Originally published January 27, 2012 at 04:41p.m., updated January 27, 2012 at 06:07p.m.

Brock Berglund saga over; KU grants QB full release

Freshman quarterback Brock Berglund works out with the quarterbacks during the team's first practice on Thursday, Aug. 4, 2011.

Although it never actually began, Brock Berglund’s Kansas University football career officially is over.

Berglund, the former three-star quarterback from Highlands Ranch, Colo., who missed all of the 2011 season to deal with legal trouble in Colorado, was released from his scholarship by KU on Friday and is free to continue his playing career at another university.

“This wasn’t about whether or not (we) were going to give a kid permission to contact other schools,” KU coach Charlie Weis said via teleconference Friday evening. “It’s about doing it the way everyone else does it. I just think that everyone should follow the same protocol. One guy shouldn’t be able to send emails and try to make phone calls, when everyone else did it (differently). (Other players) came into my office, they said they’d like to go, I asked them why, we went over a list of schools that they could go to, and I let ’em go. But this young man decided that that wasn’t the way the game was gonna be played.”

Because of that, the process to gain his release — like most things associated with Berglund’s case during the past year — became drawn out and unfolded in a very public manner. Weis, who made no comment on the matter since announcing Berglund’s dismissal at a Jan. 16 news conference, said he regretted that the ordeal could not be handled internally.

“You never want anything like this to be a public deal,” Weis said. “The young man, the past few weeks, decided to take it public and we just didn’t want to go there. We didn’t want to get into a public show of who’s right and who’s wrong. This wasn’t about that. This was about what was in the best interest of Kansas football.”

Berglund officially was dismissed from the team on Jan. 16 for missing a mandatory team meeting a day earlier. Berglund said, and KU officials confirmed, that he emailed the coaching staff prior to the meeting to let them know he would not be there, but that was not good enough for Weis, who has gone full-speed-ahead in emphasizing discipline in the KU program since taking over on Dec. 9.

“Everyone wants to go to a team where the team is more important than the players and the coaches,” Weis said. “That’s what this issue is really about. It’s all about the team being the most important thing. KU football is more important than the quarterback, the head coach, everybody else. It’s bigger than that.”

Berglund did not return messages requesting his reaction to Friday’s news. Weis said Berglund had not yet provided him with a list of schools he’d like to be released to, but sources have said it may include Hawaii, Washington and Liberty, where former KU coach Turner Gill now coaches.

Although Weis and KU athletic director Sheahon Zenger said they were acting on principle on this one, the delay in releasing Berglund drew criticism from many. When asked if he was concerned about any negative affects this incident might have in dealing with future players, Weis was blunt.

“No,” he said. “As a matter of fact, it has had absolutely no impact on recruiting.”

When asked if he was concerned about a lack of depth at the quarterback position, Weis answered with equal confidence.

“I think we have that covered, OK,” he said. “I think we have that covered.”

Justin McCay update

Moving on from the Berglund news, Weis took a minute to update the status of Oklahoma transfer Justin McCay, a wide receiver from Bishop Miege High who is in the process of an appeal with the NCAA to gain eligibility for the 2012 season.

“There’s a lot of time and effort that goes into that, starting with Justin’s part, and then getting into compliance and sending it in,” Weis said. “But I think he has a fairly powerful case, and you’re kind of at the mercy of the NCAA and how they view it. Sometimes these things don’t have a lot of substance behind it. His appeal has a lot of substance behind it.”

Below is a statement from Weis, released by KU Friday afternoon:

“Today, Brock Berglund is released from his scholarship at KU to pursue other opportunities. Brock and his representatives have publicly stated their case without any public response from me to this point. Brock spent the majority of the past calendar year in Colorado taking online courses at KU’s expense, which was nearly $40,000. At no time was Brock an active participant of the football team. Once competition was recruited at the quarterback position, Brock decided he no longer wanted to be a part of the team. He was expected to show up for a mandatory team meeting on Sunday, Jan. 15, but he sent an email less than two hours before the meeting to inform us that he had decided to transfer and would not be attending the meeting. He was dismissed after following through on that promise.

Although Brock has been granted his release, I only wish that he had showed the same courtesy that other players showed and came to talk to me. He decided that he did not have to follow the same protocol as the other departing members of the football team. I believe no individual should be more important than the team. Brock did not see it that way.”

Comments

JayHok 2 years, 8 months ago

WeisMan Material.

Man I hope this entire speech makes the national news. Somehow Weis turned this into a recruiting pitch!

RCJ

LAJayhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

+... wait... [counts on fingers]... 4!!

andrewbary 2 years, 8 months ago

SO looking forward to a time when Gill's name stops showing up in stories regarding KU football.

nuleafjhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

Probably not until we win four games.

Or until we stop getting beat by 50.

SaltLakeHawk 2 years, 8 months ago

I'd like to extend a very sarcastic "Thank You" to Turner Gill for recruiting this giant d-bag, and then leaving him here, like a fart left on an elevator.

I'd also like to thank him for his 4 impressive wins.

I'd also like to thank him for being such a great guy and inspiring leader of men that half the players on the team were having academic issues.

Turner Gill is such a great guy.

Chris Bailey 2 years, 8 months ago

LMAO!!! Dude that was the funniest comment I've heard on here in quite a while!

ku_tailg8 2 years, 8 months ago

funny response. I got a good laugh.

jhawkrulz 2 years, 8 months ago

Some people count DII wins some people don't...I guess; however, .500 against DII teams isn't what I was counting on.

jhawk613 2 years, 8 months ago

It's DI-AA, not DII. Or for to use another acronym, FBS vs. FCS. Division 2 is neither FBS or FCS.

Just sayin.

d_prowess 2 years, 8 months ago

Boom! Weis is getting after it!

Dyrk Dugan 2 years, 8 months ago

and boom! it's over. wow, what a statement from CW...that is awesome! i hope a settlement was part of that deal on the course work. good riddance Mr. Berglund....we hardly knew ye, but that wasn't our fault.

afilmer 2 years, 8 months ago

i'm glad HCCW made that punk sweat it out. good riddance to bad rubbish

Tom Pritchard 2 years, 8 months ago

Good news for all...I can see why B.B. was intimidated, it would require hard work to develop from being a three star to a five star QB..Oh gee we already have two on campus...

westernkshawk 2 years, 8 months ago

Just what KU does NOT need, a selfish spoiled brat who puts the interests of the team WAY back among his priorities. His own selfish interests have probably been first and foremost his entire life and he's been catered to, allowing this to happen. I'm sure the next team on his list will find out sooner rather than later that this is the case. BEWARE!!

Robert Brock 2 years, 8 months ago

Congratulations are in order. For Tom Keegan, of course.

Bob Forer 2 years, 8 months ago

Although many didn't like it at the time, Keegan had the right call from the start.

Bob Forer 2 years, 8 months ago

actorman 2 years, 8 months ago

Yep, we all owe TK a giant mea culpa (on this one, at least).

Patrickulating 2 years, 8 months ago

Keegan may have been right about Brock never playing, but I think most of the uproar was about the perceived attack on the kid. In retrospect, though, Keegan probably had insight into the kid's (lack of) character.

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

Yes, but IMHO Keegan would have also had to have forseen Gill's termination. If Gill was still here, BB and all his drama would be as well.

dgless21 2 years, 8 months ago

From what I can gather from the Denver Post, the whole Valor Christian high school is like this. They are recruited or join the school for athletics. They are catered to hand and foot, and the athletes think the world should be handed to them.

Mark Lindrud 2 years, 8 months ago

I live in Denver and you are correct. Valor Christian HS is a jock school that treats athletes like Gods with no rules. BB maybe a talent, but sadly most kids from that school are head cases and I was hoping he would be different.

Ross Cargo 2 years, 8 months ago

Not only this, but Valor was kicked out of their league! No one wants to deal with them. I'm in Ireland and have been gone for over a week, but last I knew, Valor was "homeless" for sports as few others want to deal with their crap.

And don't give me the "they don't want to get the crap beat out of them line." Most don't have any problem getting punked by Mullen.

Even on the track, I've heard whispers of steroid use at that school.

Mike Ardis 2 years, 8 months ago

$40,000 for a year of online courses? What kind of classes was he taking and where was he taking them from? Harvard?

Benjamin Piehler 2 years, 8 months ago

Yeah, even for an out of state kid, that sounds like a lot for two semesters of online courses.

HawkTronic 2 years, 8 months ago

That number could include tutors, athletic equipment for work-outs and any number of other things. Maybe should not have been lumped with the "on-line classes", but I'm pretty sure that number is a true assessment the money spent on this kid.

dstnku34 2 years, 8 months ago

For an out of state student, $40,000 should be fairly close. The athletic scholarships are full ride meaning they don't cover tuition only, but the entire cost of attendance. This includes room and board, transportation, books, and personal expenses. KU has a calculated cost of attendance prepared for each school year and that number is the maximum amount of money that can be received through financial aid, whether on scholarship, student loans, or any combination.

Micky Baker 2 years, 8 months ago

Brock enrolled at Kansas January of last year. If he attended Summer School, the fall semester and is enrolled this semester, it would be $40,000.

Ross Cargo 2 years, 8 months ago

It could include the cost for insurance and other stuff. My niece was a walk on at KU. They gave her uniforms, sweats, shoes and most importantly, medical insurance. There was other stuff too, so maybe the figure includes all of that, and I suppose a scholarship athlete gets even more.

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 8 months ago

Translation: this little trust fund beeatch peed his pants when he saw he might have to actually work for something instead of having it handed to him.

I like most of you wish this kid all the mediocre success in the world at whatever JuCo decides to sign him.

Ben Kane 2 years, 8 months ago

someone should hire a PI to confirm that he did, in fact, pee his pants.

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 8 months ago

Crap! I shouldn't of said that. Now brocks legal team is going to come after me!

april28 2 years, 8 months ago

First...stealing someone's comment from months ago.....that has to be the worst form ever exhibited by a quarterback throwing a football since Sonny Jurgenson.

Second....like the posters before me, love the CW comments. Love, love, love our new coach.

A great day to be a Jayhawk!!!

april28 2 years, 8 months ago

Also...we should drop some crimson face masks on those helmets.

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

Just look at the avatar for insight into those fashion statements...

Maracas 2 years, 8 months ago

Good riddance. Now let's speak of him no more.

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 8 months ago

If he goes to liberty I swear on the life of my (Illegitimate) children I will go to every liberty game just to heckle.

actorman 2 years, 8 months ago

I like the idea. The only problem is, that would mean you'd be contributing money to the school started by Jerry Falwell. Now if you could get in for free, I say go for it. Otherwise, leave "Liberty" to the evilangelicals.

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

Don't forget. That's where former Kansas AG Phill Kline is, as well.

Ben Kane 2 years, 8 months ago

liberty, as in virginia? do you live in lynchburg?

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 8 months ago

No, but it will be worth the travel expense

mikehawk 2 years, 8 months ago

The Old Ball Coach is clear. He's blunt. And he doesn't fool around. I think it is great given the state of this program. Like I said in an earlier blog, this message was to put everyone on notice.

kureader 2 years, 8 months ago

Excellent comments from Weis.

Berglund went on 6.10 radio yesterday to tell everyone that his lawsuit in Denver was over nothing. And, with help from the 6.10 interviewer, who was searching for dirt on KU, Berglund also threw some mud at KU.

This kid is a piece of work.

HawkTronic 2 years, 8 months ago

This kid has spent more time on 610 than he has on the KU campus.

Chris Bailey 2 years, 8 months ago

Yeah that was long enough to have a picture taken! The kid never practiced! What a tool! What a DBag! Glad he's gone I don't want a pussy leading our future team!

John Randall 2 years, 8 months ago

No need to exaggerate – BB did participate in a two-hour walk-through practice on Aug 4, 2011, as well as picture day that summer.

Bob Forer 2 years, 8 months ago

Initially, I didn't think the administration was handling this very well But with this explanation, all I can say is Well Done Zenger and Weiss.

actorman 2 years, 8 months ago

Let's face it, for all the criticism that Zenger got when he was hired, he certainly seems to know what he's doing.

danmoore 2 years, 8 months ago

Don't see how this helps Coach Weis or KU but I'm glad it's over. Hope this is the last we hear of it.

ku_tailg8 2 years, 8 months ago

How? They are basically saying, you buy into what we are doing or you hit the road. I, for one, think thats great. I'm tired of the hugs and kisses TG put on this team. Its football. People hit people and you can't make a delicate response about that. You need guys to buy into your program and I think HCCW made a huge statement by dumping this guy....I use guy loosely.

AznSnSaTioN 2 years, 8 months ago

+1 HCCW used this situation as a statement. "I believe no individual should be more important than the team." I'm loving the attitude.

jhawk613 2 years, 8 months ago

And "Brock did not see it that way." Weis essentially is warning other coaches before they recruit him.

Mike Kendall 2 years, 8 months ago

Weis isn't going to play "patty cake" to those players who aren't willing to work. In order to get this job done, one has to get rid of the riff raft, which HCCW has done. Audios amigo, Mr. Berglund.

Benjamin Piehler 2 years, 8 months ago

Agreed, I can only imagine the fluffy goodbye speech Gill would have given

John Randall 2 years, 8 months ago

riffraff - undesirable people adios - Spanish for 'go with God'

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 8 months ago

FYI. in Spanish: Adios = Good Bye Vaya con Dios = Go with God

littlerichard 2 years, 8 months ago

I think "audios amigo" means something like, "I hear you, my friend."

dynamitehawk 2 years, 8 months ago

FYI: My name spelled backwards (etimanyd) means a whales vagina in French.

Mike Kendall 2 years, 8 months ago

Dyno---LOL. That's funny. Probably need to apologize on the spellings. I was in a hurry and got a little careless.

Graczyk 2 years, 8 months ago

Awesome Not a negative comment on here so far about how KU handled the situation. People were ticked off at first, but Weiss really turned it around. I like how he spanked BB (BaBy?) on the way out the door with his comment about the kid not wanting to compete.

Steve Brown 2 years, 8 months ago

HCCW is too soft, maybe the attnys speaking.

I would have let him go if he came to ask for it face to face, only.

just because you go to the media should not give you a pass ... screw him and 610.

Steve Brown 2 years, 8 months ago

don't jump me as no one love HCCW more than I do.

Just sayin' the cry baby should have had to walk the turf on his hands on a hot day, give the kid a day with Mangie....

If you have confrontation issues with your school and head coach, how you goin' to handle middle linebackers, go play for Gill, softie.

Brak 2 years, 8 months ago

I agree with you, and as much as I'm glad its over and how HCCW responded I think he got off much too light. He still got a free ride for one year at a AAU school and he didn't do one thing to earn it. I think they should at least make him pick up trash on campus til he pays off his debt because thats how things work in the real world.

Jean Robart 2 years, 8 months ago

Weis is a jerk. I am glad that BB got his release so that he can play college football at a school where he can be supported.

JayHok 2 years, 8 months ago

Haha! Support.

Kansas supported him for $40,000 and he was at one practice in 12 months.

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 8 months ago

@ahperse is up to 9 followers on twitter. #10 gets a free "team ahperse" t-shirt

741hawk 2 years, 8 months ago

Can we finally turn the conversation back to getting rid of the track?

JayHok 2 years, 8 months ago

All we need is a bunch of shovels, 7 rows of seats ----- train our Jayhawk to do this---- and Weis and company will have one heck of a kickoff for the 2012 football season.

wastewatcher 2 years, 8 months ago

Coach Weiss looks like a bully to me. Why is he badmouthing the kid at this time instead of just letting him go? Charlie must think his new quarterbacks are real winners even though they were both beaten out by freshmen at their previous schools. KU's record will speak for itself and remember that Charlie has a real record of honoring all of his contracts. I think Notre Dame might still be paying him. Food for thought!!!!l

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

Notre Dame's continued payment to Weis is them honoring their contract. They signed him to a guaranteed contract, they terminated him, they are paying it. Nothing complicated about that.

As for Weis "badmouthing" BB, telling it like it is can be painful.

Chew on that.

pepper_bar 2 years, 8 months ago

For someone who didn't want to make a public spectacle of this situation, Weis sure sounds like a jilted girlfriend in that totally pointless chewing-out statement at the end of the article.

ShockHawk10 2 years, 8 months ago

Not "pointless", but a response to an attack by a legal team. There's a right way and a wrong way to approach any situation and this kid chose the wrong way. Too often we, as a society, do not hold kids accountable for their actions. Weis is holding this kid accountable. At the first sign of competition, this kid wanted to back out of his commitment to the University of Kansas. He attempted to do so through e-mails. A move in poor taste by a spoiled, classless child. The University supported him while he dealt with assault charges (that is telling in and of itself), and he did not show an ounce of respect to the University, the athletic department, the coaching staff, and his teammates. This is a teaching moment, and Weis approached it as such. "I believe no individual should be more important than the team." Awesome! I hope this kid learns and grows from his embarrassing mistake. RCJH and RC HCCW!

P.S. Your posts are consistently negative in nature and highly critical of all things KU football. Is your negativity restricted to just this site or all areas of your life? Just wondering.

pepper_bar 2 years, 8 months ago

1. You probably haven't read all my LJW posts. 2. I haven't posted much here since the coaching change debacle, when I was indeed highly critical of KU's handling of the whole process. I'm glad I made such an impression on you. 3. Not to worry, I am very content in my life. Thank you for your interest.

ShockHawk10 2 years, 8 months ago

"Debacle", interesting choice of words. You're welcome and thank you for your reply.

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

Sounds to me like you've got the roles reversed. Who just released their first statement on the topic (at the conclusion of the matter) and who has been crying to her media girlfriends all along like Nicki Wright on 610 and Brandi Fanning on KCTV 5?

As for the "pointless chewing out" Weis merely called it likes he sees it and laid out how he expects team members to act. If you don't like that, go play for Turner Gill-that's apparently how he rolls-no accountability. Show up if/when you feel like it.

pepper_bar 2 years, 8 months ago

Kid was already out the door. Mr. Weis was just yelling at him once more while someone still cared about his opinion of the matter. Someone get Mr. Weis a tissue.

And someone should really follow up on that 40K figure. If it's accurate, KU's online programs seem woefully mismanaged.

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

Someone needs to get you a tissue. Perhaps you and BB should find a quiet room and have a little sniffle fest.

sundancewierdo 2 years, 8 months ago

Suddenly BB doesn't have anything to say to the media? Interesting...

sundancewierdo 2 years, 8 months ago

I should have said... suddenly BB doesn't have any e-mails to send to media outlets? Hiding behind a smart phone?

jhawkrulz 2 years, 8 months ago

I wonder when Coach Weis is going to gather all of his players together and fill out surveys to share how much each of them have in common.

Maybe just maybe, HCCW is happy that they all show up for practice, work their tails off, and show respect...Hopefully that is enough in common to make this a solid team. He had a 100% graduation rate at ND, and I would anticipate that he will be near 100% while he is here at KU. So basically football and academics...

KCJay 2 years, 8 months ago

You got to hand it to Brock Berglund. If he keeps it up, he could write a book illustrating how to get a free college education without doing a thing. I think we have found our new poster boy for the medicaid of higher learning. Good luck to you.

woodscolt 2 years, 8 months ago

Hope Mr. berglund finds a place that he can mature as a person and as a football player. I think the legal problem was blown way out of perspective and that caused a lot of additional problems. I am glad to see that KU gave him his release. There is no way KU could look good doing otherwise no matter what their justification might be. People forget that these athletes are kids and sometimes behave that way. They don't always use the best judgement but shouldn't be throw under the bus because of it. Might like to see a little more details on the 40K. I don't buy that part of the story.

april28 2 years, 8 months ago

Get off our website Mrs. Berglund.

april28 2 years, 8 months ago

Get off our website Mrs. Berglund.

kureader 2 years, 8 months ago

Berglund exhibited poor judgement when he popped some kid in a bar. After that, his parents and attorneys controlled pretty much everything. They're the ones whose judgement is impaired. Even Berglund's radio comments on 6;10 were prepared with the approval of his attorney, there's no doubt.

DoctorTK 2 years, 8 months ago

Kudos to Coach Wise! I have learned so much from the wisdom in his words and actions since his introductory. I don't know a thing about football but there is no doubt he is building a path towards success. If head coach Charlie Weis can be an inspiration for someone who knows nothing about football, imagine the positive influence he can have on the players. KU is very lucky to have him!

RCJH

HAWKTOPIA 2 years, 8 months ago

This whole procedure was regrettable. When a young man develops the desire to become a Jayhawk, his whole existence changes course. When that Jayhawk seed is planted and then lies dormant for an eternity, we all must try a bit harder. We can stand tall in knowing that we optimistically offered this young man our best effort, but were unable to convince him there was a greater cause than himself.

HCCW knows that ordinary men in an above average system will beat extraordinary men in a bad system every time. His dedication to an above average system will help to elevate KU accordingly.

RCJH KU

newmedia 2 years, 8 months ago

Give me Liberty or give me Hawaii...

Hammertoe 2 years, 8 months ago

Let me think... Lawrence Kansas or Hawaii?

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

Hmm. Start at Liberty or ride the bench at Hawaii?

jhox 2 years, 8 months ago

I'm glad that Weis finally made a public comment. This situation was pretty much what I suspected it was all along. I still believe both sides made errors here. Assuming it is true that Weis' or Powlus told Berglund he would be competing for the back up spot, not the starting spot, then that was the coaching staff's mistake.

I don't believe a coach should ever award a position to someone for just showing up. Now, if they said something along the lines of, "Realistically, we don't see you having much of a chance to beat out Crist given his background in our system, but that doesn't mean you won't have the opportunity." That sort of handling of the situation I would be fine with me. Berglund's side of the story was that he was told he would not be competing for the starting position. If true, then that's just poor handling of the situation by our coaches.

jhox 2 years, 8 months ago

Chris Shaw 2 years, 8 months ago

Honestly, who cares what was said. Weis knew and we all knew that he didn't have any plans Berglund in his future. With that said, a majority of kids don't know how transfer rules work so just grant the kid his release and let him move on with his career.

Weis, with that public statement, is him getting the last word in which I think is embarassing! To be honest, I hate dictators and Weis didn't want to make it a "Public Show", but he certainly got the last word in.........didn't he? So...............in essence we all got a show!

Nice public statement, Weis! Give me a break!

KCJay 2 years, 8 months ago

Berglund made it public knowledge(being the attention ho that he is). What's wrong with making a declarative and supportive statement after being slandered? Have you ever thought that the parents should have stepped in to help? Brock plays in a team sport. He has only thought of himself and his egotistical arrogance. I do empathize that he has had to learn his parents lesson as well. Maybe they are made from that same mold.

jhawkrulz 2 years, 8 months ago

At least Crist showed up...can't say that much about BB...that is the problem.

Jason Keller 2 years, 8 months ago

You can kick rocks Brock. Your an immature front-running pu@@ie. It's your type of undedicated cancerous attitude that Weis is trying to cut out of this program. Don't think for a second that your release was denied because this program is in anyway fearful of where you might land. We don't care. You can play for Bill Snyder if you want, in fact, please do. You were being denied because you chose not to hold up your end of the deal. You're damn lucky you got released. Let this be a lesson to all you kids who refuse to take responsibility for their actions.

kranny 2 years, 8 months ago

There are some people that controversy seems magnetized to. I don't think this will be the last that we hear of BB in regards to "issues".

Chris Shaw 2 years, 8 months ago

This is a prime example of college coaches holding to much power IMO. Look, I'm a Weis advocate, but much to my disliking we all knew shop was going to be cleaned at the student-athletes expense. I mean, that's what happens when you get new coaches trying to turn around a bad football program.

Just because Weis may have not liked how Beguland went about things, don't hold it against the kid. Grant the kid his release and let him move on! Don't hold him captive trying to prove a point. More than likely, Weis was going to push him out of the program anyway so he shouldn't be shocked. Can't have it both ways, Weis!

Unfortunately, in this situation Weiss wants to be able to clean shop "His Way" and sometimes not everybody agrees with those methods. That's fine, but allow those kids to move on without the public display. Take care of business, let the kids move on without any hassle and show some class putting the chairs up and mopping the floors.

KCJay 2 years, 8 months ago

I'm not so sure the HCCW wanted to get rid of Berglund. He, obviously, wouldn't take him on his terms. BB never proved himself on or off the field. And these were his choices. If BB wanted to become a serious and developed athlete, I think he could've stayed. He must not have a lot of faith in his own skills if he runs off at the sign off of competition. BB could've easily become the backup QB for next year(that is if he has the talent) and could have learned something while doing it. This is a kid that had to do community service for something he didn't do. I don't think so. I'd say that he got off pretty easy. And then he has to lash out at someone(or something)else. How are those anger management sessions working for you? Grow up. Wasn't that a Christian school from which he graduated? He must not have learned it there either. No one has the right to continue abusing people and institutions because they don't play by his rules

JayHok 2 years, 8 months ago

It's a national story. Best of luck to BB in the future as a CU Buff or UCLA Bruin but man this was his hole he dug over 12 months of bad decisions, certainly not Weis' hole. Dude made it to one practice zero games and took courses at home. Can we have our $40,000 back?

bville_hawk 2 years, 8 months ago

"allow those kids to move on without the public display"

BB is the one who took it public with his lawyer's press release.

cobweb 2 years, 8 months ago

Brock Berglund = Micah Downs. Good riddance.

Joseph Kuebel 2 years, 8 months ago

Jordan Tavai, the DT committed!

Both Draper and Bentley committed, the two DBs...

And the Texan committed, too! According to jayhawkslant.com!!! Arnick-Ahhh!!! Good, some athletes on the defensive side of the ball where we need it the most!!!!

Rock Chalk, Jayhawk nation is proud to have you!

Joseph Kuebel 2 years, 8 months ago

My mistake, read Bentley and Drapery were headed to Kansas, they meant on a visit not on a committment.

Joseph Kuebel 2 years, 8 months ago

Tavai shd have an immediate impact also. I'm ready to hear his name at Memorial next year, or on tv will suffice.