Monday, October 8, 2012

KU-OU kickoff set for 6:05 p.m. Oct. 20

The Big 12 Conference announced Monday morning that Kansas University's Oct. 20 football game at Oklahoma would kickoff at 6:05 p.m. and would be televised on Fox Sports Net.

Kansas is traveling to Oklahoma for first time since the 2008 season, when the Sooners claimed a 45-31 victory in a shootout. In that contest, the Jayhawks and Sooners combined for 1,165 yards of offense, including 825 through the air.

OU leads the all-time series with KU, 69-27-6. The Sooners are also 36-13-3 against the Jayhawks at home. KU’s last victory at Memorial Stadium in Norman came in 1996.

The Jayhawks play host to Oklahoma State at home on Saturday at 2:30 p.m. in a game that also will be shown on FSN.

KU currently sits at 1-4 overall and 0-2 in Big 12 play.

Comments

Cole Hogan 1 year, 10 months ago

--first of all...FIRST COMMENT! --second of all...I s%#& my pants when I realized that we ACTUALLY have to play OU, WVU, and Texas in these next few weeks.. --third of all...Weis...you got some serious work to do, but I'm standing by my decision to support you, don't let me down!

yvonnewarren 1 year, 10 months ago

I'm with you on that jayhawkcole. I have season tickets and if my son and I are the only fans in the stands I will be there. I LOVE MY JAYHAWKS!!

Brett Gaul 1 year, 10 months ago

I will be there as well. Full support.

TenaciousD 1 year, 10 months ago

Another announcement... The KU vs. OU game will be over at 6:10 pm. :-)

P.S. Sorry, but I've been wanting to do that the last few weeks and couldn't stop myself today.

Lucas Town 1 year, 10 months ago

This is regoinal coverage right? We don't need another nationally televised game against an OU team that is getting back on the right track.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 1 year, 10 months ago

I hate to barge in on this discussion, as I am a lifelong OU fan and have seen a lot of KU-OU gmes that were blowouts. But there have been some real shockers in the past, like when Bud Moore took his team to Norman in 1971 (I think) and won. There have been several other upsets in recent memory.

But you have to understaqnd, Football is a religion in Norman, much the same way basketball is here at KU. There is a huge support system of the boys from Parrington Oval and it usuallly shows most every year (except for that one game they seem to lose early in the season). I have lived here for over 30 years and while there seems to be some solid support for the football program, there is still something missing, something not right in the approach to this KU program. I think I mentioned Coach Weis (formerly of Notre Dame and the KC Chiefs) and the new quarterback, also a former Notre Dame student. One has to ask about why there are these "former" folks here. And being "formerly" with the KC Chiefs is not a particularly good resume, that organization seems to have a lot of missing pieces also.

There is a systemic problem at KU about football and they have yet to resolve this ove their devotion to the guys on the basketball court.

741hawk 1 year, 10 months ago

Don't ya just love Boomer poster on this board! Thanks for your opinion, Yeoman.

1) Do have to admit I was surprisingly well treated at a KU game in Norman. (They still love the Fat Man down there.) 2) the Big 12 schedule shows what a long road back it will be. Patience everyone. Try to enjoy every little improvement along the way, lest you suffer a multitude of ulcers and breakdowns.

Rock Chalk.

paducahawk 1 year, 10 months ago

I work with a KSU alum that said he was very well treated this year in Norman, despite KSU winning.

actorman 1 year, 10 months ago

Yeoman, thanks for your insight.

I believe the Bud Moore game you're talking about was in '75, not '71. That was when Nolan Cromwell and the boys shocked the #1 Sooners 23-3 and ended a long OU winning streak.

dhinkansas 1 year, 10 months ago

It was in 1975 KU won in Norman 23-3.

Kent Wells 1 year, 10 months ago

This is great news! Awesome! Oops, I thought I was posting on the Frank Mason thread.

KGphoto 1 year, 10 months ago

Thanks to the greedy, commercial selling bastards who keep us guessing until it's too late to make legit plans.

We decided to do our Chili Cook-Off in the evening, "guessing" that the Oklahoma game would be in the afternoon, but deep down inside knowing that whatever we decided, would eventually bite us in the butt. Now I have a bunch of Non-football-fan Coloradans, coming over to judge chili, right when the game starts. Stupid, stupid, stupid!!

I know they are all trying to choose the most lucrative games and slot them accordingly, but this is totally unfair to the fans. I mean, what about season ticket holders? They buy all the tickets in advance and still have to put up with this nonsense. What about the players, who want to know ahead of time so they can get their family's trips organized? You know? Do I need to take off work Friday, so I can be at the game at 11 am Saturday morning, or can I work Friday and drive Saturday? Do I book an early flight or a late flight? You can't exactly get a good deal booking a flight with 10 days notice. The whole situation is a crock!

Armen Kurdian 1 year, 10 months ago

I haven't been able to watch any games this season. Are these guys just getting out played or just laying down towards the end? Are they suffering an endgame complex that they are just waiting for a collapse to happen? Hm. Mason & Mangino didn't do well their first years either. Probably won't be able to watch tomorrow either. But I'm never a fair weather fan...OK 'Hawks, let's give them all they can handle!