Monday, January 23, 2012

Texas A&M not planning on having Khris Middleton against Kansas

Texas A&M's Khris Middleton (22) dries around Utah State's Brian Green, left, and Modou Niang, right, in the first half of an NCAA first-round college basketball game in Spokane, Wash., Friday, March 19, 2010.

Texas A&M junior forward Khris Middleton, who suffered a knee injury in Saturday's home win over Oklahoma, will likely not play in Monday night's game at Kansas, coach Billy Kennedy said on Monday's Big 12 coaches call.

"We are not planning on him playing," Kennedy said. "He is still having problems with his knee. It doesn't look like it's a lot worse than when he fell on it the other day, but he's just not 100 percent, and we're planning on playing without him."

Kennedy said the Aggies will "get a second opinion early this week and a feel if there's anything wrong with it any more. We don't think so. It's kind of a wait and see thing to give him more time to heal and more time to rest at this point."

Comments

Tony Bandle 2 years, 2 months ago

Nice comment under the picture above...I guess he got all wet during the warm-ups!! :)

Doezn't anibodee chek anythin aneemoor???

andy acosta 2 years, 2 months ago

martyks...I have always "thunk" Tyshawn was a great player. It's very rare for any 1 or 2 guard to step in and start as a freshman at KU. I absolutely love Sherron and think he is the model for what an extraordinary college player should look like, but Tyshawn is better than him. I listen to people talk about how selfish he is and how he turns the ball over. I can count numerous times when I am sitting on my couch screaming to shoot when he has a wide open three. But, he is smarter than me and passes up a free shot to get inside the lane and finish at a much higher percentage. This kids ceiling is so high and we have witnessed a transformation unlike any other guard in recent KU history. Sure we see it with our bigs but why don't we start giving credit to our coaching staff for how well they have molded Tyshawn.

Tony Bandle 2 years, 2 months ago

College basketball is a funny thing, because sometimes the impossible happens.......but not tonight.

As I have posted before, the Davidson loss may be one of the key games of the year for Kansas because Coach Self can always use it as a wake up call and a challenge to the Hawks not to let it happen again.

martyks 2 years, 2 months ago

I just hope the team takes care of business and never lets them in the game at all. The key is a typically fast start in AFH, then secure it with solid play. I have come full circle on Tyshawn Taylor. Self saw the talent and assumed it would come out in time. I think he had little choice, but to play the kid and hope he came around. At this point, though he still makes an ocassional bad play, he's one of the top guards in the country. I would never have thunk it. Way to go, Coach!

Which reminds me, a friend of mine asked this question: Who, besides Bill Self, deserves to be named coach of the year? If we win the Big XII, how would anyone else be even close? So far, this is Coach Self's greatest year of coaching, bar none.

REHawk 2 years, 2 months ago

Gotta try not to look ahead. We've 4 days yet for practice vs. Iowa State in Ames Saturday. A 7-0 record would look splendid late tonight. Hopefully, our bench guys will get some major experience while starters can glean rest. We just navigated through a very taxing week of competition, stressful to Thomas, perhaps bruising to Tyshawn's bum leg or Travis' foot.

yates33333 2 years, 2 months ago

BigDhawk. Excellent point, on the road or not. They are as good as Davidson, actually I think better.

Richard Wright 2 years, 2 months ago

Remember Tennessee a couple of years ago? A bunch of starters were suspended, etc. and a group of reserves and walk-ons handed our "arse" to us. One of the most embarrassing losses in recent memory.

William Blake 2 years, 2 months ago

Tough break. Middleton can hoop it up well. Hate to see any athlete struggle with injuries. Good luck, Khris!

Kent Wells 2 years, 2 months ago

Bummer. I hate playing teams not at 100%. But, only turns a 25-30 point game into a 35-40 point game.