Sunday, February 10, 2013

Director of basketball rules documentary to appear at screening

Kansas University’s Student Union Activities will host KU basketball super-fan Josh Swade for a movie screening and discussion at 2 p.m. Feb. 17 in Room 130 of Budig Hall on the KU campus.

Swade directed “There’s No Place Like Home,” the ESPN “30 for 30” documentary that chronicles his quest to bring James Naismith’s original rules of basketball to Lawrence. The upcoming event will feature a screening of “There’s No Place Like Home,” with live commentary by Swade. The event is free and open to the public.

Comments

PSM 1 year, 10 months ago

Gonna be kind of a bummer if we're 19-6.

jayhawkinnc 1 year, 10 months ago

I don't question Josh's love for KU and being a "superfan", but he said he only went to KU for one year. I wonder why he didn't stay for 4/5 years.

dylans 1 year, 10 months ago

I know people who love KU and have never set foot on campus.

jhawk613 1 year, 10 months ago

Do they claim to be the greatest living fan of KU?

I watched the documentary and the only thing I was impressed with was Phog Allen's family and the Booth family.

Swade was shamelessly self-promoting himself during the whole documentary.

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 10 months ago

I only went to KU for three years. I hope that I am not a lesser fan for it!

Jason Keller 1 year, 10 months ago

We're gonna beat Kstate. That is not a statement of encouragement or false confidence. I simply know who is on this team and what they are capable of. Travis, Elijah, Jeff and Ben were all highly recruited for a reason. They can ball. There is a reason we didnt recruit players on the KSU squad, they arent as good. We have better players, a better coach and the biggest darn home court advantage in all of basketball.

The only thing you people have to do is grab a cold drink, turn up the volume and enjoy the show because this is where the law of averages will come crashing down when we need it most.

Dont wish, dont hope and dont worry. BELIEVE.

kerbyd 1 year, 10 months ago

When I saw the title of this article I kept waiting to read something about Doc Sadler.

sleepy33 1 year, 10 months ago

Interesting that they are going to have the screening, the documentary is not terribly flattering to the KU administration.