Monday, February 6, 2012

How Tom Keegan voted: AP college basketball poll for Feb. 6, 2012

The following is Journal-World sports editor Tom Keegan's ballot for the Associated Press college basketball poll on Feb, 6, 2012.

1. Kentucky
  20. San Diego State
  21. Michigan
  22. Wisconsin
  23. Iowa State
  24. Louisville
  25. Harvard

Comments

yates33333 2 years, 7 months ago

I like your bias, but man this ain't fair. How can you lose and still go up a notch? Missouri isn't that good.

baldwinjhawk 2 years, 7 months ago

But who on this list would you rank above Kansas? If you've watched any bball this year, there aren't very many teams that can keep up with the big 12 top 3..seriously.

Tony Bandle 2 years, 7 months ago

Wow...no respect for Murray State!! Duke at #7 after losing at home to an unranked opponent-are you Dickie V in disguise? Kansas at #6...you big, lovable chubby bear, you!! We've already played eight games against the top 25, with two more rematches...is anybody else close?

LAJayhawk 2 years, 7 months ago

Duke and Michigan are the only two ranked ahead of us in KenPom's Strength of Schedule through yesterday's games. Although, I do not have the time or energy to look up their opponents and fully answer your question.

Interesting, we are also ranked third in KenPom's overall power rankings behind Ohio State and Kentucky...

LAJayhawk 2 years, 7 months ago

Murray State, BTW, is now 67th on KenPom (roughly 20 spots BACK from where they were about a week ago) with an overall SOS at #309 (out of 345).....

LAJayhawk 2 years, 7 months ago

Oh, and they BARELY beat Tennessee-Martin on Saturday, a team that is now 3-22 and 0-12 in the mighty Ohio Valley Conference.... I'm fairly certain Perry Ellis' Wichita Heights team could have beaten Tenn-Martin by 20....

Not trying to dog on Murray State. I do think they deserve to be a bit higher than where Keegs has put them.... but not much....

Chris Shaw 2 years, 7 months ago

I'll take that bet! How much we wagering?

LAJayhawk 2 years, 7 months ago

A bet on a fictional game created just to exaggerate a point?

How about this amount:

Chris Shaw 2 years, 7 months ago

LMAO! How about just the eye patch! :)

Chris Shaw 2 years, 7 months ago

Jesus Keeg's, You obviously did not watch the Racer's Rap video I posted on Friday. Murray State again at 17? 4th straight week? Good Grief! Hey, I understand you don't want to move them up for some crazy reason, but at least move them up 1 spot over Mississippi State!

I guarantee you that the Racers are better than the Bulldogs! Come on Keeg's, give those Racers just a little bit of love! You know what, I think you need to give me your voting rights for the next 2 week's! That's all I ask!

I got one question and I'll leave you alone, are you going to drop Murray State out of the top 25 if they lose?

Danny Hernandez 2 years, 7 months ago

I don't know about owning Kansas in basketball when misery has only won, what twice in the last 9 trys? and Kansas has swept them the last two years...One loss doesn't make it thay way sport.

And misery was lucky Kansas shot itself in the foot because that was More Kansas's game to lose than it was misery's game . Kansas had that game and misery right where they wanted them

Chris Shaw 2 years, 7 months ago

I always love the timing of people's posts! This guy obviously wasn't watching Mizzou/OU game tonight! Man, I thought Pledger had hit the 3 to tie the game! OU missing FT's cost them the game tonight.

texashawk10 2 years, 7 months ago

This message combined with the bad grammar sure seems awfully familiar. I wonder if longtimehawk has ever posted under other names on here before?

Vernon Riggs 2 years, 7 months ago

He is a MethZoo plant. Posts on a MU website as Longtimetigger.

Steve Gantz 2 years, 7 months ago

Are you a longtime hawkeye, or long time Atlanta Hawk, because you don't sound like a long time Jayhawk.

Kye Clark 2 years, 7 months ago

Someone sure wasn't burdened with an overabundance of schooling!

"they now own KU in basketball and football."

As a slaver, I think you would have a better understanding of ownership. Of course thankfully your glory days of any kind of ownership are long behind you, so maybe you need a refresher course. You see, they have a one game edge on us in football, despite how lowly our program has been. A program with a one game edge over lowly Kansas football thinks they're gonna compete in the SEC? Their flaming mediocrity is not going to serve them well in that conference; it'll be fun to watch the weekly butt-kickings they take. As for basketball, don't pretend that one game in which you needed all the help you could get from the zebras to eek out a narrow win in your own building during maybe the best year your program has ever had during an admitted down year for us means you're anywhere close to equal footing with our historic program. let alone owning us. Your ignorance is also fun to watch. I sincerely hope you stick around for a long time. It's like watching a car wreck.

actorman 2 years, 7 months ago

Flaming mediocrity. I love it!!!

joeh80 2 years, 7 months ago

I'm sure that was a mistake and you meant to call yourself "longtimehick" This is a good example of what meth and inbreeding does to your brain. I can't believe you left the cabin and walked all the way into town just to post this on an internet.

JacquesMerde 2 years, 7 months ago

longtimehawk (editors. lousy policy)

BULL SHE IT

You never were a Jayhawk. Wrong bird. Vulture, maybe. Horse's Ass, obviously.

j0hnb1aze 2 years, 7 months ago

Join the Facebook group: I hate Jack Harry

illuminatironin 2 years, 7 months ago

Keegan, C'mon! How can you or anyone keep voting Duke so high? They have lost to three unranked teams and nearly a 4th. Is this some secret plan to keep KU's strength of schedule up?