Saturday, February 16, 2013

Jayhawks fired up to win one for Mario Chalmers

Kansas guard Mario Chalmers elevates for a three-pointer in the remaining seconds of regulation Monday, April 7, 2008 at the Alamodome in San Antonio. Chalmers swished the three to send the game into overtime.

Kansas University senior center Jeff Withey will be in the locker room with his teammates and coaches, resting and receiving instruction at halftime of tonight’s KU-Texas game in Allen Fieldhouse.

Thus, he won’t have a courtside view of Mario Chalmers’ jersey No. 15 being hung in the rafters.

That’s OK. He and his teammates were able to mingle with Chalmers at practice Friday and will have a chance to visit with him again today either before or after the 8 p.m. Big 12 battle.

“Mario and the Miracle ... The Shot,” Withey exclaimed, well aware of Chalmers’ role in KU winning the 2008 national championship. “We all look up there (every home game to watch a pre-game video that includes Chalmers sending the Memphis game into overtime).

“It’s awesome he gets to come back and get his jersey retired. We’ll be playing for him and hopefully get that win for him, also.”

Yes, there is a game to be played tonight between the Jayhawks (20-4, 8-3) and Longhorns (11-13, 3-8). UT is 1-0 with sophomore sensation Myck Kabongo, who missed the first 23 games because of NCAA suspension.

However, there are lots of side stories as well: Chalmers’ jersey retirement; ESPN’s “GameDay” being in town; the return of NBA players Marcus and Markieff Morris, Thomas Robinson and Nick Collison, who will be seated behind the bench; the visit of prize high school senior recruit Julius Randle; as well as the possibility of 7-footer Withey becoming the all-time leading shot blocker in Big 12 history.

Withey, who is KU’s single-season and career record holder, enters with 263 blocks — one behind Chris Mihm of Texas, who had 264 from 1998 to 2000.

“No, I don’t expect that at all,” Withey said, asked if he thought Mihm would be on hand to watch his Longhorns and also congratulate Withey if he nets a block or two. “It’s definitely an honor, something that’s cool and I’m excited about. I want to be able to beat it so it lasts 20-30 years, something like that, not so somebody next year can beat it or the year after that. It’s something special, and I’m proud of it. I need to put some distance on that.”

Withey had 14 points, nine rebounds and three blocks in KU’s 64-59 victory over Texas on Jan. 19 in Austin, Texas. Kabongo, a 6-1, 180-pounder from Toronto who is expected to be a first-round pick in the 2013 NBA Draft, did not play in that contest.

“He is a great player,” Withey said. “Whenever you get somebody back, it brings more energy to your team and confidence. It will be a tough Texas team to beat. It was a tough game in Austin. It’ll be tough here. He’s a great player. He’ll bring a lot to their team.”

Kabongo scored 13 points, with seven assists, four rebounds and four turnovers while playing 35 minutes in Wednesday’s 89-86 double-overtime victory over Iowa State in Austin.

“Kabongo definitely makes a difference from a speed standpoint,” KU coach Bill Self said. “They can play (Kabongo) and Felix (Javan, 5-10 freshman, six points, four assists vs. KU) together. They can change the pace and do some different things when they put the two little guards in there together.”

As far as the big picture entering today’s action ... seven teams in the Big 12 appear to have a shot at the title with seven games to play.

KU, Oklahoma State and Kansas State are tied at 8-3; Oklahoma and Baylor are 7-4; Iowa State is 6-5; and West Virginia is three back at 5-6.

“Every team that’s tied controls its own destiny. There may be five teams that actually control their own destiny, whether they win the league or not,” Self said. “Obviously, the games that we have left, beginning Saturday with a Texas team that’s playing really, really well, we have set ourselves up for a journey that is a great opportunity, and it will certainly test us. We can know a lot more about ourselves moving forward into the postseason on how we react within the next month.”

KU, which has won eight straight league titles, obviously cannot afford another home loss (to go with loss to OSU) with road tests remaining at Okie State, Iowa State and Baylor.

“We’ve got some more confidence after the game Monday,” Withey said of an 83-62 home Big Monday victory over K-State that snapped a three-game skid. “We’re trying to build off that. We went through a rough area last week. That’s over. We had a couple good days of practice. We’re just trying to get our flow back.”

A fired-up Withey had 17 points, 10 rebounds, five blocks and two steals against KSU.

“After losing three in a row, I was pretty mad going into that game,” Withey said, asked about the scowl on his face in the early going. “Texas is a great team, and we’re looking forward to playing them. Hopefully we can all be aggressive.”

Aldrich honored in Minnesota: Former KU center Cole Aldrich of the Houston Rockets had his jersey No. 45 retired at his high school alma mater, Bloomington (Minn.) Jefferson High, Friday night.

Shaking: The Jayhawks filmed their “KU Basketball Harlem Shake” video before practice Friday. It can be viewed at http://bit.ly/XaRTjs

Randle in the house: Julius Randle, a 6-9, 240-pound power forward from Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano, Texas, is slated to attend tonight’s game. Randle is considering KU, Texas, Florida, Kentucky, N.C. State and Oklahoma.

GameDay schedule: ESPN “GameDay” will air two shows today in Allen Fieldhouse. The morning telecast begins at 9 on ESPNU. Doors to Allen Fieldhouse open at 7 a.m. Admission is free. The show continues from 10 to 11 a.m. on ESPN. ESPN also will televise a show from 7 to 8 p.m., from the fieldhouse floor. A ticket to the 8 p.m. KU-Texas game is required to watch that segment of the show in person.

On Friday, ESPN analyst and former Notre Dame coach Digger Phelps said he wishes “GameDay” could come to Lawrence every year.

“A few years ago we were here, when I saw the ‘Star Spangled Banner’ with the trumpets, then you see them (fans) going, ‘Rock Chalk, Jayhawk, KU,’ and the acoustics, you get goose bumps,” Phelps said. “I said to Bill on the phone the next day, ‘I’d have those recruits in on Saturday night because you can forget Cameron, you can forget the Smith Dome, you can forget Pauley, it’s all about you, baby.’

“They had a three-game losing streak (entering Monday’s KSU game). As soon as that game started, the crowd was not going to let those guys let up the other night against Kansas State. It was the crowd, the sixth man that got this team to recapture what it lost. That’s the best of this place. It’s second to none as far as I’m concerned.”

Frankamp record: Wichita North senior shooting guard Conner Frankamp, a Kansas basketball signee, scored 37 points Friday night against Wichita Carroll, setting the Wichita City League individual career scoring record of 2,233 points.

He broke current KU freshman Perry Ellis’ record of 2,231 points.

The state individual career scoring record is 2,554 points, held by Josh Reid of Brewster (1993-96).

Comments

Joe Satterwhite 6 years, 1 month ago

So wait is Mihm supposed to be at the game?

dsarkett 6 years, 1 month ago

Does anyone have 2 extra tickets to sell tomorrow, I would really love for my son Chalmers to be able to experience Mario Chalmers getting his jersey retired

Miguel Colón 6 years, 1 month ago

You named your son Chalmers? If so...AWESOME!

yates33333 6 years, 1 month ago

How old is your son? Wish I had tickets, I'd give them to you.

dsarkett 6 years, 1 month ago

He is 9 months old. I waited to long to get tickets. I was not for sure if it would be fun for him, but since I named him after Mario, I figured it was only right for him to be at tonight game

TheStonesSuck 6 years, 1 month ago

With a name like Alexander Kaun, your son is very likely to take over the world. I hope he's a merciful ruler.

Redlandsjhawk 6 years, 1 month ago

I wanted to name my son Raef in "97 but I didn't win that one. Still regret it to this day and so does he!

Steve Zimmerman 6 years, 1 month ago

Not to take away Super Mario's credit, but IMHO, Sherron's jersey should be there, too. The same for Arthur's, Kaun's, Rush's, etc. At the same time. It's the whole Dream Team that won KU the trophy. Just sayin'.

Tim Marshall 6 years, 1 month ago

Sherron's could be there one day but he hasn't been gone for 5 years yet.

JayHok 6 years, 1 month ago

The KU pregame video is as good as it gets. It would be interesting to see the crowd's reaction to slip in Collin's key steal and three. Split it away from Chalmers shot by a minute or so. Our fans are so in entrenched in the key plays that made victory happen that I would be interested to see the crowd reaction. Mario's shot was obviously the icing over the future NBA rookie of the year's fingertips.

Phoggy_Notion 6 years, 1 month ago

Lets reel it in on the jersey retirements. Keep in mind that individual achievements is what gets the jersey hung. Besides, there is a national championship banner that commemorates the team.

actorman 6 years, 1 month ago

It makes perfect sense to have Mario's jersey retired. It would be tempting to retire it just for THE SHOT alone, but Mario was a tremendous player in so many ways, and maybe the best clutch shooter I've ever seen at KU. It's a well-deserved honor.

ccarp 6 years, 1 month ago

What was the old criteria? Chalmers made it old school with Final Four MVP. I think you had to be player of the year, Final Four MVP, or like 2 or 3 time All American. Amazing to have such temendous tradition! Rock Chalk!

Phoggy_Notion 6 years, 1 month ago

I am not suggesting that Chalmers doesn't deserve to have his jersey retired. Having won a national title, 3x big 12 champion/1st team big 12/final 4 mvp + NBA champion, I understand why his name going up (need to keep our headliners fresh). I'm referring to the additional players that were on the team

Kyle Cornish 6 years, 1 month ago

Agreed... Just because someone was a really good player doesn't mean we should retire the jersey. Only all-time GREATS. We throw around great too much and too easily.

KansasComet 6 years, 1 month ago

I always wondered if we could have repeated if Chalmers and Authur had stayed one more year? I thought Authur was unguardable on the college level. I still remember when he carved up the eventual Champs Florida with 19 points and 9 boards in just 16 minutes In Las Vegas his Freshman Year. Chalmers, of course the name says it all, he is a winner. However, I am sure they did what was best for them, and I greatly appreciated the time they spent at KU!

actorman 6 years, 1 month ago

Your point is well-taken; of course there are plenty of other teams that have been thinking the same type of thing since the "leaving early" era began. It's not like KU would have players coming back and no one else would.

KansasComet 6 years, 1 month ago

Was anyone else trying to repeat in 2008-2009? That is my main point.

texashawk10 6 years, 1 month ago

I honestly don't think KU would've been able to repeat because there would've been a major lack of front court depth because if Chalmers and Arthur stayed, the Morris twins aren't on the roster most likely and KU is then stuck with Quintrell Thomas and Matt Kleinmann playing major minutes off the bench.

colreader 6 years, 1 month ago

I know I'm in the minority here but Authur was the key to the victory. He scored what? 22 pts? He was the difference because he didn't usually score that much.

tis4tim 6 years, 1 month ago

There are more subplots and sidebars in this game than an episode of "CHiPS".

Beating Texas and Rick Barnes is always a joy, but to be able to snatch away one their recruits, erase Mihm's conference block record all the while playing in front of the game day crew as Mario's jersey is lifted to the rafters has me geeked for this game. Circumstances surrounding this one add up to a beat down of epic proportions for the good guys and tip off can't get here soon enough!

Rock Chalk!

ollerfarm 6 years, 1 month ago

I just enjoyed beating Missouri so very very much. It's really hard to top beating the Mizzourians.

carolinajay 6 years, 1 month ago

Of course Mario's clutch basket was one for the ages, but, for me, the previous semifinal game was the best. There is no thing finer than being in Caroliner when the Hawks dismantle UNC.

ollerfarm 6 years, 1 month ago

Beating Ole Roy and UNC could well be up there with beating MU!

VailHawk 6 years, 1 month ago

Beating Mizzery is the best and I have a hunch the selection committee knows, too. But, beating down UNC was sooooo much fun, also. Packers last final 4 I think? "This game is OVER!"

jhkprd 6 years, 1 month ago

Congratularions to Connor Frankamp. I think in time he will become an excellent Jayhawk.

Jack Wilson 6 years, 1 month ago

The most important aspect of today's game is Julius Randle's visit.

You can only have one .. a win today or Julius Randle joining the Jayhawks next season? Easy.

The urgency of adding a ready to play, top flight post player is highlighted by 1) Perry Ellis' subpar play and lack of production, 2) Traylor as a guy with obvious limitations, who needs lots of work and time, 3) Lucas being a complete unknown as a redshirt, and 4) Embiid, while recent reviews have been terrific (see ESPN scouting report), is likely to be at best a first big off the bench guy next season.

Right now, is there anyone we can say will be a solid post player that we have returning?

Sure, there will be posters that say definitively what Randle is doing. They don't know. Dave Telep at ESPN, who has a pretty good track record of predicting, says Randle is coming to KU. But it's all guess work. No one knows what is important to recruits -- go to UK and get lost in a sea of 5 McDonald's AA's? Go to NC State and be second fiddle in your own state for a perennial underachiever? Go to Texas and play in a half empty arena for a so-so coach, and be an asterisk to football? Go to OU and have zero chance at a Final Four? Go to Florida, and play in a stale arena at another football school? (To me, though, Fla. is the only real alternative to KU).

Or come to KU. Be the focal point of our offense. Play for a team that emphasizing feeding the post over all other aspects of the game. Play in the best arena, in front of the best fans in the nation (just watch the video from last Monday's pregame). Play for an elite program. Play on a team that is always a Final Four contender. Play on a team that puts big guys in the NBA year after year.

If the decision is based on logic, this is not difficult.

By the way, great week of posts. I've been hammered at work and haven't been able to contribute much. But that might have increased the level of discussion a bit ...

VailHawk 6 years, 1 month ago

Welcome back HEM. But I was kinda planning on both a beatdown of the shorthorns and a impromptu hat ceremony after the game where Randle puts on a KU hat!

Bville Hawk 6 years, 1 month ago

My thought, too. Maybe HEM works at the Jim Beam distillery or some brewery and it's part of the job?

Jack Wilson 6 years, 1 month ago

Uh, "busy" at work .. poor choice of words. But not a bad idea, given some of my days recently.

Boouk 6 years, 1 month ago

HEM, I think if we miss out on Randle then Embiid's a starter next season. He may not even be our second best big at the beginning of the season, but by the Big 12 Tournament he could be our best big.

Jack Wilson 6 years, 1 month ago

Seriously, everything that can be read on Embiid indicates a guy that might be exactly what you say he is. And with our team next season, it would be reasonable to assume a slow starting team that builds momentum with experience near the end of the season.

Ron Franklin 6 years, 1 month ago

I hope Randle reads this post. It's convincing.

Steve Gantz 6 years, 1 month ago

See my post below on this subject but do you think that bringing in a OAD is good for the program?

Jack Wilson 6 years, 1 month ago

Right, you never know on the rotation. Ellis has certainly not been where we thought he'd be right now. Randle would just make the post look more stable. He's a top tier, near-NBA ready guy now. Seems perfect to take a bit of the pressure of Ellis next season .. so Ellis doesn't have to feel like "the man" down low.

Kevin Huffman 6 years, 1 month ago

If you DO land Randle, then the other needn't be prolific offensively. It'll be interesting to see....they could go "small" and let Randle actually play the "5" so that would likely mean P. Ellis or Traylor would get to start or they could go more conventional - Randle plays the T.Rob - albeit a better outside shooter / scorer from the get-go & Embiid or Lucas battle it out for that more traditional C-spot.

Kye Clark 6 years, 1 month ago

Yes welcome back HEM. I know how it is to get busy with work & home activities, but did catch myself wondering during the EJ-Tharpe debates "where is HEM? He'd surely have something to add to this".

No doubt landing Randle is huge for next year's potential success. I had posted several of the points you mention earlier this week (just about his game and not relative to any of his other potential suitors).

dsarkett 6 years, 1 month ago

Does anyone know if you have to have a ticket for an infant if they are going to be sitting in your lap

Ron Franklin 6 years, 1 month ago

I really hope you get your tickets, but be sure to get some ear protection for the little guy. Call the ticket office and see if they have a ticket now. I would not think there will be any available tonight...

Good luck, and Rock Chalk

Woody Cragg 6 years, 1 month ago

Nice post HEM, you always nail the "3". If the Randle show is impressionable at all, the carnival of gameday & all the postgame NBA meet & greets he will encounter, added to a Bevo beatdown, should be the correct formula to tip the pendulum to KU's way. There will also be a boatload of NBA scouts attending as usual & if that combination doesn't make him lick his chops...Why anyone with a team first mentality wants to play for a different university, I'll never know. Just maybe that is it-team first opposed to me first. At Kansas they know what they're getting, the birthplace & cradle of the game, & a chance to become all they can ever dream possible. Now...let the beatdown begin!

Steve Gantz 6 years, 1 month ago

KU's the only place they play team basketball?

Tom Longhofer 6 years, 1 month ago

I'm a little surprised Digger does not mention his own experiences in Allen. The 1974 game was a memorable one. ND had just beat UCLA and was ranked #1. John Shumate, Gary Brokaw, Adrian Dantley, and Billy Paterno, I believe. KU had Danny Knight, Roger Morninstar, Norm Cook, Dale Greenlee, Tom Kivisto, Rick Suttle and Tommy Smith. I believe we lost by four points and ND knew they were in a war. The was a mass streak on campus after the game.

AQM37 6 years, 1 month ago

You must have a ticket for an infant of any age, even if they're six weeks old and strapped to your chest in a baby bjorn or equivalent device with no capacity to individually occupy a space or meaningfully expand your required space once seated.

There is a supervisor posted at each entry that wears a permanent "I WANT TO EAT YOUR BABY!" face, who will rush to the door upon first sight of your little one to ensure that no unwitting ticket taker inadvertently allows unsanctioned passage.

The policy seems really ridiculous after you buy a ticket for your little one, get to your seats, and there's a 600lb person holding a single ticket sitting in your row and occupying three seats, forcing others to endure actual discomfort and inconvenience.

As an added bonus, the official policy should you find yourself in such a predicament is for YOU to find a new seat, because you obviously did not arrive early enough to claim yours. :)

If you do being your kid to a game (which is actually really rewarding even at a very young age, despite the aforementioned things) do bring ear protection for the little one. It's very loud. And keep his or her limbs well contained. Nobody likes being kicked or hit while trying to enjoy the game. Apologize profusely if a jab accidentally slips through.

dsarkett 6 years, 1 month ago

Do you know if you can pay for a child at the box office

dylans 6 years, 1 month ago

The ear protection for the little guys is a must. Great advice.

I don't mind a few knocks from an excited kid its the dad-gum adults with no common courtesy that bother me. That fat bozo that takes up three spaces and talks about work the entire game. The overly rich woman that sits front and center (really good seats and she has 'em year to year) and doesn't look at the court more than 5 minutes of any game because she's yapping the ear off of the poor soul next to her. Those things bother me, but it could be because I view being in Allen Fieldhouse as being in Mecca. There can't possibly be, in those 2 hours, anything more important than the game at hand, barring any real tragedy that occurs during the game(don't answer your phone).

dsarkett 6 years, 1 month ago

Do you know if kids just need a GA ticket

AQM37 6 years, 1 month ago

A GA ticket is sufficient to let your lap child sit with you anywhere in the Fieldhouse. You can buy one at the box office if the game isn't sold out. Today's probably is. Fortunately, for most games except the big ones, you can usually buy a single GA ticket online a couple days beforehand for $25 or less.

adamjhwkfan 6 years, 1 month ago

Probably one of the best things I've seen in a while! Hilarious!

Steve Gantz 6 years, 1 month ago

Not sure if I'm too excited about Randle anymore. An article yesterday (sorry, I can't find the article now) said that he wishes they didn't require players to enroll in college before playing in the NBA, in other words, he's probably a 1 and done. I'm pretty traditional and would love to see these kids enjoy their college days and play in an environment that in many ways is going to be more exciting than what they'll experience in the NBA.

JHawk06 6 years, 1 month ago

This is an interesting story. Hopefully Randle would not be a 'me first' type of player...

Kevin Huffman 6 years, 1 month ago

My preferrence was K.Shepherd. I thought we were SURE to land him & was STUNNED when he signed on at TCU.

Jack Wilson 6 years, 1 month ago

Would you rather have Shepherd now, or Embiid? If we would have landed Shepherd, we surely wouldn't have gotten Embiid.

Jack Wilson 6 years, 1 month ago

I think you bring up a great point. No, a one and done is not my first choice. But it is where we are now. kd, myself, and some others during the recruiting process would have preferred a longer term player. kd mentioned Jermaine Lawrence. That would have been perfect. I have posted that I'd rather have the multiple year guys, but not ones outside top 50. Guys just outside of OADs. Guys that are high talent. Guys that aren't presumed to get to the NBA. Guys that have to work hard to ensure a first round draft spot.

Exactly what we got in our recruiting class, aside from "no rank Frank."

The only question on Embiid is whether he will be ready next season. I'm becoming more optimistic everytime I read something. Randle and Ellis starting, with Embiid first off the bench and the Lucas/Traylor winner would be a pretty workable situation down low.

Ron Franklin 6 years, 1 month ago

Taking my 8 year old to his first game today. He's pretty excited, but he THINKS he is going to cheer for Texas ( biological dad is from Texas). Little does he know the great conversion to blue-blood has commenced!

Nope, I'm not one to coerce his beliefs at all--I just trust that this trip to Basketball Mecca will do all of the work for me:

watching the video, meeting the players, seeing and hearing the crowd, greatess in the rafters, the PHOG, feelng the building shake--an all to the sum of a Texas beatdown.

Let's earn us a couple new Jayhawks today fellas: starting with my boy and ending with Julius Randle.

theend 6 years, 1 month ago

So....what is the 6:00 PM game on ESPN and how long to you think we will miss of the KU game this time? 10 minutes? 15? 25?

I wish ESPN would somehow figure out that college basketball games usually take more than 2 hours.

TexasRockChalk 6 years, 1 month ago

Dear Julius:

As a fellow DFW Resident and proud graduate of KU, I'd like to share with you a little bit about the tradition and lore you'd be passing up if you decline a scholarship to THE University of Kansas.

First, there is the fact basketball was invented by Dr. James Naismith, a fact we've no doubt been inundated with countless times. However, it bears repeating. You would forego an opportunity to stroll down the avenue named after the INVENTOR of college basketball? Really?

Second, you'd be passing up one of the most beautiful campuses you'll ever see. Campanile on a bright Spring morning -- there isn't a lovelier sight. It's been said God has his breakfast out on that hill.

Thirdly, you'd miss out on the MOST passionate fan base and adulation of tens of thousands of KU grads around the world. Sure, some may talk of Kentucky and Adolph Rupp. Guess where he went to school? Yep, KU. Others may then bring up Carolina blue and their proud head coach who built their programme into a powerhouse. Guess where HE went to school and grew up? Yes, once again, Kansas.

Julius, you're a smart man, and I know you'll do the right thing, but if you need more convincing, I give you the words of Larry Brown, one of the most beloved coaches KU has ever had:

"There’s no better place to coach, there’s no better place to go to school, there’s no better place to play (than Kansas).”

Again, please do the right thing and I'll take you to Bob's Chop and Steakhouse in Dallas. :)

Dan Harris 6 years, 1 month ago

Don't leave out the beautiful co-eds during the spring time!

theend 6 years, 1 month ago

The miracle shot of 2008? Not really. Mario was and is a great shooter......so I was not surprised that he made it. Still.....it was a clutch shot.

Me? What did I think at the time? Well.....I started out watching the game calmly on my sofa. By the end I was shaking and in a panic.....crouching behind the sofa on the floor......hoping.....praying.......I thought the shot was long when he let it go. But it was perfect.

What a night.

Beau Woolsey 6 years, 1 month ago

I saw somewhere that ku fans swarmed Randle at the airport

theend 6 years, 1 month ago

Those are the people that really scare me. Some people really need to get a life. I'm all for him......but to drive to an airport and swarm a potential player? Wow. Yikes.

Beau Woolsey 6 years, 1 month ago

Also I saw people on some boards saying rio is transferrin anyone have anything on the validity of that

Kevin Huffman 6 years, 1 month ago

I hope not!!! :( He'd fill the role Tharpe had this year as soon as next year possibly....emerg. backup PG.

I don't trust Frankamp or Mason in that capacity next season.....eventually? Maybe. But not next season.

Jack Wilson 6 years, 1 month ago

If you look at Adams on twitter, he's a complete drama queen. Obviously pretty immature. Wouldn't be surprised if he does transfer. But part of me thinks he just likes the attention.

Beau Woolsey 6 years, 1 month ago

I'm hoping to do the same thing for wiggins march 9th

Kip_McSmithers 6 years, 1 month ago

Anyone watch OU at Ok State? I hope we don't storm the court after beating an unranked team at home with their starting pg out.... They acted like its and upset.

TXJayhawkGrad 6 years, 1 month ago

Consider the source (Travis Ford et al).

Beau Woolsey 6 years, 1 month ago

Rio is very athletic and talented he could be the slasher we need he just needs to mature which will come

lancepaul 6 years, 1 month ago

Ben Kane 6 years, 1 month ago

i can't believe that Phelps said that, wish he had done it while he was on tv. gotta reel radle in today boys.

jbal32 6 years, 1 month ago

Thanks for the info man, I was hoping you were going to have some info to contribute. I read your post on Roberson, guess you were right about that.

jaybate 6 years, 1 month ago

"Most Crucial Questions for Tonight's Game"

• Will KU keep Kabongo from forcing help in the paint?

• Will Jay Bilas announce the stretch of minutes during each half that the refs will not call fouls to fit the games in the broadcast window?

• Will Paul Ruud bring Tina Fey?

• Will alias PeterGriffin post ominously again on Newell Post Live that shocking stories are soon to break?

jaybate 6 years, 1 month ago

jaybate, you suck! You read that game completely wrong. You are a troll. You need to run every step in Allen Field House.

Sincerely,