Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Swagger State: No. 11 Wildcats enter Showdown on a roll

Kansas State guard Rodney McGruder (22) looks for space during the second half of an NCAA college basketball game against TCU, Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013, in Fort Worth, Texas.

Kansas State University’s No. 11-ranked basketball team carries a healthy dose of confidence into tonight’s showdown against No. 3-rated Kansas.

“Coach (Bruce Weber) always talks about, if you’re a Top-25 team, you’ve got to have a swagger about yourself, and I think we have a swagger about ourselves now,” said KSU senior guard Rodney McGruder, a preseason all-conference pick who is third in the league in scoring at 15.5 points per game.

“It feels great to be on an eight-game winning streak, but it doesn’t stop here. We’ve got to prepare for Kansas, and may the best team win.”

Sharpshooter McGruder and the Wildcats (15-2 overall, 4-0 Big 12) enter today’s 7 p.m. game in Bramlage Coliseum as one of the country’s hottest teams and, like rival KU (16-1, 4-0), the only remaining unbeaten teams in Big 12 play.

“The thing we are trying to emphasize to our guys is this is about first place,” said Weber, in his first year at K-State after nine seasons as Bill Self’s successor at University of Illinois. “At this point in the season, there’s a long way to go, but we are both 4-0. We’ve got homecourt advantage the first time around. That has to be our goal, to protect homecourt.

“It will be a big challenge. Hopefully we’ll be up to the task,” added Weber, whose Wildcats have been unstoppable since defeating No. 8 Florida, 67-61, on Dec. 22 at Sprint Center in Kansas City, Mo.

They are 4-0 in the Big 12 (wins at West Virginia and TCU and against Oklahoma State and Oklahoma) for the second time since the league’s inception in 1997 and the first time since the 2007-08 team opened 5-0. KSU is 10-0 at Bramlage this season, an arena in which the Jayhawks have won 22 games and lost just two throughout history.

“He’s right. Unless we tie, the winner will be 5-0 and loser 4-1,” KU coach Self said with a smile. “The thing with the league race ... I learned this over the years ... four games into an 18-game schedule is very, very early. So much is who you played and where you played them. They are off to a good start. It is for first place 30 percent of the way in. It’s not for first place obviously when we’re getting into deep February.”

Self is wary of the Wildcats, especially McGruder, a 6-foot-4, 205-pound senior from Washington, D.C., who averages 15.5 points and 5.2 rebounds a game and is sixth in the league in field-goal percentage (44.3). He’s ninth in three-point percentage, having hit 26 of 75 threes for 34.7 percent.

“He’s one of my favorite players in the league,” Self said of McGruder, who is 1-6 versus the Jayhawks in his career. “He’s a nice young man. I respect his game a lot. He is on a roll right now. He can get you 25, 30 (points) any night.”

Self was asked about the battle of McGruder and his own Ben McLemore, the second-leading scorer in the league at 16.4 ppg.

“I don’t know who will be matched up on who. I’d say Rodney is a far more mature player as far as understanding how to move without the ball,” Self said. “The (motion) offense they are running now has really benefited him at least as far as from the outside looking in. He’s grown (through the years) on how to read screens, how to set people up, how to be in constant motion. Of course, Ben is an athlete who doesn’t come around every year. He’s a special athlete, no question. Both teams need those guys to play well. Ben will have to do a great job moving without the ball like McGruder does.”

Both McLemore and Travis Releford, who figure to spend some time guarding McGruder, worked camps with the KSU standout last summer.

“He’s a great player. His personality is great, too,” McLemore said. “He’s an outstanding player in the Big 12. It’ll be a great challenge playing against him.”

Noted fifth-year senior Releford: “I’ve been guarding him since I’ve been here, since he’s been in school. It’s going to be a tough match-up. He’s gotten a lot better on offense. He’s looking to score on offense. It’s going to be a challenge, but I’m looking forward to it.”

The key, Releford said, is “just make him uncomfortable. That’s with any player. If they are uncomfortable, it’s going to be tough for any of them to make shots.”

Weber, who replaced Frank Martin in Manhattan, said the best thing about McGruder is “he’s a great individual, such a good person, somebody you want to have as a friend, teammate. It’s not easy to get a new coach, somebody telling you, ‘Hey we’ve got to tweak this, change this.’ He’s been very receptive to it. It took a little bit of time. He’s worked through some of the tough spots and continued to get better and really started to play with a lot of confidence here the last two to three weeks.”

He’s KSU’s only double-digit scorer. Guards Angel Rodriguez, Will Spradling and Shane Southwell average 9.2, 8.6 and 7.4 ppg.

“They don’t beat themselves,” Self said. “They play great defense, are well coached. Their motion ... if you are not sound defensively, they can make you look bad. They are a real sound team.”

And they have a huge homecourt advantage when KU comes to town. The Jayhawks have quieted some incredibly loud KSU crowds in Bramlage in the past.

“I’ve been in some great environments. I think Bramlage is as tough a place as we’ve played. Two or three times we’ve been over there, it’s been as good as I’ve ever seen. I’m sure it’ll be that way again tomorrow,” said Self, who listed Indiana, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Oklahoma State as some other really loud venues he’s visited in his career. “We’ll have to do a good job preparing our young kids who haven’t been over there. I’m sure our veterans will talk to them about it. Their students are right on top of you and do a good job of being on top of everything.”

Rivals

Self was asked if KU-KSU has grown in importance now that Missouri is off the schedule

“I think so,” he said. “K-State has always been the rival (where) it was more a respect rivalry than what Missouri was, because I think on both sides of the Missouri rivalry there was a lot of hatred involved. We obviously didn’t like them, and the feeling was very mutual. I never felt that way with K-State. I don’t know why. I never did. I think this will turn a little bit to become more heated as we move forward because we don’t have the Tigers around. I think it’s very healthy. I think it’s good to have somebody in your league the fans look forward to playing, and certainly the players do, and this is that game for us.”

KU’s Travis Releford said the game was special “because it’s an in-state rivalry. We are not as players making it, ‘Oh my gosh, it’s K-State.’ It’s more the fans and media making a bigger deal. I’m sure their players feel the same thing (as KU’s players). It’s just us versus them. The fans are making it a bigger deal than we are.”

Rookie of the week

McLemore on Monday was named Big 12 rookie of the week after 16.5 points in victories over Baylor and Texas. This is the third Big 12 honor this season for McLemore, who was selected as Big 12 rookie of the week on Dec. 24 and Big 12 player of the week on Jan. 14.

Fun venue

Releford, a fifth-year senior, is 8-1 versus KSU and 3-1 in Bramlage. KU fell to the Wildcats 84-68, on Feb. 14, 2011.

“It’s a fun place to play. Our upperclassmen are excited about going there to play because we know how crazy their fans are and how fun it is playing there,” Releford said. “We enjoy going on the road and playing games with crazy fans. We do enjoy it.”

Freshman McLemore attended last year’s game and sat in the stands during his red-shirt season.

“The crowd was crazy. It was a great atmosphere there. I’m getting prepared,” he said.

McLemore on his sprained right ankle

“I’m feeling great. I’m getting treatment, going to practice. I think I’ll be 100 percent. I’m getting better each and every day. I’m confident.”

This, that

KSU is 4-13 all-time against the No. 3 team in the U.S. Last home win against No. 3 was against Oklahoma, 66-51, on Jan. 16, 1990, at Bramlage. ... KU has won 44 of the last 47 meetings with KSU dating to the 1994 season. The Jayhawks have won nine of the last 10 and hold a 183-91 all-time series advantage. KU is 74-45 all-time in Manhattan, 22-2 in Bramlage. ... KSU has won two of the last five against KU at Bramlage. Since the inception of the Big 12, KU is 29-3 in regular-season battles and 36-3 including Big 12 Championship meetings versus KSU. ... Self is 19-3 vs. KSU, including 18-3 as KU coach; Bruce Weber is 0-1 vs. KU.

They get along

Asked of his relationship with KSU’s Weber, Self said: “Cordial, fine. I have no issues with Bruce. I know there were some things said after he replaced me at Illinois. I learned through the years I don’t know if you can take over a job and not at some point say something that appears to be controversial to the previous staff. I probably did it with Roy (Williams). That stuff happens.”

Comments

William Blake 1 year, 2 months ago

Is it a swagger or constipation?

Kent Richardson 1 year, 2 months ago

If Frank Haith goes to Bolivia instead of Paraguay he could take Robert Redford with him and be Botch Casually and the Sundance Kid.

Lifelong_Jayhawk 1 year, 2 months ago

Great article on the state of basketball in the state of Kansas. (Except for the Wizard of Oz reference he just had to throw in there...)

nostradavid 1 year, 2 months ago

The Jayhawks will kick out the jams at Barnlage Silo tonight. Since they have been playing down to the level of the competition lately, their volume knob will be at 11. Party like ...

Two Wild & Crazy Guys!

Two Wild & Crazy Guys! by nostradavid

kellyrojo78 1 year, 2 months ago

Please if someone has a link for tonights game hook it up. Not on my Direct tv and can't get ESPN3 here in South Cacalac! Go Jayhawks!

Michael Luby 1 year, 2 months ago

still kinda nervous bout this game...

texashawk10 1 year, 2 months ago

Q: What's the difference between a KSU fan and a donkey?

A: Nothing, they're both EMAWing jacka$$es.

HawkKlaw 1 year, 2 months ago

Everyone keeps talking about how KU may switch to a smaller lineup to match up against KSU better. However, I don't think KU needs to alter its gameplan. Just because they don't have anyone to match up against Withey, it doesn't mean that KU should put a shorter guy out there. Withey brings too much to the table (especially defensively) to not have him out there for significant minutes.

I do think Self will opt for a shorter lineup at times throughout the game (especially if Withey isn't having much of an impact on defense), but I see KU going with it's normal game plan and lineup for the most part.

Ron Franklin 1 year, 2 months ago

I've got the game here in SEK on Dish Network....around channel 442.

Tony Bandle 1 year, 2 months ago

KSU's four guard offense..please meet, KU's small lineup.

In most cases our four guys are taller, longer and just as quick your four guys and our big guy will take your big guy out behind the tool shed and spank him good!!!

It's staggering to think K-State is 3-44 against Kansas. At least, all the Wildcat fans and Alumni have memorial CD's of each of their victories!! LOL!!!

jaybate 1 year, 2 months ago

Part 3

L: The truth? You can't handle the truth. You keep using this same worn out schtick from "A Few Good Men," without ever getting to it. You are weak. But your blood is sweet and I vant it."

(He lowers the cape and approaches with fangs showing.)

j: Stop!!!! Stop!!!!

(jaybate fumbles through his wallet for his lucky Silver Certificate $1 dollar bill, withdraws it and waves it at LeStat.)

L: NOOOOO!!! Not that!!! Not a Silver Certificate!!!!

j: Yes, you dark undead demon walking. A silver certificate. John F. Kennedy ordered $4 billion of these printed four weeks before he was assassinated to protect us all from the likes of you.

L: Yes, I know, please put it away. Pretty please. I am growing weaker. I might perish.

j: Good, I hope you do. I hope you never darken my interview show again!!!!! Now the truth, or I will stuff this silver certificate down your throat and end you once and for all.

L: Follow the money. Follow the ownership shells that own the Gaming industry. Follow who permits the illegal drug business for an untaxable, unreported cut. Follow who runs the black market weapons business. Follow the money. Follow the blood money. Now please, take that silver certificate away from me.

(jaybate, stunned, shaking, withdraws it and stares down, a broken alias, muttering.)

j: All I wanted was to have the KU-KSU game televised to give decent aliases something to jump for joy about in mid winter, something good, a good game, something that could not be warped and corrupted by power and greed....

L: Somethings, my doddering old Lear, are not meant to be in one's life time.

(LeStat transforms into a bat and flies away)

j: That's all from LeStat's crypt. Good night...and good luck.

(Note: All fiction. No malice.)

jaybate 1 year, 2 months ago

Part 2

L: Television exists to do the bidding of the gaming industry and to valve government and corporate propaganda. Television got out of the entertainment business and the public information services and into the technotronic control and exploitation many decades ago. Television exists to scare you and fill you full of filth so vile that you prefer lifelessness to life, to me, Lestat, to your friends and family. To make you prefer to believe any cockeyed rationales for war and conspiracy theories spun by government to cover up acts of buccaneerism...

j: Sorry to interrupt, but our audience may not understand your use of the term "bucanneerism."

(Fangs present and retract again.)

L: Institutionalized piracy, you moron. That's what governments and economies and militaries taken over by private oligarchies are. (fanning his cape) Don't you know anything at all? Show me your neck! NOW!!!

j: Not so fast, leech face!

(jaybate holds up a warm garlic oven and waves a cruciform letter opener.)

L: Noooooooo, put them away!!!!

j: Why? So you can suck me dry, too?

L: Yes, I vant to suck your blood? Don't you see? I am a pitiful little living dead thing that will perish completely without your blood.

j: Then prepare to meet your maker, vile vampire network President Lestat!!! This is my blood and I'm keeping it in my veins.

(jaybate throws a cooked garlic clove at the vampire network President LeStat.)

L: You vill regret this. No one can stand in the way of television shaping spreads for the gaming industry. No one.

(jaybate waves the cruciform letter opener with the words "Give to ORU" on them.

j: What makes the gaming industry so powerful? How can anything be so powerful as to prevent the televising of a KU-KSU game when both teams are highly ranked and its bound to be a good game?

(Lestat draws his cape over his face to shield himself from the letter opener.)

L: Before I answer, do you have any silver bullets?

j: No, I am a non violent resister.

(The cape lowers slightly to reveal the face grown even more pale and hideous.)

L: I am but the dark prince of bettor stimulation. The king of odds is the Satan of Spreads. I, Lestat, am but his dark servant.

j: VPSN is owned by the gaming industry?

L: Nothing is ever that simple. Nothing but sucking the blood from the living is that simple.

j: Who then? The truth...I want the truth!!

jaybate 1 year, 2 months ago

jaybate News Service (JNS):

Dateline: the TV universe

Slug: "Interview with the TV Network Vampire LeStat"

Part 1

(In which jaybate goes into the crypt and opens the flip top box on VSPN (the Vampire Sports Network) network President LeStat.)

jaybate: Great to have you on the jaybate Interview. Let me welcome the Vampire Network President LeStat.

(LeStat sits up a little indignantly, cocks a menacing eye brow, and gets his bearings.)

LeStat: Call me LeStat. I don't like that cheap allusion to Ann Rice novels. I am the real thing. A blood sucking vampire. Not some fictional creation of a woman trying to use genre fiction to deal with issues from growing up in New Orleans.

j: Very well, LeStat, what gives with not televising the KU/KSU game. I have come into your crypt to find out why? These are two highly ranked teams with a rivalry and an initial grudge match between two coaches that appear a little edgy about each other. That seems like a recipe for sending Vitale and the camera trucks.

L: Vitale will not cover games anymore where both coaches refuse to genuflect to him. Period.

j: Well, why not Bilas then?

L: He's praying about a Duke game.

j: Well, surely Fran Fraschilla would come.

L: I have him assigned elsewhere.

j: Well, hell, send the cameras and give a mike to Mad Max Falkenstein, or Moon Man Pollard, they could do it. Its not like you lack bandwidth. Comcast offers a 1000 flipping channels most places. They have room to carry "Whore Wives of Tucumcari" and "Sexually Deviant Male Pawnbrokers from Pawtuckett," Why not the KU-KSU game?

(LeStat angers and his fangs present, then retract as he regains his composure.)

L: Alright, I admit it. I told them not to carry the game, because there is more blood to suck out of other markets with crappy teams playing crappy games from bigger markets, than two teams from....Oz.

j: You admit it? The vampire network President LeStat admits it? On my interview show?

(Fangs present followed by some hissing and a fanning of Lestat's cape.)

L: I vant to suck your blood!!!! I...

(Lestat lowers the cape and retracts his fangs.)

L: I mean, I want to make sure you understand.

j: Understand what? It seems pretty clear.

L: I don't want to be this way, but it is what I am. I am a creature of television. I suck the life from societies. It is what I do. It is all I do. I wish I were put here to do good for people. But I am evil. I am the black pit of hell in the flesh. I am the unliving preying on the living in order to turn them lifeless.

j: I, uh, I don't know quite how to respond.

L: No one does, when I finally confront them with the truth that is too horrible to know.

j: Which is?

hammerhawk 1 year, 2 months ago

Going to Manhattan's Hawktogon of Swoon for tonite's game? Directions here: Drive west until you smell it. Drive north until you step in it.

bshafco 1 year, 2 months ago

YES Network is channel 631 on DirecTV, is also on Altitude Alternate, channel 682 and 682-1 for HD. I believe these channels are part of their extra sports package. Also on 723 of the ESPN FULL COURT PACKAGE-not HD.

Tony Bandle 1 year, 2 months ago

For all you St.Louis fans, go the YES Network for this Big 12 broadcast. just put it on mute during all the Yankee commercials.

"Cordial" in coachspeak translates "I will give my right testicle to destroy this miserable excuse of a human being!!"

Reuben_J_Cogburn 1 year, 2 months ago

Jaybate,

Just out of curiosity, are you any good at predictions? I would like to hear your forecast of the game tonight.

Simple. Win or lose? By how much either way?

jaybate 1 year, 2 months ago

It is amazing to me that game tickets are $92-$250 for the KSU game and ESPNCBSFOX can't find a channel even up above 300 to show the game. Incredible!!!

Damian Glaze 1 year, 2 months ago

I think this comment by Self is a good one to note: “The thing with the league race ... I learned this over the years ... four games into an 18-game schedule is very, very early. So much is who you played and where you played them. They are off to a good start. It is for first place 30 percent of the way in. It’s not for first place obviously when we’re getting into deep February.”

He is basically saying KSCC hasn't really played a tough schedule yet - road wins against two of the worst teams in the league and home wins against OSU and OU. But, the same could be said for us, but I would contend our slate has been a little tougher so far with a game and Baylor and Iowa State already behind us. Texas on the road will be difficult for anybody. Texas Tech is the equivalent of the TCU and WVU games. I would say there is a slight advantage to us so far in the early part of the league schedule. We win this game and we will have a huge advantage on KSCC going forward in conference play.

Kevin Huffman 1 year, 2 months ago

I'm seriously concerned with 6 of our remaining 7 road gms. :( Wouldn't surprise me to see us lose as many as 3 of the games we have in Manhattan, Morgantown, Norman, Stillwater, Ames & Waco.

I think in order the ones we'd be most likely to lose would go:

1. Stillwater
  2. Ames
  3. Norman
  4. Manhattan (honestly, a little more worried about the gm. in Lawrence w/ K-State)
  5. Morgantown
  6. Waco (though maybe the worry should be there more?...don't know)

FarSideHawk 1 year, 2 months ago

Is there any news/reaction from Julius Randle after the Texas game that he attened? Just curious.

BCRavenJHawkfan 1 year, 2 months ago

Someone explain to me how this game of in state rivals + in conference powers x current top 25 rankings = coverage only on Big 12 Network aka ESPN3?

My math, which granted stopped at algebra & calculus, comes up with it should be a feature game on ESPN!

1stnamemistermiddlenameperiod 1 year, 2 months ago

"And they have a huge homecourt advantage when KU comes to town."

Isn't K-State something like 2-28(ish) against KU at home?

Scott Smetana 1 year, 2 months ago

Self said,"We obviously didn’t like them (Missouri), and the feeling was very mutual." Love that Bill is on board with those classless neighbors!!

Let's get a billboard: Long live Nevin Shapiro, Quin Snyder, Ricky Clemens, 5th down, Paige Arena, Norfolk St., 0 Final Fours, 0 BSC games, 0 class! #1 in meth, though!

Robert Brock 1 year, 2 months ago

The fact that this is not a feature game on television is a sure sign of Big 12 weakness.

Bob Thompson 1 year, 2 months ago

Every time I see the name McGruder , I think of the limerick "There once was a man named McGruder"......... lol

AsadZ 1 year, 2 months ago

I am very disappointed that ESPN is not carrying this game. What a shame ESPN.

Anyone know of TV channels that have this game on their schedule

clevelandjayhawker 1 year, 2 months ago

I have a little worry tonight about Spradling (sp?) getting hot from 3 tonight.

How did Mcgruder do the last few games with TRel on him?

This game should have been next week on Kansas Day

I think tonihgt Perry is gonna have a breakout game. Rock Chalk

FearlessJayhawk 1 year, 2 months ago

Do you remember when Weber took over for Bill Self at Illinois? The same thing is happening at K-State this year. He was great guns his first year at Illinois; went to the NCAA championship game. It was all downhill from there on. He can coach recruits brought in by somebody else and can't coach his own recruits. It may happen again this year.

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 2 months ago

It's funny to read Self's words "He's right, unless we tie, the winner will be 5-0 and the loser 4-1... four games into an 18 game schedule is very, very early".

Then read "cordial, fine, I have no issues with Bruce".

Someone was trying to bait Coach Self into talking about Illinois, and they got a mention of it, but Self's not gonna play they're little game. He'll say what he wants to say, hence the subtle jab early in the article, but for the most part he'll let his team's play do the talking.

Does anyone doubt that Bill Self is gonna throw everything he can at this KSU team on the court? This game DOES mean more to Coach than it did last year and before. And he will give his team every advantage that he can to get the big win.

Oh boy! Big game tonight...

Dyrk Dugan 1 year, 2 months ago

it will be a good game, but we're a tough matchup for them. we're long, and experienced...and we are good basketball players who are also very athletic. If McGruder doesn't score a lot, i don't see how they win the game.

yes, we could become a TO machine all night...and that would lead to a victory for them.....but i think we'll turn them over too. i don't know, unless McGruder goes all Jacob Pullen on us. (38 points, on 15 shots in 2011), then we'll for sure be in the ballgame till the end.

KU 70 KSU 62

Go Jayhawks!

Michael Leiker 1 year, 2 months ago

Watching UT v OU last night, started to realize what KU has done to this league over the last 8 years. I think KU fans need to start asking ourselves this question honestly, would it not be in KS best interest to lose the league one of the next couple of years? These other schools just seem absolutely demoralized.

Visiting UT this weekend, interest level in bball, while never high there, just has to be at an all time low, and when you visit other league gyms, it seems similar. Obviously, would never advocate for the boys to throw a game, but from a fans perspective I do think we're killing this league and it would not hurt my feelings at all to see a couple of losses here or there to at least make it a close race this year.

nuleafjhawk 1 year, 2 months ago

'nuff said.

actorman 1 year, 2 months ago

Does anyone have access to 1 ticket for the home game against KSU on 2/10? If so, please message me.

Michael Auchard 1 year, 2 months ago

Everyone on earth except Manhattan, Kansas, residents and Oldspice deodorant fans are sick of the word swagger by now. Put it to rest.

Doug Cramer 1 year, 2 months ago

Anyone know of the contreversial stuff that was said at Illinois when Webber replaced Self ? Had not heard of this before now. ROCK CHALK

jaybate 1 year, 2 months ago

"Some Ways Bruce Weber Emulates Bill Self"

• Has players use "swagger."

• Has players talk about "getting better."

• Wins with Self's players at Illinois.

• Follows Self to Big 12.

• Calls his wife Cin.

• Calls his assistants Joe, Kurtis, Norm and Doc.

• Covers bathroom mirror with picture of Bill Self.

• Asks Gene Keady to call him Bill.

(Note: All fiction. No malice.)

Scott MacWilliams 1 year, 2 months ago

This game scares me a bit, the kitties are a good team this year. Beating Florida was an impressive win, and they look to be a good solid team on both ends of the court. Texas had a great defense, but Ksuk will be a tough row to hoe, for sure.

Get ready Hawks, it's going to be a screamer!!!

ROCK CHALK!!!

WOOO HOO, the Sooners just made Texas 0-5, and Baylor beat OSU!

Here's the current Big 12 standings --

Big 12 Conference Standings TEAM CONF W-L TOTAL W-L

2 Kansas 4-0 16-1

13 Kansas St. 4-0 15-2

Baylor 4-1 13-5 Oklahoma 4-1 13-4 Iowa State 3-1 13-4 Oklahoma St. 2-3 12-5 West Virginia 1-3 8-9 Texas Tech 1-4 8-8 Texas 0-5 8-10 TCU 0-5 9-9

WAAH, What happened to all my formatting???

jaybate 1 year, 2 months ago

"Some Fake Frank Haith Phone Apps"

• Unethical Phone Dialer-set to speed dial recruits at ethical plus 100.

• Qwik Recruiting Cash Icon - $ sign under table icon; transfers cash to recruits via Caymen account.

• Motion Play Look Up - quickly access new job openings to leave NCAA investigations behind.

• Investigation Updater - uses proxy servers to anonymously search web for stories of investigations involving one's self.

(Note: All fiction. No malice.)

ChicagoHawk04 1 year, 2 months ago