Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Talking Tim Tebow: Ex-Jayhawk Chris Harris happy to have quarterback on his side in Denver

Denver Broncos strong safety Chris Harris (25) celebrates with free safety Quinton Carter after Carter intercepted a pass by Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the second quarter of their NFL wild-card playoff game Sunday in Denver. The Broncos won in overtime, leaving Harris — a Kansas University product — on one of just eight teams still alive.

The first time former Kansas University defensive back Chris Harris met Tim Tebow, he was too fired up to notice.

“My first encounter with him was during (preseason) camp, the day they announced who made the team,” Harris said during a phone interview Monday afternoon.

Today, Harris, the undrafted free agent from Kansas, and Tebow, the former first-round quarterback from Florida who possesses serious star power, have become key players on the Denver Broncos’ run into the second round of the NFL playoffs.

Although they play different positions and come from different places, Harris and Tebow represent what has made the Broncos successful this season. Both are tireless workers with tiny egos, and that mentality has meshed well with the rest of Denver’s roster. From veterans such as Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins — both still grinding for that first Super Bowl ring in the twilight of Hall of Fame careers — to a stellar class of rookies that includes 2011 No. 2 overall pick and Pro Bowl selection Von Miller, the Broncos and first-year head coach John Fox consistently put the team ahead of everything. That led to an AFC West Division title and an upset of the Pittsburgh Steelers in the first round of the playoffs Sunday.

“We’ve been working hard all season,” Harris said. “All of us. We just realized that the game is definitely bigger than us as individuals.”

While the team has been the focus inside the locker room, Tebow talk has dominated headlines just about everywhere else.

“Tebowing” — an actual verb, defined as: “to get down on a knee and start praying, even if everyone else around you is doing something completely different” — has taken the world by storm, and “Tebow Time” has become as popular among football phrases as first down or field goal.

Harris said the polarizing quarterback has been pretty quiet about all the publicity. The way he sees it, Tebow probably is used to it.

“We knew Tebow had all the media hype,” Harris said. “But that just comes with him being the quarterback at Florida and winning those national championships and the Heisman. People like Tim can handle that, though, and that’s part of the reason people like him are great players.”

Does all the praise being tossed at his quarterback bother Harris or any of the other Broncos’ players?

“Oh, man, we don’t care,” Harris said. “We understand that’s how it’s going to be. We know that Tim’s a leader on this team, and we really don’t care who gets the praise as long as we get the win at the end of the day. Since the first day we got here, he’s been a hard worker and has been doing everything he can to gain the trust of his teammates and his coaches and really just prove to everyone that he can play.”

Now that he has the Broncos positioned as one of the eight NFL teams still standing, Tebow’s confidence and popularity both have grown. For Harris, a 2011 KU graduate and starting cornerback on KU’s 2008 Orange Bowl championship team, playing with a player like Tebow has been a thrill. Asked what Tebow trait he admired most, Harris pointed to the one for which most of his KU teams were known.

“Probably his heart, his will to win,” Harris said. “He’s not a traditional quarterback like everyone wants him to be, but he’s kind of like me and a lot of other players on this team. We all just have a chip on our shoulder, and we always play hungry.”

Kind of sounds a little like another quarterback Harris used to know.

“It’s definitely a totally different game, but the way he’s able to keep plays alive with his legs, that’s pretty much the same thing Todd (Reesing) did in college,” Harris said of KU’s record-setting quarterback.

As was the case with Reesing, Harris said the team counts on Tebow to deliver from start to finish, not just when the fourth quarter arrives and the world is buzzing about Tebow Time.

“When it comes down to it, we know if Tebow has the ball in the fourth quarter, we have a great chance of winning,” Harris said.

During his first professional season, Harris was named to the all-rookie team and finished fourth among rookies in tackles, with 72. That total was tops among all first-year defensive backs and ranked him four spots ahead of Miller (64) and six spots ahead of Denver safety Quinton Carter (56). Harris’ five tackles Sunday tied him for third on the team during Denver’s 29-23 overtime victory against Pittsburgh.

Before the season, Harris signed a three-year contract with Denver that, when completed, will pay him a total of $1.47 million, according to the terms of the NFL’s new collective bargaining agreement.

KU football adds 2 to staff

KU officials Monday announced the addition of Adam Sitter and Scott Vestal to Charlie Weis’ football staff.

Both come to KU after spending time at the University of Florida, where Weis was the offensive coordinator during the 2011 season.

Sitter will serve as KU’s director of high school relations and most recently worked as a graduate assistant under Weis and the UF offense in 2011. Prior to that, he coached high school football for six seasons in his native Orlando.

Vestal will serve as KU’s assistant director of football operations and most recently worked in quality control for Florida’s defense in 2011. Prior to that, the Dallas native worked the same job at Texas in 2010.

Comments

WhoSaidThat 2 years, 8 months ago

OKAY! We had the "Tod's thoughts on Tebow" and now this. No more talking about Tebow. Yes, I know Harris played at KU and he plays for the Broncos but really we get enough Tebow from ESPN and everywhere else. I would rather this say "Chris Harris, nice corner in the NFL going into his first playoffs", and skip the Tebow thoughts.

Cmill1221 2 years, 8 months ago

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Cmill1221 2 years, 8 months ago

Not a hatter, he's just a horrible passer. It's a fact.

letourneau41 2 years, 8 months ago

He may not be the best passer but he put up more yards on the #1 pass defense in the league than any other quarterback.

Stephen Johnson 2 years, 8 months ago

the haters keep hating and Tebow keeps winning.

Stephen Johnson 2 years, 8 months ago

the haters keep hating and Tebow keeps winning.

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

We'll see how well that trend continues next week at New England. Were it not for the fact Pittsburgh was significantly hampered by injuries, I don't believe Denver would have won the game.

New England's defense is suspect, but I don't believe Denver will be able to outscore Brady & company. They couldn't do it in Denver and it will be even tougher at New England.

timtation 2 years, 8 months ago

No he's not. If you're going to give him the wins then you need to give him the loses too. Tebow hasn't won any games, cause if not for a defense keeping Denver in the games and a fumble and the field goal kicker, Denver wouldn't even be in the playoffs. If anything Tebow did everything to cause the team to lose.

Gregor Southard 2 years, 8 months ago

yeah, 31.6 yards per completion sucks

jhawkrulz 2 years, 8 months ago

John 3:16...google that SNL skit.

hawk316 2 years, 8 months ago

Actually, I thought this was a good angle for a story. Tebow is VERY big news right now, and Chris Harris is one of our own. I'm really happy for Chris. I also enjoyed his perspective on Tebow. Thanks Matt.

2 years, 8 months ago

Speaking of 316, I thought this was kind of cool regarding Tebow and his performance Sunday against the Steelers:

• Favorite Bible Scripture: John 3:16
  • Total Passing Yards: 316
  • Yards Per Completion: 31.6
  • TV Rating of Game : 31.6

hawk316 2 years, 8 months ago

txrock, I saw that, too. Pretty amazing. What are the odds of something like that happening? Which leads me to conclude that there was divine influence involved on this one. It seems like the Lord really wanted people to read John 3:16!!! I read where that Bible verse was the highest googled site following the game.

2 years, 8 months ago

I also doubt it’s a coincidence :) If it helps stir interest in the Bible, or better yet, brings people to have a relationship with Christ who otherwise might not have, it could certainly be seen as supernatural.

p.s. Guessing your screen name might have something to do with that scripture as well? Very cool if so! I always enjoy the positive perspective you provide in your posts.

hawk316 2 years, 8 months ago

Thanks, bro. I appreciate the encouragement. And you're right about my screen name.

letourneau41 2 years, 8 months ago

If you don't want to hear about it. DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK. No one forced you to read this article.

timtation 2 years, 8 months ago

and someone needs to tell Tebow "God doesn't exist."

Kevin Studer 2 years, 8 months ago

So, the crowd erupts like 4 times a game?

Andrew Washington 2 years, 8 months ago

Can't wait till Broncos vs. Patriots round 2

hawk316 2 years, 8 months ago

As a Chief's fan, it feels rather strange to be rooting for the Broncos, but it's hard to resist rooting for such an impressive young man as Tim Tebow. This kid is for real, and he's only going to get better. What a compelling story he has become!

treed14ku 2 years, 8 months ago

Tait is a big Broncos fan so he is using this as a platform to talk about his team. This should be a site for KU news, not Tebow news. Most people who come to this site hate the Broncos so its pretty lame journalism to say the least. Tebow is already overhyped and talked about too much in the media, lets keep this as one Tebow free zone. Okay, Tait?

sfbevo 2 years, 8 months ago

I enjoyed the article and don't hate the Broncos. Chief fans don't have the right at KU games to yell Chiefs during the national anthem and you certainly don't have the right to tell Kansas newspapers what and whom to write about. Good job Matt.

gdkadjayhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

Actually, you don't. It's called free speech. You don't have to buy the paper - that's the only right you have.

blackhawkjayhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

Wrong again. Free speech covers my speech, correct? Or just the newspapers? So, I'm telling you and the LJW right now to stop running articles on Tim Tebow.

Do you understand now or should I explain it more slowly?

oldrocker 2 years, 8 months ago

Enjoyed the article...good work Matt! Hey, blackwack...go suck an egg. No one cares about your free speech.

gdkadjayhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

OK, you have the right to speak out - just not the right to see any results. So speak away, fast or slowly - just don't expect to see any results, except for others who exercise their right to tell you to shut it.

gdkadjayhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

...or start your own paper - then you'd have the right to print whatever you want.

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

The next article will be a retrospective on Denver's 9-9 season ;-)

letourneau41 2 years, 8 months ago

Why would you click on an article titled "Talking Tebow" if you don't want to hear about the Broncos and Tebow. No one is forcing you to click on the link. Your just pissed that your Chiefs are sitting at home.

HawksWin 2 years, 8 months ago

Tait, Great article! Thanks bunch for the Harris + Tebow connection. Let Tebowing continue. Tebow got me to watch the damn playoffs!

Andrew Washington 2 years, 8 months ago

Had KC won that close game with the raiders at home- they would have been back to back AFC west champions and they would have made another playoff birth (they made it last year) since they beat the Broncos in the last game...Denver was also lucky that San Diego managed to beat a hot Oakland team. I'm rooting for Tim Tebow and the Broncos..but after back to back losses they pretty much backed their way into the playoffs...Just reminding you how close the AFC west standings were. You make it sound like the broncos breezed into the playoffs-but in reality their record is nearly the same as the other afc west teams. Just sayin.,

letourneau41 2 years, 8 months ago

A hot Oakland team? The lost 4 or their last 5. That's why Hue Jackson is looking for a job.

jayhawk96 2 years, 8 months ago

Ditto. TRASH.
Most of these replies smack of bitterness and jealousy. Tebow has inspired the city of Denver (like his religious beliefs or not), and it's been a blast the past several months.

Also, I'll admit I didn't realize there is a jayhawk on the team. Now I'll pay closer attention.

Thanks for the article!

Sam Brockert 2 years, 8 months ago

Because a lot of us are from the kansas city area... We grew up watching the chiefs AND the jayhawks. Deal with it.

jhawkln 2 years, 8 months ago

+1000 Never root for any teams from Mizzou. If Kansas had a pro sports team I would root for them. Jackson County Chiefs suck!

Displayhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

Ummm ....... The Kaw runs west to east until it dumps into the Missouri River, so how can you venture east of it??? I'm just sayin'

Jace FitzGibbon 2 years, 8 months ago

we need more tebow articles everyday!

but yeah chris is doing a great job for the broncos. hes all over the field and im proud to have him represent the jayhawks

Kevin Studer 2 years, 8 months ago

I can't wait until te end of next season, when Tim Tebow is the starting fullback for the Miami Dolphins.

blackhawkjayhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

Ben Rothlesberger (sp) screwed us again.

More headlines to come in Matt's series on Tebow:

Tebow once drove through Kansas.

Tebow watched part of KU's win against Memphis.

Tebow believes that the Wizard of Oz is satanic.

Tebow would like to meet Dorothy. She's cute and sweet. Though she may be a little too adventurous to take home to mom.

blackhawkjayhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

Yes! Somewhere during that game, they actually showed some Bobby tape. That would be a real article!

Mark Lindrud 2 years, 8 months ago

Living here in Denver I can say Tebow is loved by so many people. I have known about Tebow since he was a freshman at FLorida and he has been a winner where ever he has gone. I am not saying he is the next Brady, Rodgers or Brees, but he is a fighter and a leader. If Denver makes him the starter next year he will get a chance to have an off season to work on his game and he will improve. How much will he improve? Who knows, but he is improving so with time he maybe a really good quarterback, but we have to wait and see on that. For now, he leads his team to wins and for now that is what any playoff team wants.

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 8 months ago

Ljw please remove this comment. Using a line from the movie Beaches is in direct violation of the terms of usage!

Ron Prichard 2 years, 8 months ago

Damn, Atl, he has a point. Bette Midler? To think I consider you one of the more reasonable and thoughtful posters on here. All will be forgiven if you go buy some PBR, drag race your camaro down the main drag and re-grow the mullet. A better line about Tebow would be Ricky Bobby: "Hell, I piss excellence." Not sure Tebow would appreciate it, but it is somewhat fitting.

(Sometimes I wonder if anyone else thinks I am as funny as I do. Then I go back to my ego-centric bubble and talk about me some more.)

meremy 2 years, 8 months ago

(spits coffee all over computer screen)

blackhawkjayhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

He led his team to one playoff win this year. Not plural. This makes him the same as three other quarterbacks in the league. I'll be looking forward to tomorrow's LJW articles on Drew Brees and others this week.....right?

Mark Lindrud 2 years, 8 months ago

Who said he won more than one playoff game? Since Harris is a former jayhawk I don't mind him giving us insight of one of the hottest topics in the league since Harris is in the know as Tebow's teammate.

timtation 2 years, 8 months ago

baldjedi- If he doesn't have it by now he'll never have it. Denver fans forget that a 7-9 Seahawk team beat the defending super bowl champs Saints last year. In short the playoff win was a fluke.

Mark Lindrud 2 years, 8 months ago

It is still too early to say if he has it as you say. He has shown skills and plenty of ability to be successful so he will need to work on his craft and have an actual offseason to see if he is able to improve. Not every qb comes to the nfl ready to be a all-pro. I also believe the Seahawk team was a fluke even before they got to the playoffs and Denver is a team with potential to get better next year.

JayDocMD 2 years, 8 months ago

This... and more KU football threads period: recruiting news/updates, DC search, interview of Heaps and/or Crist (they are both in town now.) It's been quite a dry spell for any current KU football news on LJW.

Ron Prichard 2 years, 8 months ago

I'm going through KU football news withdrawal. When have those words ever been uttered in January?

jhawkrulz 2 years, 8 months ago

Did you not see that Tebow is going to be our new DC? He'll also run other parts of the football program...yet to be determined.

Gene Jackson 2 years, 8 months ago

Hey, we in Colorado read the paper, too. We enjoy getting this kind of news from the Lawrence Journal World. Thanks, Matt. Go Broncos!

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

You don't get sufficient coverage of all things Tebow in Colorado papers, The Christian Science Monitor, ESPN, etc?

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

I agree. Personally, I'm not so sick of Tebow himself as I am of the constant fawning coverage of him on the sidelines praying or tebowing, etc.

I also have to wonder how long he'll last as a quarterback when he runs as much as he does. One of these days a defensive end or linebacker is going to light him up. In addition, I don't believe I've seen as many passes thrown at receiver's feet since Adam Barman left.

oldrocker 2 years, 8 months ago

I appreciate the Adam Barman joke, however, I only remember a couple of bounce passes yesterday and most of his long passes were almost perfect.

As for how long he will last, Tebow is 6' 3" and 236 lbs...that's a big running back. The better he gets as a passer, the less he will run the ball.

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

Rocker, I'll certainly give Tebow credit for his downfield passing accuracy in that game. He also threw a couple of nice sideline passes as well. Nevertheless, that game is a bit of an outlier for Tebow. Note the week before against better corners, Tebow wasn't nearly as successful overall.

As for Tebow's size, many NFL running backs are that big (or close to it) and they typically have relatively short careers. I see Tebow's scrambling/running as one of his greatest attributes and while you might coach him up to being a better, more effective passer, when pressured I believe he will revert to his instincts and run. As such he is susceptible to getting blasted. Sooner or later I believe it will happen.

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 8 months ago

I hate when articles are written only to get responses from the readers. For that reason I will not be posting a response.

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 8 months ago

Wait...by posting...didn't I just...ah crap!

VaJay 2 years, 8 months ago

Like it or not, Tebow is the flavor of the month in the sportsworld, and as long as the article had something interesting about Chris Harris & how well he's doing, I'm fine with that. It also makes me wish that some team would've given Reesing a shot (I'm thinking of the Redskins specifically - he had to be better than their QBs this season).

What I'm really annoyed about is I got so caught up in the game, I forgot to look for Chris in there & didn't get to notice any of his tackles, etc.

jacqueshock 2 years, 8 months ago

Adam Sitter of Dr. Phillips! Ahhhh DP! Ahhhh DP! Recruit Orlando.

JayHok 2 years, 8 months ago

A couple more outstanding adds by Weis to the staff today. Two more from the University of Florida.

Welcome Scott Vestal and Adam Sitter!

Michael Maris 2 years, 8 months ago

Ok, things must really be getting boring in the Sports Dept. @ LJW. I know Tait, you said yesterday that you were going to be writing this story.

But, it seems that the longer the NFL Playoffs drag out, the more it seems that a LB Coach with the 49er's chances of becoming the DC @ KU FB is coming to fruition.

Ron Prichard 2 years, 8 months ago

I keep thinking the same thing. I think it would have to be someone with one of the teams left still playing or there would have been an announcement by now. With college ball completely over now, and only a few teams still remaining in the NFL playoffs, the field keeps getting narrowed down. Plus, I think the person is already on board but they are just delaying the announcement because I don't believe they would have hired any of the defensive coaches without the future DC's approval. I'm still hoping for Leavitt.

rockemchalkemrobots 2 years, 8 months ago

Tomorrow on KU Sports: Todd Reesing Talks About Chris Harris' Thoughts On Playing With Tebow.

John Boyle 2 years, 8 months ago

-1 Keeping working on it and you might come up with something funny or amusing to say.

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

How about "Todd Tiahart Tells Tait to Talk to Tebow"

Points for alliteration?

bville_hawk 2 years, 8 months ago

I like the fact that Vestal has Texas ties and Texas roots.

txhawk06 2 years, 8 months ago

There's not been this much interest in a white Bronco since O.J......

txhawk06 2 years, 8 months ago

actually, I think attention is a better word.

jayhwkr77 2 years, 8 months ago

Intelliegent Broncos fans who have a desire to get to the SUPER BOWL (not eak into the playoffs) should be scared to death of Tebow continuing to win.

In the 2012 NFL World, the League is ALL about the QB. In order to win it all, its imperative that you have a top tier QB. This is not hating, this is being Realistic. Tebow will NEVER be the guy to lead a team to the Super Bowl.

As a Chiefs fan, I am pulling strongly for Tebow to continue to win, b/c I am smart enough to realize he will never get a team all the way to the top. (I don't hate Tebow, this has been a good story, but I'm just being realistic)

Lost_in_the_Phog 2 years, 8 months ago

As a chiefs fan as well, I reeeeealy hope Tebow wins his next 3 games. Because if he wins the Super Bowl, then they will have to start him again next year, and obviously the Broncos could never win with him as the starting quarterback!

jhawk613 2 years, 8 months ago

the irony is strong with this one.

blackhawkjayhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

I plan on watching the Patriots game this weekend. I went to KU. Matt: do you want to do an article on me?

This needs to be a Tebow-less zone.

dhinkansas 2 years, 8 months ago

How in the heck did we end up with a Bette Midler reference in one of the posts above on a KU sports site? What's next...a plane overhead carrying a banner saying Cher hearts Tebow?

bad_dog 2 years, 8 months ago

Lady Gaga reportedly tweeted she thought he was an f'ing champion.

I'll bet Tebow loved that endorsement...

Matt Tait 2 years, 8 months ago

I can respect all of the anti-Tebow feelings on this board, but I think you guys are missing the point. Like it or not, this dude is one of the biggest stories in all of sports right now and, through Harris, we have a direct connection to learn a little more about him. I'm sorry, but I'm going to jump on that every day of the week.

Part of my job is to write things that my readers want to read. And another part of it is to write about things that are hot and stories people are talking about. By combining the two here, I thought this would be a home run and I still think it is.

This had nothing to do with me being a Broncos fan and everything to do with this being a pretty cool story about an awesome former Jayhawk and his up-close-and-personal view of the Tebow phenomenon. Besides, it's a story that not every paper in the country could get with just a simple phone call.

As for those wondering why I didn't just make the story about Chris... I already did that, two months ago. Here's the link.

I also just posted a blog about the DC search. See, if you just give me time, I can get to all of it.

Have a great day, everyone!

hawk316 2 years, 8 months ago

Well said, Matt. Keep up the good work.

Matt Tait 2 years, 8 months ago

Gotcha... Definitely a difference there. Always appreciate the feedback, good and bad. Have a great day!

Ron Prichard 2 years, 8 months ago

AtlJaybird's got to let it go. His wife is making him watch Beaches. He'll be back all teary-eyed in a couple of hours. Until then, let's talk about me.

gdkadjayhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

Well said - or should I say "Amen"?

Mike Kendall 2 years, 8 months ago

Matt,

Great angle to your story. Thanks! I enjoy reading your articles, BTW.

Michael Pannacciulli 2 years, 8 months ago

Scary thing is Matt...it's only a matter of time before we lose you to a larger publication or media conglomerate...you do solid work...and seem to have the respect of way too many of the posters...hahaha...keep it up.

timtation 2 years, 8 months ago

For the record, I didn't read your article all I saw was Tebow in the headlines and knew I had to tell you and the other Tebow prophets to shut up about Tebow. BTW he's a liar and sinner. Does that hurt the prophets feelings? What has Tebow ever done around his community? Tebow put your money where your mouth is. Liar!

timtation 2 years, 8 months ago

and another thing, where did Tebow get that cold sore?

HawksWin 2 years, 8 months ago

Matt, Love your article. Keep it coming. Those who don't like Tebow, don't read the article and you have nothing to bitch about. Thanks for the article Matt!!!! I forwarded it to other Jayhawk fans!

jgrobb 2 years, 8 months ago

Agree Matt. And didn't John Fox coach at Kansas back in the 80's?

Tony Bandle 2 years, 8 months ago

Mark my word, but sooner or later the NFL will declare kneeling in prayer a taunting penalty and he will draw a flag...just watch and see!!! That will be a sad day indeed.

gdkadjayhawk 2 years, 8 months ago

Didn't the NCAA (or maybe it was the NFL) try to do something like that a few years ago, banning "pray circles" where the players of both teams knelt on the field together after the games?

HawksWin 2 years, 8 months ago

Oak, I won't be surprised! Indeed, that would be a sad day. Some bozo will try to make a case out of it. A side note - University of Missouri-Kansas City graduate student told me recently they now have 3 types of bathroom: men, women, unisex. Who pays for the construction & maintenance of the 3rd bathroom?

danmoore 2 years, 8 months ago

I think the headline provided ample warning that mention of Tebow was forthcoming so if you continued to read I think you have share some of the blame in being disappointed.

IMO, this is not some of Matt’s best work but I think the story is totally legit content for anyone who has an interest in KU football.

JayHok 2 years, 8 months ago

Sidenote. If the Broncos didn't have a former Jayhawk named Chris Harris they don't beat Pittsburgh.

Any word on those 4 star Cornerbacks that are thinking about visiting Weis?

timtation 2 years, 8 months ago

Matt, more KU less Tebow. You love Tebow and that's fine but you don't have rub our face in it, like Tebow does about God to everyone. Tebow is no leader and is a little boy so if someone that's older than him is looking up to Tebow then you're a LOSER. MAN I HATE TEBOW!

HawksWin 2 years, 8 months ago

timtation, why don't you take your sorry butt to the atheist board because you offer no insight on football or anything of value. You are here to bash Tebow because of his Christian faith. Be gone Satan! Preach your self-love/ignorance/arrogance to the likes of you.

Have you heard of the Battle of LePonto (1571) where the Ottoman Empire took 10,000 Christians as slaves to row its mighty naval galleys to take the Western Europe but lost the battle to much smaller & weaker Christians? Do you know what Ottoman Empire is? What it did & how it's changing our world even today? Do you know Christians haters bombed the churches and the people inside celebrating Christmas this year? They are burning Christians alive if they don't convert? Freedom of religion is an awesome thing - and the majority of Americans are of faith. So if you don't like it, why not try Egypt or somewhere else and live with the haters? I'm 100% certain that you as atheist would rather live with Christians than Christian haters.

timtation 2 years, 8 months ago

Hey hawkwin, God doesn't exist and if he does he doesn't deserve any praise. Do you know almost every war is due to religious reasons? Do your homework and read your bible, it gives you examples. Don't forget about everyone burned at the stake because they thought they were witches and how many Jews were killed because they didn't follow the Natzi's RELIGIOUS beliefs. See the problem is that you're not educated. By the way, does your God hate you for following your false prophet/idol Tebow? Go pray about that.

HawksWin 2 years, 8 months ago

ralster, I usually enjoy your posts except this one. Sorry bro, but I respect Tebow for speaking up for the silent majority. What harm is there for him to do that? Does Tebowing make you sick? poor? crappy? constipated? what? How in the hell is one expressing one's love for his Maker bother you or anyone for that matter? I've had it up to my, no it's gone beyond and I'm not going to be silent about it anymore. I believe you are a nice person, and nice to everybody - but except Christians? c'mon ral! Tebow is a nice guy, and has good morals. What's wrong with that? That sure beats the heck out of crazies in hollywood/entertainers with no self-respect but are about all self-love. Didn't Tebow won the Heisman as the only sophomore - ever?! Obviously someone thought he knows how to play the game. Granted it, it was college football, but we all know, if you don't succeed in college, you got min chance to make it in the pro. ralster, be nice to Christians. You'd rather be around Christians than Christian haters -- believe me, I know.

timtation 2 years, 8 months ago

hawkswin, You don't get it Tebow deserves/deserved nothing including the heisman. He was the most popular vote. Darren McFadden, Colt Brennan and yes Chase Daniel had a better season than Tebow.

timtation 2 years, 8 months ago

Ralster........you da man! couldn't have said it better myself.

timtation 2 years, 8 months ago

Tebow's pose? He didn't invent that and he's getting credit for it. It's been around for years!

timtation 2 years, 8 months ago

To all of Tebow's followers. Your God must be pissed off at you for following a false prophet. How can someone follow somebody that's a little kid? He is a hypocrite and a liar and people follow him like he's the second coming of christ. What's he doing with his money? He's spending it on himself because he's greedy and selfish. And don't send a reply saying " Well you would do the same thing" Because I WOULD and that's okay since I don't believe in a God. I wouldn't hide behind a christian additude, I'm straight up and I'll tell anyone I'm a greedy man! What's up with the new Tebow pose? That s*** has been around forever, he's not the one who invented it. This guy is taking advantage of everyone (except me and whoever hates him) including his own God. How? Do you say, simple he's just like the people selling things in Gods temple and Jesus goes in there and tells them to get out because they were using God as a way to make money. Hence Tebow, he's using God in football to make money. He should in no way shape or form be in the pros, he's a little kid playing a man's sport. Makes me sick!

timtation 2 years, 8 months ago

All Tebowers. The loss to the Pat's is all Tebows fault. I'm not going to allow you guys to say it wasn't his fault because you guys gave him the credit for the wins when he didn't earn it and now YOU GIVE HIM THE LOSSES. Where's Tebows god now? Now that he's out of the playoffs talk about him, say he's awesome, morons. What did you think was gonna happen? A Super Bowl? This is why religion is stupid everyone, yes everyone, that believes in religion are uneducated. Tebow was home schooled and is closed minded just like everyone who believes in a GOD. GOD DOESN'T EXIST! now that's my opinion. Why do you believe in God/religion? Because you want to live forever/go to heaven? First of all why would you want to live forever, what are you going to do? Think about it, you're going to float around FOREVER! I stress the word FOREVER cause what are you going to do after you do everything? Remember FOREVER. Heck, I don't know about you but I get sick and tired of doing the same thing over and over and over and over and over...............again even for a day let alone FOREVER. Living Forever sounds more like Hell to me. You know what when I'm dead and gone I just what it to end. Everyone that believes in God you need to understand that religion/God was created by men to make money and to rule them, so humans wouldn't run around like monkeys. This is ALL religions. All most every war is due to religious beliefs. This is not your fault our human minds couldn't understand that back in those days, all we knew is that something had to create us. Now that Science has proved all most everything in the bible wrong it's okay to see why religion is on it's way out. GOOGLE, pictures of deep space by the Hubble telescope. There's pictures of millions of galaxies out there just like ours. Ask yourself "IF GOD EXIST, WHY IS IT SO BIG?" I might understand God existing if the Milky Way was the only galaxy. WE ARE ACCIDENTS! I could go on and on about it but that could take FOREVER and as you know, with me, that would start to get old.