Thursday, June 7, 2012

KU-Northern Illinois football game to be televised on ESPNU or ESPN3

The Kansas-Northern Illinois football game scheduled for Sept. 22 in DeKalb, Ill., will be televised on the ESPN family of networks, ESPN and the Big 12 Conference announced Thursday.

The game will be shown on either ESPNU or online on ESPN3. Game time has not yet been set.

KU football has never had a game televised on ESPNU. KU's 2011 matchup against Oklahoma is the only time the Jayhawks have had a game appear on ESPN3.

Comments

JhawkalumJB 5 years, 3 months ago

Welcome to 'PRIME TIME' Jayhawk Nation.. That's what I'm talking about!!!!!!!! As far as I'm concerned the season is a success now. Sweeeeeet!!!!!!!

SEsco10 5 years, 3 months ago

Look for me on TV then cause I'll be there. ROAD TRIP!

Thomas Young 5 years, 3 months ago

I won't call it a success, but this is just one more example of why Weis turned out to be the perfect hire. He's a big name, and he shook things up and made the team interesting to follow. I can't be happier with the plan and execution we have seen from HCCW.

I've got my fingers crossed that Campo is going to make a huge difference when it comes to scheming and beating he the other teams' x's and o's. I think Weis will do the same for the offense.

The questions are, "Are the new players an upgrade enough?" and "Can the coaches get surprise performances from key players?" I seriously can't wait to watch this team.

Dirk Medema 5 years, 3 months ago

It was a good game last year even tho the records ended up at opposite ends of the spectrum. I think the expectation is that we'll falter playing them on the road this year, but I'm looking forward to the coaching and personnel changes more than making up for the difference between being at home in '11 and on the road in '12. By week 4, we won't be sneaking up on anyone, but still expecting a good game/W. The fact that it will have an audience should set things up nicely for future games.

Steve Gantz 5 years, 3 months ago

If it's on ESPN3 technically that means it's not televised, right? Just a little nit pick.

Andy Hess 5 years, 3 months ago

It's televised if you've got an XBox with Xbox live and the ESPN app.

Andy Hess 5 years, 3 months ago

It's televised if you've got an XBox with Xbox live and the ESPN app.

Saguaro_Jayhawk 5 years, 3 months ago

I watch many espn3 broadcasts on our main TV.

Foster Coburn 5 years, 3 months ago

ESPN charges Internet providers huge wads of cash to allow their customers to watch ESPN3 and it is the same amount for all ISPs regardless of size. This means that small providers can't afford to carry it. Where I live, we have no choice in providers and our ISP is too small to pay for it. I absolutely hate ANYTHING that is on ESPN3.

Saguaro_Jayhawk 5 years, 3 months ago

Seems like it would be in Disney/espn's interest to have the smaller ones carry it, even charging lower fees to/from the smaller isps. We've had it our isp's system ever since its early days as espn360.

texashawk10 5 years, 3 months ago

I look forward to watching this game. This is the first road game of the Charlie Weis era and KU hasn't won a true road game since beating UTEP in 2009. It's also the first game after the TCU game so we'll get to see how KU recovers from playing a quality the week before.

Michael Pannacciulli 5 years, 3 months ago

This may be a tough win for this squad. Excited to see Charlie's crew hit the field though...

Jake Waddle 5 years, 3 months ago

No need for TV when you'll be in the stadium!! ROCK CHALK

Daniel Cuellar 5 years, 3 months ago

I thought the UTEP game 2 or 3 seasons ago was on ESPNU.

PJ Karasek 5 years, 3 months ago

I'm getting married that day, so I will be interested to see what time Kick-off is eventually set for. If it's during the reception there WILL be a tv with it on! (This is already mutually agreed upon by me and my fiancé, as we are both Jayhawks for life)

Ron Prichard 5 years, 3 months ago

ESPNU sounds like a good deal. ESPN3 not so much. An internet feed just isn't the same as cable, even if it is affiliated with ESPN. Still, something is better than nothing.

kellerman411 5 years, 3 months ago

God I hope we knock their front teeth out in front of everyone right there on ESPNU.

Ted Toulouse 5 years, 3 months ago

This pattern is getting to be like the basketball games - ESPN only wants to televise us for AWAY games. I know for basketball it's because we always win at home and there's probably less drama. For football games, it's probably because they don't want to get their equipment into an ancient stadium with a track.

As far as ESPN3, it has been a God-send for us on the East coast because of regional coverage during basketball season. I've got the laptop hooked up to the TV so the sound is good but the picture is eh... But that's better then "watching" the box score on my phone. Here is the list of providers - seems pretty extensive to me and includes both Lawrence providers: