Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Rising star Perry Ellis, KU freshmen turn heads at adidas camp

Kansas forward Perry Ellis flashes a rare smile as he is applauded by the Kansas fans after leaving the court following the Jayhawks' 88-73 win over Iowa State in the semifinal round of the Big 12 tournament on Friday, March 15, 2013 at the Sprint Center in Kansas City, Missouri.

Kansas University forward Perry Ellis had a close-up view as KU freshman teammate Wayne Selden drove baseline and put in a one-handed reverse jam during the adidas Nations camp last week in Los Angeles.

The only problem? Ellis was playing for the other team.

“You can’t really do anything (afterwards). Just go the other way,” Ellis said with a laugh. “That’s going to be great to have (at KU).”

Ellis, Selden and KU freshman center Joel Embiid all participated as counselors at the camp, giving instruction to younger players while also playing in camp counselor games against other collegians.

Ellis mostly went against Baylor’s Cory Jefferson, UCLA’s David and Travis Wear and Louisville’s Montrezl Harrell.

“I felt I did real well,” Ellis said. “I was just really trying to get better.”

Ellis was able to showcase his improving offensive game at the camp, which included beating opponents off the dribble and also knocking down mid-range shots.

He’s also working on becoming more aggressive as he transitions from bench player to starter this season.

The 6-foot-8 sophomore received positive reviews from social-media reports, with NBADraft.net tweeting Saturday that “KU guys Wayne Selden and Perry Ellis have been 2 of the most impressive performers here.”

“I’ve really been working hard. That’s just really showing it’s paying off,” Ellis said. “That really just makes me want to keep working and keep doing what I was doing.”

Ellis also calmed fears about his health after some tweets indicated he was injured during the camp.

While battling inside, Ellis was hit in the right thigh by one of the Wear twins’ knees.

“That game I was playing, it was hard to get out the soreness,” Ellis said. “But that’s about it, though. The next day, it was fine.”

Ellis wasn’t the only KU player who represented himself well.

DraftExpress.com raved about Selden, saying he was ... “One of the top performers here. Made shots, scored in transition, defended, played under control.”

“Wayne’s doing real well. Just attacking, knocking down shots,” Ellis said. “He was just playing aggressive.”

When asked what impressed him most about the 6-foot-5 Selden, Ellis said: “His body. That’s a big guard. Just how strong he is. He can do whatever he wants, really.”

ESPN analyst Fran Fraschilla also commented on Embiid, tweeting out that he had a “lot of potential” and noted that he’d seen the 7-footer hit a three-pointer.

“From what I saw, he was doing well,” Ellis said. “I think he has great moves. He can really fake a defender.”

Ellis, who made it back to his hometown of Wichita on Monday, said he’ll continue to work out there before school starts on Aug. 26.

Self talks NBA

KU coach Bill Self talked about the possibility of coaching in the NBA during an interview at the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame on Monday in Oklahoma City.

“It hasn’t really tempted me because I haven’t had that many people talk to me about it,” Self told Mike Baldwin of The Oklahoman newspaper. “But at some point and time, sure, I think it would (tempt me). It would be great to be able to match wits with the best athletes in the world, but I’m certainly happy where I’m at.

“I’m not saying I never would (coach in the NBA) but I’m locked in.”

The comments were similar to what Self said when he was asked about the NBA by ESPN’s Andy Katz during an interview on July 25.

“Well, nobody has really flirted with me. I’m not going to say no one has called,” Self told Katz. “I don’t believe there’s been a lot of interest. Personally I think I have one of the premier jobs in the world at any level. I think there’s a lot of jobs out there in the league that are hard jobs just like there are college jobs that are hard jobs. I’m blessed to be at a place I think we can attract good players year in and out.

“I think everybody thinks about it, coaching at the highest level, being able to test your skills of your trade against the so-called best of the best, with the best athletes to work with. That’s not anything that’s ever motivated me. I think everybody thinks about doing different things from time to time not to the point where there’s actually serious interest. There hasn’t been for me. Then again I haven’t been flirted with very much. I love where I’m at. You have been to Lawrence,” he said to Katz. “It’s a different place. As long as we can keep getting good players hopefully I can stick around awhile.”

Comments

Ian Emerson 1 year, 1 month ago

I am still so excited about Wayne. Sure we will be a force to be recond with but don't forget that next year we should be favorites to win it all. Not to mention with Marcus gone to the draft Wayne will be the dominant guard on the conference.

TheBoHawk 1 year, 1 month ago

Dude... Selden will be gone after this year.

Cameron Cederlind 1 year, 1 month ago

Marcus Smart is still in college . . .

Ron Prichard 1 year, 1 month ago

I think he meant after this year. Smart will be gone in 2014.

John Randall 1 year, 1 month ago

Do you reckon that after doing some recon?

Dirk Medema 1 year, 1 month ago

Wayne will neutralize Smart. Marcus may dominate the rest of the conference again this year because he is so much stronger than the other options at PG, but not against KU. I do realize that Wayne doesn't play the 1, but you can count on him defending Smart.

okiedave 1 year, 1 month ago

Perry Ellis got his legs last year and system down. I project OSU is going to be very disappointed as a runner up as Big XII champs. K.U. is going to have a terrific team with a Final 4 appearance.

No worries about Self leaving Lawrence. Larry Brown has probably schooled Self on the pros and cons of that journey. Self's success as a coach has much to do with where he coaches. Bill is too smart to turn this gig over to somebody else.

TheBoHawk 1 year, 1 month ago

So he makes a run to the E8 with TULSA...wins 2 Big10 confrence titles, recruits Deron Williams and gets back to the E8 with Illinois...then procedes to dominate the Big XII. We're talking 9 years straight conference champs.. Not to mention 2 F4's, then he did what Roy couldn't with more talent (a'la the 97,01-03 teams): GIVE our beloved KU a National Championship in '08 and a National Runner-up in 2011-'12 with team that "should have" just barely made it in the Tourney... 2x National coach of the year with KU, to boot... dude you are way off on your conclusions about who needs who here in Lawrence. Bill Self is the second best coach in KU history..and may prove to be the best yet.

Ted Hume 1 year, 1 month ago

I think it's pretty crystal clear from Self's carefully worded and rather extensive comments that the day will come when he gets the offer he wants- only a choice gig with a team that has solid footing as a contender)- at the right time- after bringing home another NC perhaps, and of course he will leave someday. Just as coack K has always said he's never want to leave Duke (and won't), and Roy's probably not an NBA guy, Self is more like... gulp... Cal in the respect that at some point once he's decided it feels right, he's got the itch to experience the league. That's just what he's telling us now. Laying the groundwork and all...We all need to be realistic and prepared for that day- two years, five years, who knows- but when it happens, being "locked into" a contract won't be a factor. Most of us here will be sad but never feel the outrage we felt for Roy, because how could you with Self?

jgkojak 1 year, 1 month ago

I think he'll wait for 1) Tyler to graduate, and 2) another NC

If he has his two NCs (something no other KU coach had done), is 2nd in wins and yrs to Allen, I'm guessing he goes to work with his pals in San Antonio or goes home to the Thunder.

nuleafjhawk 1 year, 1 month ago

No outrage here - i would just think he's dumber than I ever gave him credit for.

Jim Erickson 1 year, 1 month ago

Perry Ellis will leave KU as one of the all time greats.

Year one he did well getting his feet wet. Year two he will be in a dynamic duo with Wiggens. Years 3-4 (if he stays) this will be his show.

Dirk Medema 1 year, 1 month ago

2 I's

Same for Selden - 2 E's

And don't count out Wayne as part of the terrific triplet.

KansasComet 1 year, 1 month ago

I don't if Coach Self will ever leave KU ato coach somewhere else. Doubtful that he would leave before his son graduates. The only two NBA teams I could see him coaching are The Thunder or The Spurs. He appears to be happy where he is.

The great thing about this year's squad is that it could be anyone's game to dominate. There's at least 8 players with the potential to go for 15+ on any given night. Selden, Ellis, White III, Greene, Tharpe, Frankamp, Embiid, and Wiggins. Can't say who will do what, but it will be fun to find out.

Mel Clare 1 year, 1 month ago

Like your thinking! I would like something along the lines of Selden, Ellis and Wiggins AVG 14 to 17 points EACH!!! That would leave WhiteIII, Greene and Frankamp to slide into the rotation at 6 to 10 points each on most nights, depends on who is hot! Tharpe? Lets hope he has a a/t ratio of about 3.7 to 1.we could live with that I think, because Selden and Frankamp can also play point. Embid just needs to be the sweeper.......clean glass and play D..........PLUS!!!!!!! You also have Black down low and I think Lucas is going to surprise this year! Did you forget about Mason? He will probably end up as backup PG! So, who do you think will hit the 30 mark this year in a game? I would choose Wiggings, Frankamp or Ellis..................

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 1 month ago

We're all Wiggings out about bball season, but I would be incredibly surprised if Frankamp dumps 30 on anyone, especially on anyone in the Big 12.

TheBoHawk 1 year, 1 month ago

I think Traylor- the oft forgotten- will be much improved as well.. I think, given minutes, he could do some decent things on offense.

REHawk 1 year, 1 month ago

Comet, you had best not forget Black...at least, prior to January league play. In my mind, that makes nine 15+ pt. potentials.

KansasComet 1 year, 1 month ago

I'm with you, that's why I said "at least 8...". Black can ball.

JayHawkFanToo 1 year, 1 month ago

I don't have high hopes for Black. He did not do much, in relation to the hype, in his last year at Memphis (did not start) where the talent competing for playing time was considerably less than the talent for this edition of the KU team. He will likely play more at the beginning of the season but Embiid and Lucas will play more as the season goes on.

Dirk Medema 1 year, 1 month ago

Last year was an internal squabble at Memphis. Expect big improvements on the previous year. He will be a rock coming out of the gate, and by February a super sub at both the 4 & 5 as Embiid hits his Ellis-stride.

John Randall 1 year, 1 month ago

"There's at least 8 players with the potential to go for 15+"

Even better, they all want to be complete players, with the scoring scoring just coming where it comes. Domination that matters is on the team scoreboard, not the individual stats.

Michael Johnson 1 year, 1 month ago

If, and when HCBS decides to leave, We will get the best young coach out there. We can reload coaches just like we reload players. I hope he stays another 10 years though. 800 wins is reachable.

Robert Brown 1 year, 1 month ago

I think it is naive to assume that we will be able to replace Bill Self without losing a step. I'm sure UCLA felt that way after Wooden; Indiana after Knight; UNC after Smith and Kentucky after Pitino to name a few. All of these schools took a step back after their coach departed.

We have been spoiled by the 25 years of sustained excellence under Williams and Self. It is almost unprecedented and we cannot expect it will continue after Bill Self.

I think it is important to understand that the coach is more important factor to success than the name of the institution.

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 1 month ago

Hou nailed it. Just because we're the birthplace of modern basketball coaching doesn't mean that our next head man can just continue the magical ride that we're on. There's really nothing magical about it. We've been very lucky to have three of the best coaches in the game coach here over the last 30 years.

We are always talking here about who the next coach should be. Mark Turgeon? Tad Boyle? Danny Manning? Jacque Vaughn? Shaka Smart? Brad Stevens? None of these guys are as good as Bill Self right now. Maybe one day one of them will be, but not right now, in my opinion. We could have just as easily done like UK and hired Billy Gillispie when he was a rising star.

Please someone who remembers it better than me chime in. If Self had headed to Mizzou when they hired Quinny Snyder instead, who else was on the search list when Williams departed?

DCJayhawk0208 1 year, 1 month ago

Mark Few and Ernie Kent, I believe. Maybe Tom Crean?

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 1 month ago

Thanks for the assist DC.

Mark Few could have been a solid hire, but no one's enticed him away from Gonzaga yet. Ernie who? Tom Crean? No thanks.

Ted Hume 1 year, 1 month ago

Crean, Few, Majerus, were short listers, I believe. Majerus had the enormous handicap of his weight-related health issue, as we sadly saw, (and probably not a stellar recruiter) but the guy could COACH,and his players loved him...

Robert Brown 1 year, 1 month ago

None of the guys mentioned would have been a slam dunk for success. Mark Turgeon has been OK. He took over a A&M team that was already well established. Maryland is an afterthought in the ACC.

Let's be honest, as much as we love the tradition of KU basketball, living in Kansas is not for everyone. That is why Bill Self is perfect for KU.

From post- Wilt to the hiring of Larry Brown, KU basketball was really nothing special from a national perspective. Between 1960 and 1986, KU won or shared only six conference championships. Ted Owens got us to a couple of Final Fours, but KU was rarely even ranking during that period.

Tony Bushard 1 year, 1 month ago

Mark Few and Tom Crean were mentioned quite prominently.

JayHawkFanToo 1 year, 1 month ago

Brad Steven would be my first choice. Maybe, by the time HC Self decides to go to the NBA, Stevens is tired of the NBA (like Pitino, brown and Calipari) and its prima donnas and becomes KU next great coach.

packywacky88 1 year, 1 month ago

Stick with a Jayhawk. I would like it to be Turg, but Danny would be hard to pass up. Ok, Tad would be great... and how could pass on Jacque Vaughn?

John Randall 1 year, 1 month ago

Remind me, please, which of Larry, Roy, Bill was a Jayhawk before being the head coach here? We are fortunate to have had the job come open when the AD on the scene knew better than you what (and who) would be best for the program.

Mel Clare 1 year, 1 month ago

Young.................but I like this team a lot! Deep at EVERY position!

Ian Emerson 1 year, 1 month ago

Selden is staying 2 years, barring a magical tournament run of course

milehighhawk 1 year, 1 month ago

Phew--glad we cleared that up!

Ryan Michael 1 year, 1 month ago

You are out of your mind... Selden is a lottery pick in the next draft. He's a 1 and done.

He's got everything the NBA wants, without waiting... To include the strong build.

John Randall 1 year, 1 month ago

Not every lottery pick is a winner, not every winner is a lottery pick.

Not many will make their choices on the advice of Ryan_32.

Some will even share my bias that NCAA div1 is a better place to be than an elevated tax bracket.

REHawk 1 year, 1 month ago

Reassuring to read that Selden looks, indeed, to be on the right track with DEFENSE. If the newcomers all buy in to Bill Self defense, KU will be very difficult to defeat this season. The only "problem" with scoring might lie in the coaching staff's untangling of the right combination of players to implement vs. various opposing lineups. Or occasional glimpses of individual mad scrambles for points (several of these newbies have, for years, been accustomed to leading their teams in scoring). Team play and buying into defense from the getgo look to be giant factors which will make or break this squad enroute to the accumulation of championships. Splendid player potential which will test the coaching staff mightily.

REHawk 1 year, 1 month ago

Someone, of star potential, is likely to wear a red shirt this season...unless Self decides to go with an A Squad/B Squad innerchange (with an 11th guy in the mix). And that is not likely. Barring injury, I see 11 key players on this team, any 9 of whom could earn plenty of playing minutes (and I might be slighting #10 and #11, both of whom are experienced Bill Self returnees).

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 1 month ago

who's the odd man out? We've got 12 key players. 5 post and 7 perimeter.

We have an A Squad/B Squad lineup with one post and one perimeter player ready to sub in for either team.

REHawk 1 year, 1 month ago

Yeah, you are right. 12 key players. My O my! How in all holy hell is Self going to utilize these guys, and keep most of them happy? And lose no one to a transfer?

jhox 1 year, 1 month ago

Bill needs to be careful with his NBA comments. Opposing coaches will use that against him in recruiting. Larry Brown would never seem to commit to his plans from one year to the next, and then he wondered why it was so tough to recruit to Kansas. He never seemed to understand that kids want to feel the coach recruiting them will be there for them, as long as they plan to stay.

Of course, the flip side to this is that we're recruiting more and more one and done type guys so as long as he commits to being at KU the next season, it won't affect those guys much.

I fear the San Antonio connections. Isn't Popovich due to retire soon?

rockchalk_dpu 1 year, 1 month ago

Yes I agree that opposing coaches can use these sorts of statements in recruiting, but I like the honesty that he shows in his answers. You also have to think that the players we are fighting over are likely recruited by coaches also on these same NBA wishlists, so its not like he's the only one who could leave during a player's tenure on campus.

He seems genuine in that he would entertain interviews and offers, but right now is happy at Kansas. He doesn't give a timetable to be coaching in the league by X year, or that he is totally closing the door on it, but just saying he doesn't see it happening right now. I'm of the belief that these type of comments are better than him saying "I love it at Kansas and will never ever ever leave and I hope they bury me next to Naismith." only to catch us totally off guard when OKC or San Antonio come calling.

Ted Hume 1 year, 1 month ago

Stepping in to replace Pop isn't an unlikely scenario (just as a move to the Thunder wouldn't, on the condition that contender-type rosters were lined up- a big IF), and especially if be win it all this year and Self can ride off at the top... with 10 straight con. crowns and 2 NCs...

I'd be a little scared, at least

Hawk8086 1 year, 1 month ago

Opposing coaches could try to use his words against him. But, really, I thought his comments were pretty innocuous.

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 1 month ago

good find lumpy!

We've seen it and heard it all before. Bill Self WILL interview for NBA head coaching jobs. But that doesn't mean that he will be offered and accept.

As for the Spurs, it's just as likely that Popovich leaves midseason and they end up promoting/hiring from within the interim HC. Pops is 64. He coach still have several years left in him.

The Thunder? Well, their coach is young, and as long as they stay near the top of the western conference, he should be there for a long time.

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 1 month ago

Perry and Wayne could develop quite the tandem to complement the one man wrecking crew of Andrew Wiggins.

Hopefully Perry and Wayne can continue their chemistry for at least one more year at KU.

Ron Franklin 1 year, 1 month ago

I would be willing to bet that Self is coaching in the NBA within five years. I'm okay with that, except that when he is done he is going to head back to Oklahoma. Maybe he'll coach OkSt, maybe he wont.

How many of us would be okay with him leaving for the NBA?

What if he left and went straight to Oklahoma State?

Even though both moves would be based on what Self believes is best for him and his family, I foresee a lot of hatred oozing out on these boards should he head straight to OKSt.

The one thing I know for sure is that we are witnessing a hell of an era in Kansas Basketball, and I'm going to ride this wave until it throws me off.

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 1 month ago

True, if he heads straight to OSU then that would upset a lot of people. I guess maybe if he father were ailing or something like that, and he made the move to live close by his parents then maybe that would act to curb the resent as a KU fan.

If he leaves for the NBA I will still root for him there. But, if he leaves KU, there is about a 0% chance that he ever returns to coach at KU, and there's a pretty good chance that he retires from coaching. He doesn't seem to want to coach till he looks like Gregg Popovich.

Robert Brock 1 year, 1 month ago

I can definitely see Coach Self taking an NBA job someday and reeling in loads of money...and eventually getting fired, of course. Then, he would return to the college game where he belongs and Okie State/Boone Pickens would welcome him home with open arms and checkbooks.

Or not. ;)

Joe Baker 1 year, 1 month ago

You don't leave a handful of top college programs for the NBA. Yeah, money talks real loud, but when you have a good thing, you ride it. Brad Stevens wasn't in the best of college programs. I think he'll be in a little over his head at the NBA level. I thought he was fine at the college level. You need to be a bit more tenured at the college level to enter the NBA: ie. Self, Coach K, Coach Cal, Pitino, Donovan, Boeheim(sp), eventually Steve Alford, Thompson III, Manning, maybe Anderson, Lavin, Dixon, Wright, Roy (could, but won't as Self, you don't leave UNC), Sean Miller (?). The programs you stay at are KU, UNC, UK, Duke, UCLA (Howland ran the program in the ground), maybe Zona, maybe Syracuse unless your Boeheim. I could see Mata taking the NBA plunge too, doubtful, but anything is possible.

Jonathan Allison 1 year, 1 month ago

Leave Zona and the Cuse out of the discussion for top tier. They're only relevant because they had/have head coaches who've stayed for forever. Put them with UConn, Mich State, Florida, Louisville, Ohio State, etc. That pool is huge. The elite of the elite schools are the first 5 that you mentioned, and no doubt UCLA is wrecking their heritage quickly. That program needs a facelift and fast. I don't know what their basketball budget is, but Alford has a lot of work to do, and not just in recruiting and coaching.

texashawk10 1 year, 1 month ago

Jim Boeheim has less than half of Syracuse's all time wins. I agree that Syracuse is not on the top tier of all time basketball schools, but they are firmly planted on the second tier and it's because they they actually have some history pre-Boeheim.

texashawk10 1 year, 1 month ago

Ralster, I'm not sure if you're aware of this or not, but Duke currently has 2001 all time wins which is good enough for fourth all time. They also had 4 Final Four appearances prior to Coach K getting the job there. That program is hardly a one man show.

coloradojayhawk 1 year, 1 month ago

I hope they do as poorly as they did the year Coach K was out with back problems. IIRC, they were sub-500, though they were not prepared with a new coach the way they will be when Coach K retires. Still, I hope their results are the same for another decade or two - sub-500.

Joe Baker 1 year, 1 month ago

I can't wait to see Selden match Smart. I know Smart is a great athlete, but Selden is no slouch. I think Smart might be a "tad" overrated. I mean no disrespect to the guy, but didn't see a whole lot last year from Smart that is too convincing. I think you match man to man against OSU: Selden/Smart, Tharpe/Forte, Wigs/Brown, Ellis/Cobbins, Black-Lucas/Gaskins (jc transfer from Florida)

Steve Gantz 1 year, 1 month ago

I don't think it's smart to say Smart's overrated.

Suzi Marshall 1 year, 1 month ago

no kidding. I hope nobody shows that post to him. I saw more that enough from him last year in Lawrence. He totally dominated and will again this year. Our best chance against OSU will be to play team ball.

Jack Wilson 1 year, 1 month ago

I like your match-ups there.

But Smart overrated? I really don't think so. Slip him into our lineup last season for EJ and what do you think our team would have looked like? We almost had him, too.

Advantage Smart here, until proven otherwise.

My guess is Selden will help our guards avoid getting "beasted" this season. Maybe Selden will do a little beasting himself.

Jack Wilson 1 year, 1 month ago

Right on re: EJ .. my view (in hindsight) is if EJ was simply given the 2 guard role as a sophomore and left alone, he would have been a much more productive player. Although his shooting wasn't premier his junior season, that was his most productive.

Joe Baker 1 year, 1 month ago

Oh Nash...I really don't know what to do with that dude. You could play him at the 3. Wigs/Nash? Wigs will run circles around both Nash and Brown both. Nash is one of the biggest recruiting disappointments. You can ask most OSU fans and they'll say he's been a dud. Brown is who went off on KU in Lawrence and Wigs will be much better match. Little Travis has some experienced talent, now let's see what he does with it all. I say Ford blows this season with his Xs and Os. The guy is terrible with using his players' talent and playing to their strengths. He's done squat with Nash. He's the same every year.

JayHawkFanToo 1 year, 1 month ago

Smart got away with running over defenders and no charging fouls being called. I believe opposing coaches and referees will be more aware this upcoming season. Having said that, the man is a stud and can definitely ball

Martin Rosenblum 1 year, 1 month ago

"It would be great to be able to match wits with the best athletes in the world.."

When it comes to "matching wits", I would trust his "wits" against just about anybody playing in the NBA. His challenge would be "matching wits" with coaches and GMs in the League. I would still put his "wits" in the upper half of coaches at that level, even without having ever coached pros.

FearlessJayhawk 1 year, 1 month ago

I would like to know why the media continues to pester coach Self about going to the NBA. If I didn't know any better, it sounds like a conspiracy from some of the Big 12 schools to try and get rid of Self. They figure since they can't beat him, try and tempt him to leave. As far as this year is concerned, I have never been this excited to see the season begin. It's going to be a special year.

wrwlumpy 1 year, 1 month ago

We all knew that when Wiggins came to town that KU would be the lead story every two weeks until the season starts, then it will be every day. All the Big Boys have waited to commit. All the ones we want are still there. I think Coach can pick and choose the ones that will play his style. Wiggins is the gift that keeps on giving. The spotlight will be bright on KU all year long. I also like it that somehow having the Sorority girls in the front row of the student section increase the liklihood of attracting future recruits

Michael Luby 1 year, 1 month ago

I had a dream, of Selden locking down Smart on the perimeter and picking his pocket for a transition race down court and slick no look lob pass to Wigs for an ESPN top 10 slam over Brown that makes Wigs look like MJ.

Tony Bandle 1 year, 1 month ago

The key to Bill's remaining career at Kansas is his son, Tyler. Ink in the next two seasons, then think about Tyler becoming a team manager, a post grad student assistant, an apprentice coach, etc.

I think Bill is locked in for another 10 years!!

FIRST CRACK AT SEASON PREDICTIONS.

1] Louisiana Monroe @KU - WIN. 2] KU @Duke [Chicago] - LOSS 3] Iona @ KU - WIN 4] Towson @ KU - WIN. 5] KU vs Wake Forest in Nassau - WIN. 6] KU vs USC/'Nova - WIN. 7] KU vs whomever in Finals - WIN. 8] KU @ Colorado [c'mon Western Kansas..fill the place] - WIN. 9] KU @ Florida - LOSS. 10] New Mexico @ KU - WIN. 11] Georgetwn @ KU [tough match-up] - WIN. 12] Toledo @ KU - WIN. 13] San Diego @ KU - WIN. 14/15] Oklahoma State - WIN/LOSS.[Actually, we could win there]. 16/17] Iowa State - WIN/LOSS.[Hilton magic gets us this season]. 18/19] Kansas State - WIN/WIN.[Bill will never lose to gravel voice...ever!!!]. 20/21] Oklahoma - WIN/WIN.[ Ho Hum]. 22/23] Texas - WIN/WIN. [Yes, Barnes, nice guy but still sucks!]. 24/25] Texas Tech - WIN/WIN.[ Ho Hum #2]. 26/27] TCU - WIN/WIN [payback..it won't be pretty!!]. 28/29] West Virginia - WIN/WIN. [Huggy Bear misses out on his "beat KU bonus"...again]. 30/31] Baylor - WIN/WIN.[We should actually lose one of these games, except for Drew].

Regular Season Totals, 27-4.

BIG 12 Tourney, 3-0.

NCAA Tourney, 6-0, beating UK in semis and Louisville in Finals.

Final Team Totals, 36-4.

Steve Gantz 1 year, 1 month ago

I don't know about all the rest Oak but I do like your next to last line! That would be a dream final four sweep, but I'd rather it was reversed to avenge the UK loss in the finals.

Steve Gantz 1 year, 1 month ago

Oh, I should have mentioned some doubt about Baylor, what if Drew attended a basketball coaches clinic this summer, maybe he'll have the wits about him to match all the talent he always has. :)

Ron Prichard 1 year, 1 month ago

I love it. Although personally I would love UK to lose before making another Final Four.

KULA 1 year, 1 month ago

Or, Kansas could go into the tournament as a #1 seed and flame out in the first weekend.

Mike Bratisax 1 year, 1 month ago

No way! That would NEVER happen!

Hawk8086 1 year, 1 month ago

Oak,

I love your picks! (Who wouldn't?). I can see maybe losing at Baylor despite Drew. You never know which Baylor team is going to show up.

selfhimbill 1 year, 1 month ago

Oak - your stuff's always a good read. Anyone - how does one get around the surveys to read the stories? Or is this another spying/control mechanism designed to lead us astray?

Ron Franklin 1 year, 1 month ago

when I access from my mac products I don't ever get the survey. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Steve Gantz 1 year, 1 month ago

I think it's a way to avoid having to pay for this site, be careful what you wish for!

JayHawkFanToo 1 year, 1 month ago

Use Google to fight Google.

Google "host file" if you no longer want to see the Google questions.

Ron Prichard 1 year, 1 month ago

Just answer the first answer every time. You don't have to read the question and it is one click. Then the story automatically pops up. They aren't the burden everyone says they are. A pain...Yes. A burden...no.

Jason Keller 1 year, 1 month ago

If Self leaves, we should go after Bruce Weber.

JayHawkFanToo 1 year, 1 month ago

...and we do this to get even with KSU for hiring Turner Gill after Bill Snyder retires?

Ron Prichard 1 year, 1 month ago

Weber will be fired by KSU before Self leaves KU.

nuleafjhawk 1 year, 1 month ago

Weber may be fired by KSU before Wiggins leaves KU.

Steve Gantz 1 year, 1 month ago

He could use the old funeral for coach self trick again!

KULA 1 year, 1 month ago

I wouldn't be too surprised to see Perry get drafted after this season.

Adam Bengtson 1 year, 1 month ago

Does anyone have any feel for Wiggins going for O/U 18 points a game?

Joseph Kuebel 1 year, 1 month ago

Over. He'll average 19+ or just under 20. If we weren't dismantling the competition on a weekly basis he'd average 23.

Joseph Kuebel 1 year, 1 month ago

Anybody have an O/U on how many 25+ point wins we have this year? O/U of 11.

TheFloater 1 year, 1 month ago

Any word on how Naa has been progressing this summer? He is the key to this otherwise beautifully built luxury car! Or what type of car are we?

Sally Presson 1 year, 1 month ago

Really looking forward to this season, sure hope we can get our tickets back. There are so many outstanding players on this team, glad to hear Perry did well at his camp, and Wayne, it's going to be a great season. jayhawk fans are anxiously waiting for the season to start, no where are there fans like KU fans

Rock Chalk