Monday, February 20, 2012

Veritas Christian’s Preston Randall will walk on for KU football

Veritas running back Preston Randall (44) runs in a touchdown in the second quarter during the Veritas Eagles' playoff game against the St. Mary's Crusaders in Lawrence on Saturday, Nov. 5, 2011.

Preston Randall, a 6-foot-1, 185-pound senior from Veritas Christian School in Lawrence, will walk on for the Kansas football team next season, Rivals.com is reporting.

Randall had several Div. II offers, while Oklahoma State and Tulsa also had interest in him as a walk-on.

"I've been a Jayhawk fan all my life," Randall told JayhawkSlant.com. "I knew it was where I wanted to play. I'm really excited about it."

Last season, Randall rushed for 26 touchdowns while also racking up 81 tackles on defense.

Randall said he expected to be placed on the offensive side of the ball at KU.

Comments

HAWKS1 2 years ago

The best part of that video was to see him score without having to do a dance and a self-congratulatory celebration. He respectfully returned the ball to the official and did not taunt the opposition. He obviously brings good character to the field which some of our other players could emulate.

april28 2 years, 1 month ago

He plays at a 1A school in Kansas, so who knows. I wish him the very, very best and I hope that he earns a schollie. Here's some info. on a 1A Kansas kid from the past....http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_Cr...

Mike Hart 2 years, 1 month ago

Not sure we are all interested nor need to hear your life story

Tony Bandle 2 years, 1 month ago

The definition of walk-on is, he who is going to get walked on by the scholarship players.

It takes guts to do it. I should know...I was an All-State defensive end considering walking on the team then I met future All-American John Zook and walked on back to Marvin Hall to keep my architectural scholarship!!

Randy Bombardier 2 years, 1 month ago

Welcome to KU. I hope that all you walk-ons really push the others to work hard with the idea, "You better put out or I'm gonna get your schollie."

John Mueller 2 years, 1 month ago

Class, lets move on........

We have a new coach. We are excited about the future of KU football.

Lets rally around Coach Weiss and root for the home team.

Any young man who is willing to put it on the line for the University of Kansas is somebody we are all going to cheer for.

No matter whether he becomes a huge success and contributor on the field or whether he is the kid who works tirelessly every day in practice on the scout team.

He is Jayhawk. And this is a huge band wagon. Everybody get on board.

Stop beating each other up fighting about an the past.

It was ugly, but it's over.

Go, Fight, Win Jayhawks!!

yates33333 2 years, 1 month ago

I would normally disagree with you, but considering you posted first, I hesitate. In words of Forest Gump, "Dumb is as Dumb does."

Mike Hart 2 years, 1 month ago

This whole line of posting is dumb...

Ben Kliewer 2 years, 1 month ago

Format for KUSports.com wall post.

Step 1: Disagree wholeheartedly with the first sentence of the previous poster's comment, while disregarding any following statements said poster made. Step 2: Insult the previous poster's integrity by implying that they are uneducated, uninformed, or mentally challenged. Step 3: Provide no support for your argument whatsoever. Step 4: Wait until other people disagree with you. Step 5: Repeat steps 1-4.

doctorWho 2 years, 1 month ago

Let's not make this a bigger deal than it is: one more body for the meat-squad.

Barclay 2 years, 1 month ago

The kid can play football- and in spite of tremendous high school success he is untapped... good student, not afraid to give a hit and can take a hit- he will be much better against better competition... Veritas can be very proud of him. He is not easily intimidated, as evidenced by walking on at KU... I hope u git er dun Preston!

UNIKU 2 years, 1 month ago

Wasn't Jordy Nelson at KSU a walk-on too? Look where he is now. Maybe this kid could be like him.

CardHawkFan 2 years, 2 months ago

Stephen Johnson...came to KU as a walk-on. Ended up leading the team in tackles two straight years and is now being invited to the NFL Combine. Can be done!

Alex Berger 2 years, 2 months ago

Hopefully he works hard. He may never see the field but walk-ons can help make the team better during practice.

Bangkok_Jayhawk 2 years, 2 months ago

Welcome Mr. Randall! Great to have a roster full of as many Kansas kids as possible.