Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Tyshawn Taylor, Thomas Robinson share Manning Award

photo

Teammates Thomas Robinson and Tyshawn Taylor have a laugh with head coach Bill Self and former assistant Danny Manning after the players were presented as co-recipients of the Mr. Jayhawk Danny Manning Award for the 2011-12 season, during the Men's Basketball Banquet on Monday, April 9, 2012 at the Holidome.

photo

Kansas center Jeff Withey smiles as he is recognized before those gathered during the Men's Basketball Banquet on Monday, April 9, 2012 at the Holidome. Also pictured are Niko Roberts, left, and Travis Releford.

Departing Kansas University basketball players Thomas Robinson and Tyshawn Taylor were named co-winners of the coveted Danny Manning “Mr. Jayhawk” Award at the conclusion of Monday’s postseason banquet at the Holidome.

Manning, the new head coach at Tulsa University, was on hand to present the hardware to Robinson, a junior who earlier Monday declared for the NBA Draft, and Taylor, a senior expected to be taken somewhere late in the first round or in the second round.

There were standing ovations from 600 banquet-goers for not only those two, but some of the marquee players on next year’s team — junior starters Travis Releford, Elijah Johnson and Jeff Withey.

“He’s the unsung hero of our team, our glue guy,” KU coach Bill Self gushed of small forward Releford.

Of junior combo guard Johnson, Self said: “The two most talented guards we’ve recruited since we’ve been here, taking everything into consideration — speed, strength, slide, stroke, vision, handles — are Sherron Collins and Elijah Johnson.”

Saving perhaps the greatest compliment for 7-foot center Withey, Self said: “All he did was set the all-time record in the history of our school in blocks and in the history of the NCAA Tournament. If Jeff gets a little bit better, little bit stronger, he can go down as one of the best big men Kansas has had not in recent memory, but the last half century. I really believe that.”

Withey appreciated the glowing remarks.

“Last year at this time, coach said I would hold the block record, get all the blocks I did. Hopefully I can make him proud and do what he said again (next season),” Withey said.

Self isn’t expecting any surprises regarding Withey and/or Johnson as far as leaving for the 2012 NBA Draft. Players have until April 29 to enter their names in the draft. However, if they wish to return to school, they’d have to withdraw from the draft pool by today.

“I think Elijah could play himself into the first round, and Jeff could play himself into the first round (in 2013 Draft),” Self said. “I don’t think it’d be in their best interests to come out now because the reality of it is, they are probably on the outside looking in.”

Withey was asked if he considered entering the draft.

“Of course,” he said, noting he hadn’t spoken to Self about the matter. “Definitely that goes through your mind. As of right now, I’m staying. I’m really happy with my decision (to stay), and I’m excited for next year.”

Recruiting: The Jayhawks, who are expected to receive a letter-of-intent from Andrew White (6-6, Chester, Va.) on Wednesday, are not finished recruiting. KU also has a spring commitment from Seattle guard Anrio Adams, who still needs to receive a qualifying score on the ACT and may wait before signing.

As far as possibly finding a point guard: “I’m hopeful we can tighten that up through recruiting in the spring. If not, I think Elijah can be your primary point. I’d like to recruit one more, without question.”

KU may play IU: ESPN reported on Monday that KU and Indiana are talking about scheduling a home-and-home series that would start in Allen Fieldhouse next season. Nothing is finalized.

Foreign tour: Self said the Jayhawks will likely take a foreign tour to someplace like Italy in August.

He said KU could play some teams that fail to qualify for the Olympics.

“If we can go in the summer and take freshmen, which is the rule, why wouldn’t we go to Italy or somewhere, play six games in eight days, do some sightseeing and actually enjoy each other?” he said.

Self on new KSU coach Bruce Weber: “Bruce is a good coach, no question. I saw firsthand what he did with those kids at Illinois (in succeeding Self). I think they are hiring a very good basketball coach.”

Comments

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 3 months ago

They didn't share the award. TT had it then turned it over to T-Rob!

hometownhawk 2 years, 3 months ago

HawksWin 2 years, 3 months ago

Home, Is it necessary to call a fellow Jayhawk a mo-ron because you don't like what he said? Whatever happened to civility? Do you know what that is? Perhaps you are still developing social skills - thinking hiding behind a computer makes it alright to act like an embecil. In the not distant future, we can and will be able to identify who you or any of us are here, then will your social & communication skills improve? Will an employer hire you if he knew you treat people in this poor manner? I surely won't. Wait, here's a thought - apher could be your boss one day. Treat others as you want to be treated - even behind a computer!

mattiesdad 2 years, 3 months ago

The worst thing is he didn't even get the joke. And he was questioning someone else's intelligence?

+1 to Aphers btw....laughed out loud (and I like Ty and KU just to be overbearingly clear).

Jeremy Wilhelm 2 years, 3 months ago

I think he did get it - he just turned it around to be a positive in stead of a negative as an assist>turnover.

yates33333 2 years, 3 months ago

Are you sure ahpersecoachingexperience is a Jayhawk? Follow his comments in football and basketball.

John Randall 2 years, 3 months ago

An embecil might hide behind his computer, but an imbecile wouldn't be that smart. :-)

jaybate 2 years, 3 months ago

•And then it became necessary to do some serious speculating on roster adds in spring from more recruits and transfers. :-)

• Dang, I thought ict had pretty well sorted this all out.

• Self's spiking enthusiasm for this spring signing period might be partly attributable to his historical optimism that strong tournament finishes as in 08 get him on more recruits' lists. It may also relate to Norm's arrival. Maybe Norm has a few in his pocket to deliver.

• Always wondered how Okie Bill and New York Norm hooked up early on. Answer: LB. The camps bring the high school coaches from the targeted recruiting areas. Norm was a high school coach in the Big Apple, where Larry was from, and needed recruits from. Bill meet Norm. Norm meet Bill. A few years later Bill takes the plunge into the then recruiting abyss of ORU. Batta Bing, batta boom!

• It must have been a hoot to see these swinging young guys--Bill and Norm-- hustling ballers to ORU with Oral Roberts finishing occasionally, when Oral wasn't out in the beach house in LA!

• Sign!

• Heal! :-)

• And old Oral, flahing a fresh Rollex, takes the two young swingin' boys aside and says somthing like, "Ya know, fellas, you get to the young men to the campus and ol'Oral will show ya how to to keep'em here. I've been putting fannies in seats a long time. People are people. Saints or sinners. We gotta get'tem in the tent before we can save'em. You young boys are lik Ol'Oral once upon a time. You know where the saints and sinners are, you're selling something you know they want and need and you can get'em to come to the tent once, but ya can't get'em to stay. Ya keep thinking: how am I going to get them to stay in my little old tent, when there are big, beautiful tabernacles out there. You bring Ol'Oral some players good enough to fill my tent, and I will show you boys how to keep'em here. And you pay attention, because it will make you rich, successful coaches someday! Its all about people, boys, about selling them what's good for them, what makes them better. Every man, woman and child wants to get better. Never forget it, boys." And he adjusts the Rollex on his wrist. "There's nothing wrong with being rich, fellas. You can hep a whole lot more people get better, if yer rich than if yer poor. I know. Now get out there and take care of your families. Bring ol'Oral some young men that can help fill this fine tent of ours."

TheGiftedOne 2 years, 3 months ago

Hey Jaybate... as you as my witness, calling it now, Trevor Releford transfers to KU to play with his brother senior year... Bill and Co. pull a few strings, get some sort of medical clearance and he plays next year. My prediction.

jaybate 2 years, 3 months ago

That's a great vision!

Alas, wouldn't Trevor have to sit out a year, which would mean he would miss Travis' last go round, which by the way I expect to be a stellar one for Travis!

HawksWin 2 years, 3 months ago

Thanks for the info on Bill and Norm, JB. Where do you get all that basketball knowledge? I'm baffled, but do appreciate you sharing! Happy Easter!

Martin Rosenblum 2 years, 3 months ago

What Bill really wanted to say about Bruce Weber........... "I can't wait to extend the domination over KState and now, it will be even more sweet!"

KUFan90 2 years, 3 months ago

"I saw firsthand what he did with those kids at Illinois..."

What Bill really wanted to say was:

"I saw firsthand what he did with MY kids at Illinois..."

Once Self's recruits were gone, Weber was dead in the water...

Not sure how it's expected he will fare better at KSU. If he couldn't win at Illinois, how can he possibly win at KSU.

Frank Martin, we miss you already.

keith horinek 2 years, 3 months ago

Coach Self is very smooth. I don't quite remember things the way he described. Weber had a funeral for coach Self when he took over at Illinois and started the long decline to mediocrity of the Illinois program. I think KSU made a huge mistake in hiring him. KSU has been set back at least four years with this hire. A poor decision on the AD's part.

cklarock 2 years, 3 months ago

Agreed, but why slam the guy in the press? Bill has had wild success since leaving Illinois and doesn't need to prove anything to anyone. Stay above the fray and display the kind of class you want your program to emulate. You say smooth, I say confident.

As someone on these boards said: Do well at Illinois, go to Kansas. Fail at Illinois, go to Kansas State.

jgkojak 2 years, 3 months ago

Weber was an ego move for the AD--

He didn't want to take a chance on anyone like Henson or Jank, so he went with someone he knew could handle coaching someone else's players.

Phoghorn 2 years, 3 months ago

KSU needs to rid themselves of that AD as quick as possible. He seems like a real...ooops somebody else got a comment removed for using that word, so I will stop here.

John Randall 2 years, 3 months ago

Just spell @$$hole phonetically :-)

Phoghorn 2 years, 3 months ago

Oak/KU...nope I meant the m0r0n word...but all three apply to the current KSU AD

justinryman 2 years, 3 months ago

I see in the picture above that Travis is going with the Bruce Bowen look with the Bow Tie.

I guess those defensive guys have meetings and talk fashion there too.

AsadZ 2 years, 3 months ago

I really like playing IU. This would be 3 games against Big 10 schools.

I had posted earlier that we must have a tough non-conf schedule. Next year we will play Michigan St and Ohio State. I'd liked to have a game against a Big East team like Louisville or UConn or ACC team like Duke, Pitt or Syracuse.

REHawk 2 years, 3 months ago

Or NC. C'mon, Roy, bite the bullet and do the right thing. The hoops world craves an annual KU/UNC contest.

KULA 2 years, 3 months ago

I like saving the KU/UNC matchups for the tournament. That way, the "thud" is even greater when the Tarheels get smacked down.

Chris Shaw 2 years, 3 months ago

I like the idea of playing Big 10 schools! I don't know, this may be a shot in the dark, but maybe the addition of the Big 10 schools to the schedule is to help position the University just in case all this conference realignment stuff happens again.

I am sure that it's probably not the case, but you can never be too cautious about your next steps as an institutition. With that said, get freaking Louisville to the Big 12! They have one of the best athletic departments in the country consistently turning profit and they have potential for growth with their football team and expanded seating.

FLJHK 2 years, 3 months ago

Good post. I would not be at all surprised if the Big 10 angle is at least a small part of the reasoning for the schedule. It's best to cover all your bases. If realignment does come along again, along with the anticipated improvement in our football program I'm thinking the Big 10 will want KU to join.

Also agree that Louisville should be an immediate target the the league.

Chris1955 2 years, 3 months ago

Positioning, Positioning, Positioning. This is not a coincidence. Neither was the Charlie Weis hire. Time will tell if the strategy worked.

Benz Junque 2 years, 3 months ago

I 100% agree. I still feel that when the $--t hits the fan and all the big conferences bump out to 16 each that Kansas will find a home in the Big 10.

Royaljayhwk 2 years, 3 months ago

I hope it happens....been waiting so long for the IU rivalry to start up again....I'm only an hour from Bloomington....would be a great atmosphere to go in to as a visiting fan!

Phoghorn 2 years, 3 months ago

I have always wanted KU to play some games at Minnesota. This would get us some press in a major metropolitan area.

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 3 months ago

I much rather play games against the Big 10 than against the PAC 12; at least it would improve our RPI.

gdkadjayhawk 2 years, 3 months ago

Louisville sounds good, but don't forget what Pitino said after the big loss back in 1989 about never scheduling KU again!

dylans 2 years, 3 months ago

Yeah, and he said to root for Kentucky in the championship game. Is that an old festering wound or in state loyalty?

Chris Shaw 2 years, 3 months ago

I don't know if that had to do with "KU" as much as it did with Roy Williams! I don't think Pitno and Williams are the best of friends.

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 3 months ago

That was when Pitino was at Kentucky and Roy Williams was HC at KU. A description of the game is in the following link:

Pitino did not make himself proud in that game and his team suffered because of it, The game is in YouTube as well, all 9 parts.

In any case, it seem like they have ended their feud: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/44955-williams-pitino-end-long-feud

REHawk 2 years, 3 months ago

As for recruiting, I think we'd best brace up for another key addition, either to the 4 or 1 position. An experienced 4 would free up Perry to focus on 3. A promising 1 gives Naadir a bit more time to develop and relieve EJ to slide back and forth to the 2, in case BenMac should struggle. Six games in eight days in Italy gives our coaching staff an early look at the entire squad, with an opportunity to shuffle combinations. Yee-haw!

Eric Schneider 2 years, 3 months ago

Perry is a 4, period. Maybe by the time he is a junior or senior he could develop that. But not this year. We are still very much in the mix for Tony Parker. He is supposed to announce tomorrow morning.

As far as Adams, I don't see how he'll be eligible this year. His record is worse than Ben and Jamari's were.

I would not be surprised to see Naadir redshirt. If we find another point guard. The game obivously still hasn't slowed down for him. But we'll see.

Jason Keller 2 years, 3 months ago

No, Tony is no longer announcing tomorrow according to his high school coach via Atlanta Journal.

jaybate 2 years, 3 months ago

Copy and paste, REHawk, plus this add.

Perry clearly did not come to KU to play the 4 to learn how from DManning. Danny's departure this season was reputedly considered a high probability, because of his children's wrap up of high school.

Further, Perry's high school coach was quoted as saying Perry could play the 3 in college.

Further, Self said Perry could play the 3 in college.

Further, after watching Kidd-Gilchrist play the 3 for UK, its pretty clear that Calipari would have been willing to give Perry the 3 at UK in order to get him.

Also, between UNC and Duke, at least one of them could have afforded to give Perry the 3.

Something probably persuaded Perry to come to KU. And a promise to play the 3 seems on the list of significant triggers.

If Perry can shoot the trey at 38-42%, and defend, he's the every game MUA 3 and a sure lottery pick when he decides to go pro. At the 4, he's just another power forward that needs to gain weight.

Forget Perry playing the 4, unless he can't get the 3ball to fall. Any one know the answer on Perry's trifectation?

Tony Parker seems a long shot, but man would he be perfect.

The biggest hole we need to fill is at the 1.

This year we could skate when Tyshawn got fouled up, because EJ could move over.

I agree that Naadir is probably not ready to play 20 back up minutes at the 1 and 2 next season.

Anrio Adams also seems not the answer either. He seems a pre-shirt (i.e., a sit out his first season) with transcript issues waiting to happen.

So: its at the 1 position that I see Self needing to pull a rabbit out of the hat, and I suspect some of Self's jubilation at Norm arriving is that Norm can produce someone.

If a 1 is not landed, I have just had another brain storm for the point.

Wouldn't it be interesting if Self moved Travis to the point?

Travis is a great, great, great athlete that could be an overpowering defender at the 1.

Travis is not a great dinger from trey, so far, but he is a fabulous slasher.

What if Self said, "Trav, you've played some 4, you've carried us from the 3, but I've got to get your slashing game into the offense and I can't do that leaving you at the 3. You know the 3 is glue and defense stretching only in our scheme. But at the point you could just drive at will, drive non stop. At the point you could cut the head off every opposing point guard we will meet even in the Finals. What I want you to do is work like hell this summer on your dribbling. Don't worry about your outside shot. Work on dribbling and running the offense. Next season I want you to split time at the 1 with EJ, the 2 with Ben Mac, and the 3 with Perry. I figure you are going to be our only 40 minute man every game. You are going to be the ultimate 6th man of all time. You will probably lead the team in scoring. I expect it to turn you into a first round draft choice."

The sound of Travis dribbling never stops once till next October 15th!!!

HawksWin 2 years, 3 months ago

Well, now you got me thinking & chewing on Trav playing 1. I can see that.

Adam Bengtson 2 years, 3 months ago

Yeah Perry went to my old high school. Watched him all the time....he will never move out of the 4 spot. He can dribble like T Rob, but can't handle it like a Releford. My fear with Perry is, sometimes it takes alot to get him going. City League was like boring to him. He averaged 27 a night for his career, but was always in the 2nd half. Although, I hear everytime we went to Skills Camps, he plays up to their competition and shows out. Will see. Self just needs to motivate him for day 1. He will be a 3 year guy. Not a one-and-done trust me. Which is good news for Kansas.

Jack Wilson 2 years, 3 months ago

The point guard comment by Self stood out to me as it relates to Tharpe. "As far as possibly finding a point guard: 'I’m hopeful we can tighten that up through recruiting in the spring. If not, I think Elijah can be your primary point. I’d like to recruit one more, without question.' "

Actually, if Tharpe is in the mix, we have two point guards which is fine. Is he considering Tharpe a rotation guy? Is the addition simply a 3rd for depth? Sounds like he wants another guy for 2012-13.

But really, Self's comments beg the question of who leaves. “We are not close to being done,” Self said, not discussing specific recruits in accordance with NCAA rules. “If we get lucky late or get the right transfer, we’d certainly be open to taking them.”

We are at 13 with Wesley returning to walk-on status.

Is Lindsay or a suprise shoe about to drop? Or is Adams likely just out of the mix due to his academic issues?

Eric Schneider 2 years, 3 months ago

I think Self was talking physical tools. Not necessarily play on the floor. Tyshawn will never be a great shooter. Elijah is. His problem has always been confidence. From a pure talent perspective, Coach is 100% right.

Phoghorn 2 years, 3 months ago

KU and IU should play every (caps) year (caps). To the best of my knowledge KU has never won in IU Assembly Hall, (0 and 3 I believe) and we need to right that wrong.

Two of my favorite KU games involved IU. One that featured Jacque Vaughn's 3 and the other was the 1993 regional final at the old St. Louis Arena.

2 years, 3 months ago

The two biggest wrongs I would like to see us right are the '40 and '53 National Championship game losses to the Hoosiers :-)

jaybate 2 years, 3 months ago

If KU schedules H&H with Indiana, does it mean Crean is yet another member of the "do it the right way" (DIRW) club of coaches working to free D1 from the grip of the rogue element? We'll know more when we see who else IU is scheduling. Perhaps the DIWR club maybe starting to swing the exclusionary scheduling weapon at the rogue element. Perhaps KU will be taking the place of someone on Indiana's schedule? :-)

Or maybe not. Haven't looked.

On another note, any one notice Bob Knight going back to address some group in Indiana and getting all dew-eyed about how great the Indiana fans were? The General appears to be entering into a campaign to re-legtimize himself in the state.

Miguel Colón 2 years, 3 months ago

I see Nadir leaving as well as Lindsay. Just don't think he can handle major college basketball, and Lindsay was always a signee for practice.

HawkKlaw 2 years, 3 months ago

Naadir is here to stay. He may well be the starting PG in 2013-14.

Lindsay though, I would agree, is probably out.

jaybate 2 years, 3 months ago

First, everyone is expendable. If a Kidd-Gilchrist and an Anthony Davis came along right now, two have to go. When Xavier came, Brady had to become a backup. When Josh came, Brady had to become a back up, and Travis had to wait a year.

But the fact is these great players rarely come along. Mostly, one major program gets lucky and the rest come up short. So: the odds are, unless Norm has a few in his him pocket he is stripping from Billy Donovan, which I think is an incredibly insignificant probability, since it would be stabbing Donovan in the back, both Naadir and Merv stay put.

Second, I have never understood why everyone is so sure Merv is about to be sent packing.

He is a 3.

He is 6-7".

He has yet to mature physically.

He has a D1 3 stroke, or so it was said when recruited.

This guy is money in the bank in two years, if only as a back-up for 4-5 stars at the 3, which we rarely land anyway.

Merv, if he can get strong enough to guard the 3 position, is perfect for a Self program that goes after strong and long 3s, but rarely lands one, and winds up having to play combos at the 3. Merv, if he can muscle up, lets Self indulge in the combo 3 most of a season and then have a 6'7" 3 to go to occasionally.

Sure, if some 1s and 3s with a long ball and ready to play out of the box show up, Naadir and Merv are history, but really, how often does that happen in late spring? Naadir and Merv are more typical of what happens in late spring on the perimeter than 4-5 stars.

REHawk 2 years, 3 months ago

If somewhere along the way Merv should earn a red shirt, then he might just develop into a Releford-type 3, with a touch more height. Under Bill Self, the awarding of a red shirt seems to indicate that the player has potential to be indispensable before departure. Of course, red shirts still occupy scholarship slots. The red shirt worked out well for Travis and Brady, and not bad for Mario Little. If a really topnotch point guard should yet appear, Naadir, too, might be in line for a red shirt 2nd season. I like Naadir's spirit, and see him as a central figure in future Jahawk play. Very noteworthy, our starters slapping hands with him during intros at New Orleans. Already, there have been indicators that he is a developing bench general, prior to his eventual time to lead on the court.

Jack Wilson 2 years, 3 months ago

The reason to assume on Lindsay is simply process of elimination. If Tony Parker would fall into our laps, who goes?

Adams is a question mark so that may give us the answer. But if not, Lindsay appears the farthest away from contributing.

And losing Lindsay is not a hole to fill. We can recruit a player equal to or better than Lindsay at any time.

He is clearly a project. But projects are the first to explore other options, with a nudge, of course.

If Lindsay stays, he likely will be exactly what you say.

Interesting that you think Tharpe would be jettisoned so easily .. you've never really been a Tharpe fan, though .. short legs.

Sally Presson 2 years, 3 months ago

Bruce Weber is a jerk!!! Sorry to see K State have to put up with him, wish Coach Martin hadn't left for the conference sake and K State's.

REHawk 2 years, 3 months ago

Well, sally, considering the departure of our longstanding vile foe Misery, now it is time to step up our enmity with the in-state institution. Frank Martin came across as such a good guy who respected Bill Self and our program, that it got in the way of our customary heated Wildcat rivalry. The hiring of Weber should reinvigorate the clamor and passion between the schools. We are missing those good ol' spirited Norm Stewart animosities.

Jabez Harlan 2 years, 3 months ago

Correct me if I'm wrong; Leaving, T-Rob Taylor Teahan Jueneman

Staying, EJ Releford Withey Young Wesley Lindsay Roberts Garrett Tharpe McLemore Traylor

Coming, Ellis White Adams (?) Lucas Peters

If my math is right, KU will field 16 players for 2012-13. How many scholarships can KU offer and how many walk-ons can the team accept?

Seems to me that some players will have to leave or red-shirt to make room for the recruits Self has coming in not to mention any addtional recruits that are signed within the next week.

I would be looking for stories regarding the transfer of Christian Garrett, Merv Lindsay, and perhaps even Justin Wesley.

Jack Wilson 2 years, 3 months ago

The only concern is scholarships, and there are 13. As we sit now, Wesley goes back as a walk-on assuming your question mark (Adams) finds his way here.

Trey Hohman 2 years, 3 months ago

Whatever happened to Nino Jackson as our future PG option? Does he still have eligibility issues or has that now been resolved? I think Nadir might have a pretty high ceiling but obviously not sure how much better he can get by next season to warrant tons of minutes. Would be great to bring in more competition for PG spot.

(very old article) According to ESPN.com affiliate www.TheShiver.com, Kansas head coach Bill Self offered class of 2012 guard Nino Jackson a scholarship on Monday.

"Coach Self told me himself that he wants me at Kansas," Jackson said. "He (Self) said he loves me and loves the way I play and wants me playing for him."

The 6-foot shooting guard has made no secret of his high interest in Kansas, wearing KU socks and sweatshirts to various AAU events. A verbal commitment may be coming soon, the junior-to-be added.

"I don't know yet," Jackson said about when he'll make his decision. "Soon though."

JayHawkFanToo 2 years, 3 months ago

That comments are from an article dated July 19, 2010. Since then, Nino has had academic problems that make it unlikely that he will play D1 any time soon. Too bad, he has a lot of talent.

Trey Hohman 2 years, 3 months ago

Nevermind. Just saw Nino Jackson's twitter feed and read a blog about him. Apparently (from internet indications) he's currently knee deep in the insane pool. Too bad. He could really PLAY.

FarSideHawk 2 years, 3 months ago

I think people are doubting Naadir too much. I really think he'll be getting decent minutes next year, and will be the starting point guard the following two years.

He is the perfect point guard; he was just trying too hard this year and kept making careless mistakes when he got in. He will be much better next year.

KULA 2 years, 3 months ago

I like what I've seen from Naadir in his extremely limited minutes--nice quickness, a decent 3-stroke, and confidence. Looks to me like he's got the tools to be a better than average point guard. But it just seems like Bill doesn't like him--extremely quick hook (literally seconds, sometimes) absolutely no tolerance for mistakes, and never a mention of him in interviews. Obviously Bill sees a lot more than we do. It just doesn't look like Bill considers him to be in the mix.

Jack Wilson 2 years, 3 months ago

If you have insider access, predictions by 7 analysts on unsigned prospects for 2012. Only one analyst predicts we get Parker. No one predicts we get any other prospect that are left. Nino Jackson is mentioned .. a couple say Mizzou; 3 say JUCO.