Saturday, January 19, 2013

KU football coach Charlie Weis issues statement on linebacker Ben Heeney incident

Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein escapes linebacker Ben Heeney for a carry during the third quarter on Saturday, Oct. 6, 2012 at Bill Snyder Family Stadium in Manhattan.

Kansas football coach Charlie Weis released a statement Saturday morning regarding linebacker Ben Heeney, who was cited for battery early Sunday morning.

"We are fully aware of the situation involving Ben," Weis said. "We have discussed this with all of the parties involved and believe we know what truly happened. We are handling it internally with appropriate measures.”

Comments

Reuben_J_Cogburn 1 year, 2 months ago

Nice work, genius.

That's the way to help us climb out of the Laughing Stock Column.

mikehawk 1 year, 2 months ago

Cocktail disaster: Alchohol, late night bars, male egos, and pretty women who look even prettier looking at them through the bottom of a glass.

greenworld 1 year, 2 months ago

Nothing good ever happens when you mix alcohol and alot of male testostrome either.

kay_you 1 year, 2 months ago

Whatever the outcome, I hope Ben realizes he is on a short leash and acts accordingly in the future.

Stay out of bars and nightclubs. Nothing good happens after midnight.

Randy Maxwell 1 year, 2 months ago

Brandon Pope 1 year, 2 months ago

"We have discussed this with all of the parties involved and believe we know what truly happened."

The bouncers in Larry have a reputation for both starting these types of things and for blowing them out of proportion to prove how "tough" they are. I would not be surprised if this is another example. Ben seems like a great kid with a good head. I'm not saying he had no fault, but don't be surprised if this doesn't amount to much more than a few more stairs for old Ben.

WS 1 year, 2 months ago

toe 1 year, 2 months ago

Best sign yet of a future winning program.

Tad Shurtz 1 year, 2 months ago

Weis' statement sounds like coach speak for "I'm on Ben's side."

Probably just an altercation with some douchey bouncers. I don't think he misses a minute of playing time, and I'm good with that. I like my LBs with a temper.

gbjayhawk13 1 year, 2 months ago

Hunter Jarmon to Oregon State per rivals

Keith Hummel 1 year, 2 months ago

I hope that's the last we hear of it for now. Doesn't sound like a huge deal. No charges were filed and no one ended up in the emergency room. I trust Coach Weis to do the right thing, and I'm quite certain Ben will be very sorry he made this mistake, whatever the details. Here's hoping Ben takes out his frustrations on Big-12 offenses next year.