Monday, January 28, 2013

How Keegan voted: Jan. 28 AP college basketball ballot

The following is Lawrence Journal-World sports editor Tom Keegan's ballot for the Associated Press men's basketball poll on Jan. 28, 2013.

1. Kansas
  20. UCLA
  21. Kansas State
  22. Marquette
  23. New Mexico
  24. Pittsburgh

Wisconsin

Comments

jgkojak 1 year, 2 months ago

Michigan's SOS is not where KU's is - but that will pick up once they go to Indiana next week.

I suspect -

Michigan is 1 year away and is looking at an early tourney exit

Indiana is soft like one of Roi's teams

Boouk 1 year, 2 months ago

Oregon is way too high. They aren't better than Butler, MSU, Duke, and Gonzaga.

AzHawk97 1 year, 2 months ago

Midwest bias! The PAC is weak, but there is a large gap between Oregon and the rest of the pretenders. U of A gets beat by UCLA. Then the Bruins get waxed by 18 at ASU. I think the voters' knowledge extends from the east coast to Lawrence (thankfully), but anything west is merely a guessing game and a couple of token schools for some laughable geographic balance.

Kevin Huffman 1 year, 2 months ago

No San Diego State? They just beat New Mexico.

Also, too high for Cincinnati. I didn't even have them in my Top 25.

I had Missouri, San Diego State, Notre Dame & Georgetown in. Didn't have Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Wisconsin or Creighton in....although they were my 27-29 teams.

Tempted to consider Arizona State too.

GP24 1 year, 2 months ago

Its a toss up but we have to start playing better

jakejayhawk 1 year, 2 months ago

Well you did what you said you would. I wrote last poll about Duke's injuries. You reflected that in your vote this week as promised following their horrific game at Miami. Thanks for posting your vote each week.

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 2 months ago

giving some love to Marquette I see...

Interesting that Nova got Novotes (coaches poll) despite back-to-back top 5 wins. Suspect that the AP poll will show them with some votes at least.

Mike Rotchurtz 1 year, 2 months ago

KU, Michigan and Florida are a toss-up right now as to who deserves #1. Indiana ain't much. Might as well vote for the home team, Tom. Good work.

jhawkrulz 1 year, 2 months ago

Not bad...a little too much love for Miami's victory; however, I am proud of you for actually dropping Duke out of the Top 10!