmick that is "cloud".

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 4 months ago

Isn't the cloud what we had in the 60's and 70's that we called mainframes back then?

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

OMG! Please tell me you guys really do get The Cloud! This is just the most momentous step in the digital age and you guys are not getting it? I will write at length about it when time permits. We can't have Jayhawks running around being skeptical iLuddites. I understand your discouragements with it, but this thing is huuuuuuuuuuuuge beyond what has happened before in the digital age.

Al Martin 2 years, 4 months ago

We're not all Luddites. I use the cloud for a variety of things, including backup, which seems like a no brainer.

Yay, good for you!!

I was worried there for a minute.

What most folks don't seem to get yet is that a lot of things their desktops are doing are already migrating onto the cloud without their knowledge.

It's the programming challenges of massively parallel processing plus institutional bottlenecks that are holding things up as usual.

As MLKing once said, "I may not get there with ya, but I want ya to know that we as people are gonna get to the promised land" of distributive computing.

Your cellphone will be a super computer in your pocket, whether you need it or not.

The latest atomic and now quantum clocks have broken the second down to such tiny increments that once th problems programming for massively parallel processing are overcome, EVERYTHING THAT ANYONE WANTS AUTOMATED IN REAL TIME WILL BE.

And I mean every thing.

The only limit is size of time increments (which seems nearly limitless in capacity for splitting) and programming at such levels of complexity and speed.

We are still in the infancy of the greatest technological paradigmn shift in human history by several orders of magnitude.

What we have seen is nothing.

And I am putting this as gently as I can for those not as comfortable as you are.

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

Oh, my, you're witty one. :-)

I just love how certain aliases read me to go neg.

I get a huge charge out of thinking of certain aliases here to recreate wading through my stuff looking for things to do the neg on.

And surprise, surprise, you're one of them. :-)

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

Thanks kDongie. Doubted that a desktop alone could do it.

So this means a firm servicing 340 odd universities should easily be able to afford such software with a little contribution from the user base.

Or KU could ask the folks that paid Gill $6M to go away to fork up for KU's priority license.

Its a next step with a huge edge.

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

I talked to friend in Hollywood and he put it this way.

He said nobs (not referring to you of course) that don't work professionally with CG say things can be done on an ordinary desktop, because if you are willing to wait 15 years of run time, it could be. But that what I am suggesting, especially on the scale and number of games and players involved, would run into incredibly complex simulation (breaking down the imagery, then reconstucting it from another point of view) would require phenomenal computer resources to achieve even modest realism.

His suggestion was to either settle for a high degree of abstraction, or just get a bunch of scout team players that were almost as good as the opposition, and tell them to "act like Mike." :-)

The guy has a great sense of humor.

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

You're not saying he is wrong, because he is substantially correct, right? :-)

Dont worry. You're still a good software developer. I will recommend you to anyone. :-)

I knew you were in a hurry and were shooting from the hip about an out of left field idea you hadn't thought through the implications of.

I am just grateful you took the time to think about it at all.

Thanks.

Paul Wilson 2 years, 4 months ago

I was going to say "what the (beep) is a Hilltopper?"....then I remembered we are the Jayhawks. Still curious. On both accounts.

741hawk 2 years, 4 months ago

The school is on a huge bluff (hill) over-looking a river.

actorman 2 years, 4 months ago

Are you saying that you don't know what a Jayhawk is, Pork_Ribs???

There's plenty of information about that all over any KU website.

Tony Bandle 2 years, 4 months ago

WOW...who needs Olivia Wilde..the Gonzalez girls are gorgeous!!

[PS On second thought, let's keep all three!!! :) ]

Tony Bandle 2 years, 4 months ago

Florida?? Texas???

I wonder if this will be the direct pick up the winning hat approach, or the process of elimination approach....or the fake out start/stop/and switch approach??

This hat thing has become wwwaayyy too complicated for me!!

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

• Look for laboring vs. WKU, then a spirited effort vs. UNC game winner, though KU's awesome talent performing un-amped and loose may separate anyway.

• Been saying this for a month now since I recognized them as a credible threat for a ring: get to a dome and start Ben, Trav, EJ and Dir practicing their treys. Dome familiarity is good for 5-10 points in any give game in a dome.

• Notice: there will be user fee added to the usual bill for jaybate leading JLostNeverWentToKU on a merry chase so that others can have civil discourse about about hoops. :-)

• Thought for the day: crop the Hilltoppers.

• Central bankers try new scam for covering up their bungling: in Crete western central bunglers er bankers will shortly confiscate 10 % of each citizens savings accounts. Nice work if you can get it. U bungle, then steal monster their money. No wonder the privately owned central banking game is to make states and citizens central bank subordinate. Note: this is real economik not politics.

• Going to be interesting to see how sore EJ's knee (s) is (are) against WKU. 3 in 3 had to be tough. And his shooting slumps and TO's have tended to track with the knee thing.

• Ben will probably be a dervish vs WKU.

• Trey shooting teams that master shoving defensive rebounders 2-3 feet toward the rim tend to have good offensive reeb stats and second shot scoring. Solution: the moment you feel the shove quarter pivot and swing the elbow high. Go for the head and throat. The offenders are using their hands to push and can't protect themselves. Its one of the great feelings in basketball to elbow someone that can't protect themselves because they are doing something illegal with their hands. Rule: make the opponent use his hands to protect himself, not push you.

• Every strategy has a counter strategy. Right JLost? :-)

• Attack where they are weak. Defend where they are strong. Surprise. Flank. Surprise. Combined modes of attack. Mask. Exhaust. Crack. Crush. Love the sting of battle more than your opponent.

• Its still the same old story a fight for love and glory a case of do or die as time goes by...

ParisHawk 2 years, 4 months ago

On Crete: whatchu talkin'bout, bro? It's a tax, not a banker's fee. And it's aimed at foreign depositors who are escaping taxes in their own countries, and / or money laundering.

Anyway, it's not going to happen.

Air ball....

ParisHawk 2 years, 4 months ago

REWIND!

I wrote Crete but was thinking Cyprus, sorry.

If you meant Crete, I know nothing about that.

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

Sorry, heard it on NPR this morning and everything on NPR is TRUE!!!! :-)

Straight financial confiscation.

Apparently has already started.

Swish!!!

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

Paris bro, I currently think you are right and I am wrong.

Crete is wrapped up in the Greece fiscal crisis, but I now think I misunderstood the NPR report, for I have searched further and found no trace of a savings acct confiscation program on on Crete.

Air ball :-)

kennethst 2 years, 4 months ago

kenneth,

Part 1

Thanks for the lob. :-)

Upfront, I didn't pay much attention to the TarHoles this year, once Roy had the Major Medical and then they went small. I didn't want to wail on him when he was down.

But...

If EJ's knee is sound, and the refs either minimize the moving screening, or let us do it too, then we will beat UNC with not much more trouble than we beat the other 4 guard motion offenses we played the second and third times we played them.

The four guard motion only works with unfamiliarity on its side. Self figure out how to beat it last season vs. MU. But the move to unlimited moving screening gives the motion offense an unfair advantage, so Self had to go back to the drawing board a bit. Remember, though that but for the 3 game funk, the unfair advantage of the 4 guard motion offense has proven increasingly easy for KU to handle.

KU is totally practiced now on 4 guard motion offenses with moving screening. KU will likely get very physical with UNC at some point I suspect, if UNC is shooting well and using the drive blocking screens pushing KU defenders down the lane to the iron, as Travis Ford used so effectively in their win over KU, and less so in the second regular season game.

The only way these 4 guard motion offenses can stay in the game is with 50% trey shooting, or 40% trey shooting and a significant offensive rebounding advantage. The only way they can get that offensive rebounding advantage is by shoving the KU defensive rebounders into the iron so the short squirts on offense can go for the long rebounds.

Part 2

Against ISU and KSU we showed that we have figured out how to partly curb that shove into the rim.

The big question Self faces is whether to get out and run with Roy's Runts.

He likes to play it anyway they want so I expect that out of the gate both teams will be running, but KU will be stepping in UNC's release lanes in a big way.

Still, I suspect Roy's boys will be too well conditioned for us to run their shooting legs out from under them, so, at the 10 minute to go mark in the second half you start taking it inside relentless every time.

I would expect to see EJ driving the lane very hard unless the UNC point guard is just a superb strip artist.

I think Kevin Young will fair extremely well on the lobs and stick backs against the dwarfs.

But at some point KU is very likely to get very physical with UNC. UNC is used to being gotten physical with by Duke, Maryland, and one or two other schools. And Self will be looking at how UNC faired against those teams that like to get down and butt heads. If those teams have been successful against Roy's Runts, then Self may even send KU out and initiate some violence just to let the UNC guys know it could happen at any minute, then holster the rough stuff and play it straight along the lines of what I have described.

I will try to get some time to look at UNC and get back to you on this.

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

Who the heck is to say that we face UNC?!?!?!?!?!

I would think there's probably a BETTER chance of us ending up facing Villanova.

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

I'd say it's 50/50, but Kenneth asked me to discuss UNC, so I did.

kennethst 2 years, 4 months ago

Excellent analysis! Remember last year's game? When UNC players admitted they had not been prepared for KU.....especially the Triangle/2 defense? (Is that the proper term?).......That was a great game. UNC looked completely baffled at the end.

@Jaybate...

Where do you see the trio of Randle, Wiggins, and Gordon going?

Who's your Final Four?

Some of us make some pretty outlandish predictions. Maybe you can show us the way...

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

One of the ways I minimize putting my foot in my mouth as you did, is I am not compelled to forecast when I have no clue, which is more of the time than not. The difference between you and me is that I know when I don't know and you apparently don't. :-)

Still, you are quite right to point out that I have come down flatly wrong from time to time. I always try to own it ASAP, because doing so keeps me real. So: when aliases like you come calling with a list of my botches I have already long since owned them.

I don't recall ever making a prediction about whether we would get someone, because I never know the unspoken, unwritten bidding process that goes on down the stretch after all the visits are made. I only know that back in 1990, when Murray Sperber wrote College Sports Inc. he quoted Bobby Knight as saying top players were paid about $150K over their time at a college.

Until someone gives me some data on what KU can afford to bid, and on what other programs tend to bid, I can't really hazard an informed forecast.

The only thing we have to go on is that in past years KU has lost out on almost all of the 5star big men it has pursued, which suggests to me KU may not be a competitive bidder for reasons I do not understand.

We also know that Self's OADs/5 star types have either been guys rebounding from corrupt programs that appeared to need a clean place to land, or young guys of incredible moral character that have learned young the risks of exploiting the system. I'm thinking here of Ben Mac who's older brother is in prison. EJ seems an exceptionally insightful young man too. Other than that, Self has mostly been getting by without 5 stars and OADs.

With that little of data I really can't predict much, because I don't know Randle's character, or Wiggins, and I frankly have no next to nothing of Gordon at all.

I have never tried to pick a final four either.

But because I know you mean me well, I will try just for you. :-)

Just kidding. :-)

Joe Ross 2 years, 4 months ago

Youre a loser. And a chicken. And a poser.

Make a prediction. Unless all you do is criticize others that do.

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

Wow, are you easy to get to.

Did the army fail to toughen you, or did they wash you out?

Get better.

Joe Baker 2 years, 4 months ago

Dave Telep is beginning to reach moronic proportions as a so-called recruiting expert. He had Randle as "watch out for KU."

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

The late season / postseason developments of P. Ellis are encouraging.

I also think people are going to be excited by Lucas next season. I could see us missing Releford's D on the wing the most next season potentially.

ParisHawk 2 years, 4 months ago

Anybody have access to this?

If so, how about a quick resume for the rest of us?

P.S. Just saw this on Twitter:

‏@CollegeHoopHits 4 of 6 ESPN Insider "experts" pick Kansas as the choice for Julius Randle as of Tuesday morning. 26 hours and counting....

Ron Franklin 2 years, 4 months ago

Post Script is a concise recap of the insider article.

Joe Baker 2 years, 4 months ago

The ESPN prognosticators are milking this and making money by putting their opinions and guesses on ESPN Insider pieces. They are getting desperate and taking advantage of desperate fans with insane curiosity. They want you to go and read what you'll find out tomorrow! Wow, anything to make a buck. They must each get a portion or all of the Insider income from people that subscribe. Go to ESPN and look at how many have Insider access on Randall's recruiting and pick predictions. Randall makes nothing from their exploiting him on the ESPN site.

jgkojak 2 years, 4 months ago

His parents went to Florida - so I have a feeling that's where he's leaning.

After KY's year (i.e. no guarantee you'll play in the tourney every year, ha!) he'd be a fool to pick them or Texas.

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 4 months ago

Are you thinking of Wiggins whose parents went to Florida State?

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

I'm still thinking that Wiggins goes to UNC.

Now while I'm not predicting us to get to Wiggins, personality-wise....I just CAN'T see him fitting in Lexington!!!

soapisurfriend 2 years, 4 months ago

Although I'll be disappointed if Randle doesn't pick Kansas (I think he does), I don't like this Jason Jordan guy posting pics of him buying the hats and buying a suit for his announcement from Burberry. This just leads to people assuming he had already been paid for his services.

kennethst 2 years, 4 months ago

So......I tell my 3 year old daughter that KU is playing a team called the "Hilltoppers".....She giggled and said "That's silly"........This while she is sitting at her play table trying to pull on the buckled,gold shoe of her stuffed Baby Jayhawk.

Some irony there....but I just let it go and agreed with her. You have to love mascots.....especially Jayhawks

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

Holy cow, kenneth, you've got a smart one there.

Alright, now the bad news. You have to give up the scotch at least until she uncorks her first research breakthrough. The latest research says even modest amounts of alcohol consumption trigger increased risk of cancer. :-(

So: we both have a problem here. I am not able to drink my beloved scotches due to blood sugar issues--not quite a diabetic and don't want to become one.

You on the other hand no doubt have a proper Scottish constitution and can properly process your nectar of the gods, but now you have a star child and so you must forego the various Glenn's etc., so that her brilliant mind is free from worrying about daddy and jaybate making early visits to M. D. Anderson for bad news. We must preserve her stable family life as a launch pad for the intellect. I promise not to take another drop until her first Nobel. Are you with me?

kennethst 2 years, 4 months ago

Excellent, sir!! Yes.....no worries. Everything in moderation. Honestly.....I only drink about 1-2 times per week......and then only 1-2 drinks at a time at most.....so I should be ok. I think moderate alchohol is actually somewhat good for you......but it's when you exceed that "moderate" level.....you are asking for it. Besides.....I notice as i GET OLDER IT REALLY JUST PUTS ME TO SLEEP AFTER ABOUT 45 MINUTES.

Joe Baker 2 years, 4 months ago

If you read articles, it's interesting that uk is a fav to grab Gordon, Randall, and "possibly" Wiggins. This is possible, but really or highly unlikely. The point is, these stupid writers are so in love with a team and coach that failed to defend their title, they can't see straight. They are in total denial about uk. They are nothing. Their coach was unable to turn their season around. He can't coach. A good coach would've brought his team together and turned their season around. I don't think uk gets Gordon, Randall, and Wiggins. I hope Gordon goes to Washington. I think KU is still leading for Randall, and Wiggins is either UNC, FLSt, or KU. I'll be shocked if uk lands any of these guys. I'll be tripled shocked if they land 2-3 of these recruits. Cal would have to transfer or yank scholarships, push people out. Harrow is already looking to transfer?
I just don't get the media's love affair with a program that won a NC last year and failed this year. I'm convinced they have no idea what they're talking about. But apparently, they can't pull their heads out of uk's butt to see reality.

ParisHawk 2 years, 4 months ago

Maybe they are seeing reality, in the form of dollar signs.

I'm intrigued by the enormous quantity of UK fan sites / blogs, etc. They are filling the Internet with their assertions. Are folks being paid to shill?

Joe Baker 2 years, 4 months ago

Even Randall himself said, "Unless you're part of my family (biological), don't listen to the rumors." I think uk is freakin' desperate right now and will do/say anything to stir the rumor mills in their favor.

I really think Randall will wear the KU cap tomorrow.

Rock Chalk GO Randall Pick KU

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

I think he succumbs to the pressure and goes to UK.

Alex Peekeaton 2 years, 4 months ago

truehawk93...your information is so inaccurate it's laughable. First of all, Gordon isn't going to UK and every article out there has him down to Arizona & Washington with Oregon as an outside shot. Of the 3 recruits, UK probably has a better shot at landing Wiggins than Randle. Wiggins has no timetable for his decision and will wait to see who is going pro (namely Alex Poythress). If FSU was his choice, no need to wait for a decision. If KU was his choice, no need to wait. If UNC was his choice, no need to wait. Now if Randle selects UK tomorrow, would that affect Wiggins' choice? Wiggins says it wont, but who knows for sure. Scholarships at UK won't be a problem unless everyone stays which isn't happening. Poythress and Goodwin are gone. Noel will decide in the next month depending on his prognosis. Cauley-Stein is currently at ~15th in Chad Ford's mock draft, so he could be gone. UK doesn't need Randle, KU is desperate for him. Randle was asked if he could choose one player to play with next year, who who that be? His answer was Andrew Harrison. Randle is going to start for either team next year, so his decision is down to: Do you want to be a part of the greatest recruiting class of all time and preseason favorite to win the National Championship? or be the main focus on a team that will lose all 5 starters this year?

Joe Baker 2 years, 4 months ago

I'm laughing at my "info" right now, because I have no accurate info.

One conclusion from your post: Anything is possible?

I'm glad you appreciate my humorous info. Enjoy.

Alex Peekeaton 2 years, 4 months ago

Absolutely anything is possible. Randle is down to UK and KU. Wiggins is waiting. UK wants Wiggins more than Randle cuz of the bigs that will playing next year. Nothing surprises me anymore when an eighteen year old kid goes in front of national tv to make an announcement.

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

Wiggins is so quiet, reserved - not a twitter-aholic. Honestly, seems pretty smart & level-headed. Also, many have said a bit on the sensitive side. And due to J. Parker's father a rivalry that wasn't there ensued.

You factor all of that in and UNC seems like the all too logical place to see Wiggins wind up at.

Tony Bandle 2 years, 4 months ago

Last time I looked, Kansas will play in the state of Texas four times and UK doesn't.

Also, drive mileage from Plano, TX to Lawrence, KS = 516 miles....to Lexington, KY = 880 miles.

We have Dakota and Dylan...and UK doesn't.

Alex Peekeaton 2 years, 4 months ago

Actually UK is playing Baylor at Cowboys Stadium in Dallas next year.

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

And I would assume due to play at A&M too.

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

Well, in regards to your last question.....worked pretty well for Tho. Robinson. I think Taylor was the only returning & even then part-time starter, wasn't he?

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 4 months ago

Huge damage control by the UK propaganda machine to lessen the blow of missing the Dance. UK desperately needs Randle to keep believing that another "perfect storm of one-and-done" ala last year can bring another championship, since this year has demonstrated that freshmen lead teams, more often than not, do not do well.

Joe Baker 2 years, 4 months ago

Not according to BBall, he doesn't think uk is desperate for Randall. I find that laughable.

Alex Peekeaton 2 years, 4 months ago

Laughable - UK currently has Wiltjer, Marcus Lee, Dakari Johnson, Cauley-Stein, and Nerlens Noel currently at the #4 & #5 positions - that is 4 McDonalds All-Americans and Cauley-Stein is a projected top ~15 pick in 2013 NBA draft!

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

I don't see UK being desperate for Randle. ALready stocked at the "4" with Marcus Lee, Wiltjer in a pinch if Lee were to get hurt or something. Dakari Johnson at the "5" and not a given that Cauley-Stein'll be a OAD. Currently JUST OUT of the lottery. Could see him stick around to try to get to the lottery or top 10 even. In other words, even if Julius Randle will start there as others have said he'd start anywhere. He'd still have more "others" cutting into his playing time.

Joe Baker 2 years, 4 months ago

I have no idea why my spelling went from Randle to Randall, oh well.

741hawk 2 years, 4 months ago

You don't think Cal would pull scholarships? In a minute. (He has, he will, and he's already told some players, I suspect). That is what is SO wrong about the NCAA rule that was changed 25? years ago. Kid makes a commitment to the school, but the school only has to commit a one-year, renewable scholarship. Seems to me that once a player commits to a school (and fulfills the school's requirements for participation), he should have a four-year scholarship. That would be a case where the NCAA was looking out for the interests of the player instead of the school.

Steve Gantz 2 years, 4 months ago

Sports Retort, an otherwise excellent podcast from the Wall St. Journal, had 5 guys doing their regions last night. 3 picked Florida, 2 picked GTown. Yahoo story today on the odds of 10 potential tourney winners, why they might win, why they might lose. Interesting in that story our odds are 10-1, while 3rd seeded Florida's are 7-1. Not sure why nationally Florida's considered a safer bet than KU.
As far as Randle, why not KU? An NIT team like Kentucky, and not even a top NIT seed, or a team that has been the top seed numerous times over the years.

ParisHawk 2 years, 4 months ago

Kenpom calculates Florida has the best chance to win it all, odds are 1 in 5. In the ratings, Florida is top 5 in both offense and defense.

We are 1 in 24, Georgetown 1 in 49.

National perception of KU is we can have bad days and McLemore can't put a team on his back.

lurkerhawk 2 years, 4 months ago

We haven't relied on a player to not put the team on his back since the 2008 tournament.. oh wait..

Joe Baker 2 years, 4 months ago

Anything is possible Paris, anything. This is a crazy time of year. It seems the impossible happens during March Madness.

I love it.

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 4 months ago

KenPom methodology does not favor KU. Look at what other true math analyst such as Sagarin and Massey are doing and you will see their approach always has KU ranked higher than Pomeroy does.
Pomeroy's biggest gimmick is the introduction of tempo into the analysis, but most of the better numbers are only available via subscription or directly to clients such as ISU.

GabrielMichael 2 years, 4 months ago

Ellis' emergence will be the fly in the ointment for this propellor heads...

Joe Ross 2 years, 4 months ago

@Jaybate...(reposted here in case my earlier post from above gets lost in the shuffle):

At this time of year in college basketball, the opportunity to make predictions abounds. With this in mind, where do you see the trio of Randle, Wiggins, and Gordon going?

Who's your Final Four?

Repost:

Wow, are you easy to get to.

Did the army fail to toughen you, or did they wash you out?

Get better.

Randle = UK, Wiggins = UNC & Gordon = U of A

Final Four for me =

Louisville / Ohio State & Kansas / Miami (FL)

Virtually the SAME FINAL FOUR AS LAST YEAR, with the lone exceptions being that Miami's in there in place of Kentucky & Ohio State's over on the other side (wouldn't meet us in a Semifinal).

Have Louisville beating us in the Championship game 76-70.

Joe Ross 2 years, 4 months ago

Glad you had the courage to jump in khuff! I filled out a bracket on ESPN. I had the same FF with the exception of Ohio State. Choosing to avoid chalk, I went completely off the map and chose Iowa State for a sleeper. I don't give them a great chance, especially because their region is played in Dayton (which is less than 100 miles from Ohio State's campus). But I like the fight in the cyclones. They've got great guys around the perimeter and they're coached well. We know what kind of fight they gave Kansas. As for myself and the recruits, I think Randle might pick Kansas. I see Wiggins at either KY or FSU (he looked kind of stoic on his official visit to Kansas). But I agree with Gordon at U of A.

I'm hoping Jaybate will chime in and give his 2...ahem...64 cents.

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

btw - my biggest Sleeper pick to make it to the Elite 8 is another team we'd played earlier in the year = Temple.

My biggest sleeper pick to make it to the Sweet 16 = 14-seed Davidson. I see them beating Marquettte and Bucknell after beating Butler goes down.

Davidson IS better than Bucknell FOR SURE!!!! Underseeded. Bucknell probably a little it overseeded but I still see them taking down Butler who's ripe for an early take-down year.

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

Courage requires brains, or it's useless. :-)

Joe Ross 2 years, 4 months ago

Then you better get to the Wizard and get a heapin' helpin' o' both!

(Bzz - bzz - bzz, Chirp - chirp - chirp - And a couple of La - di - das That's how the crickets crick all day, In the Merry Old Land of Oz!)

GabrielMichael 2 years, 4 months ago

Julius will not be coming to KU. We don't get guys that pull the magic hat stunt. We don't want the guys pulling it either...

Ethan Berger 2 years, 4 months ago

how dare a 17/18 year old high schooler do something like that! I would rather them do drugs then do the hat thing! (major sarcasm)

JayHok 2 years, 4 months ago

Not so sure about that. We did get Xavier Henry. He was the #3 overall recruit #1 at his position and he did the hat thing. Interesting in 2009 how UK online talked like they knew his decision like they are now with Randle and tried to alter his choice. Manning and Self had to drive down to Oklahoma there were so many UK fans calling him. I guess we know why Randle has his phone off today. I'll tell you one thing I'd love to hear the song the Gonzales twins sing if he signs with Kansas like they did. Beautiful voices.

Joe Ross 2 years, 4 months ago

I guess we won't know for sure until jaybate weighs in. But for the record, I think the hat thing is stupid, too (caveat: unless he picks up the Jayhawk one).

Joe Ross 2 years, 4 months ago

Continue on with your criticism of those who are bold enough to make them.

Chicken.

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

143 IQs either don't make this sort of mistake.

Get better.

kennethst 2 years, 4 months ago

Shut up, loser. We're lucky to have Jaybate. You? Not so much. Get off this board.

FarSideHawk 2 years, 4 months ago

One thing none of the 'experts'are talking about is experience on this team. How many teams have 4 seniors that went to the title game last year and elite eight the year before?!

And I'm tired of people, including KU fans, doubting EJ. The guy is as clutch as they come and will not let us down!

Believe in the Prophet!

Rock Chalk!

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

at least last year this is when both HE AND Withey REALLY rose up and played better than most of the rest of the season even.

Tony Bandle 2 years, 4 months ago

Julius has the opportunity to be the first "Big Man" one and done in the History of Kansas basketball.

He'll enter Kansas as a talented high school athlete. After Andrea is done with him, he will leave as The Terminator..indestructable and unstoppable.

He will, at some points during the season play all five court positions, including bringing the ball up against the press, draining threes and slamming it down in the paint.

Julius and Wayne will give us two of the toughest players in America.

Driving miles: Austin [215], Waco [114], Lubbock [331], Ft.Worth [51], Stillwater [264]. Norman [187], Lawence [516], Lexington, KY..........[880]!!!

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

If I had to guess I think Julius moreso wants to go to UK & his Mom USED TO want him to go to UT, gave up on that proposition (only still on his list for "show") and is trying to steer him to us if I had to guess.

UF I feel is ALSO only in it "for show"....a show of giving Donovan a chance since he played for him last summer.

Joe Ross 2 years, 4 months ago

Jaybate, funny how you made various and sundry predictions in response to a poster above:

kennethst 4 hours, 42 minutes ago: "Jaybate......What are your thoughts on a possible 2nd round game vs North Carolina?"

Jaybate:

"At some point, say the 5 minute mark, it will make sense to bring Perry in and go to him about 4 straight times to break their backs in half court sets; then return with the starters at the 10 minute mark and try to run their butts into the cracks of the floor.

I will try to get some time to look at UNC and get back to you on this."

So noting you were making predictions, I ask you for one, and you respond:

"The difference between you and me is that I know when I don't know and you apparently don't. :-)"

Well guess what. NO BODY KNOWS. That's why they're called PREDICTIONS! So...just for the fun of it why don't you TRY. You're astute enough to at least venture a GUESS, aren't ya?

I think you're scared!

Yes you do.

Johnny Tyler: "Im REEEEAL scared, Mr...."

Wyatt Earp: "You're ^&$# right, you're scared!"

Joe Ross 2 years, 4 months ago

It's just for fun. No malice. Honest injun.

Everybody else is doin it too...

Joe Ross 2 years, 4 months ago

You should know it. You just got owned.

kennethst 2 years, 4 months ago

No malice? Loser.....it's obviously all malice. Get off this board,Jcross.

Jeffery Barrett 2 years, 4 months ago

“Not every program can play a regular-season game in a stadium like we can,” Calipari said. “The NCAA tournament plays half its regional games and the entire Final Four in those venues. Who do you think will be in those domes and stadiums? It will be us.”

What an arrogant jerk!

Kevin Huffman 2 years, 4 months ago

I'd seriously be embarrassed if CS said something like that!!! :( It may well be the truth but you don't freaking say it!!!!

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 4 months ago

Losing to Robert Morris he just created the biggest, longest lasting experience in the history of the Kentucky program.
How can a UK fan ever brag again without being reminded about Robert Morris? This is bigger than Tyus Edney and Norfolk State combined.

Joe Ross 2 years, 4 months ago

If you were a character in a movie you'd be Billy Bob Thornton's character in Tombstone. Talking ALL THE TIME.

Joe Ross 2 years, 4 months ago

Kansas plays better when they have something to prove. Interesting that no expert in this article is picking Kansas. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/ncaa/men/2013/ncaa_tourney/brackets/experts/?sct=hp_t12_a5&eref=sihp

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

Kind of a soft argument. When exactly does a team step on the floor with nothing to defend?

143 IQ,, eh?

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

FYI, I am playing take what you give me right now, or I will lose interest. :-)

Joe Ross 2 years, 4 months ago

No, what you're doing is avoiding the contradiction where you give a prediction to one poster, and then dont offer one that can be proven tomorrow. LOL!!!! :) Intellectual cowardice at its finest.

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

Watch it, I'm backing you into using logic.

And you're no good at it. :-)

seventytwohawk 2 years, 4 months ago

At the final four in 1971 the consolation game against WKU was the roughest I had ever seen. The refs obviously wanted the game over so that the finals could commence. Guards would get knocked down and the ball stolen and nothing would be called. Jim McDaniels went off for 40 or so points, hitting fallaways from all over the court. It led to him being drafted very high that year. I don't think he ever panned out (shades of Sam Bowie). The game was anticlimactic after the semi-final in which we were beaten by UCLA. I will just say this about that game: There is no doubt that John Wooden was a great coach, but the impression of a calm, professorial team manager is inconsistent with what I witnessed. He constantly whined, bullied and bated the refs for any edge; and when Dave Robisch hit his patented turn around jumper from the freethrow line to tie or put us ahead and the refs called travelling, it totally took the wind out of our sails and the players, coaches, and fans in the astrodome became resigned to the belief that the powers that be had consigned KU71 to the role of one more 'worthy opponent of the UCLA dynasty'. I was not sad at all when Coach Wooden finally stepped down from Mt. Horeb and the rest of D1 BBall could become relevant again.

KansasComet 2 years, 4 months ago

Andrew Wiggins parents went to FSU, okay. His brother Nick Wiggins is playing basketball for Wichita State. If Andrew Wiggins comes to KU, then both of their sons would be playing ball in Kansas, something to think about.

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

I think you may be onto something, Comet.

This is the first angle on his recruitment that might mean something.

Thanks.

KansasComet 2 years, 4 months ago

Jaybate, your comments are much appreciated!

BainDread 2 years, 4 months ago

in response to seventytwohawk above. "...whined, bullied and bated the refs for any edge." I had to double-check. For a minute there I thought you were describing Joe B. Hall. The joke used to be that the "B" stood for "Baiter".

jaybate 2 years, 4 months ago

EXTRA! EXTRA! GEMS OF JLOST...3:19:13!!

"Youre a loser. And a chicken. And a poser." --JLost

"Jaybate says above that he is afraid to make a prediction. LOL!!!!!!! Somehow I KNEW that!!!" --JLost

"Continue on with your criticism of those who are bold enough to make them. Chicken." --JLost

"LOL!!!! :) Intellectual cowardice at its finest." --JLost

"I think you're scared!" --JLost

"Well, I just wanna let you know you're sittin' in my chair....no need to go heels to get the bulge on a tub like you." --JLost

Next.

Joe Ross 2 years, 4 months ago

Youve been beaten soundly. Dont get mad. Get even.

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 4 months ago

It is official. Kentucky loses to Roger Morris. This has to be the first time the overall #1 seed (even if it is the NIT) loses to the last seed. There has to be a lot of worried people in Kentucky and a lot of recruits reconsidering their commitment to the squid.
Six more wins and we are only 6 wins behind Kentucky in all time wins. Life is good!!!

Suzi Marshall 2 years, 4 months ago

We picked up 8 wins so far this season. We came in to this season 20 wins behind. We are currently 12 behind Kentucky.