Tuesday, November 20, 2012

KU football announces 2013 schedule

The Kansas football will host seven home games in 2013, including the regular-season finale against Kansas State, as the team's 2013 schedule was approved by the Big 12 athletic directors Tuesday morning.

KU will open the 2013 season by hosting South Dakota at Memorial Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 7. In other non-conference games, KU will host Louisiana Tech on Sept. 21 and also will travel to Rice on Saturday, Sept. 14.

The 2013 Big 12 slate features a 10-team, nine-game, round-robin schedule for the third straight season, and dates are subject to change as adjustments are expected to accommodate television requests. Any changes must be turned into the Big 12 by July 1.

2013 Kansas Football Schedule

Sept. 7 — SOUTH DAKOTA

Sept. 14 — at Rice

Sept. 21 — LOUISIANA TECH

Oct. 5 — TEXAS TECH*

Oct. 12 — at TCU*

Oct. 19 — OKLAHOMA*

Oct. 26 — BAYLOR*

Nov. 2 — at Texas*

Nov. 9 — at Oklahoma State*

Nov. 16 — WEST VIRGINIA*

Nov. 23 — at Iowa State*

Nov. 30 — KANSAS STATE*

*Denotes Big 12 Conference game.

Comments

ColoChalk 1 year, 5 months ago

Hey there fair weather fans: Remember as you watch the Irish this fall that Charlie recruited 8 of the 11 offensive starters- so he will be able to recruit a good squad without much trouble. Those of us Colorado Jayhawks already think things look and feel better. Weis was able to get rid of most of the druggies and felons when he started- his cupboards are just a little bare!

Ralster Jayhawk 1 year, 5 months ago

KState? Sure, I want a crack at KState with our improved squad, and them without Klein. And without Bill Snyder. I work with a family friend of Snyder's niece, who received a text from the family the night before the Baylor game: Snyder went to the hospital with brief stroke-like symptoms, and much of the team was up during the night, waiting on him at the hospital, in a show of support. I guess the analogy is TRob's mother passing, with the entire team up all night in support, and we run out of stamina vs. Texas, at home. Who wants to bet if he comes back again? He is rather crafty, and knows "no Klein". Bet on KU. All homers get in line. Im buying the good seats for KU football next season. I work 300+hrs/mo., but I will make time for Weis & KU football. Will join WilliamsFund also. As I said, homers get in line (behind me).

danmoore 1 year, 5 months ago

I think we should have a steady diet of cupcakes with the exception of D2 schools. Look at the ESPN bottom 10 and schedule those teams. We need to have 3 near guarantee wins. It worked for Snyder.

Jeff Soisson 1 year, 5 months ago

This schedule is B.S., OU and Texas get 3 legitimate bye weeks and we get only one. We don't play the first week or the last so one bye week. Really unfair Big 12. Or should I say, Big 2.

flyingfinn 1 year, 5 months ago

I too am worried about the losses on the O-line for next year. I know all of the railing against the O-line this year but beleive me there was some talent there or the rushing game would not be where it is and if we had someone, anyone that could throw a ball the passing game would have been better also.

shelleysue 1 year, 5 months ago

Why do you people insist on predicting future wins and losses? Why?? We aren't even through this season yet. 187 things can happen between now and fall of 2013. Why continue setting yourself up for potential disappointment?? How about we take it one game at a time and focus on being supporting fans of the program and its coaches and players? Let's go to ALL the games and stand and cheer (sorry for those of you who want to sit on your butts. If you do, stay home and watch on TV or buy a cushy seat in the end zone) until the very end. Let's be great fans regardless of win and losses and help build up the program instead of tearing it down. Let's feel good about being competitive. We almost beat Texas and Texas Tech people. That's competitive - isn't that what most of you asked for? Be reasonable and I think you will probably feel better about it all. And don't give me the crap about how the program will never be anything if we don't insist on more than mediocrity. I'm pretty sure everyone involved with the program knows the fans want to see wins and I'm definitely certain they all want to win too.

Reuben_J_Cogburn 1 year, 5 months ago

People forget...it's not just an impressive conference game losing streak, but a road-game streak as well.

2-10 would be the most reasonable prediction. And one of those wins has to be a nail-biter over La Tech.

Jim Jackson 1 year, 5 months ago

I do not agree with a lot of the posters on here.

We are a QB a WR and kicker away from being 6-6 or 5-7. Who knew that Crist had absolutely no mobility from his 2 knee surgeries and was going to be this bad?

Heaps will be a HUGE upgrade and along with our talented RB core and an upgrade at WR through the JUCOs, I do foresee us having a much better year.

Rock Chalk!

jhawkln 1 year, 5 months ago

I was ready to say 4 wins and improvement until the Iowa St. game. I expect a 1-2 win season again.

Savion Havon 1 year, 5 months ago

Will be a interesting season . Spring ball will tell it all I hope it's really a open competition and not all scripted like last year

nomansland 1 year, 5 months ago

0-12 next year. Book it. This team hasn't progressed as the last home game against ISU proved.

stm62 1 year, 5 months ago

Wasn't the '07 season a BLAST to watch?!!! There was something to look forward to every Fall Saturday. In the preseason NOBODY dreamed of an Orange Bowl invitation or victory.

Lloyd Kinnison 1 year, 5 months ago

Let us think positive. KU will be 6-6 next year at minimum.

Micky Baker 1 year, 5 months ago

Still all this negativity. The fans won't deserve a program until they become a part of building it. The fans don't have to do any of the work, but they do a lot of whining.

hawkdds 1 year, 5 months ago

I watched LA Tech twice this year and unless they graduate a bunch they will be a top 25 team again next year, we need to temper our expectations, after all we'll have a rusty QB again.

Ryan McAtee 1 year, 5 months ago

Looks like a tough schedule again, but keep in mind we're in the Big12 folks... I am just as upset about this year as most. Being a seson ticket holder since 2000, I have enjoyed the Ups (2006-2009) and have loathed the Downs (Late 90s-2005, Turner - present). I hate losing, but this school is my alma mater, so I will be excited going into every football season. I get so sick of all you naysayers that have nothing better to do than to remind everyone that we are a bad football team... guess what... I know. It makes me sick that 95% of you are already predicting a horrible season next year... let's finish this one first. We still have about half of a recruiting class left to sign, we have the best running backs in the Big 12, a pretty decent QB and some WR's and an improved Defense coming back in 2013. Although we have been losing, we are still landing some decent recruits, so Weis and Co. are still selling this football program in living rooms to recruits and parents. I don't know if some of you have been watching the games this year, but we are showing signs of life... yes, that's my reference to Major League... perhaps this team can be of the football variety next year. Let's give these guys some credit... for the most part they are competing, and I think that will improve into next year. If all you want to do is talk crap on this team, get a better hobby, as you sound like a mizzou fan. ROCK CHALK!

Boouk 1 year, 5 months ago

South Dakota- win- Weis shows little of what the offense will look like in conference play 38-13. At Rice-win- their kicker graduates and we'll have James Sims for that game 35-24. LTU-win- our defense looks bad but we win in a shootout 42-38. TTU-win- They lose Doege and Cody Davis and we still almost beat them in Lubbock 35-31. At TCU-loss- Devonte Fields gets 3 sacks 24-31. OU-loss- Bell looks like Cam Newton at Auburn vs. KU's defense 24-42. Baylor-loss- Baylor screens Campo's zone coverages to death 31-41. At Texas-loss- vd finally admits he thinks Gill's a better coach than Weis 24-35. At OSU-loss- Heaps and Lunt both top 350 yards, but Heaps throws 1 more INT 35-45. WVU-win- For the first time since 2009, KU has as much talent as their Big 12 opponent 38-31. At ISU-loss- Sam Richardson looks a lot like he did Saturday vs. KU defense 24-35. KSU-loss- KU still can't stop KSU's running game, even though they lose Klein and several underrated o-linemen 31-38. 5-7 record.

JhawkalumJB 1 year, 5 months ago

To avoid disappointment I will expect to lose every game next year. I'm tiring of getting my hopes up for 'winnable' games. The Iowa St. game was a brutal reminder of that. I went thinking, 'you know what we are due, we can do this...' and then reality was we got rolled by them. It's a sad cycle, optimism, disappointment, optimism, disappointment..... To avoid the cycle...

Heaps is Crist 2.0

McCay has no hands

0-12 in 2013....

Doug Cramer 1 year, 5 months ago

I never drank the kool-aid. I said all pre-season last year that we would be lucky to win 3 games. Oh how I was criticized and called "negative nancy".

Look - we're in BIG TROUBLE 3-4 years from now. Weis is recruiting the hell out of JuCO transfers...and not recruiting or developing any young talent.

Open up your eyes KU nation. This program is in shambles from a talent perspective.

With that said...I thought Coach Weis and Coach Campo did an OK job for what they had...especially once we decided Crist wasn't the answer. But these guys need TALENT...and we just don't have it

Keith Hummel 1 year, 5 months ago

I'm not ready to go all "Rooster Cogburn" and give up on the entire concept of KU Football, but I HAVE learned to temper my expectations. Until he proves otherwise Heaps is just a big unknown. Same for McCay. I don't want to hear any more stories about 5-star transfers and "The Cavalry" from Coach Weis. Enough talk, Jersey Boy! It's time to see progress where it really matters - the record. Until then any prognostications about how good this team will be is just pointless brain farting.

Reuben_J_Cogburn 1 year, 5 months ago

And can somebody explain to me how year in and year out, Iowa State is always feared by other teams for the upset and can consistently compete...but the University of Kansas can't?

Honestly, a crappy school in the middle of freakin' Iowa is more feared by Big XII teams than KU...a national brand.

Are our players and coaches that talentless and gutless? Is it a curse? Did we wrong someone in another life?

I'm asking for answers.

clevelandjayhawker 1 year, 5 months ago

Can we play the win losses game starting in April? Would like to do a couple of things first (see who we get for recruits/transfers, catch a spring game, and Id like to make a trip to Lawrence to catch a parade around April 10th or so)

Summers drag for sports information, I just dont like having nothing to read about come July.

jgkojak 1 year, 5 months ago

Sept. 7 — SOUTH DAKOTA WIN

Sept. 14 — at Rice WIN - if we lose this one it will be a long season and Weis will be fighting to keep his job

Sept. 21 — LOUISIANA TECH WIN

Oct. 5 — TEXAS TECH* LOSS

Oct. 12 — at TCU* LOSS

Oct. 19 — OKLAHOMA* LOSS

Oct. 26 — BAYLOR* POSSIBLE WIN

Nov. 2 — at Texas* LOSS

Nov. 9 — at Oklahoma State* LOSS

Nov. 16 — WEST VIRGINIA* LOSS

Nov. 23 — at Iowa State* POSSIBLE WIN

Nov. 30 — KANSAS STATE* LOSS

We could win 5 - should win 3 - so I say we'll win 4 games next year

Chris Bailey 1 year, 5 months ago

Can we quit predicting a Big12 win? We have won one in the last 3 years! Lets shoot for one as a fan base! If we win more then I'll eat crow but setting ourselves up for failure isn't a smart thing to do. Our recruiting class doesn't look that great to me. We have a couple good players but really how many are gonna help us next year? We're 1-11 until I see different. Period!

Reuben_J_Cogburn 1 year, 5 months ago

2-10. South Dakota and Louisiana Tech (La Tech by a slim margin)

Sorry folks. Same stuff, different year.

hailtoku 1 year, 5 months ago

2-10

Wins over South Dakota and Rice.

Jacob Zutterman 1 year, 5 months ago

I hope Heaps isn't like Crist. I've heard good things about Heaps, but then again, I did about Crist. If our QB play is better than it was this year, I think we'll be OK. I'm sure Campo will do a fine job with the Defense. I do agree with newtonhawk on this one about the home schedule. I like the looks of the schedule. Watching our boys this year, we could've been a 5 win team. We definately hung around in some games that we shouldn't of been in. I think we could get a 7 win season with a couple of upsets considering our competitiveness this year. That's my prediction...

clevelandjayhawker 1 year, 5 months ago

Hope Rice's kicker graduates this May.

jayhawkarmy 1 year, 5 months ago

I like it, also would be cool if the played in arrowhead...Hell chiefs can't win there someone should!

Doug Cramer 1 year, 5 months ago

pepper-bar - dude you're about as delusional as all these Mizzou fans I have to deal with all the time.

Kyle Coffey 1 year, 5 months ago

Best home schedule we've had in a while. Tech, Baylor, OU, WVU and KSU all at home in conference. Also like at OSU with possibly making the trip to Stillwater for that one. Not too big of a fan of Texas and OSU back to back on the road. Overall pretty good schedule. Excited for next year already! Excited we don't have to hear about KU/KSU til the end of the year. I think this will be a regular occurence to have this rivalry game as the last game every year. As it should be.

pepper_bar 1 year, 5 months ago

La Tech will be much weaker next season than they are this season. 3-0 non con is possible.

Winnable league games early vs TTech and @ TCU, if Heaps is as good as advertised. How sweet would it be to start the season 5-0? Gets much tougher after that, but one upset win, and KU goes bowling!

Keith Hummel 1 year, 5 months ago

Love that we are playing K-State the last weekend. Exactly as it should be. Now all we have to do is put together a team that can actually compete with them.

ahpersecoachingexperience 1 year, 5 months ago