Kansas defeats Baylor, 61-44

• 8 p.m., Jan. 14, 2013
  • Allen Fieldhouse, Lawrence, KS

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Twisted ending: Ben McLemore suffers minor ankle injury in KU rout over Baylor

Kansas guard Ben McLemore swings off the rim after a dunk against Baylor during the second half on Monday, Jan. 14, 2013 at Allen Fieldhouse.

photo

Fans watch as Kansas guard Ben McLemore is helped into the lockerroom late in the second half on Monday, Jan. 14, 2013 at Allen Fieldhouse.

Podcast episode

Press Conferences & Post-Game Interviews

KU coach Bill Self talks after win over Baylor

Kansas coach Bill Self talks after his team's 61-44 win over Baylor on Jan. 14, 2013.

Download podcast

Podcast episode

Press Conferences & Post-Game Interviews

Baylor coach Scott Drew

Baylor coach Scott Drew talks after his team's 61-44 loss to Kansas on Jan. 14, 2013.

Download podcast

Podcast episode

Press Conferences & Post-Game Interviews

Jeff Withey, Travis Releford, Elijah Johnson

Kansas seniors Jeff Withey, Travis Releford and Elijah Johnson talk to reporters following the Jayhawks' 61-44 victory on Jan. 14, 2013.

Download podcast

Box score

KU-Baylor

Kansas University’s annual basketball beatdown of Baylor in Allen Fieldhouse was interrupted by a scary moment with 2:44 to play.

That’s when freshman sensation Ben McLemore, who turned his ankle while making a cut on the offensive end, crumpled to the floor. He slammed the floor in frustration, pain and disgust before he limped off to the locker room with the help of team doctors.

McLemore, who scored a game-high 17 points off 7-of-13 shooting while playing 34 minutes in the Jayhawks’ 61-44 victory over the Bears, suffered a Grade One sprain of the ankle and is listed day-to-day, coach Bill Self told the Journal-World while returning to the coach’s locker room after the game.

“We’ll ice it, elevate it, treat it and see how he is going forward,” Self said after the Jayhawks improved to 10-0 all-time against BU in Allen Fieldhouse, the games decided by an average of 17 points, which was Monday’s margin of victory.

“He sprained an ankle. I think it scared him as much as anything else. He said he heard a pop, but Bill (Cowgill, trainer) said he checked it out and he probably just has a sprained ankle and with a few days off he should be OK. We’re certainly hopeful two to three days (maximum missed time),” Self added.

McLemore’s injury certainly put a damper on a game in which KU dominated in improving to 3-0 in the Big 12 and 15-1 overall. Baylor fell to 2-1 in the league and 11-5 overall.

“We all were concerned, but I think he’s going to be all right,” said KU freshman forward Perry Ellis, who scored six points off 3-of-9 shooting. Ellis had seven rebounds in 21 minutes.

“I just talked to him in the locker room. He was doing all right (icing the ankle 45 minutes after the game). I think he’s going to be all right,” Ellis added.

Senior Elijah Johnson, who scored 12 points with one assist against two turnovers, outplayed fellow Las Vegas native Pierre Jackson, who scored 10 points off 2-of-12 shooting with four assists and four turnovers.

“My heart dropped,” Johnson said of seeing McLemore get hurt. “You see somebody who works as hard as Ben, you don’t want to see something bad happen to him. He’s all right. He panicked more than anything which happens a lot of times.”

The story of Monday’s game was defense.

BU’s 44 points were the fewest a KU team has allowed in a conference game since the Jayhawks held the Nebraska Cornhuskers to 39 points on Feb. 17, 2007 in Lawrence. KU held the Bears to 23.2-percent shooting. It marked the lowest opponent shooting percentage of the season and lowest since KU held Howard to 22.2 percent shooting on Dec. 29, 2011. According to KU officials, it also was “the lowest percentage by a Big 12 opponent and lowest by a conference foe since the 1988-89 season.”

“We played terrific,” Self said. “If we had just gotten back in transition ... it says (on stat sheet) they only got seven transition points but it seemed like we challenged them way too much in the backcourt and they got behind us. Jackson is so good and puts so much pressure on you, but he kind of deferred in the second half.

“I thought we did a good job of guarding them. We were so aggressive. We had 10 blocked shots at half (Jeff Withey had three of KU’s 13 total blocks; Jamari Traylor also had three) and several strips. In the second half, we kind of played a little more contained. I know they missed some good looks, but they didn’t get as many as maybe some other teams have gotten on us. That’s probably as well as we’ve guarded in a while.”

KU forced 16 turnovers while committing 14.

“We did a really good job stripping and raking and trying to do those kind of things,” Self said.

Of point guard Johnson’s play in a game against Preseason Player of the Year Jackson, Self said: “He played well. Naadir (Tharpe, two points, 1-6 shooting, three turnovers) has struggled the last couple games. But he was so good early. We’ll get him back. Perry was as aggressive as he’s been all year long, and still yet, he’s a terrific shooter and didn’t shoot it well tonight. There are so many things we can do to improve, but guys were locked in defensively, and if the other team can’t score, you’re probably going to be very successful.”

McLemore scored eight points and eight KU players scored the first half as the Jayhawks led, 33-20, at the break.

The Jayhawks used an 8-0 run to stretch a 23-18 lead at 5:31 to 31-18 at 2:51. Seniors Kevin Young, Johnson and Travis Releford and freshman Ellis scored in the run.

Earlier, KU used a 10-0 run to stretch a 12-9 lead (at 12:51) to 22-9 (at 10:31). McLemore scored six points, while Tharpe had a nice tip of a McLemore miss and Ellis a driving layup in the surge.

KU opened the game by taking a 10-3 lead. Withey and Releford had four points apiece and Johnson a steal and dunk.

KU, which led, 33-20, at halftime, used an early 9-3 run to grab a 42-23 lead at 17:04. KU led, 47-28, at 13:20 and was never really challenged the final half.

The Jayhawks will next meet Texas at 1 p.m. Saturday, in Austin.

Comments

Lifelong_Jayhawk 1 year, 3 months ago

It was good to see Kansas make rugs out of the Bears again!

A little concerned, though, with the Jayhawks not finishing from short-range.

And, like many of you, the season flashed before my eyes when B-Mac went down.

jbal32 1 year, 3 months ago

Way off topic here. Plus I feel like the great fans that post on this site are above bringing up Mizzou insults, especially since we don't play them anymore and won't for the foreseeable future. But this was way to good to pass up sharing with all of you. I think you guys will find this very humorous.

midwest_muser 1 year, 3 months ago

Sure love to see AW III get 20 minutes on Saturday in Austin.

Konkis Dongington III 1 year, 3 months ago

What ever happened to BasketBall2012. He was willing to bet 2k that UK wouldn't miss the dance this year. After reading this, I'm willing to put down some cash:

Robert Murphy 1 year, 3 months ago

Five years of the best coaching available and Jeff Withey still has no idea how to play the low post offensively. Get the ball and go up with it don't wait for the defense to organize and stop dribbling the ball. Also, step up from the high post and make a free throw for an easy two. Jeff should be scoring more points.

Sam Constance 1 year, 3 months ago

(...concluded)

4) Jamari had a pretty good game too, but he did the same types of things I feel like I've seen out of him all season long. Plays tough, if slightly out of control, and is active on the boards and on help defense in the post. I think he may have gotten credit for one of Jeff's blocks, because I swear I counted 4 blocks from Withey, not 3. I look for Jamari's biggest steps to come next season, after a full year of in-game experience. With a little luck, he could end up being a less offensively-able version of Darnell, but with the talent we have coming in, that's no guarantee.

5) Is it just me, or was this the first time Self had our guys really show a lot of double-teams in the post? It seemed like a new wrinkle, and I was very impressed at the accuracy of the timing. Whenever the help defender came over to double the ball, they did it right at that point that disrupts the offensive player out of making his move, but did it in a sneaky enough way that the ballhandler wasn't ready for the dump off to the open man as soon as help came over.

6) As of this morning, we are #4 in Ken Pomeroy's adjusted defensive efficiency, allowing 83.8 points per 100 possessions. For some historical perspective, only two KU teams in the past decade have been better: in 2007 (82.2) and 2008 (82.8). In any other year, the 2012-13 squad would be leading the country in defensive efficiency, but this seems to be a very good year for defense. The country's top defensive team (Louisville) is only allowing 79.9 points per 100 possessions, which is insane. If they can keep it up, that would be the new record since Pomeroy started keeping his stats (2003), surpassing the current low-mark, the 2007 Jayhawks (82.2)

7) Lastly, I'll start worrying about McLemore if we get into/close to postseason play and he's still having issues, but not a moment before. Until then, this injury could be a good opportunity to steel the resolve of some of Ben's most likely replacements in the short term. That being said, I was terrified last night as he was rolling around on the floor. My wife and I were afraid that it was a hamstring or groin, which would be even worse than an ankle sprain in terms of lingering and affecting Ben's supreme athleticism.

Sam Constance 1 year, 3 months ago

A few observations from last night:

1) Easily the best part of the night was the fact that KU ran not one, but TWO pre-tipoff video board features. I'm sure there were several factors involved, but I couldn't help be amused at the fact that everyone knows Scott Drew is the coach who felt the need to remove his players from the court for the KU start-of-game video, and so he got not just the regular video, but also got a secondary mini-video about AFH and the home court advantage. Oh, you don't like pre-game videos Coach Drew, well here's TWO you slimy mofo. Hahahahaha. Priceless.

2) Speaking of the secondary video, they ran the dB level to see how loud we could get it inside the Fieldhouse and I think it peaked at about 115 decibels. There are two times when I get the most enjoyment out of being in AFH while the place is going bonkers: first, when it's before the tip of a HUGE game (like last night) and everyone in the place is intent on making life miserable for the visitors. Second, when a monumental shot goes in, like McLescore's shot against Iowa State. The former is pretty commonplace, but that doesn't make it boring. The latter is a fairly unique experience, given that it's not often a team has KU in that position at home.

3) Perry Ellis had a frustrating offensive night, and made some pretty dumb mistakes on offense, but MAN, what a difference in his play. I can forgive a lot of awkwardness on offense--especially from a freshman--if he is going to hustle and claw for things like he did last night. Even though his overall offensive night was lackluster, he made a couple of really smart moves that resulted in points. Both of them involved him putting the ball on the floor and beating his man off the dribble. There was also an outstanding rebound where he took to the airwaves over three Baylor players to rip down a rebound. I'm very pleased that Ellis had such a positive game against one of the better frontlines in college basketball. I think we might start to see him make exponential strides over the second half of the season. Now we just need to get him to stop with the rando three pointers. Maybe next year, but this year, our deep shooters should be (in order): Ben, Travis/Elijah, Naadir, Andrew.

(to be concluded...)

Kevin Huffman 1 year, 3 months ago

Just reflecting back....I think this particular fellow would've been better off sticking it out w/ Self instead of transferring:

Lame number of rebounds for a 6'-11 guy!!!!

I remember the reason he gave for transferring is that he wanted to be a face-up shooter and not a back-to-the-basket post-man.

Funny how over the years Bill has gone on to accommodate more post players, at least those in the 6'-7 to 6'-10 range as opposed to 6'-11 to 7'-1, to allow them shoot jumpers.

Tony Bandle 1 year, 3 months ago

If there is even a chance that BenMac's ankle is not 100%, HCBS should take the following measures:

1] Provide 24/7 treatment on BenMac. 2] For the trip to Texas, leave BenMac's uniforms behind. 3] Better yet, for the Texas trip leave BenMac behind..no temptation to play him. 4] The Jayhawks without Ben McLemore, even on the road, should still be able to handle Texas without Mitch Kabongo. 5] Better to risk a one game loss in conference than a bunch of missed conference games by Ben due to aggravating his injury. 6] Next game would be at Kansas State, which would allow eight full days of recovery time. 7] If the ankle responds and is OK...well then ....NEVER MIND!! :)

PS Personally, I'll be surprised if he doesn't play!!

Kevin Huffman 1 year, 3 months ago

Got a question. Anyone know how to find all the roster information from older teams.

Ludwig Supraphonic 1 year, 3 months ago

On a somewhat related topic: Recently, ESPN raised their fees for their radio network affiliates and the two local Cumulus sports shows are with CBS. Today, their expert was Mateen Cleaves, who provided a smidgen of NCAA hoops amidst constant Pro Playoff blather. Asked about potential NC contenders, Mateen gave the expected praise to BIG coaching, teams and players. KU's McLemore was given one brief comment.

So local coverage has transitioned from ESPN which is dominated by Syracuse staffers; and an array of BIG and ACC formers and worshippers, to another set of BIG-Ex's. KU has an outstanding School of Journalism. Why are we so under-represented in the sports press?

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 3 months ago

This is off-topic but I found it amusing. A coworker and friend of mine who happens to be a big-time KSU homer posted on his facebook today celebrating the 7th anniversary of "59-55".

I thought that it was comical that he and his buddies were celebrating this anniversary because it means that they haven't beaten us at home since.

It's just unbelievable that Bill Self has only lost 7 games at home since he took over in 2003.

In the last 10 years only Richmond, Iowa State, Oral Roberts, Nevada, Kansas State, Texas A&M, and Texas have beaten Kansas in Allen Fieldhouse. I wonder what the other top programs' records are at home over the same span...

TexasRockChalk 1 year, 3 months ago

BigManU ~ Nice posts. I agree with you on the server. Usually I access this site via my mobile device. I think there's a ton of traffic because Jayhawks everywhere are interested in the "State of the (KU) Union" so to speak ;-) aka Ben Mc.

I hope Austin is JAM PACKED with the Crimson & the Blue. Hopefully, we'll get to teach the Burnt Orange faithful the famous Rock Chalk chant at game's end. We will be there cheering on HCBS & Company.

HawkKlaw 1 year, 3 months ago

Whew, glad to hear BMac's okay. Last night he had what I'll call a "Brandon Rush Game" - he "quietly" lead both teams in scoring with 17 pts and somehow managed to nab 8 boards in the process.

Clearly KU's players got the memo from Bill Self about playing awful perimeter defense the past few games. Their defense effort last night was a true gem! And I agree with jaybate - that was a whale of a conference win.

I love the makeup of this team. It's an almost-perfect mix of talent and experience, defensive stoppers and offensive juggernauts, seven footers and sub-six footers, high-energy role players and high-scoring superstars. Bill Self has constructed a team that is, yet again, a favorite to go to the Final Four and win it all.

And this is why I don't do a whole lot of complaining when things go wrong for Bill Self. A history of losing early in the NCAA tournament? I don't hear anyone saying that anymore. Can't win the big one? Oh, he can. And he has. And he probably will again. Recruiting woes? Ancient history. We really do have the best coach in college basketball right here in Lawrence, KS.

AsadZ 1 year, 3 months ago

Question for board

Final box score from last night was 61-44 (17 point delta)

If given a choice would you have preferred the final score to be 93-76 (still 17 point delta)

AsadZ 1 year, 3 months ago

Damn, I have lost two posts now due to server problems

PVJayhawk 1 year, 3 months ago

Mac and other starters were still in with less than 3 min. to go and a 17 point lead:

1. Risks season-busting injury to star player.

2. Does not reward bench players for hard work and practice.

3. Does not develop bench players in real game situation for when they are needed later.

4. Why??

Jack Wilson 1 year, 3 months ago

My first thoughts when McLemore turned his ankle ... AW3 and the tournament.

What if this would have happened on a Thursday before a Saturday game in March? And all of a sudden, we need to play an extra perimeter player. And he's sat the bench most of the entire 2nd half of the season.

Rust? Lack of experience? Nerves? All when we need it most. At the most important time of the season.

SDSurferFan 1 year, 3 months ago

-agree with Aloha..methodical. I would add surgical. And torturous for opposing teams/fans.
-rub some dirt on it? Very glad he'll be fine. -Ellis. True example of freshman turning into sophomores in Jan. -Ben. What a pleasure to watch. He easily is top freshman ever at KU (save Wilt?). Well...at least vs any of the new OADers. Not even a close 2nd. -KY. Great glue guy. But he's missing too many bunnies.
-EJ. Bounce to his step last night. Was more TT last night when he had to. IMO the most impt piece come March. -Ku v Wva. Coming to Lawrence to see grandma and go to game. RCJH! -SDSU v unlv. Will be at game Wed. Love my Aztecs but the difference in discipline and strategy with KU is staggering. Need to lower my expectations vs a Self coached team. - last bracket I saw had KU as 1 seed SDSU as 8. Would love a rd 2 match up. I guess I won't have to wait long as they will probably be playing next year anyway.

Chris Shaw 1 year, 3 months ago

-AirMcLemore-Talk about a quiet night from McLemore and he still had 17 points, 8 rebounds, 3 steals, and 2 blocks. That’s an amazing stat line for a guy IMO was pretty quiet in the game. McLemore still struggles at times in the half-court, but when he can get steals and get in the open court………Wow! I sure hope his ankle is okay! Scary moment for sure for all Kansas Fans!

-Relly-I thought Relly was fantastic defensively tonight. I thought he did a great job on Pierre Jackson tonight when he was on him. I think Relly’s length definitely bothered the shorter Jackson. You know, for the first time since the first couple of games, we witnessed a cold shooting night from Relly. I am shocked! I hope he snaps out of this shooting slump immediately. 

-Ellis-Standing Ovation for Perry Ellis tonight! Yes, he was 3-9 from the floor for only 6 points, but the guy was more aggressive than I’ve ever seen him before. He was all over the glass, had an awesome block on Austin, and was trying to do things differently in a more aggressive fashion on offense which was great to see.

-Traylor-Traylor was pretty damn efficient for his 7 minutes. He was everywhere defensively with 3 blocks and all over the glass with 3 boards. He definitely made an “Impact” when he was in the game. He gave up some easy buckets against Baylor’s “Big’s”, but he still made an impact which is great to see.

-AWIII-Didn’t do anything great and didn’t do anything bad. That’s all you can ask for from a guy who gets 4 meaningful minutes spelling some of KU’s guards.

Chris Shaw 1 year, 3 months ago

-You have to commend Kansas’ defensive efforts tonight. 10 steals and 13 blocks as a Team. Wow! On a night where Kansas wasn’t hitting shots in the half-court (Kansas was getting looks though), their defense turned into offensive transition was pretty darn good tonight.

• EJ-Despite the two fouls EJ picked up in the first four minutes, this was the best game I’ve seen EJ play all season. EJ was aggressive, he penetrated, he didn’t settle for perimeter shots, he was in the paint, he created for others, he cut down his turnovers, he went North/South with his dribble, and he was “Smart” when he played with two fouls in the first half. That is the EJ I have been waiting for. He didn’t have as many assists as previous games, but he didn’t have as many turnovers either. I’ll take this EJ.

-Tharpe-You know it’s funny…EJ and Tharpe are complete opposites. Regardless of the outcome, I like it when Tharpe penetrates. I like the fact he’s trying to make something happen and for the most part he does make good decisions when he’s in the middle of the trees in the paint. I can handle his turnovers as long as he’s trying to “Create”.

The part that is frustrating with Tharpe right now is his shot selection from behind the arc. His “Timing” of his shot attempts has been off in recent games. He’s definitely breaking up the flow with those shots. Now, his missed shots in the paint I don’t really have a problem with. You can tell he’s becoming more comfortable and confident dribbling with the ball in his hands. If Self can get Tharpe to make better decisions with his shot selection, Tharpe will be fine. Tharpe did have a nice tip in after the McLemore missed lay-up. He never gave up on the play which was great to see.

-Withey-The guy acts and looks like he is on stilts defensively. Great defensive effort by Withey. Withey still struggles offensively and it definitely showed tonight against another footer in Austin. Austin did a good job defensively against Withey, but then again Withey isn’t great offensively either. Withey is the man!

-KY-I think this is the KY we as fans expected from KY all season. The good part is that KY has elevated everybody’s expectations of him with his past play, which is good. Not a great night by him against taller players, but he was active and showed great energy as usual. Ellis definitely dipped into his minutes tonight.

cont'd

Chris Shaw 1 year, 3 months ago

Man, what is up with the server today?

HawksWin 1 year, 3 months ago

HEM, I share JB's cynicism since I don't recall Self declaring any injury to be serious, and we don't even know about those injuries (ie Johnson's or Taylor's knee) until right before or after the surgery. That said, I understand the disadvantageous of announcing (to opponents), so I can't blame Self. But I am a cautious skeptic when it comes to his comments on injuries. Just hope McLemore will recover fully and quickly.

HawksWin 1 year, 3 months ago

HEM, I share JB's sentiments given I have yet to hear Self declaring any serious injuries (ie Johnson or Taylor) until after the surgery. That said, I understand the disadvantageous of doing so and can't blame Self. Just hope the injury is minor as you proclaim.

clevelandjayhawker 1 year, 3 months ago

I kept waiting for Brent Musburger to make a comment about how good looking a woman was, seems like the closest he came to a harassment comment was about Hudy (which they butchered) working with Holly Rowe.

FearlessJayhawk 1 year, 3 months ago

When I saw Ben go down, I felt the whole season flash before my eyes. I don't want to see go down like other players we have had in the past, like Archie Marshall and others I can't think of their names. As far as the Texas game is concerned, things have really gone down hill in Austin. My Niece was able to buy four tickets for $10 a piece.

TXChalker 1 year, 3 months ago

I hope that Ben is able to play Sat. here in Austin. I am going and can't wait to see them live. There is a large KU fan base here and I will not be surprised if they aren't sold out. UT fans are not that loyal. The last game they only had 6200+ people there and earlier in the non-conference games they were selling tickets for $3 trying to get people there.
Rock Chalk Jayhawk GO KU!

KansasComet 1 year, 3 months ago

The only thing scary as far as KU is concerned is that they have not reached their full potential. The best is yet to come. We have three bench players that are not getting the type of minutes they had hoped for (Ellis, White III, and Adams), and another that is coming back from injury in Wesley. I believe this makes for spririted practices, which can only make this team better.

jaybate 1 year, 3 months ago

• Disruption Stat tells most again.

KU: 23:14

BU 14:14

KU didn't blew Baylor out. It guarded and disrupted them out.

Baylor's D Stat was good enough to beat most teams.

But KU's was stratospheric.

• For board rats that doubt Self sends them out flat with a rudimentary game plan some games, while amping them and giving them a sophisticated scheme, the prosecution wishes to enter the last two games as evidence that Self does exactly what you doubt.

• The dark lining to this silver cloud of a game was this: KU struggled almost as much scoring on Baylor's size as KU's opponents do on KU's size. Inference: if KU runs into a tall team, it better work on scoring on bigs.

• Jeff needs a new rule. Forget backing in and finishing strong against guys your size. The jump hook is your only path to offensive glory.

• EJ played well in many ways. Its scary to think how good he could be with good knees. Only a fabulous athlete could do what he is doing with those knees.

• Perry showed repeated signs of life. Perry really got after them. Poor shooting means nothing against footers.

• Kevin looked very good also, despite shooting problems against footers.

• Its crazy this team can win big shooting lousy from trey, when it's inside game is hampered by footers.

• A huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge win. A megillah of a win.

jaybate 1 year, 3 months ago

The responses about Ben's ankle are so positive that it's likely he will be having surgery after the season.

nostradavid 1 year, 3 months ago

a little ice, an elastic ankle brace and Ben will be back soon. He's tough.

you forgot the picture KJD

you forgot the picture KJD by nostradavid

KJD 1 year, 3 months ago

Alert: Debbie Downer post! It looked like it could be a high ankle sprain, which can be all together a different beast than a minor ankle sprain as when you role over your foot to the inside. He planted with his right foot with his heel up, the lower leg/foot quickly twists out though not too far yet with a lot of pressure, he hits the floor in immediate pain and grabs the outside of his leg above the ankle. He grabs just above his high-top like he is holding it where it hurts. I've looked at it several times and he definitely did not roll to the inside over his foot. Only the doctors will know through testing and we are all hoping for the very best for Ben.

High ankle sprains can be a long term nightmare or he could be back for the Texas game. High ankle sprains can haunt a player until they can rest it without practice or playing games. There is quite a range of severity, at worst it includes bone displacement so his ability to walk is great news. Either way that kind of injury does not swell much at all.

I thought twice, jeez, even three times about posting this observation because it's a total Debbie Downer perspective though it's clearly what you'll see if you watch the tape. So yes, I'm hopeful, very hopeful, though there is still an element of worry for how long he might be out.

Alohahawk 1 year, 3 months ago

Great game, for everyone. I think Self would have preferred beating them (read, Scott) by even more, but am sure he is delighted everytime he beats Baylor. This was a very methodical beatdown.

Hopeyour ankle injury is minor and that you're back to 100 % soon, Ben,

Check out the story on Jamari Traylor running on ESPN.com, their NCAA BB page. Great background imfo on his trials and tribulations, during his youthful, pre-KU days.

Konkis Dongington III 1 year, 3 months ago

That was one hell of a scare. Glad to see he only rolled the ankle. That coulda been our post season right there.

Brendan Connolly 1 year, 3 months ago

What a dominant defensive statement. Ignore the missed shots and only look at shots made and blocked and we hold them to 50%.....13 blocks and 13 field goals made. They hade the same likely hood of getting blocked as making a basket....that is ridiculous.

Joel Thomas 1 year, 3 months ago

Seems as if Ben will be all right. Next in line for now, but of course everyone will keep an eye on Ben.

akgjenkintown 1 year, 3 months ago

Downer seeing Ben in pain. The season rides on the all the Jayhawks staying healthy. Depth still is not there off the bench, so any games lost by the starters could be a big issue.