Monday, February 11, 2013

How Keegan voted: Feb. 11 AP college basketball ballot

The following is Lawrence Journal-World sports editor Tom Keegan's ballot for the Associated Press men's basketball poll on Feb. 12, 2013.

1. Miami (Fla.)
  20. Marquette
  21. Wisconsin
  22. Oregon
  23. Memphis
  24. UCLA
  25. Colorado State

Comments

Eric Baker 1 year, 6 months ago

Honestly, I agree with your KU placement, Keegan, more than the actual AP poll. I still thought 14th was a little too high, but in the right area.

PSM 1 year, 6 months ago

I agree. Think we should be in the late teens, early twenties

PSM 1 year, 6 months ago

What's funny is we beat two teams ranked ahead of us and lost to a team ranked behind us

Thomas Michaud 1 year, 6 months ago

Agree with mouseclicker ... about where I thought (hoped?) KU would be in this poll. It's just funny that there are these polls that take you through this emotional roller coaster just to prove the ups-and-downs of the majority of teams on any given night. While there are teams that can stay at the top (middle or bottom) all year, it seems more likely to see a team fluctuate a half-dozen spots throughout the year.

I can't say specifically why, I just cringe at the fact that Miami (FLA) and Florida are both in the top 10.

ucityjayhawk 1 year, 6 months ago

PSM-we've actually lost to 3 teams ranked behind us.

PSM 1 year, 6 months ago

I was kinda only talking about the top 25 ucityjayhawk.

Chris Shaw 1 year, 6 months ago

Hot damn Keegan! I like it! So...you were one of the 17 AP voters that gave Miami a #1 ranking. I would give you a great big bear hug if I could. Well done, sir.

Tom Keegan 1 year, 6 months ago

It's been a wild year to vote. I do think Miami crushing Duke by 27 points and leading the same conference by two games makes it tough for all those who put the Blue Devils ahead of the 'Canes to explain that one. Same for Pitt beating Georgetown by 28, but at least Georgetown is one game ahead of the Panthers in Big East standings.

bville_hawk 1 year, 6 months ago

Only a real tool would post a comment like yours.