Monday, September 26, 2011

Beyond the Phog’ excerpt: Wayne Simien on getting caught up in the college lifestyle

"Beyond the Phog" book.

"Beyond the Phog" book.

photo

Courtesy photo

"Beyond the Phog" book.

The following is an excerpt from "Beyond the Phog - Untold Stories from Kansas Basketball's Most Dominant Decade." Compiled by Jason King of Yahoo! Sports and Lawrence Journal-World sportswriter Jesse Newell, the 400-page book includes interviews with 40 players and coaches from the most successful era in Jayhawks history. "Beyond the Phog" will be available in stores Friday. For more information or to pre-order the book, check out kubook.net. KUSports.com will run excerpts from the book through the next week.

In Wayne Simien's words ...

LIVING A LIE

When you go on a recruiting visit, it’s not uncommon to see things get wild and crazy. But once you sign with a school and get to campus, you realize that life can be like that every night. It’s up to you.

I definitely got caught up in that lifestyle my first few years at Kansas. I was partying, I was drinking, there were girls, I was smoking (marijuana) … just doing a little bit of everything. I hadn’t been involved in any of that kind of stuff back home. I didn’t smoke or drink or party in high school. But when I got here, I figured, “Hey, I guess this is the way it’s supposed to be done.” It was college life. When you see 20,000 other college kids around you doing the same thing, you just figure, “Hey, this is just the way that it is. It’s the way it’s supposed to be.”

One night, after we beat UCLA when I was a sophomore, I went out and celebrated. I was in a bar, and a drunk guy walked up and said, “Man, I wish I had your life.” When he said that, I felt like I’d been punched in the face. It may have looked like my life was great with wins and Final Fours and NBA draft projections and stuff. But he didn’t know that, inside, I was a wreck. I left the bar, went back to the Towers and cried myself to sleep that night.

All the stuff I was pursuing – wins, notoriety, fame, the NBA dream – none of it satisfied me. I was gripped by fear and insecurity. I was afraid of not performing well. I was afraid of getting injured. I was afraid of what people might think about me. I was one of the biggest, strongest guys on campus, yet I was walking around afraid and insecure. I didn’t want to live like that anymore.

In the midst of all that, I just started searching for something greater to live for other than just myself and basketball. That’s all I had lived for the previous 15 years of my life. None of it was really making me happy.

Comments

100 10 years ago

Glad you found yourself Wayne. Don't forget though, as your life goes on...

If you really love basketball, doing the right thing & reaching youth...

Just like Doctor Naismith, perhaps the best pulpit you can have is...

The basketball court....

The basketball court shall show us all, as long as you have ten or even eighteen kids, everything you'll ever need to know about life... You looked great out there Saturday.

Rock Chalk, Wayne Simien

ahpersecoachingexperience 10 years ago

That's loser talk! Now take this joint, grab some skanks, and hit the club. ;)

Ahperse's beyond the phog: One time a drunk'n roommate and I went to the Chinese buffet place on 23rd and Iowa when Wayne and a few other players walked in. They knew us from seeing us around (I may have supplied Wayne for some of his habits) and sat down with us to eat. After pounding down some serious msg it was time to make a to go plate. Wayne said "these people aren't going to give you a box" to which we explained "don't need one, give us you coat". He did and we proceeded to fill his pockets with as many crab rangoon we could fit along with whatever else we could smuggle out. Yes, even rice. My roommate (all 5'6" of him) put on the jacket and headed straight for the door and we ate like kings for a week.

nuleafjhawk 10 years ago

wow. almost as compelling as your mcdonald's story a few months ago.......

Clarence Haynes 10 years ago

You are the loser! Hopefully, one day you will have a revelation.

Tony Bandle 10 years ago

ZZZZZZZ...that's the best you can do? You used to be interesting, controversial and at the very least, downright irritating. Now you're just like a summer repeat. Blah, Blah Blah, Blah-Blah.

What happened???

RockCaCO3 10 years ago

Your parents must be very proud of you.

BewareOfThePhogOnTheWater 10 years ago

It is better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

You, ahpersh*t, have definitely removed all doubt!!

Justin LoBurgio 10 years ago

Was that even more exciting than the time you ate your weight in Godfather's Pizza, or the time Michael Jackson stopped by your house to use the bathroom?

Ben Simonett 10 years ago

OMG, i would kill for some Peeking Taste right now.

those low mein noodles were the best in town!

Stephen Johnson 10 years ago

dude - r u serious? get a grip. some of your stuff is funny, some of it makes a little sense and then a lot of makes you look like you need help.

Pitthawk34 10 years ago

Im starting to believe that this dude is either 18 and living in his parents basement or either a KSU or MU fan.

Woody Cragg 10 years ago

Really, a claim to fame? Dysfunctional is too weak of a description for this.

Woody Cragg 10 years ago

Really, a claim to fame? Dysfunctional is too weak of a description for this.

OKHawkFan 10 years ago

Awesome Apherse just Awesome! I'm quite aware that there are a lot of tempatations and finding your own way in college (Lord knows I did my share of things that I'm not proud of). But to glorify it is a new low even for you. It's sad that in today's society the mantra is everything is ok just don't be too stupid to get caught. You may think what's the big deal I'm not hurting anybody. Ha that's the same thinking that was going through the minds of those highly educated "nice" guys who ran a company called Enron. When society comes to the conclusion that morality is relative is it any surprise we see the consequences that we've seen like the housing scandal of a few years ago where really smart wall street guys were packaging up really bad home loans and selling them off knowing they were bad. Yeah what's the big deal that somebody sold an adjustable rate mortage to somebody that didn't fully understand it as long as I'm off the hook once the loan gets bundled up with other bad loans and sold off to some other sucker. I know I know where do I get off shoving my morals down your throat right?

Funhawk 10 years ago

What profits a man if he gains the world, but loses his soul.

bradynsdad 10 years ago

I have said it before, Wayne is my all time favorite jayhawk. I had the honor of listening to him and speaking with him. He is an extremely valuable asset to ku. At my church he told a story about one of our current jayhawk basketball players that was really touching. Thank you to Wayne for serving the kingdom of god.

FSUJHAWK 10 years ago

Amen to that FunHawk! And Amen to Wayne finding his true calling and freedom!

RCJHGKU!!!

Gary Wirsig 10 years ago

Here's what the article left out...this is an excerpt from his testimony...

"I remember crying out to God for him to show me someone or something; Lord show me something that’s truly worth giving my life to. A few weeks later I ran into some Christians that shared the gospel with me in a dynamic way. They told me about Jesus Christ and the things he had done with his life and shared with me how he died for the forgiveness of my sins and also that he had a plan and purpose for my life. That was something I had never heard before, that God had something for me to do here on earth.

I gave my life to the Lord on July 12, 2003 and my life was completely transformed from the inside out."

The whole story is at http://www.iamsecond.com/seconds/wayne-simien/

Steve Gantz 10 years ago

Thanks for adding that. Otherwise the reader is left to wonder how he turned his life around.

79ictjhawk 10 years ago

Thanks for the rest of the story gdkad!

Travis Avery 10 years ago

Thanks! That is probably the most important part of this story.

milehighhawk 10 years ago

Probably too busy being open-minded and respectful of different worldviews.

OKHawkFan 10 years ago

Well you know what they say about being too open minded. If you're too open minded your brains will fall out. This isn't an issue of being opened minded but of truth. We all have a world view. The question is what are you living for and what's the evidence that what you are living for is true?

bigjay83 10 years ago

I know right? Cause God knows there are no christian progressives.

Progressives, pshh.... Anti-war, socialists who believe in helping the poor and giving healthcare to those in need. Man, those people definitely aren't christian.

Well... except for Jesus.

John Randall 10 years ago

You know, of course, Jesus was not Christian by religion, but by his life and death.

The Christian Religion was established by Saint Peter –– and has been on a downhill run for 2100 years.

True Christianity (not practiced by any church) would measure us by how we treat others, not by what they can coerce us into professing what they say we should believe.

To every missionary approach, I have the same reply: "Don't tell me – show me."

RockCaCO3 10 years ago

Can't leave well enough alone, huh?

Travis Avery 10 years ago

Praise the Lord! Wayne, I am so glad you are a part of our program and I hope the kids on the team listen to what you have to say. Give God the glory!

redlegger 10 years ago

When God asked ahperse what kind of brain he wanted, he thought God said train and asked for a slow one.

kufankam 10 years ago

yes... with all the pain, suffering and chaos in our world, God really likes to focus on manipulating basketball games in march!

get a life!

LAJayhawk 10 years ago

Wow, people take you way too seriously. I'm starting to wonder if some of the fan base may have pulled a hammy in the battle of who can denounce you the most.

I believe I just saw Steve Bartman standing outside with a torch and pitchfork....

ahpersecoachingexperience 10 years ago

Just wait. I got something special coming soon.

Jjhawkgirl 10 years ago

I take offense at his comments about, "when you see 20,000 other college kids doing it...". Maybe I am the oddball in all of this, but while I remember doing my fair share of partying; I recall spending most of my time at KU going to class, waiting tables to make money and STUDYING!!! I find it incredibly short sighted that a gifted athlete with a scholarship would succomb to such peer pressure. You think that would be saved for the full-tuition paying dopes like me!!

Brianna Zaleski 10 years ago

OKHawkFan 10 years ago

I can completely understand how a lot of people would feel like you do. However, you must realize that the temptations that Wayne faced is by no means a "normal college experience" Can you imagine the amount of girls, partying and drugs these guys are exposed to on a daily basis because of who they are. But here's the beauty of his testimony. He realized that what he was doing is wrong and turned to Christ for forgiveness. Think about King David and all the horrible stuff he did. But yet even after all his wrongs God still said he was a man after his own heart. Why you might ask? Because he humbled himself before God and truely came before God with a repentant heart.

RockCaCO3 10 years ago

I think its great Wayne had the character to make the decision he did, but he didnt say "when I see all of the other athletes doing it" he said "20,000 other college kids." There's a difference, and thats what jhawkgirl is referring to.

OKHawkFan 10 years ago

You're right I see what she saying now. I don't think Wayne's intent though was to label 100% of college students as partiers and irresponsible. When I was in college I too did a little partying but my priorities were defitely going to class and studying so that I could graduate.

Jjhawkgirl 10 years ago

That is exactly right Rockca. I just have a major issue when things are painted with such a broad brush. That being said, I've always liked how Wayne played the game, the way he represented us as a school to the rest of the nation, and I respect him as an ambassador of how to live life. I just wish he had chosen his words more carefully to place more of the blame on himself, and not just be so shallow to basically say, "everyone was doing it..." when, in fact, everyone wasn't.

ahpersecoachingexperience 10 years ago

By 20000 people he means he lived in jayhawk towers!

Jeff Coffman 10 years ago

My understanding is that Roy Williams had all of his incoming freshman attend church. He didn't tell them which church and I'm not sure how often they had to go to church, but I do think that it does help with some of the things that do occur when you are away from home for the first time.

Being a very religious person myself, I do appreciate the importance of religion in each person's life.

Funhawk 10 years ago

I recall seeing this short scene on TV. The camera shot was from above the players who were all huddled together with Roy in a big circle. I recall Jacque being one of the players. The scene was shot in the Jayhawks' locker room right before a game. The players and coaches all had their heads bowed, and I cannot recall if it was Roy who was praying or if it was Jacque. I think it was Roy, and I recall his prayer ending -- and, we'll give you all the glory. This was a wonderful shock to witness. It was like the forthcoming game was secondary.

ahpersecoachingexperience 10 years ago

If you don't think sitting on your couch and telling whoever is in the kitchen to grab you a wonton out of waynes refrigerated jacket isn't the best then you're wrong.

And what if JC was a bucknell fan, would that change things?

OKHawkFan 10 years ago

But the new rebel is a skeptic, and will not entirely trust anything. He has no loyalty; therefore he can never be really a revolutionist. And the fact that he doubts everything really gets in his way when he wants to denounce anything. For all denunciation implies a moral doctrine of some kind; and the modern revolutionist doubts not only the institution he denounces, but the doctrine by which he denounces it. Thus he writes one book complaining that imperial oppression insults the purity of women, and then he writes another book in which he insults it himself. He curses the Sultan because Christian girls lose their virginity, and then curses Mrs. Grundy because they keep it. As a politician, he will cry out that war is a waste of life, and then, as a philosopher, that all life is waste of time. A Russian pessimist will denounce a policeman for killing a peasant, and then prove by the highest philosophical principles that the peasant ought to have killed himself. A man denounces marriage as a lie, and then denounces aristocratic profligates for treating it as a lie. He calls a flag a bauble, and then blames the oppressors of Poland or Ireland because they take away that bauble. The man of this school goes first to a political meeting, where he complains that savages are treated as if they were beasts; then he takes his hat and umbrella and goes on to a scientific meeting, where he proves that they practically are beasts. In short, the modern revolutionist, being an infinite skeptic, is always engaged in undermining his own mines. In his book on politics he attacks men for trampling on morality; in his book on ethics he attacks morality for trampling on men. Therefore the modern man in revolt has become practically useless for all purposes of revolt. By rebelling against everything he has lost his right to rebel against anything.' (G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy, 1909)

ahpersecoachingexperience 10 years ago

Aa'it stop whatcha doin' cause I'm about to ruin the image and the style that ya used to. I look funny, but yo I'm makin' money so listen up world I hope you're ready for me. Now gather round, I'm the new fool in town and my sound's laid down by tha Underground. I drink up all the Hennessee ya got on ya shelf so just let me introduce myself. My name is Humpty, pronounced with an umpty. Oh ladies oh how I like to frumpty, and to the rappers in the top ten, please allow me to bumpty. I'm steppin' tall y'all and just like Humpty Dumpty you're gonna fall when the stereos pump me. I like to rhyme I like my beef funky. I'm spunky. I like my oatmeal lumpy.

I'm sick with this. Straight gangsta mack. But sometimes I get ridiculous. I eat up all tha crackers and tha licorace. Hey yo fat girl commere are ya ticklish? Yeah, I called ya fat, look at me I'm skinny. It never stopped me from gettin' busy. I'm a freak. I like the girls with the boom. I once got busy in a Burger King bathroom. I'm crazy. Allow me to amaze thee. They say I'm ugly but it just don't faze me. I'm still gettin' in tha girls pants and I even got my own dance. The Humpty Dance is your chance to do tha hump. Ohh do me baby. Do the Humpty Hump. Ohh ohh do me baby. Do the Humpty Hump. Do ya know what were doin'? Were doin' the Humpty Hump yall. Watch me do the Humpty Hump. Just keep on doin' tha Hump.

OKHawkFan 10 years ago

"All right stop grab a hold and listen Ice is back with a brand new edition. Something grabs a hold of me tighly flows like a harpoon daily and nightly. Will it ever stop? Yo I don't know? Pick up the mic and I'll blow. To the extreme I rock the mic like a vandal light up the stage and wax a chump like a candle." You've been served...

nuleafjhawk 10 years ago

Well, except for the couple of expected responses, I'm glad I tuned into this article today!

I was having kind of a "Blue Monday" and seeing some of the responses here has brightened my day considerably.

God bless you all ! Yeah, even you ahperse. Maybe especially you.

79ictjhawk 10 years ago

A nice perspective on a lively discussion nuleaf! God's blessing on all Jayhawks everywhere, and this great country where we are all free to express our beliefs!

Woody Cragg 10 years ago

Who is this friggin' guy anyway? Do ya think maybe he has a cape & a big red "A" on his chest? I don't know if it's a phone booth or a closet, but this dude should get back in & shut the door!

lee3022 10 years ago

The point of Wayne's story is that when he was really down he was told the truth. I have often noted that there are usually only two or three such periods in anyone's life. If we are hungry for the truth we will find it. If we are still making excuses and blaming others we will not. It is most often in one of those periods that people realize they are not God and seek to find Him.

Is this real world? It is for me. I don't tell anyone else how to or what to believe. But in war I have faced my death several times and each time the same faith carried me through. The rock my house is built on is Christ. The storms have not knocked it off and some have been severe. They don't matter. In anything, bringing my focus on God has enabled me to release the fears of this world. Whether in easy or hard times the same God is always here with me. That leaves me nothing to prove and nothing to fear.

Wayne has apparently been enabled to live the life, quit the NBA and seek his God above the riches, fame and offerings so endemic in that occupation. He is a light set on the hill for all to see.

LaJHawk666 10 years ago

Me? Personally, I praise Thor and Zeus. I find them to be the most benevolent of invisible men in the sky, and they smote far less than the Christian god. He answers my prayers just the same, which is about a 50% success/yes rate.

However, they're fickle. Sometimes they're Jayhawk fans, sometimes it's the Blue Devils (yes, ironic). I guess all gods are pretty much the same, though their followers vary wildly. Who's up for an inquisition and covering up child rape?!

The good thing, though, is Thor and Zeus don't seem to mind much about my personal life or resume. It's just all that unconditional love stuff. Come on, AhPerSe, you in with me??? Their parties are pretty stellar.

OKHawkFan 10 years ago

Awesome LaJHawk666 you've hit the nail on the head with some of those comments. As a follower of Christ let me answer some issues you brought up. First the inquisition, child rape by priests, Salem Witch Trials, oh don't forget the big one the crusades. Yes you are correct those were all horrible events in history done by supposed christians. But here's the deal those events tell you a lot about hippocritical christians and tell you nothing about Christ and who he was! Why don't you read the first four gospels and tell me where Jesus says to do any of those things you mentioned. You apparently don't understand the Character of God so let me break it down to you as easily as possible. The Bible is amazingly consistent (yes old and new testament) about God's love and MERCY for those who seek him. However you are right what most non believers have a problem with is his JUDGEMENT. To be honest it sometimes even bothers me that a loving God is also going to hold us acountable. But you have to understand it from God's point of view. God is HOLY and therefore cannot have any evil in his presence (whether that be child rape or telling an innocent little white lie). God cannot allow evil to win in the end. Therefore, what is hell? Well it's God destroying evil and second it's God reluctantly granting our request to want to live separete from Him by rejecting him. You see If you don't want any part of God he is going to respect your free will. God is not going to force you to spend eternity with him if you want no part of him. What kind of loving God would not honor your free will? Lastly, I do not know why God chooses to intervene at times and not at other times in regards to our prayers and how they are answered or not answered. Who are we as finite beings able to question God who created the universe as to why he chooses to intervene or not at times. God's will will be done and sometimes they just don't make a lot of sense to us nor have any explaination at this present time.

LaJHawk666 10 years ago

Wow, the Old Testament is consistent? It says "Thou shalt not kill" and then gives people permission to stone people for eating shellfish or working on Sunday (so I guess college football is OK but the NFL is blasphemous). I could go on and on...but I will add only two more: The Bible is the perfect word of God but it can't even get pi correct??? (1 Kings 7:23) And it's pro-slavery! Or could the Bible not be "the word of God" but instead written by humans living in the Bronze age with many agendas? Gee, I wonder...

It's great that you "do not know why God chooses to intervene at times and not at other times" yet you "understand the Character of God" and "God's point of view" and can even "break it down" to me! And you still have time for basketball!!! My friend's 3-year-old daughter is sick with leukemia but it has to be accepted that "God's will be done." Of course, if she is cured, then it's a miracle from God. Praise Jesus! Since you "understand the Character of God" and "God's point of view" you should be able to figure that one out. Zeus and Thor chalk it up to evolution and the nature of life, disease, etc. and how "life isn't fair," but for those nuggets of wisdom they don't expect me to give them money for a roof over their heads and stained glass windows.

And by the way, why does God hate amputees? People pray to God for everything under the sun (cure for disease, winning the lottery, an NCAA Championship) but no one ever prays for a limb to grow back, even though amphibians can do it. If God and Jesus can perform miracles... Thor and Zeus make no such claims; they just rely on science and man-made technology, coupled with a positive attitude and a sense of humor, to improve mobility and quality of life.

I don't have a problem with spirituality. I think organized religion is just another man-made bureaucracy and a fraud. If you want to believe that a serial killer who "finds Jesus" gets to go to heaven but the six billion people who aren't Christians--many of whom may never meet a Christian--are damned to hell for eternity, then that's your sick belief. Thor and Zeus base their decision on who gets past the velvet rope and into the VIP room based on people's actions, not whether they kiss their butt or not.

LaJHawk666 10 years ago

I can tell you're just like a lot of Christians: You pick the parts you like and use that for a better life, and you ignore the parts that are crazy and/or irrelevant, which seems like a good idea to me. With religion, I think it's good to use the "cafeteria" method. However, you seem to think you can all but read God's mind, but when things go bad God is just too mysterious for "we as finite beings able to question God who created the universe." You understand Him, except when you don't. Huh?

Face it: You don't know anything that I don't know. There may certainly be a higher power than we mere mortals, but it isn't concerned with what we eat, what we do on Sundays, who lives or dies, who wins or loses, or if bad things to good people and good things happen to bad people. Or if it does, it most definitely makes poor choices. (See the Holocaust and KU's loss to VCU this year.)

No one of knows what happens after this mortal life ends (every Christian I've ever asked has given me a very different answer so the inconsistencies alone are quite telling). Of course, we'll all find out some day. But in the mean time, don't act like you got it all figured out. It makes you look like a K-State fan.

:-) RCJH

OKHawkFan 10 years ago

LAJHawk666 I can honestly say the only thing I take offense too in your whole speech is the fact that you accuse me of looking like a K State fan :-) I'm kidding of course I've got nothing against k-state fans. I want to sincerely apologize if I came across as an arrogant Christian who has all the answers because the bible says so. You're right neither I nor anybody else can prove (proof meaning that something can't be any other way) that God exists or the bible or any other holy book for that matter is the word of God. How on earth can I begin to prove any of that? But let's be honest we don't live our lives based on proof do we. Prove to me that this message board discussion is not just a bad dream you’re having? Prove to me that when you go to bed tonight that you won't be stabbed to death by your spouse/friend/relative? You see that's the same mistake that the French philosopher Voltaire makes when he claims unless you can prove something without a doubt I choose to not believe it. Point being if you truly lived out the world view that I choose not to believe something unless it can be proven otherwise then you would become so cynical and skeptical you would never leave the house nor trust anybody. So we really don't live our lives based on proof do we? We live our lives based on evidence. And the evidence is that Jesus Christ is reliable. I find it interesting that you immediately attack the book of Leviticus (most people immediately turn to this book when they want to attack Christianity and the God of the bible). I find this interesting because I would think the biggest thing a non believer would attack is Jesus himself. I mean Jesus makes some very exclusive truth claims: mainly that he was God and that he is the only way to heaven. For some reason you don't ever hear people attack Jesus and the way he lived and the ethical teachings he put forth I wonder why that is (I'm honestly not asking you to answer just a thought I'm having). Mostly a non believer would just say well Jesus was a good guy and had some good ideas but he

OKHawkFan 10 years ago

wasn't God or anything just a good all around guy. Do you know who in the bible talks about hell and judgment the most? It was Jesus!!! Why? Because he cared the most!! He doesn't want you or me to go there and he bled and died on a cross for your sins and mine. You've heard of the Puritan Preacher Thomas Hooker right (well maybe not he lived a long time ago). As he's lying on his death bed one of his closest friends says well Thomas looks like you're going to get what you deserve (meaning heaven). Thomas looks him right back in the eye and says Oh no I'm not going to get what I deserve it's only by God's grace that I will be in heaven. Point is (and let me get personal with you) I deserve God's wrath and judgment because I'm a sinner and Christ makes it perfectly clear that there isn't any amount of good works you can do to attain salvation on your own. Yep another pesky truth claim that Jesus makes. So seriously LAJHawk forget Levitical laws attack Jesus himself and what he said. Oh and I would love to be able to discuss with you the book of Leviticus but it's a lot to really have an in depth discussion over and you probably wouldn't care about my commentary on some Bronze Age man's agenda. Next, you too have also made a truth claim and I quote “Zeus and Thor chalk it up to evolution and the nature of life, disease, etc." OK fine so all we are matter+time+chance as Carl Sagan so eloquently puts it "The cosmos is all there was, is, or ever will be." Really are you willing to live out that truth claim? The reason I'm asking is because you brought up the issue of the Holocaust and your friend's 3 year old daughter and her fight with Leukemia. Question if that's all we are is "star dust" why does evil bother you? Your point of view leads to despair ultimately because life has no ultimate meaning. How can you begin to define evil and fairness when you have no reference point to start from? The cosmos could care less about slavery or aids killing millions of people so why should you???????

OKHawkFan 10 years ago

Lastly, the only way that I'm going to know who God is, is if he opens up and reveals Himself to me. That's where Buddha, Muhammad, Shirley McClain, Tom Cruise, David Koresh, Jesus Christ, and all the others come into play. All religions make exclusive truth claims so you better seriously consider all the options and then ask yourself which truth claim conforms most to reality. For me it's a no brainer it’s Jesus Christ? Why? I've got 4 reasons. (Evidence mind you and not proof as I've already discussed above) 1. His ethical teachings make a lot of sense. 2. Even on my best days I've fallen way short of how I should live my life according to Christ and how he lived and treated people. 3. As he is nailed to a cross and is dying he doesn't curse his enemy's like I would but says "father forgive them for they know not what they do" Man that deserves my respect. 4. Three days after his death he physically rises from the dead and appears to over 500 people at different times and places within a 40 day period. And I can promise you LAJHawk666 if you die and come back to life I will take what you have to say very seriously. Lastly I want to end with this I take the teachings of Christ very seriously and if he claims to be God and as it says in the Book of John that he came to testify to the truth I wouldn’t be a very faithful/obedient Christian if I didn’t follow his command to go therefore and make disciples of all nations telling them about Christ so that’s why I’m doing this. It isn’t because I’m trying to get into a theological pissing contest with you. I’m just a simple beggar who’s found life and I’m trying to share the good news. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4jlWXhKIaE

hardwork1998 10 years ago

WAYNE I'M VERY PROUD TO SEE AND HEAR HOW YOU CHANGED YOUR LIFE AROUND. TILT

Dirk Andrews 10 years ago

Awesome story. Real life situations that we all could learn from. Regardless of what you believe, there is a right and wrong way to live. GET RIGHT!