Friday, February 3, 2012

Keegan

Mizzou fan antics don’t rile Robinson

So, did the Antlers, the maniacal Missouri students famous for unearthing the guarded phone numbers of Kansas University basketball players, get their hands on Thomas Robinson’s digits?

“No,” Robinson said. “I gave ‘em Merv’s number, so I’m pretty good.”

That would be Merv Lindsay, the seldom-used freshman forward. Presumably, Robinson was joking.

Efforts to rattle Robinson won’t stop at students trying to wake him up. The Mizzou Arena crowd will send a relentless stream of verbal bullets his way to see if they can throw him off his game. He plans to let them bounce off his chest.

“I know going to Mizzou is going to be the most testing situation I’ll have, probably in my career,” Robinson said. “Those fans are pretty rough on us. I mean, we’re the opposing team. All the odds are against us, but I want to get this ‘W,’ so I’m not letting anybody in that gym, stadium state, anything, start me. It is what it is. They can say what they want. We’ve got to get this ‘W.’”

Robinson has dealt with more than verbal darts from opponents looking to derail his focus. He repeatedly takes karate chops to the arm, shoves in the back, endless searches to spark the fuse that lights his temper. It used to work. He’s done a terrific job of not letting foes see him sweat from all the shots. Robinson did get tagged with a technical against Ohio State and another at Texas, but his composure definitely has come a long way.

How has he accomplished that?

“I mean, I’ll just say that I know I can’t afford to get a technical,” Robinson said. “That’s going to hurt my team, me sitting down, for one. Two, when I was younger, it was easier to get riled up and in a pushing contest with somebody and you forget about the game. But now that I’m older, I know it’s probably in some other player’s game plan to try to get in my head. But at the same time, I’m too important to my team to let that be a reason I’m not playing.”

Added responsibility can make a person crumble, or it can inflate the confidence of the individual. Clearly, Robinson has responded well.

“It’s definitely a good feeling,” he said. “It’s like taking on responsibility that you ask for. I got exactly what I asked for. I’ve been waiting for it, and I got it. So now when you ask for it, you’ve got to take on responsibility.”

Forever facing defenses designed to stop him, Robinson is averaging 17.6 points, 12 rebounds, 1.2 blocks and 1.2 steals. He dominated Oklahoma in an 84-62 victory Wednesday night with 20 points, 17 rebounds, four assists, two blocks and two steals.

Robinson had the crowd backing him with roars in that one. He’s not naive about what awaits him in Columbia.

“I’m on Twitter, so I see it all,” Robinson said.

And hears nothing.

“In the gym, as crazy as it sounds, you really don’t hear it because you’re in the game, man,” he said. “You’re not listening to the crowd, listening to what they’re saying. If you do, you won’t be any good, trust me. The only person I saw who did that was Sherron (Collins).”

Robinson doesn’t need to hear that garbage. He just needs the ball delivered on target, on time.

Comments

Alohahawk 2 years, 7 months ago

Check out the voting for National POY, on the ESPN.com NCAA BB page. In this, I believe it's the second installment, TRob is leading with 130 points to about 70 for second place, with about ten players in the mix. TRob's gained about 38 points over the first/previous vote. The voting is from the national sports writers (I believe), so it's not open for the general public to vote. The players earn 3 points for a 1st place vote. Two for second place, and 1 for a third place vote.

As the article mentions, the games over the next week or two will either cement TRob in first place, or if his production drops off drastically, he could drop out of contention.

Come on TRob. The whole Jayhawk Nation is behind you, and would love to see you win. You deserve it more than any of the other candidates. And if KU wins the Big 12, I don't see how anyone else could win it.

RCJH Go TRob!!!!

hawk316 2 years, 7 months ago

"... when I was younger, it was easier to get riled up and in a pushing contest with somebody and you forget about the game..."

This is one of the most encouraging developments in TRob's story. Earlier in the season, I was concerned about his occasional lack of self-control. At times, he seemed to be on the verge of an actual altercation with another player. His recognition of this danger is significant and will pay major dividends.

Joe Satterwhite 2 years, 7 months ago

Doug or who I like to call Duke Gottlieb picked creighton's player over Trob....I've lost all respect for him

jhawkbacker 2 years, 7 months ago

Right on, I was at that game! Good memories of Gottlieb, ha.

nwhawk 2 years, 7 months ago

Why would you lose all respect for him? That kid is damn good! Don't be such a homer.

actorman 2 years, 7 months ago

It's beyond asinine to call him Duke Gottlieb. He's been more supportive of KU over the years than just about any other national sportscaster. You obviously have him confused with Duke Vitale.

jayhawka15fan 2 years, 7 months ago

+1 Gottlieb has always been, and remains, very supportive of KU. He knows basketball as well as anybody.

jaybate 2 years, 7 months ago

...But I defend his right to lack it.

rick cowley 2 years, 7 months ago

I agree, Gottlieb is very good.

I have noticed that sometimes he makes this kind of statement against the popular opinion to create discussion. He has to have something to talk about on the various ESPN shows he is on.

McDermott is good in his own right and deserves some mention. I still think Thomas will win it, but there is still a lot of season left to go. He will need to play well in the big games coming up.

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 7 months ago

I agree and disagree. Gottlieb is a pretty decent analyst and in the past he has been pretty fair about KU. However, this year he has been pretty critical of all thing KU, and I am not sure why...maybe he was looking at his old stuff and found a pair of old shorts that brought bad memories, or maybe KU hiring a former Notre Dame coach brought memories of being expelled from Notre Dame...

actorman 2 years, 7 months ago

And BTW, Creighton's player is damn good, and there's no shame in picking him over T-Rob.

Steven Mathew 2 years, 7 months ago

So there's no shame if Creighton gets a number one seed over Kansas (just an analogy, not a prediction)?

jhawk613 2 years, 7 months ago

great player does not always equal great team (#1 seed).

tonyjayhawk35 2 years, 7 months ago

This is rediculous to make statements to put Creightons' player in the same sentence as TROB,the guy plays against midmajor defenders.Really so he is playing the same competition as TROB.This is like saying Murray St. would be ranked ninth if they were playing in the Big 12 everyone knows that is a rediculous statement

Pengune 2 years, 7 months ago

Are you saying that if, hypothetically, Thomas had all the skills he currently has but played this season in the Missouri Valley Conference you don't think he should be eligible for POTY because he's playing weaker teams?

You might say "But he'd be putting up huge numbers!" and you'd be right, but he'd also be playing in a different offense and with lesser players. Doug McDermott (that Creighton guy) is averaging 6 more ppg than T-Rob, and over 8 rebounds.

I'm not saying he should win it, I think if Robinson plays to his averages the rest of the year the prize should be his, but there's nothing wrong with the best season award going to a guy from a mid-major, as long as he had the best season.

Following is a copy/paste from some guy at nbadraft.net, because he did my research for me:

"Sure [McDermott's] competition hasn't always been the best, but he's played well against major conference teams also; 27 points and 71.4 FG% against Northwestern. 25 pts, 9 rebounds and 66.7FG% against Iowa. 24 pts, 12 rebounds and 60FG% versus Nebraska. And against nationally ranked San Diego State he scored 25 pts on 53FG% and grabbed 12 boards to lead Creighton to a 85-83 victory."

*Citing my sources http://nbadraft.net/forum/college-basketball-poty

jaybate 2 years, 7 months ago

Gottlieb lacks higher order brain function.

jaybate 2 years, 7 months ago

But I defend his right to lack it.

Jeffery Barrett 2 years, 7 months ago

Replying to your own post......only jaybate.....

jaybate 2 years, 7 months ago

sgtjb123,

Strip down and give me 20 in a dung pile.

illuminatironin 2 years, 7 months ago

I like to call him Douche Gottlieb. I never had any respect for him. He bashes KU any chance he gets.

KGphoto 2 years, 7 months ago

You are crazy. He's the only non-east-coast-bias guy on ESPN. He has never had anything bad to say about KU that wasn't the truth. He says great and respectful things about KU more than any analyst in the country.

kwhawk 2 years, 7 months ago

Gottlieb supports the hell out of KU and the Big 12. If he says anything negative, it's probably true. I love KU as much as anyone, but this isn't the year to get all excited about winning a national championship.

Woody Cragg 2 years, 7 months ago

I'm sure we could google it, but Gottlieb was about the worst FT shooter I can remember in the conference-something in the 40% range, there's my reason for no credibilty right there. Not like he was 7'0" & hands of stone, just no composure when he was in the spotlight. LMAO a real Xpurt' who knows Zackly' what he's talkin about.

jaywalker 2 years, 7 months ago

The guy played major college D1 ball at two institutions and pro ball overseas; he set the school assist record at OSU in TWO years and is tied for the most in a game for the conference with 18. He's a color commentator on national coverage, has his OWN show on ESPN Radio, and is a part of as many CBB shows as the World Wide Leader can schedule him on.

You're right; he couldn't shoot a lick. But the credibility issue lies with you.

justinryman 2 years, 7 months ago

Doug McDermott is the name of "the kids from Creighton"

And yes he is damn good and only a sophomore.

oldnongrad 2 years, 7 months ago

Although he hasn't done many KU games this year I still pick Fran Fraschilla as the most pro-KU member of the ESPN group.

bville_hawk 2 years, 7 months ago

Sober Bob or intoxicated Bob? Sorry, but you've got to distinguish.

texashawk10 2 years, 7 months ago

Greg McDermott has been 1 or 2 in scoring nationally all year and Creighton is 21-2 on the year and projected as a 3-4 seed in any credible bracket. Greg McDermott is a legitimate POY candidate and I have no problem with Gottlieb picking McDermott over T-Rob right now. For the record, if Gottlieb is biased, it's against the East Coast schools in favor of the Midwest and West Coast schools.

jhawk613 2 years, 7 months ago

Greg = Head Coach. Doug = Player.

texashawk10 2 years, 7 months ago

My bad, I was distracted looking for my avatar for the game on Saturday.

angusmcpherr 2 years, 7 months ago

Not only that, he coaches the team, too!! ;-)

Matt Bowers 2 years, 7 months ago

The same Doug that got kicked out of school for stealing his roommates credit card and charging $1200 on it, the same that was given a second chance at OSU and the day he found out Sutton had received a DUI wanted him fired! The guy is the worlds biggest tool. Doug, you are a gaping AHOLE.

Rock Chalk

jaywalker 2 years, 7 months ago

Please don't make jackass comments accentuated w/ a juvenile expletive and then sully genuine Kansas fans by signing off w/ "Rock Chalk."

You ain't one of us.

Michael Pannacciulli 2 years, 7 months ago

Why Duke...never heard him overly favor them? He's an Okst guy from Cali. So tired of hearing how we are unfairly treated or biased against by Espn. Bunk. Not true in bball.

Scott MacWilliams 2 years, 7 months ago

Hey T-Rob, You've got just what those MizLosers can't stand, and that is POISE! All you need to drive them really crazy is to just give the your A+ game, and then watch them all head for the exits early so they can get home and slop the hogs!!

have fun with those horny boys called the antlers, or is it the Aunt Nerds?? Just blow them some kisses after a good dunk!! WOO HOO!!

R O C K C H A L K , J A Y H A W K, K U !!!!!!!!!

dylans 2 years, 7 months ago

Little Johnny went to school one day all decked out in KU gear. His teacher asked him, "Why do you like that horrible school so much?" Johnny replied,"My mom and dad are Jayhawk fans!" To which the teacher says,"If your mom and dad were a hooker and a thief would you be the same?" "No," Johnny replies,"I would be a Missouri Tiger."

jaybate 2 years, 7 months ago

"Some Challenging Questions for Fizzourians"

• How do you spell cat?

• Where is Missouri's best meth lab?

• Is there a drug store left in Missouri with any sudafed?

• How soon after joining the SEC will Fizzouri begin flying the Confederate flag?

• How do you spell dog?

• When will the next dead person be elected governor of Missouri?

• Can a Fizzouri football coach win sober?

• Will Frank Haith accept this year's Kelvin Sampson Award for Cellphone Abuse?

• How do you spell lose?

(Note: all fiction. No malice.)

jhox 2 years, 7 months ago

Some of your best work, jaybate!

Jayhawk1116 2 years, 7 months ago

Can you recruit a top football player without renting Airwolf?

oldrocker 2 years, 7 months ago

The Antlers are a total disgrace to college basketball...and the fact that the university allows them to exist just proves that MU is a second-rate institution. I heard that the Antlers will be wearing T-shirts that reference TRob's mom...that is how low they can go. So glad they are leaving the Big 12...good riddance!

Rock Chalk!

(malice intended)

shelleysue 2 years, 7 months ago

Are you serious about the t-shirts? I don't even know how to respond to that except if I was there and saw that, I'm pretty sure I would get into trouble. I'm speechless that anyone would hit that low of a low. I think I will go now before I say something that gets taken off this board.

Here's to a great and classy victory. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!

Nick Cole 2 years, 7 months ago

The shirts oldrocker is talking about will have NMT (No Mom Tom) on the front. It's a long story, but mizzou officials have said that those people won't be allowed into the arean, and if they get in they are not allowed to be shown on TV and will be escorted out of the gym.

Some mu fans tried to claim the idea was traced back to a KU fan in Lawrence, but there was no truth to that. There is truth in a mizzou fan posting on a message board for the last 9 months or so calling T-Rob "No Mom Tom" in a lot of his posts on some mizzou fan blog (tigerboard.com i think). I've seen it. I think it was just a handful of idiots, but I would be surprised (well, maybe not, it is mizzou after all) if it happens on Saturday. Here's to hoping it doesn't. Keep it classy mizzou.

And if you haven't seen this video, oh man...

dylans 2 years, 7 months ago

That's an oxymoron - keep it classy Missouri.

championhawks 2 years, 7 months ago

"• Where is Missouri's best meth lab?"

This is not a difficult question for them to answer at all!!!

somebodynew 2 years, 7 months ago

Mizzou jokes aside (I do like them, tho), I love what TRob said, He has been asking for this and when you ask for "it" you better be ready.

Good attitude TRob, now go show them how ready you are!!!

hotrodm 2 years, 7 months ago

MIZ-ZOO has some of the most classless fans in the country. Just watch Jack Harry's, Jack's Smack. He is a big loud mouth MIZ-ZOO homer, TV sportscaster in KC. If you're not fired up about beating MIZ-ZOO just watch the videos on Jack's Smack, NBC Action news. I think Self should play Jack's anti KU videos to the team today.

LngTimeFan 2 years, 7 months ago

Jack Harry is a petty little man, angry about his stature. Nothing he says has any meaning or import to me. Jack deserves to be Smacked!

Jeffery Barrett 2 years, 7 months ago

Totally agree. Used to live in KC and Jack Harry is one of the worst things about KC sports!

PurePierce 2 years, 7 months ago

Jacka$$ Harry had a chance to follow in Bruce Rice's esteemed footsteps, instead he became butt brothers with Don Unfortunate. Together they are the worst case scenario of siamese broadcasting twins.

I have not watched two seconds of anything on his station unless it is a show I can't get anywhere else since 2003. The reason is when we were playing for the national championship and Nick Collison was headed out to the court to play, Harryfa$$ stuck a microphone in his face and asked him how he felt about his coach taking the job a fNC. I will never be able to figure out his timing with that invasion on Nick's and the Jayhawk Nation's special time. He was/is the most classless reporter on the face of the Earth.

Abdu Omar 2 years, 7 months ago

Of all the good and great players that played for the KU Jayhawks, I think Thomas Robison is the most competent player we have had. Through out his tenure at KU and through all the adversity he has faced, there never was a man who could endure it and come out better for it than TROB. I am really proud of the way he has responded to all of the adversity and if he doesn't come out on top, it is not for not trying. He is the best I have seen.

To him and the rest of an amazing team, go get those tigers who are really pussy cats.

Andy Tweedy 2 years, 7 months ago

T-Rob is a truly great Jayhawk, but I hesitate to put him over the likes of JoJo White, Paul Pierce, Danny Manning, Raef LaFrenz, etc. But you're right about the adversity part...he's certainly a man! T-Rob had been great for one year, while those guys put on displays of greatness their entire time on the Hill!

indianajayhawk 2 years, 7 months ago

I'm all for personal ridicule, as long as its something that occurs during a game (Bill Walker's "power towel", anyone?) but I am more than disappointed when fans of any team resort to attacks like the t-shirts rumored to be in production referencing the personal challenges that TRob has had to overcome in the past year.

He has grown as a person and as a player more than any Jayhawk that I can remember and I'm proud that he puts on a Kansas uniform every week. I know that he'll hear things from the Mizzou fans (regardless of Frank Haith's speeches to the Antlers) that I wouldn't be able to handle without reacting, so I am even more impressed with his drive and determination as evidenced by this article.

Best of luck TRob and the rest of the team tomorrow, Jayhawk Nation is behind you!

LngTimeFan 2 years, 7 months ago

IF those shirts appear, Haith should insist the wearers remove them or be escorted from the arena. It would not be surprising though if the totally classless Antlers or Rearends, either one, do wear them. They are the most vile fans around.

jaybate 2 years, 7 months ago

"Great Moments in Fizzouri Basketball"

...

Ron Prichard 2 years, 7 months ago

A very short book...um, pamphlet...no, flyer. Maybe index card....well, sticky note? Ah, screw it...

Chris Shaw 2 years, 7 months ago

This is your best post ever, Jaybate! LMAO.

I wish you would have gone with the straight line instead......................................... _____

Hank Cross 2 years, 7 months ago

There's already a vid of Mizery's "One Shining Moment." http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a_u0c...

KGphoto 2 years, 7 months ago

Haven't seen that in awhile. Have you seen this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuYlkm...

ROFLMAO!!

Warning: Some profanity in the closed captioning.

Jim Jackson 2 years, 7 months ago

First off, still can't believe DGB is goign to Mizzou. He did say however, that conference affiliation had nothing to do with it. Important to note, his mom has a masters from KU and this article talks about DGB's recruitment and if you go to the middle, she talks a bit about KU's pathetic attempt at recruiting him, and it had nothnig to do with our weak tradition, she wanted more effort. Wow.

KUbsee69 2 years, 7 months ago

Does "more effort" = "new car"?

JayHok 2 years, 7 months ago

I can't believe Gill scheduled two visits with DGB and cancelled both!

Timmay97 2 years, 7 months ago

We all want a win this Saturday night.......but remember, no matter what happens Saturday night, those guys STILL have to come to the Phog. Watch closely guys.....Missouri fans would be smart with their approach to this game.

Come out strong boys!

Chris Shaw 2 years, 7 months ago

Tom Keegan, If you plan on voting Murray State 17th for the 4th consecutive week (As long as they stay undefeated) on Monday...........................please watch this video before you do your rankings!

"It's Murray State.........Racers!" "It's Murray State.................Racers!"

Justin Carlson 2 years, 7 months ago

Well as much as it pains me to say anything positive, esp from a school in KY jelly land! It is a hell of a lot better than that piece of trash they produced in Columbia!!

Chris Shaw 2 years, 7 months ago

That is much better than Mizzou's!

Ian Brown 2 years, 7 months ago

While I agree that these fan-made music videos are ridiculous and embarrassing, I couldn't help but take exception to the so-called "old adage" that "Midwestern white kids can't rap". It simply reeks of ignorance; if you actually listened to hip-hop, you would know names like Slug from Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Eyedea, Mac Lethal, who are all very talented white rappers from the Midwest, and if you go outside the Midwest you'll hear names like Aesop Rock, Sage Francis, Elemint, Macklemore, Grieves, and RA Scion from Common Market, who are all exceptional white rappers as well.

I'm sure you were half-joking with your comment, but it really gets on my nerves when people say things like "white kids can't play ball" or "white kids can't rap." One, it's completely inaccurate, and two, it's racist.

If all you know about "rap" is the crap you hear on the radio like Waka Flocka Flame, Lil Wayne and Young Jeezy (which is a terrible example of rap/hip-hop and isn't much better than these fan videos), you really haven't listened to enough hip-hop to make such statements.

I hate to bring this argument onto kusports, and I apologize to the rest of you posters, but this is a topic that gets on my nerves, obviously.

Nick Cole 2 years, 7 months ago

How could you forget about Eminem? White guy from Detriot? Ever heard of him? He is often credited (and maybe not rightfully so, but still) for paving the way for white rappers.

Ian Brown 2 years, 7 months ago

Haha, I hadn't forgotten about Eminem. I just figured that went without saying. I was assuming Konkey had at least heard of Eminem, which should be enough in itself not to make a blanket statement like "Midwest white kids can't rap."

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 7 months ago

I thought Vanilla Ice did that...

Nick Cole 2 years, 7 months ago

And Mac Lethal is pretty sick. My brother and sister-in-law know him, went to high school together at Shawnee Mission South. Small world.

Dan Pawlowski 2 years, 7 months ago

Reminds us that what we usually hate about the other team is its fans.

JurisJayhawk 2 years, 7 months ago

I hope T-Rob goes in there all business and dros 30+ in a W for us. Act like it's just another day on the job. #TeamFOE #nodaysoff

Tony Bandle 2 years, 7 months ago

If the horrific "No Mom Tom" T-shirt rumor is true that would once and for all solidify Missouri's fan base as the pond scum of the earth.[with all apologies to actual pond scum].

The motivation for the Jayhawks would be nuclear.

I truly think, however, even the Antlers would not stoop to such low behavior..not so much out of moral indignation but rather fearing the "bulletin board material" effect on an already very dangerous opponent, the Kansas Jayhawks!!

jaybate 2 years, 7 months ago

"...Missouri's fan base as the pond scum of the earth.[with all apologies to actual pond scum]." --OakvilleJHawk

PHOF

Geez, this game is turning the PHOF award into an high frequency event!

jaybate 2 years, 7 months ago

The good one.

EJ goes 3 for 4 from trey.

Pressey is a tough strip artist and MU's quickness on the receiving end of passes are going to cause TT's TOs to ramp up a bit, to say, 7.

TRob will make Optimus Prime seem like Barney Fife.

We'll take what ever tempo the give us.

It is going to produce a lot of defense on English. English is going to make half his average. I reckon KY will get 12 points shooting over dwarves.

No @#$$%^ way are we trumped, my man.

We do the trumping in this conference.

Rock Chalk!

dylans 2 years, 7 months ago

I thought that was Pressey's girls job.

Micky Baker 2 years, 7 months ago

T-Rob scores 40. KU wins by 20, and that will shut em up in Columbia. Hearnes center would be empty by half time if KU comes out and blows em out of the water in the first half with 60 points on the board!

sekjayhawkfan 2 years, 7 months ago

It's time to Occupy Mizzou Arena and remember that "Mizzurah has won no championships of any kind!"

RCJH

ChicagoJHawk 2 years, 7 months ago

Thank you! Doug Gottlieb is very supportive of KU and Bill Self and I agree that he is very knowledgeable about the game. I really have no idea what everyone else is talking about and why they think he's a KU hater. Good to see that not everyone hates the guy; thought it was just me.

Anyway, I can't wait for the game tomrrow!!! It's almost like we have a big tournament game coming up. This is one of the best teams misery has had in years and I can't describe in words how awesome it would be to beat them in their house one last time. They can look back years from now, remembering their last big 12 game against KU was a big fat L, at their place!

milwaukeeJAYHAWK 2 years, 7 months ago

T-Rob.....good luck!

Let their hate inspire you! Soak up their energy and unleash it on the other team. I have a feeling your inner Hulk is about to come out.....

somedude20 2 years, 7 months ago

This http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vMfqo... made me laugh at their wackness Know your enemy, then laugh at them

Sally Presson 2 years, 7 months ago

Go HAWKS on Saturday night!!! I'm actually getting to go to the game, from the sounds of the MU message board, they are loaded for bear and all their nasty pranks. I'm so glad Thomas is ready for them and prepared for whatever they dish out. I'm wearing crimson & Blue no matter what!!! If you read of a 69 year old grannie put in jail for getting in a verbal scoffel with a MU fan, that will probably be me, hope not, but we've paid good money to get to see the hawks and I'll be darned if they're going to intimidate me. The OU game was outstanding guys, the house was packed and loud, you guys can take MU and how sweet it's going to be to win the final MU home game with KU. Can't think of anything better!!

Love the Jayhawks

Alohahawk 2 years, 7 months ago

Give 'em a few sucker punches for me from Hawaii, Miss sallyp. Wish I could be there to back you up. And if you need bailing out, I'm sure a few in the Jayhawk Nation would be happy to ante up bail money. :^)

To all the Jayhawk supporters who posted above: +1, Agree to the Nth degree. And to those who posted against KU. Muck Fizzou!!!

Come on, KU! Knock the you not what out of Mucky U. Time to add some antlers to the trophy case.

RCJHGKU!!! (All caps)

ku_foaf 2 years, 7 months ago

I am sure Robinson is a very tough guy, but he is a smart guy, too. He does not let opposing players goad him into doing something foolish that will get him thrown out. They constantly do things that try to revoke a physical response. He doesn't bite, because he wants to play and help his team! I greatly admire his restraint. He is a constant target.

I kind of wondered if Conner Teahan had taken advantage of the freshman Baylor player who took a swing at him. He had already committed a gross foul by grabbing Conner with his hands and shoving him behind him. All Conner had to do was crowd him a bit with the body (nothing illegal) and he lost it and was tossed. A very cool headed revenge!

justinryman 2 years, 7 months ago

I think the coaching staff showed him clips from last year and the twins and how they reacted to getting fouled hard or pushed.

It seems when Thomas gets fouled hard, he just turns and walks to the line, doesn't get in peoples faces or try and push back. It shows his maturity and class.

texashawk10 2 years, 7 months ago

<--------------- Hey look, I found a picture of Miss Missouri!

justinryman 2 years, 7 months ago

Your last pic was a Billion times better!!!!!!

texashawk10 2 years, 7 months ago

Olivia will be back sometime on Monday most likely, possibly on Sunday if I have time.

Mike Kendall 2 years, 7 months ago

texashawk10---Nice! Not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Gillaspie 2 years, 7 months ago

The best two-word response to anything related to misery basketball ---- Tyus Edney!

onelife09 2 years, 7 months ago

28, 28, 38, 48, 37, 29, 47.....Conner Frankamps last 7 games he played, including tonight.....Wichita has some good prospects coming up the next couple of years, keep your eyes open