Thursday, March 15, 2012

Omaha has familiar feel for Jayhawks

Kansas head coach Bill Self stops for questions from media members upon the team's arrival at the Embassy Suites in downtown Omaha.

photo

photo

Kansas forward Thomas Robinson smiles as he stops to sign autographs for a cluster of young fans upon the team's arrival at the Embassy Suites in downtown Omaha.

— Kansas University’s basketball team bus pulled in front of the downtown Embassy Suites hotel about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday, the path to the entrance mighty familiar to ninth-year Jayhawk coach Bill Self.

“This is the same hotel,” Self said of KU’s home base in March of 2008. That’s when the Jayhawks defeated Portland State and UNLV in first- and second-round NCAA Tournament games in this Nebraska city, starting a successful road to the Final Four and national championship.

“How ’bout the weather? It’s unbelievable. I didn’t anticipate Omaha being 80 degrees when we roll in here or close to it (upper 60s),” Self added. “The weather’s perfect ... love the arena (CenturyLink Center). People here roll out the red carpet. Omaha is a good host city. They’ve got a great downtown. I’m sure our fans will have plenty to do here.”

Self said the Jayhawks — who will meet Detroit in an NCAA Midwest Regional opener at 8:57 p.m. Friday, with the winner advancing to Sunday’s game against Purdue or St. Mary’s — had a productive practice Wednesday afternoon in Allen Fieldhouse.

“We’ve had a good week of practice — not perfect, but a good week,” Self said. “I think we got the guys’ attention in large part we didn’t play that well in Kansas City (in going 1-1 at Big 12 tournament). Everybody is excited when the bracket comes out. Everybody’s batteries are recharged. Ours are recharged. We are looking forward to the opportunity to play.”

The Jayhawks watched the Lamar-Vermont NCAA Tourney game on TV on the 31⁄2-hour bus ride before dining at Sullivan’s Steakhouse in downtown Omaha.

On tap today is a 5:10 to 5:50 p.m. practice at CenturyLink Center. It is open to the public.

The Jayhawks will spend a lot of time in Omaha prior to Friday’s late tip.

“I don’t think it’s the best game to play,” Self said. “The problem is, if you play late Friday, there’s a chance you will play early Sunday (if team wins). To me that’s the biggest thing and the fact you are playing about the last game of the first round. Still, we’ll be excited to play no matter what time.”

KU, MU both here: Self was asked if KU and Missouri fans will be able to co-exist this weekend in Omaha. The Tigers are also here, gearing for an opening game against Norfolk State. Tipoff is 3:40 p.m. Friday.

“I hope so,” Self said. “I understand you don’t have to like each other. I don’t understand some of the hostility that goes with it. I heard fights were going on (last week in Kansas City). That stuff is ridiculous. One thing about KU fans, at least I hope, is whether you like or don’t like (the Tigers), certainly you respect the team they put on the floor. They represent themselves very, very well. They should feel the same way about us. It’s a unique situation we’ve spent this much time together in an exit-type year (with MU off to SEC next season). I anticipate this being a pretty interesting weekend and one in all honesty I think it’d benefit both of us to play well this weekend.”

More honors: KU’s Thomas Robinson and Tyshawn Taylor on Monday were named All-District 8 first-team as awarded by the National Association of Basketball Coaches. They were joined by Marcus Denmon, Missouri; Royce White, Iowa State; and J’Covan Brown, Texas.

Students honored: KU’s students on Wednesday won the inaugural Naismith Student Section of the Year Award as presented by Collegiate Licensing Company (CLC) and the Atlanta Tipoff Club. The award comes with a $5,000 cash award, which Kansas Athletics will direct to the university’s general scholarship fund. Details on the selection process can be found at facebook.com/ilovecollegehoops.

Comments

Doug Cramer 2 years, 8 months ago

Got a good feeling about our chances to make a run at the final four this year.

North Carolina could have problems with Michigan if Hardaway gets hot.

If we do end up facing UNC...our physical play, good defense, and intense rebounding tends to throw a wrench into good ol Roy's finesse and fast pace style.

One game at a time though. A sweet 16 matchup with Georgetown is scary.

Rock Chalk !!!

Eric Baker 2 years, 8 months ago

Plus, UNC falls apart without Kendall Marshall, and Tyshawn Taylor plays great against other top point guards. If we shut Marshall down-- either by getting him in foul trouble or just playing good defense-- then the rest falls into place.

Alex Berger 2 years, 8 months ago

We have to get to the Elite Eight first. It just takes one team getting hot from three while Teahan and EJ are ice cold and we may be gone. I'm not taking any games for granted this year.

Kent Richardson 2 years, 8 months ago

Greetings from Big M. I have been queasy all year. I can talk myself out of it but i've had to talk myself out of it 4 times this year. Better than I reasonably expected. 2 for 13 from trey land. Withey against ksu at bramledge. Tyshawn on the foul line at columbia. And I accused Jaybate of raining on my parade. If they do make a run I will give you kudos.

Kent Richardson 2 years, 8 months ago

Alohahawk 2 years, 8 months ago

Wonder if the Omaha police force is on the alert? Could be a lot of pent up emotions between Jayhawk fans and MU's. Hope the battles are all waged on the court, and not in the streets of Nebraska.

Beginning to wonder if inviting recruits to games at AFH might be scaring some of them away. I don't understand how or why. However, a number of recruits, who have since decided to go elsewhere, have attended "The Legends of the Phog" game, the "KU - MU" finale, and perhaps even some of the "Late Night" games, all of which should have been very impressive to a recruit.

I realize that I'm completely biased towards KU, but I just find it hard to believe that a recruit would turn KU down after witnessing firsthand the over-powering atmosphere during games in AFH.

Perhaps, to give him an excuse, J. Sampson was concerned about the number of post players KU will have next season. Which leads one to believe he doesn't have a lot of confidence in his abilities.

Oh, well. Their loss, and perhaps KU's gain. (ie. Look what happened with Turner at Arizona. He was highly recruited by KU, but Arizona has all but booted him from their team.) Will be interesting to see how far Tarkzewski (sp) progresses at Arizona.

Of note: With today's loss to Drexel (in their first game in the NIT), Arizona's 2011 - 2012 season has ended. And Cal lost in the play-in game of the Big Dance, so the Pac 12 is zero for two in the post season, so far.

actorman 2 years, 8 months ago

That's actually not true, Aloha. Oregon soundly beat LSU in its first NIT game. But your point is well taken: the Pac-12 sucks.

Alohahawk 2 years, 8 months ago

Mahalo for keeping me in the know. Pac 12 was so bad all year that I thought they only had one team in the NIT. Obviously, I'm not a big Pac 12 fan. Especially Arizona.

texashawk10 2 years, 8 months ago

Washington beat UT-Arlington Tuesday night as well.

Chuck Stones 2 years, 8 months ago

Of course it does - their season champion doesn't even make the tourney and Colorado is the Pac 12's tourney champ. However, if you are a 1 and doner, I still don't think you want to come to a place like KU and have to WORK hard. Big fish in little pond.

agraves 2 years, 8 months ago

Arizona lost to the Ever famous Bucknell...

stinkybulldog 2 years, 8 months ago

I hope Kaleb Tarczewski has fun at UofA next year. Bwhahaha!!! He could of played next to Withey & Perry Ellis...

Lash 2 years, 8 months ago

Atmosphere can't be matched, location in regards to home very important in the decision process, but the biggest key that some might forget is playing time, how much and how soon.

2 years, 8 months ago

FYI - With Colorado yet to play tonight, here is the Pac 12 results in post-season play thus far:

Wins - 5 Oregon 96 LSU 76 (NIT) Washington 82 UTA 72 (NIT) Stanford 76 Cleveland St. 65 (NIT) Washington St. 89 San Fran. 75 (CBI) Oregon St. 80 W. Illinois 59 (CBI)

Losses - 2 California 54 S. Florida 65 (NCAA) Arizona 54 Bucknell 65 (NIT)

2 years, 8 months ago

Nice partial work by the anti-caps lock filter.

• sigh *

nuleafjhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

They're just looking out for our best interests txrockchalk - it would devestate us for the rest of eternity if someone

YELLED

at us.

2 years, 8 months ago

Thanks, nuleaf. It is like someone driving slow in the left/passing lane - - they are just trying to keep everyone else from getting in trouble :^)

bjejayhawk69 2 years, 8 months ago

After watching some Pac12 ball and seeing Arizona stink it up I have wondered why the Tarcewski kid would even consider Arizona with what Manning does with big men here. I know I am biased as well but working with Manning would earn a good 7 footer a bunch of NBA $$ vs. stinking it up with Arizona where no evers watches you play and can't even qualify for the NCAA tourney.

Kent Richardson 2 years, 8 months ago

Always nice to see someone think of others first. Sweet.

Cmill1221 2 years, 8 months ago

Not a single team in our region scares me. The only team that scares me is Kansas. We totally control our own fate. No team can match up w/ T-Rob and withey when they are on their game and playing well. No foul trouble and Tyshawn take care of the ball is key. With EJ finding his shot the last few games we look good. The only thing that really upset me last game vs Baylor was how we were in the bonus with 9:00 left in the game and didn't shoot a free throw till 3:00. Extremely frustrating. We need to continue to attack the basket and get to the line. Play to win not to not lose and we can be dangerous. Just leave it all on the court.

Alohahawk 2 years, 8 months ago

And nice catch on the late foul/freethrow situation against Baylor. When the fouls build up, you have to force the issue and try to foul out the competition. Just another reason to drive the lane and limit the 3 pointers.

actorman 2 years, 8 months ago

Yep, and that's especially true against Detroit, which is known for getting in foul trouble. We need to really take it to them and not fall in love with the 3-pointer. That's what scares me the most with this team, even more than the turnovers, is the tendency to start jacking up threes without running through the offense.

JHawk06 2 years, 8 months ago

Totally Agree. Keep driving into the paint and only shoot the occasional 3. As you mentioned we start falling in love with the 3 and really throw away possesions.

Phoghorn 2 years, 8 months ago

Bucknell did not scare me either. That being said, I am in complete agreement about attacking the basket. Nothing scares me more than seeing KU continually shoot bricks from beyond the arc when it is obviously not our night. No need to fire up 3s when there is still 25 seconds on the shot clock and the game is young.

Just launch enough 3s to spread out the defense and keep driving to the hoop. Let the opponent play Hack a Hawk.

Now if only those free-throws will fall...

Brian Powell 2 years, 8 months ago

Nail, meet head.

I'm always yelling at my computer for them to be more aggressive on O... getting the other team in foul trouble and getting to the line is so profoundly powerful and at the same time understated, undervalued, and underutilized.

Our worst enemy is ourselves, standing around on O, jacking up jumpers no matter what.

TXChalker 2 years, 8 months ago

Congrats to all the STUDENTS and FANS for us nabbing The Naismith Student Section of the Year Award. I voted EVERY day and encouraged all others to do so on these boards. This is only fitting that the inaugural award bearing the name "Naismith" goes to KU.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk Beat Detroit

nuleafjhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

In 1981 (I think) I went to the Regionals in New Orleans where Darnell Valentine missed about 47 layups (sumpin like that) and we lost to Wichita State. I was 23 and had not quite figured out that whole respect (or sobriety) thing. My brother in law spent most of that night trying to keep us both from getting killed because of my big mouth.

At 53, it seems crazy to me. I talk about hating Missouri (and I do), but when the game is over, people are people and it just goes back to treating people the way you want to be treated, regardless of whether they're wearing black and gold t-shirts and only have 3 teeth.

Be cool folks. When it's all said and done, it ain't worth going to jail over.

Peace out. Sermon over.

Martin Rosenblum 2 years, 8 months ago

Do you mean you were jawin' with WSU fans and almost got jacked up? That had to be the booze talking.

nuleafjhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

You're pretty much right on - on both counts !! Bad memories of Bourbon Street.....

rob4lb 2 years, 8 months ago

I was a senior in 1981 and I'm not sure I ever took as loss as hard at the Wichita State loss in the Sweet 16. Darnell missed a break away layup and a couple of free throws down the stretch. Some guy from Wichita hit two long shots at the end (this was before the 3 point line) and the Shockers won by one point.

If you look at the state of the program in 1981, no one would have imagined that KU would have the prolonged level of sustained success they have achieved during the last 25 years.

Vernon Riggs 2 years, 8 months ago

Last name was Jones. He was a hero in Wichita. What I remember about that game was Ted Owen had set up a pick for the last in-bound play. The Kansas player throwing the ball in ran down the baseline taking his WSU defender with him. The WSU player wiped the Kansas player (Darnell?) on the baseline - No foul was called. Kansas should have been on the foul line for a final 1+1 free throw attempt.

KansasComet 2 years, 8 months ago

Been saying it for a long time, we have had a great run since the 80's. I remember the lean years. One of my favorite teams was the '86 squad.

Al Martin 2 years, 8 months ago

I was at that game, too, playing in the basketball band. Darnell missed quite a few layups, but the key was that Levingston and Carr were beasts. We had no answer for those big boys.

Bourbon Street was a real bummer after that game, and then we had to climb on a bus and do 19 hours or so back to Lawrence.

NoteToSelf 2 years, 8 months ago

KU fans will dictate the level of "hatred" that comes from the MU fans in Omaha this weekend because the tigers play before the Hawks. If KU fans boo the tigers loudly and root openly for NSU then the level of hate will increase dramatically against KU by the time the game starts at 9 PM. KU will have a lot of fans in Omaha, but the 7 other teams will be rooting against us. Plan on hearing plenty of S-E-C throughout the tournament especially if MU and Florida play on Sunday. The 9 PM start to the KU game will also mean the MU fans will be wired from an earlier victory over NSU and an early happy hour at Buffalo Wild Wings. HCBS has a better feeling about playing in Omaha instead of OKC in the NCAA tournament. Go Hawks!!!

Krohnutz 2 years, 8 months ago

And by the end of that matchup the Florida fans will be questioning why they added Missouri to their conference.

I was disappointed to see Nebraska go, was understanding about Colorado going, couldn't care less about A&M going, but I'm happy to see the worst fanbase in college athletics going out the door.

Win or lose, nobody is more worse than a drunken Mizzou fan.

bbeckum 2 years, 8 months ago

don't those mizz fans have to get back to their trailers by the time the KU game starts? i think they have to put some more cornpone in the still or take pictures of their kids' friends or sumpin?

RJ King 2 years, 8 months ago

The hostile environment occurred to me too. I hope HCBS has the team mentally prepared to play a "road" type game.

Being supportive (or at least neutral) toward MU's team and fans won't create instant love from them, but at least KU can control its own degree of class.

Ben Kane 2 years, 8 months ago

I have to disagree with Self when he says he doesn't understand it... I do understand it and whether i'm sober or not, I will always hate mizery.

REHawk 2 years, 8 months ago

I would imagine that there has been some mighty intense studying of Detroit Mercy film, as well as many phonecalls to their opponents this season. Our coaching staff has taken such a beating over previous early exits, that a first round loss must be avoided, at the cost of 18 hour work days for Bill Self and Co. the past week. Rock Chalk!

justinryman 2 years, 8 months ago

If your in Omaha, drop me a line.

I had set up a blog on here with some information as to where to meet up, but apparently they didn't like it and took it down.

Jayhawks UNITE!!!!!

REHawk 2 years, 8 months ago

The striped antlers appear bound to get an early taste of SEC basketball in Round 2. Actually, I admire their group of players and their manner of play this season. But that rude and crude chanting of SEC by Tiger fans at the Big 12 Tournament was lowlife reprehensible.

Vernon Riggs 2 years, 8 months ago

I thought we had Sampson. But it would have cost one scholarship that we didn't have unless we took one back. We have a great class for next year that will be ready to repeat a National Championship after winning one this year. Back-to-Back!

Vernon Riggs 2 years, 8 months ago

'Recruiting: JaKarr Sampson, a 6-8 senior forward from Brewster (N.H.) Academy, re-committed to St. John’s on Wednesday, according to Zagsblog.com. Sampson chose St. John’s over KU, Florida and Providence. He initially committed last summer but was ruled ineligible then reopened his recruitment before re-upping with St. John’s.'

That finishes a great recruiting effort by HCBS and staff for next year. Justin moves back to Walk-on. Merv stays. The 2012-13 Jayhawks will be a very deep and talented team.

UmbertoConforti 2 years, 8 months ago

If you feel like worrying check this out.

He thinks Detroit or St. Mary's will take KU out of the tournament. Click on the video of the Detroit guard.

jayhawkfox 2 years, 8 months ago

I'm leaving for Omaha later this afternoon and have tickets to all the sessions, so will catch the Misery game on Friday. I am a little torn on how I'll root... I always try to support our league when it comes to the tourney, but as others have said, it's especially tough this year, especially with MU leaving...and it is MU. I do think they have a really good team though and, although tough to admit, they are a fun team to watch.

Tony Bandle 2 years, 8 months ago

Sampson returns to the trainwreck titled "St.John's." At least he knows there will be plenty of PT since nearly everybody has jumped or been dumped off the ship!!

I would say BenMac, Jamari, Perry, Charles, Zach, Landon and Anrio will be a decent [tongue in cheek] first season class next fall!! Throw in Travis, Elijah, Kevin, Justin, Nadiir, Merv and Jeff [ hopefully] as well.

Then, I would say we will once again be competitive [tongue in other cheek ] :)

Vernon Riggs 2 years, 8 months ago

I agree! {no tongue in any cheek}.

1/2/3 - BenMac, White, Naadir, EJ, Trav, Rio, Merv 4/5 - JamTray, Withey, Perry, KY, Zack, LL Cool Jam, Justin

We might play basketball like you do hockey: First Line, Second Line.

The Big12 Coaches and Media might have to pick us better than 3rd.

Chris Corley 2 years, 8 months ago

Good Omen:

1988: Rounds 1 & 2: OMAHA Regional Final: DETROIT Result: NATIONAL CHAMPS

2008: Rounds 1 & 2: OMAHA Regional Final: DETROIT Result: NATIONAL CHAMPS

2012 Round 2: OMAHA Round 2: Play dETROIT Result: NATIONAL CHAMPS

Let's play 6! Rock Chalk!

justinryman 2 years, 8 months ago

In 1988 they played in Lincoln at the Bob Devaney Sports Center.

But yes the result is the same as 2008.

In 2008 Kansas and Kst both played in Omaha.

In 1988 Kansas, Kst., and Wichita St all were in the tournament.

I did not know about Detroit being there all those times though. Nice find!

justinryman 2 years, 8 months ago

Got it, wasn't trying to be "that guy" but I guess I was,

Sorry.

And by the way, love the Hickory Jersey!

JayCeph 2 years, 8 months ago

+1(x a jillion) - I love the way your correlative relations work out. Here's hoping...

2 years, 8 months ago

Since KUSports.com did a piece on Brett Ballard and his Baker team a couple of weeks ago, I thought some might be interested to know how they fared in the NAIA tournament. Here is a link to a game results story:

741hawk 2 years, 8 months ago

Agree. Do something for the students.

DarthVada 2 years, 8 months ago

Daaa Daa Da Daaa - Daa Da Daaa - Daa Da Daaa

Bill Self, I am your father!

jaybate 2 years, 8 months ago

Good, Luke defeats his father and the emperor every time I see the flick.

Hurinfan 2 years, 8 months ago

Have to respectfully disagree with HCBS. Mizzou fans do not represent themselves well. He was probably just giving coach speak. I try my best to get under the skin of every Mizzou fan and start a fight if I can. I encourage all Jayhawks to do the same.

2 years, 8 months ago

I think Coach Self was referring to the MU team representing themselves well, not their fans.

Sally Presson 2 years, 8 months ago

Not to worry about KU fans fighting MU, we've got more class than that. Security needs to keep an eye out for the tigers, they always are on the edge.

Good luck Hawks, really looking forward to our games.

rock chalk!!!

nuleafjhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

For you serious gamblers -

This is a sure thing - bet the farm on it.

Somewhere in this tournament you will see a very original sign that says

You're Not in Kansas Anymore !

2 years, 8 months ago

Man, I don't know. That sounds awfully risky. Do you think anyone is actually brilliant enough to come up such a clever sign? :^)

Editor’s note: reply typed using sarcastic font

jaybate 2 years, 8 months ago

"JaKarr by the Numbers"

1. JaKarr Sampson commits to St. Johns, which a couple seasons back S-Canned Norm Roberts, reputedly because some AAU and Juco coaching maggots black listed him for not eating out of their palms.

2. JaKarr Samspon gets himself ineligible.

3. JaKarr Sampson reopens his recruiting and lists:

St. John's--suddenly and mysteriously recruiting much better now that Norm Roberts has been replaced by Steve Lavin.

KU--coached by Norm Roberts friend and former boss, Bill Self who is on record as standing by Norm's character.

Florida--where Billy Donovan took a stand by hiring Norm Roberts.

Providence--who doesn't matter to anyone outside Providence right now in college basketball.

1. JaKarr Sampson re-commits with St. Johns.

2. No AAU or juco coaching maggots are reputedly black listing Steve Lavin.

3. You connect the dots.

jaybate 2 years, 8 months ago

"One thing about KU fans, at least I hope, is whether you like or don’t like (the Tigers), certainly you respect the team they put on the floor. They represent themselves very, very well."--Bill Self about MU

Either Self expects to see MU later in the tournament, and is making nice, or Sheahon told him they are going to schedule MU, because they can make some bones.

Martin Rosenblum 2 years, 8 months ago

You don't think Mizz would actually pay to play KU do you? Norm Stewart would have a "high speed come-apart" , as they say down here, at the very notion that Mizzurah would drop a nickel in the State of Kansas.

Martin Rosenblum 2 years, 8 months ago

You are granted license to ue it, with the appropriate credit of course.

Tony Bandle 2 years, 8 months ago

Regarding the Missouri Fans, we could rename the Movie, "Whining Tigers, Toothless Dragons."

"....to see MU later in the tournament,...." God, I hope so because that would be the Semi-Final game in New Orleans.

Another sign that we are on a mission from God - every NCAA Kansas Championship has been on a leap year ['52, '88, '08]...2012!!

I am turning on my good luck Kansas neon bar sign come Friday night and not turning it off until we win it all [My house won't burn down in the interim, will it?]

Local Mizzou watch groups here in St.Louis are organizing to boo Kansas and cheer Detroit.....Geez, talk about P---s Envy!!

Martin Rosenblum 2 years, 8 months ago

Awesome factoid about leap-year and our NCs!

Just hope the team is prohibitted from St. Patrick's Day festivities since Sunday games would probably be fairly early.

Those Mizz. groups better gather while they can to boo the Jayhawks. The next weekend there in STL will be over-run with crimson and blue.

Dan Harris 2 years, 8 months ago

can't believe I just watched us get beat by VCU again! I knew the outcome and still couldn't believe all those 3's kept falling and falling and falling while ours kept bricking and bouncing out and going half way down and spinning out. I pray to God that we don't run into another HOT Cinderella that shoots lights out against us and then crawls back into its shell.

Dan Harris 2 years, 8 months ago

Going to suck if VCU beats the Sockers

Martin Rosenblum 2 years, 8 months ago

It really sucked when they beat the SHockers!

Benjamin Piehler 2 years, 8 months ago

Ugh. My 1st round was awful... Picked too many upsets.

Brian Conrad 2 years, 8 months ago

NU fan really talk smack on basketball.. really ??

Benjamin Piehler 2 years, 8 months ago

I'm assuming you've forgotten the preseason expectations for this team. If you would have told the Jayhawk nation we'd win the Big XII for the 8th time and head to the Sweet 16, I doubt anyone would have complained. Nobody becomes a coach of the year nominee through "poor coaching" and this is the only year recruiting has hurt.... and we're through the woods already.

Your poor attempt at trolling has me admiring what this "undermanned" team has accomplished. Thanks for reminding me!

jaybate 2 years, 8 months ago

"Some Little Known Facts about Omaha"

• Cattle sacrificing cults call Omaha by a secret name: Ahamo.

• Berkshire Hathaway handles Strategic Air Command's Doomsday Fund.

• Public nudity is allowed if it increases beef sales.

• Creighton is middle English for Cretin.

• An average of 1.2 persons per day die of boredom in Omaha.

• Omahaians observe ground hog day by waiting to see if Tom Osborne is so pale he makes people's eyes hurt, when steps out for a donut in Lincoln.

• Native sons Henry Fonda and Marlon Brando attributed their lack of gum health to the Omaha water supply.

• DARPA has twice studied Omaha in an effort to weaponize tedium.

• Marlin Perkins and Jim Fowler ghost sightings in Omaha are most frequent during tornado season.

• Moby Grape's "Omaha" is still the pop song most often associated with Omaha.

• Omaha gave KU Gale Sayers and so all joking aside, Omaha is one of the great cities of the world.

(Note: All fiction but the last one. No malice.)

Brian Conrad 2 years, 8 months ago

calling all hawk fans ... be in St Louis !! we need the homecourt fans .. s*** mizzou.. they will go to the game just to boo us... we need enough fans there to drown them out !!

Brian Conrad 2 years, 8 months ago

wooo hooo ISU wooping up on U Conn... Big Least soft . Syracuse should have been first 16 seed to loose.. they looked terrible.

brooksmd 2 years, 8 months ago

Yeah, but ISU kept shooting themselves in the foot the last 5 minutes of the first half and blew that big lead.

brooksmd 2 years, 8 months ago

Hope somebody posted this up on TRobs locker:

"Eli Holman tells Det News: "Robinson? I can handle Robinson.He has to handle me."

If this don't fire up TRob, nothing will. Any bets on the outcome of this?

Dan Harris 2 years, 8 months ago

Iowa St is blowing it! I can't stand UCONVECT U!

Bill Skeet 2 years, 8 months ago

... and congrats to former Jayhawk, Tad Boyle. I think Stallings got his first tourney win as a head coach as well.

Mike Bratisax 2 years, 8 months ago

My brackets took a major blow but seeing Mizzou go down was worth EVERY bit of it.