Sunday, March 18, 2012

Former KU linebacker Banks Floodman released from hospital after suffering facial injuries in March 9 altercation in Kansas City, Mo.

Kansas University officials confirmed Sunday that former KU football player Banks Floodman, currently a fund-raiser for KU’s Williams Educational Fund, was involved in an altercation in Kansas City, Mo., following the Big 12 Tournament games on March 9.

KU spokesman Jim Marchiony said Floodman suffered facial injuries that required surgery Saturday at the University of Kansas Hospital.

The Wichita native and former KU linebacker was released Sunday and, according to Marchiony, was “doing fine.”

Comments

danmoore 2 years, 1 month ago

According to the Star the person who hit him was arrested but it makes no mention of him being a missouri fan. If however it was, I think this is one more reason not to keep the rivarly going. It has become way too toxic in my opinion.

AznSnSaTioN 2 years, 1 month ago

I've meet Banks and his wife Erica both of them are wonderful people, I hope him a speedy recover. I hope they get the moron that did this.

KGphoto 2 years, 1 month ago

What kind of moron meth-head cheap shots a KU athletic official?

thehorn 2 years, 1 month ago

My wife saw the 1st punch. He had his attention on another person and he got sucker punched from an on looker. In a "yellow" jacket. Never saw it coming. Now that's bravery.

jayhawkinATL 2 years, 1 month ago

I've dealt with Banks on his WEF fundraising duties and found him to be a pretty classy dude. Speedy recovery to him!

Jim Jackson 2 years, 1 month ago

I graduated KU in '06 and got the chance to meet Banks. Dude was cool as they come. I also hung out with some guys from the squad who told me banks was the best fighter on the team. Someone must've been praying for the fool who hit Banks because I dunno how that kid would've come out alive.

Go Jayhawkers

KU79 2 years, 1 month ago

There was a thread about this on phog.net, I believe, from somebody claiming to know Banks, and about the incident. It stated that when he awoke in the hospital that the first thing he heard was that mizzou lost to a 15 seed. And the reason he was there was because a cowardly mizzou law student blindsided him with a cheap shot. I hope charges are filed and the bastage pays the price.

manginorh00lz 2 years, 1 month ago

I've never seen Banks lose a fight... what happened to the other guy?

Ferd Magellan 2 years, 1 month ago

According to one of his close friends it was a rowdy MU fan who attacked him.

Connie Grimes 2 years, 1 month ago

Wishing Banks a speedy recovery. Great representative of our university.

Doug Cramer 2 years, 1 month ago

Does anyone know if this was one of the KU - Mizzou fights that happened last week ?

jhawkrulz 2 years, 1 month ago

Kansas University; however, it is The University of Kansas Hospital.

I thought they were the same university.

Clickker 2 years, 1 month ago

Women and alcohol...does it every time!

Saguaro_Jayhawk 2 years, 1 month ago

Might be marginally true . . . if you're a black and yellow coward.

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 1 month ago

I heard he tried hitting on ahperse's girl and got delt with.