Friday, November 25, 2011

KUsports.com staff’s Week 13 college football picks

KUSports.com college football staff picks.

KUSports.com college football staff picks.

The following are the Journal-World staffers' picks for Week 13 of the college football season.

Week 13 games

Kansas vs. Missouri

Texas Tech at Baylor

Arkansas at LSU (Friday)

Clemson at South Carolina

Florida State at Florida

Virginia Tech at Virginia

Off-the-wall question: What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

Matt Tait (46-20 overall, 4-2 in Week 12)

Missouri 42, Kansas 14

Baylor 38, Texas Tech 24

LSU 13, Arkansas 7

South Carolina 33, Clemson 30

Florida 20, Florida State 17

Virginia Tech 27, Virginia 21

Question: Any kind of stuffing, but particularly my friend Gina's epic Italian Sausage Stuffing ...

Tom Keegan (39-27 overall, 2-4 in Week 12)

Missouri 48, Kansas 17

Baylor 41, Texas Tech 31

LSU 24, Arkansas 14

South Carolina 35, Clemson 28

Florida 31, Florida State 24

Virginia Tech 28, Virginia 21

Question: Pumpkin pie, no pecan, no pumpkin, no pecan, no ...

Eric Sorrentino (38-28 overall, 4-2 in Week 12)

Missouri 49, Kansas 6

Baylor 56, Texas Tech 49

LSU 24, Arkansas 14

South Carolina 28, Clemson 21

Florida 21, Florida State 20

Virginia Tech 30, Virginia 21

Quesion: Pumpkin bread.

Gary Bedore (36-30 overall, 3-3 in Week 12)

Missouri 50, Kansas 20

Baylor 31, Texas Tech 24

LSU 33, Arkansas 21

Clemson 34, South Carolina 30

Florida 31, Florida State 30

Virginia Tech 28, Virginia 24

Question: My mother's dressing by far (awwww, he praised his mother).

Jesse Newell (35-31 overall, 3-3 in Week 11)

Missouri 52, Kansas 14

Baylor 38, Texas Tech 13

LSU 20, Arkansas 3

South Carolina 28, Clemson 10

Florida State 21, Florida 17

Virginia Tech 34, Virginia 31

Question: Grandma Newell's Banana Nut Bread.

Comments

troutsee 2 years, 4 months ago

Who cares if MU wins the series. You think this is something that we are going to cry over for years to come. I don't and I won't. We are down this year. So what if MU clobbers us! They should! Anything less, will be a victory for us. My family of 12 and I will be there to make some noise for the Hawks but the match ups point toward a MU blowout. After that, I say good-bye to bad rubbish. They will be down there with the other racist schools and states where they belong.

Cora Smith 2 years, 4 months ago

When Coach Gill refused to let Coach Fam speak to the boys last year, I realized that the passion for the game was gone. After today, Mizzou will be gone and be able to claim winning the series. What a shame.

yates33333 2 years, 4 months ago

Mercy, please, hihawk!

I hope KU upsets them. No, I am not smoking weed. You can hope anything.

Remember_Osceola 2 years, 4 months ago

Epic beat down coming in 3.....2......1.........

hihawk 2 years, 4 months ago

Jesse, Gary, Eric, Tom, and Matt all pick a blowout, which I couldn't disagree. I would like to see it get ugly for gill, to see how he can handle the disgussing, horrible, poisonous, brutal, crappy, floundering, sleazy, insecure, frustrating, weak-minded,and mercilessly job of coaching, and that is as good of a complementary discription I can give gill.

Remember_Osceola 2 years, 4 months ago

No way does your girl's football team win this one.

FSUJHAWK 2 years, 4 months ago

With the odds against us I dont care about the score....just win...and win we will!

RCJHGKU!!!

jhawkrulz 2 years, 4 months ago

I'm just glad that Nebraska or the Big Ten wasn't one of the games selected for the picks.

Too bad you didn't get this out earlier, you could have picked the UT, TAM game, an instant classic for how TAM should feel for being a traitor.

KU I hope pulls out the upset, but unfortunately the struggles most likely will continue. I hope they don't.

I expect Baylor to win, the rest I'm not sure I care about.

texashawk10 2 years, 4 months ago

Kansas 35 Fizzou 34

Fizzou misses a field goal as time expires and KU wins the Border War 56 games to 55 games. I will never pick the pussy cats to beat KU at anything and I'm not about to start now. Muck Fizzou!

Baylor 55 Texas Tech 28

RG3 is something special and the Chiefs need to draft him.

LSU 41 Arkansas 14

Geaux Tigers! I love my home state school and cheer for them in everything as long as they aren't playing KU. I've probably been to more LSU games than KU games and I will be wearing my purple and gold today.

So. Carolina 31 Clemson 24

FSU 37 Florida 23

Va. Tech 33 Virginia 24

Va. Tech is in a decent spot to get to the title game if OU beats LSU next week because the BCS has shied away from rematches in recent years so we'll see if that's the case this year as well.

Favorite Thanksgiving dish

Deep fried turkey and pecan pie.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk and Muck Fizzou!!!

Funhawk 2 years, 4 months ago

Kansas Fried Crow Can either fry on the bone or filet the meat. To tenderize the meat you need to cook in a pressure cooker for 15 minutes at 10 pounds or boil in water with a tablespoon of salt until tender to being stuck with a fork. Remove the breast or filets from the pressure cooker or boiling pot. Flour and shallow fry in a pan until golden brown. The crow filets are great fun to pass off to your friends as chicken gizzards.