Wednesday, March 13, 2013

McLemore, Withey named to all-district team

Kansas University men’s basketball players Ben McLemore and Jeff Withey were named to the 10-member USBWA All-District VI team on Tuesday. District VI consists of universities from the states of Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota. On Monday, the Sporting News named Withey a second-team and McLemore third-team All-American. On Monday, they were named first team all-Big 12.

Comments

jaybate 4 years, 9 months ago

Not sure how big of an honor it is to be All District VI. Not sure why USBWA has a District VI. Not sure whether this should continue.

Jack Wilson 4 years, 9 months ago

Actually, this is a huge honor. I'm shocked by your negativity.

I'm sure both players will cherish this for the rest of their lives. There will surely be reunions for the honorees and such for many years. All future KU players should aspire to be on the USBWA All-District VI team that consists of universities from the states of Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota. Worthy of a banner at AFH, I cannot imagine a more elite group, nor a higher honor. I'm sure Releford is upset he was left off. Hope he recovers in time for the tourney.

Tony Bandle 4 years, 9 months ago

WOW...great post and you didn't even use the sarcasm font!!!!

PS You were being sarcastic..right??

Tony Bandle 4 years, 9 months ago

Great post and you weren't even using the sarcasm font.

P.S. You were being sarcastic weren't you??

JayCeph 4 years, 9 months ago

Withey, a second team All American? Huh... (dumbfounded)

justinryman 4 years, 9 months ago

It's nly the Sportingnews, it's nt like many poele still read it or even know it's till in circulation.

yates33333 4 years, 9 months ago

I agree. Who in the Hell was on the first team at center? These all-American teams are an affront to the intelligence of players, coaches, and fans. Only people being served by them are the writers whose hubris is unbounded. Anyone know who picks the the team for Sporting News?

BTW great post for HighEliteMajor.

Chris Baker 4 years, 9 months ago

I think it would be worth naming the other members of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams? Among those states, I can't figure out why Jeff and Ben would be on the 2nd/3rd teams.

BallerBlocker 4 years, 9 months ago

they were second and third team ALL americans- first team all district

Steven Mathew 4 years, 9 months ago

When they mention 2nd and 3rd teams, they are talking about the Sporting News All-America teams.

yates33333 4 years, 9 months ago

I think these regular posters, like drgnslayr, are at their best when being sarcastic.

gchawk 4 years, 9 months ago

I'm confused, which is somewhat normal, but how can Ben be continually talked about as being the number 1 pick overall in the upcoming draft, yet Sporting Snooze places him on the 3rd team?