Sunday, February 26, 2012

Michigan defensive end Neal Page commits to KU football

Neal Page, a 6-foot-5, 220-pound senior from Seaholm High School in Birmingham, Mich., has orally committed to the Kansas football team, Rivals.com is reporting.

Page, a defensive end, took an official visit to KU with his family beginning Friday.

"The coaching staff was phenomenal and the campus was beautiful," Page told JayhawkSlant.com. "The facilities are the nicest, or at least among the nicest I have seen. I have been to a lot of places. It seems like a great place to live."

Page was offered a scholarship by KU earlier in the month. He also had taken a visit to Illinois.

The senior told Rivals.com that he planned on sending in his official letter-of-intent to KU on Sunday night.

While at Seaholm, Page set school records in tackles for a loss, tackles by a defensive lineman, and quarterback pressures. He also finished third in school history with 20.5 sacks.

Comments

Tony Bandle 2 years, 1 month ago

Can you all imagine if Jaybate "quad-posted"!!!

Posted for fun, "JB"......no malice or even any meanness intended.

KGphoto 2 years, 1 month ago

keithii, you can track "Steve" Johnson here. Wonder if that is a typo or if he's going by Steve now.

It gives a pretty good breakdown of his pros and cons for the next level. They have him as a possible Mr. Irrelevant, walking the 7th rd./free agent line. So far he's only done the bench. 16 reps.

barackchalkjhawk 2 years, 1 month ago

vd = wet-blanket. Literally I suppose, not experienced with it.

vd 2 years, 1 month ago

We beat out Toledo and other football powerhouses from the MAC. If we can just pick up some second teamers from KSU, Mu and NU, we will be a major force in the future.

W Keith Swinehart II 2 years, 1 month ago

Any word on Steven Johnson in the NFL Combine?

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 1 month ago

KU79 apparently posted one comment for each cup of coffee he had this morning.

KU79 2 years, 1 month ago

When I got the email from Scout saying we had a new commit, I thought it was probably (and was hoping) it was one of the basketball recruits that were here over the weekend. But we desperately need good DE's, so I'm happy we got this kid. Welcome to Mt. Oread, Mr. Page. Btw, I remember another "Mr. Page" that played at KU in the early 70's...Kenny Page. A mean middle linebacker from Dodge City.

KU79 2 years, 1 month ago

KU79 2 years, 1 month ago

KU79 2 years, 1 month ago

When I got my email from Scout saying we had a new commit, I thought it was probably (and was hoping) it was one of the basketball recruits that were here over the weekend. But we desperately need good DE's, so I'm happy we got this kid. Welcome to Mt. Oread, Mr. Page. Btw, I remember another "Mr. Page" that played at KU in the early 70's...Kenny Page. A mean middle linebacker from Dodge City.

jhox 2 years, 1 month ago

Good to see us recruiting kids from all over the country, and not just limiting ourselves to Texas. Also good to see us signing more D linemen. We've been so think at those positions for so long, surely a few of these guys will pan out.

nuleafjhawk 2 years, 1 month ago

Sounds like a great addition for us!

I loved him in Planes, Trains and Automobiles as well.

Doug Cramer 2 years, 1 month ago

Very nice. Does anyone know what he was rated as by Rivals ?

Good to see us get some more bodies on the D-Line. Let's get a few more quality D-Line guys and maybe this team will be able to compete in the coming years.

For this team, it's all about getting quality talent and depth on the D-Line.

cobweb 2 years, 1 month ago

Good choice. Wait until you see the KU "talent", Neal.

BigXIIForever 2 years, 1 month ago

Build reminds me of some guy named Charlton Keith. Not too worried about the weight.

Mike Kendall 2 years, 1 month ago

6-5 & 220----nice! Lord, we need pressure on the QB. Nice football news after one of the best basketball games at AFH this past Saturday. It is great time to be a Jayhawk!

Kyle Sybesma 2 years, 1 month ago

Welcome to Lawrence Neal. Great time to be a Jayhawk. Rock Chalk!!

flyingfinn 2 years, 1 month ago

Like his height, now as ahper says, time to pack on 35 to 40 pounds of muscle. The young man is right it is a beautiful campus

jhawkrulz 2 years, 1 month ago

We've been so focused on the greatest regular season basketball game ever and the basketball recruits were in the house, forgot to find out the football recruits that were in the house.

I'm assuming that this guy attending the basketball game, if so at least one more great thing happened this weekend. Let's hope there are a few more football players.

april28 2 years, 1 month ago

Pretty good weekend for KU all-around. The kid from Basehor, then the "comeback", and now Mr. Page. Good things do come in threes I guess!

Nice to hear the comments about the facilities, the campus and the staff. Great to pick-up more defensive talent. Welcome to Larryville!

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 1 month ago

Weight room-Training Table-Weight Room-Training Table-Weight Room-Training Table

gardenjay 2 years, 1 month ago

We're kind of focused on basketball right now. Apologize in advance for the dearth of comments for such a worthy recruit. Back to the B Ball

Daniel Kennamore 2 years, 1 month ago

Nice grab for HCCW.

Welcome to the family Page.

Rock Chalk!