Originally published September 17, 2012 at 12:00a.m., updated September 18, 2012 at 12:32a.m.

Juco recruit Chris Jones orally commits to play basketball at Louisville

Point guard picks Cardinals after weekend visit

Chris Jones, the top junior-college basketball point-guard prospect in the country, on Monday orally committed to Louisville.

Jones, a 5-foot-11 Memphis native who is a sophomore at Northwest Florida State College, chose the Cardinals over Kansas University, Baylor, Oklahoma State and Florida State.

He made the commitment a day after the conclusion of his official campus visit to Louisville.

He has canceled trips to KU and FSU.

“He’s a fierce competitor, won a state championship in high school, played for a national championship last year in juco,” NW Florida coach Steve Forbes told ESPN.com. “Now he has the opportunity to compete for a national championship at the next level and play for a Hall of Fame coach (Rick Pitino).”

Jones, who was ranked No. 47 nationally in high school by Rivals.com, averaged 18 points, 4.6 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game last season in propelling Northwest Florida State to a national runner-up finish.

“I saw Steve Francis play a long time ago. He was obviously a good player. I coached Brandon Hughes, who went to Michigan out of junior college. There’s no question that over the last few years (Jones is) the best I’ve seen,” Forbes told ESPN. “He has few holes in his game, and his competitiveness takes him over the top.”

KU’s top point guard prospect may be No. 27-ranked Demetrius Jackson, 6-1 from Marian High in Mishawaka, Ind., who will visit Notre Dame this weekend. Jackson, who has been recruited by N.D. for five years, lists KU, Notre Dame, Florida State, Illinois, Louisville, Memphis, Michigan State and Xavier. There has been speculation that Illinois and Notre Dame are the heavy favorites.

Randle update: No. 1-ranked Julius Randle, 6-9 from Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano, Texas, visited with coaches from KU, Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina and N.C. State last week. He has upcoming in-home visits with Florida, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor and Texas.

“I think coach (Bill, KU) Self’s visit was probably one of the best of the week or maybe even the best at selling his program and why I would fit there,” Randle told Rivals.com. “He explained to me what he would want me to do and how he would help me get better. It was at the end of the week and it was the shortest too, so that wasn’t bad either.”

Randle plans to wait until the spring to commit to a school.

“I’m not even sure what is next right now,” Randle told Rivals. “Maybe after these in-homes I will cut it down to five or something like that. Or I might just take a quiet period away from it all. I need to focus on school and getting ready for the season. Since I’m not deciding until the spring some time away might not be a bad thing. We’ll just see.”

Mostella update: No. 65-rated Detrick Mostella, a 6-3, 170-pound guard from La Lumiere School in LaPorte, Ind., tells jayhawkslant.com he has a list of KU, Georgetown, Florida and Texas A&M.

Comments

Steve Quatrocky 2 years, 1 month ago

Another short JUCO guard, no thanks, better fish to fry and more minutes for Conner Frankamp.

offline 2 years, 1 month ago

Chris Bruning 2 years, 1 month ago

yaaaaawwwwnnnnnn, god reading that took its toll on me, think im gonna commit to the pillow and bed now. word to ya muva

Bangkok_Jayhawk 2 years, 1 month ago

A JUCO guard, to me, suggests that they are not happy with Tharpe.

jayhawkinATL 2 years, 1 month ago

He'll regret not visiting the Phog for Late Night!

Ron Franklin 2 years, 1 month ago

Sorry, Charlie. You've already showed your hand.

5280Jayhawks 2 years, 1 month ago

It's done..he going to Louiville

Dave Telep @DaveTelep The Louisville Cardinals have a new PG. JC Chris Jones. Wow. one of the best JC PGs of the last decade.

Ron Franklin 2 years, 1 month ago

I usually stay positive, but I really can't stand listening to Dave Telep speak. His delivery and tone need a lot of work.

jay381 2 years, 1 month ago

This is the first and only time I make this statement, but I really hope this kid and his baggage choose another school.

I live in Memphis, followed the disaster when he originally committed to Tennessee with the Bruce Pearl regime out of High School. Why did not the new coach not re-recruit him? There are just too many problems surrounding Melrose High School right now. There have been half a company of NCAA investigators in Memphis for months. Radio stations are all but taking odds of just how heavy the hammer will fall on the Memphis Public School System and their athletes going to member institutions.

KU just stands for better than this.

jay381 2 years, 1 month ago

That is absolutely 100% correct. He caught a lot of flack from some in the local community. The first year he was in Memphis about half the team was from the sewer that is the Memphis School System. He had one nightmare after another every weekend with the team embarrassment for everything from drugs to violence against women. The press needed a room in the police station especially in Orange Mound (where Jones is from) every weekend to check the booking log.

I would write a book about why I do not like Cal but in this one case even Cal said kids that were part of the Memphis system just were not worth the baggage they brought to the program.

Honestly you have to live here to realize the extent of the problems and corruption in the public schools in the area.

longhawk 2 years, 1 month ago

If KU comes out of this with Jackson or one of the other uncommitted 2013 PGs we'll come out of this OK. I'm afraid we may have put our eggs in a few two few baskets, though.

On the other hand....Frankamp's handles aren't so horrible that he couldn't fake it as a point in Self's system if needs be from time to time. I mean, outside of Miles, who has Self had play the lion's share of the minutes at the 1 as a "true point?" Can't think of one. Had a lot of "good, not great" ball handlers, most of which have spent nearly equal minutes off the ball than on it.

longhawk 2 years, 1 month ago

I second your memory on these points. Neither Collins, nor Robinson, were ever purely point guards.

texashawk10 2 years, 1 month ago

Appleton never ended up transferring. I know he was looking at Texas Tech, but he ended up quitting basketball after his one year at KU, but he did graduate from KU and lives in the KC area now.

Jack Wilson 2 years, 1 month ago

My Appleton reference was not meant seriously ...

Jeremy Bolinger 2 years, 1 month ago

This kid a damn fool. There is nothing else that needs to be said.

Jeremy Bolinger 2 years, 1 month ago

As opposed to taking over Elijah Johnson?

I'm bitter because unlike you apparently, I hate every other program besides this one. I don't root for Louisville. I don't care for Louisville. Do you want an "aw shucks" comment? Won't find one here.

Curtis Stutz 2 years, 1 month ago

Taking over for EJ isn't as clear cut as taking over for Siva. KU has too many other prospects in Tharpe, 'Rio and Frankamp to make it obvious to a guy like Jones he'd get the kind of run EJ is getting.

jaybate 2 years, 1 month ago

"Progressions in a Key of Sports"

~Crude oil.

Refined petroleum.

Synthetic rubber compounds.

Outer soles of sports shoes.

~Crude oil.

Refined petrochemicals.

Polyurethane, Phylon, Phylite (a combination of Phylon and rubber), and EVA, a flexible, foam-like material.

Midsoles of sports shoes.

~Oilcos.

Shoe companies.

College sports.

~Low grade USA and Canadian crude and tar sands.

Bitumen.

Canada to Texas pipelines

Refineries.

~Coal

Fracking for coal gas.

Gas pipelines.

Helium to push gas to refineries.

Coal gas to crack bitumen into petroleum distillates.

Rubber compounds and polyurethanes.

Mid soles and outer soles.

Basketball shoes.

~Regions of states.

Voting blocks.

Infrastructure projects.

~Games.

TV cameras.

Televisions.

Commercials for cars, gasoline, and sports shoes.

~TV Revenues.

Athletic Departments

NCAA.

TV networks.

Gaming industry.

~Teams.

Media hype.

Spreads.

Betting.

Gaming industry.

(Note: the above to be read while humming Disneyland's "Its a Small Small World.")

:-)

MartyrMangino 2 years, 1 month ago

jaybate 2 years, 1 month ago

SerialMartyr, good to have your serial alias routine working again.

jaybate 2 years, 1 month ago

SerialTheDisclaimerer,

Great to see your serial alias routine is up and debugged.

Welcome aboard.

jaybate 2 years, 1 month ago

Disclaimer: Jaybate has expressed his indignation on multiple occasions about Turner Gill's firing. Upvote +100000000000000000000000000000

Mike Bratisax 2 years, 1 month ago

The US isn't the #1 exporter of finished petroleum products by accident.

jaybate 2 years, 1 month ago

Truly, oil is the most remarkable, deeply subsidized, partially renewable resource (i.e., significant, perhaps vast amounts of oil being created abiotically in the upper mantle and forced up into the crust as I write) in economic history.

And it is a marvel of modern public relations that the public has been conditioned to believe it is a scarce, rare material that must be protected at all costs and by any means, except by de-oligopolized producers. :-)

Just amazing. DeBeers, which created a similar illusion with diamonds on a much smaller scale, has to be green with envy.

Robert Brock 2 years, 1 month ago

Well, we are down to one possible PG recruit - Demetrius Jackson - and he is unlikely to leave his home area. It looks like he will commit to Notre Dame soon.

Looks like Adams, Tharpe, and Frankamp will have to cover the position. A'ight.

jayhawks1009 2 years, 1 month ago

no, Illinois just signed kendrick nunn and they have no need for a point guard anymore. Illinois is out for Demetrius Jackson.

jayhawks1009 2 years, 1 month ago

Just out of Curiosity, where are you getting your information about Jackson? I've heard he is a ND lean for awhile now..

Ted Hume 2 years, 1 month ago

it's been months since everyone started over-posting their theoretical rosters; a pointless and obvious distraction from the daily grind of the will-he, won't-he recruiting abyss. So, back from the not-so-dogish days of late spring/early summer, a rumination on minutes distribution to get our minds back from the point guard of the future to the point guard et al of the now, and, well, to play meaningless prognosticator of something other than swing-state/battleground pre-debate poll numbers v. possible final returns...

1. EJ ~32 Tharp ~8
  2. B. [my] Mac[daddy] ~32 Adams ~6
  3. T Rel. ~ 32 White ~10
  4. Ellis ~23 Young ~12, Traylor ~10
  5. Jeff ~30 Peters ~5,

still too many players in the rotation, perhaps, but this accounts for 1-2 sub-6 minute contributors and 8-9 full rotation guys..

everything old is new again, roster fanatics; post up

Ted Hume 2 years, 1 month ago

Yea, Lucas is definitely a wild card. he could be the guy getting 8-10 or might not get off the bench. who knows at this point. I'm excited to see if White is the lights-out 3 baller we really, really need to sub in and just kill people. Gotta love someone with the size to get his shot off even when the D is keying on him to do just that...

REHawk 2 years, 1 month ago

JayDogger, I'm pretty much with you. Would hope that Tharpe gets 10 minutes, even if that means his playing alongside EJ for a spell or two. If Lucas does not redshirt, I hope he and Peters are able to share some of Jeff's breathers. I could see Young playing 15 minutes, Traylor 7 or 8. With a close game on the line, Young is a terrific insert at the close. The guy makes things happen!

Mike Bratisax 2 years, 1 month ago

I think you have it just about right. I think we'll be fine this year and better next year. I think we had Cat 'Burglar' but who needs that crap going on.

Jack Wilson 2 years, 1 month ago

Always enjoy the projected minutes game:

1. EJ 32
  2. McLemore 26
  3. Releford 28
  4. Ellis 25
  5. Withey 24

6. White 18

7. Tharpe 16
  8. Young 15
  9. Peters 12
  10. Adams 5

Curtis Stutz 2 years, 1 month ago

Hard to say what kind of minutes Withey will be able to put up, the more the merrier. I like Young, Tharpe and Peters to be the first guys off the bench. Adams and Traylor in for some energy from time to time. White should be able to come in every so often to bring some scoring punch. EJ - 32 BMac - 30 TRel - 30 Ellis - 25 Withey - 26 KYo - 18 Tharpe - 13 Peters - 13 White - 7 Adams - 3 Traylor - 3

Jack Wilson 2 years, 1 month ago

As konkeyDong noted, it has been a bad week. But as a poster said on another thread, remember Josiah Turner. You just never know if things work out for the better. Perhaps we can look at it that way. Most of the time, when you miss on a top guy, it isn't for the best. We just don't know.

Stay positive, BlownJay. Stay positive.

We've missed now on three point guard targets .. Barber, Jones, and Jordan (don't forget him ... that was sealed a while back) .. we have one left. Demetrius Jackson. The sun did come up today, however.

The key is getting Jackson here for a visit (and we can all promise that we won't read anything into a recruit saying it was a great visit, or a perfect "10" .. right?). Rarely do you get the Julian Wright type commit without a visit. A scheduled visit date means Jackson is serious about KU, and would be a great sign. If we don't get a vist on the calendar this week, with the apparent urgency, that's probably not good news.

Heck, maybe Self has already made a deal with Jabari Parker to run the point since his dad thinks he should play some "point forward." Wonder what the chances are of that?

REHawk 2 years, 1 month ago

HEM, that point forward idea might not be so far out as it appears. Iowa State put together a decent season with such a gamble last season.

Chris Shaw 2 years, 1 month ago

Seriously, I haven't seen enough of Parker, but if he is as good as everybody says he is..............why wouldn't you try and put your best 5 in the starting lineup and let Parker bring up the ball? Interesting, very interesting!

Miguel Colón 2 years, 1 month ago

Who is the Jordan you are talking about HighElite?

Jack Wilson 2 years, 1 month ago

Rysheed Jordan .. we made him an offer early. UCLA, Syracuse, Maryland are his top schools. He just cut KU and some others off his list a few weeks ago, but we never seemed in it.

Mike Bratisax 2 years, 1 month ago

Looking at this years class and next years, HCBS is still bringing in top tier recruits but he seems to be working a lot harder to get them.

Chris Shaw 2 years, 1 month ago

HEM, I know Self said his number one options were PG and Center, but IMO PG isn't as essential at this point as one might think.

Sure, KU missed out on Cat Barber, but was it really a miss considering the allegations and the incident? Did you really want Chris Jones? I know I didn't. With that said, KU still has a shot at Jackson, but is it really that bad of an option if Jackson ends up at Illinois or ND?

KU is in good shape with a lot of 2014 PG's and to be honest, I am completely comfortable with Frankamp and Tharpe handling those duties.

I think it's more essential in landing a "Big" recruit like Parker, Gordon, Randle, Roberson or Shepherd.

Jack Wilson 2 years, 1 month ago

Sure, but think about the scenarios that could play out if we don't get that PG:

1. Tharpe is not what we had hoped.
  2. Frankamp is not ready for major minutes in year one.
  3. Adams needs time to develop.
  4. An injury to Tharpe or Frankamp.

The urgency is ball handling. I've seen many say that we have Frankamp coming in .. he can play point. But it just isn't that easy. Look at the pure point guard that came in .. Tharpe. How did he handle pressure his first season? The pressure on a D-I point guard is immense. It is defensive pressure that is many times not seen on the AAU circuit. It is real, tight, in your jock, defense. Many times athletic guys that are taller guarding you. It is a huge, huge difference from what they had experienced. It's not just dribbling. It's passing out of pressure, and passing into pressure.

Look at my example. If Tharpe got hurt.. we have one guy to handle the ball? One? Or same if Frankamp got hurt?

Any negative scenario involving Tharpe or Frankamp (injury or poor play), leaves us dangerously thin in the ball handling category. We can't assume Adams can handle D-I ball handling duties.

Getting Barber would have not only given us ball handling, but ball handling worthy of playing big minutes. Jackson is likely that, too. Jones would have fit the bill.

I really believe that Self's statement about needing a point guard .. specifically saying "point guard" .. meant something.

Curtis Stutz 2 years, 1 month ago

Problem is big-time recruits don't want to base playing time on possible injuries or an older guy not developing. Having 3 guys that could all be good PG's next season doesn't seem thin to me,even if adding Jackson or a forward that can handle the rock would be a nice get.

Chris Shaw 2 years, 1 month ago

1) How do you know? Tharpe hasn't even had his sophomore campaign yet to back up EJ at the PG spot. I mean, I remember a lot of people thinking the same thing about Jeff Withey. For a guy who hasn't logged many minutes and hasn't even had his sophomore campaign...............Tharpe may not be what "You" had hoped for, but I will evaluate him over the course of the season and increased PT before "I" decide whether or not he has any "Hope". He is going to have to play this season so he is only going to get better. Plus, just like Jeff Withey in previous season before last year...........playing behind TT and EJ really isn't a good indicator. You know better than that HEM.

2) How do you know? Frankamp may be the most ready Freshman Bill Self has ever had. Isn't that a complete oxy-moron to think about? Think about it.........a skinny 6'0 white kid could be and may be the most ready Freshman Bill Self has ever had. You done laughing? You laugh, but depending on circumstances it very well may come to fruition.

3) Yes, Adams needs time to develop just as much Frankamp and Tharpe and you and I both know that PT is going to be main ingredient for that to happen. Adams gets the PT and he will develop............he doesn't........he won't.

4) This is the only statement I somewhat agree. You mention Frankamp and Tharpe, but then exlude Adams. If Frankamp and or Tharpe gets hurt.......then BAM............there is your PT and development for Adams.

I also agree that Self's statement about needing a PG and Center meant something, but I also believe that PG is lessor of the two when needing that "Big". The Hi-LO doesn't really work that effective when you don't have "Big's" to utilize it.

In the end, KU has a good start with it's 2013 class and there is still plenty of time to round it out with some sort of book ends. We'll just see what kind of book ends KU ends up with. I think this is the perfect time for Bill Self to get "Creative" with his offense and bring in a couple of "Point Forwards" and develop his offense around those guys like Parker and Roberson and do something a little different should Randle come.

Mike Bratisax 2 years, 1 month ago

Will be interesting to see if Jeff can repeat or improve apron last years play without Robinson being the focus of apposing teams defense.

Jack Wilson 2 years, 1 month ago

BigManU: You did not read my post correctly . you might re-read it. I was just suggesting possible scenarios that could play out. Meaning, if they happened, what would be our predicament. Not that I expect that they will happen, or any prediction on any player's particular expected performance. Self has to plan for the possibilities.

I actually am very positively inclined about all three.

Mike Bratisax 2 years, 1 month ago

We had Cat but after the Louisville incident we rescinded the offer.

jhox 2 years, 1 month ago

I guess cold hard cash wasn't enough.

Curtis Stutz 2 years, 1 month ago

Things like this just remind me of why the guys who pick KU are more important to me than the highly touted recruits that don't. Guys like Conner Teahan that stick around have a lot more impact than guys like Micah Downs that don't, it's that simple. None of us knows who the better PG will be by the '13-'14 season, Anrio Adams, Cat Barber or Chris Jones, but I know 'Rio is a Jayhawk and that's what matters. I'm excited about the guys we get much more than I'm disappointed about the guys we don't. I don't know who the worst starter KU has had in the last 20 year or so has been. I will tell you this much, whoever he was he could play some ball.

MartyrMangino 2 years, 1 month ago

To the Coach Self Recruiting Bashers:

We need to acknowledge that times have changed. Kids don't learn about traditions much less desire to carry them on. They only care about themselves and when their parents become publicists and not concerned guides there is nobody to tell kids the hard facts. That leaves Coach Self, our very own Catcher in the Rye. I'd rather go down with Coach Self's ship and our honor than float with other programs' empty promises and backward perspectives on what is important in life. To quote our first basketball coach "I'm sure that no man can derive more pleasure from money or power than I do from seeing a pair of basketball goals in some out of the way place." Rock goddam Chalk!

REHawk 2 years, 1 month ago

One thing for certain: Perry Ellis and Conner Frankamp know much about KU traditions. Peters, too, from what I read about his early commitment. BenMac bought into it, and had to overcome a long tug of war with his mother who wished for him to stay closer to St. Louis and play for his homestate program. BIll Self is going through the sometimes agonizing chore of filtering through top rated talent, explaining his plans for utilizing that talent, then losing out to programs which offer more perks or quicker playing time. The recruits whom Self does sign appear to know quite well what to expect when they commit to the opportunity to battle for a slot in Self's lineup.

bennybob 2 years, 1 month ago

Concern about this years recruiting class have just elevated from slight to moderate.

Self and staff have officially moved to "Plan B" for everyone of their initial targets(minus Greene and Frankamp).

On a plus note, at least this year they had some "Plan B's" in place.

bennybob 2 years, 1 month ago

Plan A was Chris Walker and Cat Barber. Like I said at least we have a good plan B

soapisurfriend 2 years, 1 month ago

Randle on his recent in-home with Coach Self (from Eric Bossi at Rivals): "I think Coach (Bill) Self's visit was probably one of the best of the week or maybe even the best at selling his program and why I would fit there. He explained to me what he would want me to do and how he would help me get better. It was at the end of the week and it was the shortest too, so that wasn't bad either."

Here's the rest of the article if your interested. http://kansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1410562

milehighhawk 2 years, 1 month ago

I was a little surprised seeing how positive his KU comments were. That said, he absolutely gushed about UK and Calipari, so I'm guessing (as before) that's where he'll wind up.

Jack Wilson 2 years, 1 month ago

On all the Randle references, that's great .. it's a pipe dream. Maybe a bit better odds than a pipe dream, but we can't even think it's a possible. Perfect for the 5th spot if it happens.

However, filling spots #3 (post player) and #4 (point guard) are the priorities and need to be locked down this fall.

Regarding JayDogger's reference to Brannen Greene being a good ball handler -- and Greene thinking he can play the 1 -- it's important to understand the pressure of playing the point at D-I. JayDogger recognizes this with Greene ("not specifically at the 1"). Be a good ball handler for a wing or a 2 is different. Greene can spot in at the 1 in AAU ball. I mentioned the pressure issue in a reply above.

Most everyone here sees basketball at multiple levels .. look at the pressue a high school point guard is under; then dial it up; then look at the pressure a JUCO point guard is under: then dial it up; then look at the pressure a D-II/NAIA point guard is under; then dial it up. Once you ratchet the dial to the max, you arrive at the D-I level.

We have one quasi-reliable ball handler on our roster for 2013 ... Tharpe. He was not reliable last season. We then have Frankamp, who is not considered a premier ball handler. But let's give that the benefit of the doubt. We have two. They better stay healthy and be as good as necessary. I mentioned some scenarios in a post above to show how important it is that we get the ball handler that Self said we needed.

This is really important.

Now, if Adams is a stud ballhandler and progresses this season to warrant significant minutes in 2013, great. But no one here thinks we can count on that, I'm sure.

HawkKlaw 2 years, 1 month ago

Sounds like it will be "PG by Committee" in 2013.

HawkKlaw 2 years, 1 month ago

Yeah, that's what I was getting at. Same game plan as usual for Self & KU.

Ron Franklin 2 years, 1 month ago

It cracks me up that the last three stories posted by the LJW have been stories that were already 'broke' on this very website by the blog-nosticators.

It seems that LJW gets their information from some of our reliable recruit junkies.

jaybate 2 years, 1 month ago

Nothing is written about the journalism model developing between the pros and the board rats online. It is interactive. The pros that master the interactivity will make the big bucks down stream.

texashawk10 2 years, 1 month ago

Why? The LJW (Gary specifically on this topic) sees the info the same time as the posters who are breaking the stories about players committing. It just takes Gary more time to write up his story, throw in some updates about other recruits, have his story edited and then get it posted.

Ron Franklin 2 years, 1 month ago

Why?? Because it's regurgitated crap. I agree with there being some interaction--but what's the point of repeating what's already been written?

Tomorrow I'll take somebody's post, change a few words, add a few sentences, give it a headline, and call it an article.

A big reason I never type anything on this site is because I get here late in the day and there is nothing left to be said-or at least nothing that I am able to add to the discussion to add value.

REHawk 2 years, 1 month ago

One of the things to keep in mind about early recruiting: there are "under the radar" players who have not yet undergone development in this upcoming year of high school or jr.college; athletes who will make tremendous leaps in personal improvement, perhaps even final rankings before April. Most major Division 1 coaches will have filled their slots by midseason. If KU has a scholarship still available, Bill Self might yet fill that backup point guard need sometime in the next 9 months. Not likely that he will unearth a dependable starter, as that caliber of player has already been ranked and charted for a couple of years; but a recruit who, for some reason, decommits elsewhere or who, for a host or reasons, did not glean national attention before playing his final year of h.s., j.c. or prep school basketball.

pill41 2 years, 1 month ago

Did flying squirrel say anything of substance on the slant?

Tony Bandle 2 years, 1 month ago

Miscellaneous Points Of Light:

• Bill Self was born, raised and played as a guard...he knows what to look for and he'll find someone.

• On December 27th, HCBS turns 50...maybe the team should give him a National Championship for his birthday!!

• The 2012-13 Jayhawks will have maybe the most interesting team mix in the nation...Three Senior starters plus a Senior Sixth Man..and Ten Freshmen!!! The most experienced and inexperienced combo team in America!!!!

• Victory 500 will occur this year, so Bill goes till 65 at 30 vics per equals 950....dust off a place in Springfield, MASS. boys!!

• HCBS's toup has already earned Hall of Fame status!!

HawkKlaw 2 years, 1 month ago

I agree. That mix of experience, inexperience and talent might just prove to be what KU needs to win it all.

But, I hate to break it to you Oak - National Championship games are generally played in April :-)

Tony Bandle 2 years, 1 month ago

The team can put a "WE-OU" in his Christmas stocking!!