Thursday, November 3, 2011

Turner Gill suspends freshman DE Ja’Qwaylin Arps

Kansas University red-shirt freshman Ja’Qwaylin Arps, a defensive end from Denison, Texas, has been suspended, KU coach Turner Gill said after practice Wednesday.

Arps, 6-foot-3, 230 pounds, has not played this season and missed the 2010 season because he was red-shirting.

Gill said Arps had been suspended indefinitely for a violation of team rules. However, it was not clear whether Arps was still a member of the football team.

One indication he may not be comes from Arps’ Twitter feed. After not Tweeting once since July 30, which was around the time Gill implemented a team-wide Twitter ban for the season, Arps has been very active during the past week.

Tight end Ted McNulty returning home to take on Cyclones

Kansas senior tight end and native Iowan Ted McNulty is looking forward to traveling back to his home state to take on ISU.

Road matchups tough in the Big 12

After a big loss to Texas in Austin, Kansas defensive coordinator Vic Shealy and the Jayhawks face another test on the road against Iowa State.

His first Tweet since July, which came last Monday, said: “I’m back but not a great reason to say why...”

During his red-shirt season, Arps was named the compete team defensive player of the week for his efforts in practice prior to KU’s game at Southern Miss. In high school, he earned all-state second-team honors his senior season at Denison High.

KU practices indoors

In preparation for its upcoming road game at Iowa State — 11:30 a.m. Saturday in Ames, Iowa — KU took a mini road trip Wednesday.

Instead of practicing in their usual spot, the Jayhawks loaded up the buses and traveled to Anschutz Sports Pavilion across campus.

Gill said the team went inside because of cold and rainy weather outside.

“It worked out pretty well for us,” he said. “We don’t anticipate Saturday to be this kind of weather. It’s going to be probably partly cloudy and a little bit cool, but we’re not anticipating (the rain). So it was good for us just to be able to go in and get some quality work. That was the reason to go in, to be able to get some quality work and have our guys good and focused on our game plan and what we’re trying to do against Iowa State.”

Back off the blitz

Last week, in a 43-0 loss at Texas, the Jayhawks faced one of the most tenacious blitzing teams in college football.

This week, the Jayhawks will get a break — at least in that department.

In watching film of the Longhorns, Long said he and his staff identified 211 different blitzes. This week, while preparing for Iowa State, Long discovered 36. Taking that a step further, Long said UT liked to blitz about 50 percent of the time. The Cyclones? They bring the heat about 15 percent of the time.

“They’re gonna play coverage. They want to keep everything in front and make you go the long field and see if you make a mistake along the way,” Long said. “They play hard. They’re very solid in what they do. They’re very similar to Kansas State.”

Bottoming out

It took nine weeks, but KU now is a member of the ESPN.com feature “The Bottom 10,” written each week by college football reporter Mark Schlabach.

Kansas (2-6 overall, 0-5 Big 12) is ranked ninth on this week’s list, one spot worse than Maryland (2-6) and one spot better than Indiana (1-8). New Mexico (0-8) owns the top spot for the seventh straight week.

Of the Jayhawks, Schlabach writes: “Help Wanted: The Bottom 10 keeps waiting for the Jayhawks to show some signs of improvement under second-year coach Turner Gill. It is yet to be seen... Gill needs help or the Jayhawks might be hanging a ‘Help Wanted’ sign of their own.”

KU had been on The Bottom 10’s “waiting list” for the past three weeks, but cracked the big board this week after last week’s 43-0 loss to Texas in which the offense gained just 46 yards and the defense surrendered 590.

Comments

gardenjay 2 years, 10 months ago

Bottoming out can be a good thing - no where to go but UP.

Come on 'hawks, I still believe more than the average fan - give 'em a game, I'll be watching as usual and cheering you on!

westernkshawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Me too! Garden City, maybe? Us western KS fans are better fans than some of those who just THINK they are fans!

Cmill1221 2 years, 10 months ago

I'm in Las Vegas, that's About 700 miles west of Garden City. Does that make me more of a fan than you? You dont need to like the coach to be a "good fan". Obviously everyone would like to be wrong and coach gill be A HOF coach. But he's not and as a "real" fan it's hurts me to watch these games and see how horrible this guy is. I would prefer we lose and get rid of this guy so these poor players who are wasting there college years here will have some hope when he is fired. It all makes me sick.

Ethan Berger 2 years, 10 months ago

Considering Vegas isn't in Kansas I would say your not a fan. And Since I'm from Texas, I'm not a fan either.

Micky Baker 2 years, 10 months ago

Oh, so only those in Western Kansas can "be fans". You ever wonder why some KU fans are considered arrogant? Because of fans like you. I'm from Western Kansas too, and I live in Texas. I know Western Kansas very well. I know about Scott City and Ulysses High School Football. I know Scott City beat Garden City 33 - 3 this year. I know Ulysses beat Liberal 42-24 this year. I know that game between Scott City and Ulysses was a well played game by both defenses, because I was there.

But it comes to this. Three years ago most of the Ulysses players were sophomores and Sandoval was a Freshman playing on varsity. They weren't nearly as good then as they were last year, and much better this year. They improved from the first of the season to the last game of the season in each season.

In the first round of the playoffs, Ulysses beat Pratt 60-18. That was the best game they played this year. 7 players scored a TD, one scoring three of them as a wide receiver, and I believe that Ulysses lost the first round game in 2009 21-0 to Wellington. They lost to Holton last year. I predict that Ulysses will advance to the 4a State Championship, and since Topeka Hayden is in the East, I predict a classic football game to be played in Salina the Saturday after Thanksgiving. All those players improved, and even the backups at Ulysses are good, especially that next QB they'll have starting next year. The coaching staff developed the players, and that is not happening at Kansas.

You can give this coach all the chances you want, and he's had 21 chances so far. Do you see any signs of major improvement on defense? I don't.

But go ahead and give him more chances. It would be completely different if say we were within a couple of touchdowns going into the 4th quarter against Kansas State or if we scored say maybe 21 points against Texas. I would feel better if we didn't allow Oklahoma State to score 70(56 in the first half) or Georgia Tech to score 69(45 in the second half). I've looked for something this team can build on, and they occurred in the first two games. Unfortunately, the coaching staff did not build upon those games.

My patience with Gill has ran out, but I was very optimistic at the beginning of this season.

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 10 months ago

Someone once asked me to name two cities that are the exact opposite. I said Las Vegas and Garden City.

kesmithstl1 2 years, 10 months ago

actually the only differences are legalized prostitution and gambling.

LAJayhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Prostitution is actually illegal inside the city limits of Vegas.

LAJayhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

I was about to say that LA is more West than any of you, but then I remembered Alohahawk.... apparently he is the greatest KU fan in the world.

willie_fu_fu 2 years, 10 months ago

We could go up but sideways seems more likely.

minipman 2 years, 10 months ago

are you serious, you have practice inside because of a little rain.. no wonder our tean sucks.. the coach treats them like little kids..

Cmill1221 2 years, 10 months ago

NO!!! Practicing in poor conditions builds confidence!!! They should be practicing outside. And this does impact our kicking game!! There goes our #1 net punting average!!

Sam Brockert 2 years, 10 months ago

Tell that to the Chiefs...they practice indoors yesterday...

Kip_McSmithers 2 years, 10 months ago

Valid point. Haley also doesn't allow players to cuss. They can't have girls in their rooms past 10pm...

Chris Condren 2 years, 10 months ago

What if it is cold and rainy at the ISU game? I guess we postpone it.

superhawk22 2 years, 10 months ago

bville, I think your sarcasm meter needs a little adjusting this morning.

bville_hawk 2 years, 10 months ago

I need to switch back to brand name coffee from this store brand. Starts me out in a negative mode!

Andy Tweedy 2 years, 10 months ago

If you've been around KU football for a while, this isn't uncharted territory...but it still sucks!!!

nuleafjhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Are there REALLY eight other teams worse than us?

DocBean 2 years, 10 months ago

No, there aren't.

The Jayhawk still gets some respect from writers that haven't seen us play football in the last two years.

KGphoto 2 years, 10 months ago

Interesting that my favorite measuring stick, Randy Edsall is on the list. Wonder if they'll keep him around for 4 years.

nuleafjhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

lol - KG - point taken. He had some very good years at YouCon (by their standards), but who knows? If next year is like this year for Maryland, he may very well be packing.

KGphoto 2 years, 10 months ago

You know what's even more interesting. Maryland controversially ousted a fat man, Friedgen, ($2 million buyout) so they could get to Edsall. And Lew Perkins (KU, $2 million buyout) used to AD at Maryland.

We got a real Lincoln/Kennedy thing going here. I wonder if Lew is sitting in a theatre somewhere in College Park.

nuleafjhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Yikes!! Think I'll stay out of the theatre and stick with my Netflix for now !

mustlehustle 2 years, 10 months ago

Be nice about Maryland...."Kansas' basketball's "coach-in-waitng" is currently coaching there...

nuleafjhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

I hope he's very patient.......

danmoore 2 years, 10 months ago

There are atleast 30 teams in D1 we could beat but the Bottom Ten is weighted towards BCS teams.

Andy Tweedy 2 years, 10 months ago

Northern Illinois and somebody else?

danmoore 2 years, 10 months ago

Take all the teams in non-BCS conferences with 500 or below records plus a few BCS teams like Minnesota and Colorado. Northern Illinois has the best record in the MAC and we beat them. 30 wins is a conservative estimate.

tis4tim 2 years, 10 months ago

"Gill said moving inside did not limit the Jayhawks in any way other than in the kicking game."

So, the best facet of our team didn't get to practice full tilt. I guess this week we'll suck at that too. Top 5 Bottom 5 here we come!

Joe Ross 2 years, 10 months ago

KU’s Gill suspends freshman DE Arps

In related news, KU's Zenger suspends head coach Turner Gill.

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 10 months ago

Wonder which commandment he didn't follow?

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 10 months ago

So not only are we not recruiting d linemen, we are kicking the ones we have off the team...

Coach'em Up!

NebraskaJayhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

"Offensive coordinator Chuck Long, who called Texas the most blitzing team he’d ever seen, said Tuesday that Iowa State was at the opposite end of the spectrum when it came to pressuring the quarterback."

Which means we'll see a slew of new blitz packages from Iowa St. and our coaches won't be prepared for them.

ISU 45 KU 17

Hail_To_Thee 2 years, 10 months ago

Exactly. Thats because this coaching staff has no clue how to adjust.

flyingfinn 2 years, 10 months ago

And won't have a clue as how to adjust to them

jhawkrulz 2 years, 10 months ago

Actually, if you read the article by Turner Gill, he mentioned that Texas only had one formation that the team hadn't seen in film. So in reality, ISU can keep doing what they are doing because KU's coaching staff doesn't know how to prepare the team for what they see in film.

Again, there are clear indictations that Gill is incompetent, hopefully triggering the "for cause" clause in his contract.

I would say that this would be a game that if the Jayhawks are blown out (again), it would strengthen that position.

Micky Baker 2 years, 10 months ago

Wanna bet that Iowa State blitzes more than 15% on the time Saturday? Wanna bet that Chuck Long will not be prepared for it because he already tipped his hand. What a moron you are Chuck!

mustlehustle 2 years, 10 months ago

You have possibly the most non-athletically minded President of your University, who selected a "Search Committee" based on some criteria other than knowledge of football, realignment, raising alumni dollars, State government influence, etc....

Coupled with a new Athletic Director who of all the Assistants from the big relevant programs, and all the Athletic Directors from Top 50 teams, your crack Recruiting Committee, when shunned by an Athletic Director from of all places, "Tulsa," panics and offers the job to him, An A.D. who supposedly apologists claim is a "football man" but never was able to influence any of that supposed wisdom while at Illinois State. Finally, whose roots are more planted in Manhattan Kansas then Lawrence, exception being some little house he lived in when he was still in short pants.

Finally if that wasn't enough, you have a Head Coach, who has only recruiting ties and whatever success he's had, in Upstate New York. Who, by all measures, is way over his skis on coaching at this level.

Are you beginning to understand, this isn't just a coaching problem?

Robert Brock 2 years, 10 months ago

Fire Gill. Hire Leach. We could use some offense. And comedy.

ampthatman 2 years, 10 months ago

What I don't understand is your liberal use of quotation marks. Tulsa is a real place, you know...no need to put it in quotes.

actorman 2 years, 10 months ago

There are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize Gill's coaching, but it's ridiculous to say he only has recruiting ties in upstate New York. He was the top recruiter at Nebraska and as such I'm sure he recruited in many different parts of the country and got to know a lot of different people over those years.

coolhand357 2 years, 10 months ago

TG should have never been hired, especially for a 2 mil a year, iron-clad 5 yr contract. Insanity = using the same process and expecting different results... which makes me live in fear of who they will hire next.

Joe Ross 2 years, 10 months ago

Hopefully different AD will produce different results. Zenger is about to show what he is made of.

danmoore 2 years, 10 months ago

It will be someone you won’t like. Either a head coach from a mid-major or an OC/DC from a BCS conference like Bud Moore, Mike Gottfreid, Bob Valesente, Glen Mason, Terry Allen, Mark Mangino, Turner Gill, etc.

Cmill1221 2 years, 10 months ago

Sadly.... Every name mentioned in your list was better than turner gill.

rcjallday 2 years, 10 months ago

How hard is it to root for a team when they're winning? I'm disgusted as a KU alum by the things that alleged KU "fans" post as comments. Times are tough, obviously, but being a fan when the team isn't good is what true loyalty is. You may not agree with Gill, but he still is the head coach at KU and will always get my support regardless of the outcome or until he isn't anymore. None of you are the A.D. and I doubt Zenger is perusing the LJW website for hiring tips. A win vs. ISU would be huge, and they're prime for a letdown after their TT upset. Also, as crazy as it sounds, KU still has a shot at a bowl game. Sure, they need to win out, against some quality teams, but the rest of the teams are still beatable. Baylor, T A&M, Mizzpoo haven't looked good and all it takes is one game to build confidence, get some momentum, and turn the season around.

danmoore 2 years, 10 months ago

As unlikely as a bowl bid is I agree with your sentiments. KU fans are the definition of fair weather fans. Can't wait for basketball has become our mantra.

tis4tim 2 years, 10 months ago

When I was in school years ago, I had a professor who came into class one day and, before he began his lecture, told us all why it was so important to attend class. He was not thrilled with many of the performances on a recent exam and thought he should give us all a stern talking to. The funny thing is the people that needed to hear what he had to say were not there. They were skipping class.

My point? Your anger has been misappropriated. The real fair weather fans will never read how disgusted you are with them as they don't care enough about the program to spend even a single moment on a site like this. And just because the individuals in here are critical at times, bombastic at other times and downright spiteful on occasion does not make us any less of a fan than you. In fact, I would argue the sheer amount of time most of us spend pointing, counterpointing, postulating and rebutting all things KU makes us more of a fan than most.

Rock Chalk!

rcjallday 2 years, 10 months ago

All I'm saying is that when times are tough, that's when the team needs their fans the most. It's the same thing in life where you need your family and friends after you've been divorced, fired, or any number of challenges. These are still 20 year old kids, who besides scholarship money, aren't being payed (this isn't USC).

AzNHawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Rcjallday – Great post man. I agree your post. Times are tough and as bad and embarrassing as it is to watch these kids get out on that field and play and then end up with an L I will still support this team.

I’ve become more of a lurker on this website due to the dark cloud that surrounds this program. Just about everyone is ready to cut their losses with this team and coach and I understand that with the current circumstances. I too was at a point in my personal life where all I could see was the negative and was ready to throw in the towel. I use to be a big Debbie downer! Luckily I got the support I needed to bounce back and persevere.

This team is down and just about out for the count, but if these guys stick together and continue on I hope they bounce back. That’ll show a lot about the character of these kids. (keyword: kids) Especially when almost everyone has given up on them.

tis4tim 2 years, 10 months ago

I agree with you 100%. I really do.

The thing is, sports should be a symbiotic relationship. The fans cheer wildly for their team and the team responds in kind with inspired play. Sure, there will be ups and downs along the way and losing streaks and what have you, but that is understood as being a part of the normal sports landscape.

KU football is not normal. What we have here is a parasitic relationship. The fans try with all their might to support their team and get nothing in return. With the exception of a few decent years, KU football has for the most part sucked. And it isn't close. There is only so much rank futility any fan can take before they say to heck with it and spend their time, money and vocal capital elsewhere.

At this point, the fans have done all they can. If KU continues to trot disaster out onto the field week in and week out then I believe it's all on them at this point.

nuleafjhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

tis4tim - I don't think it could be said much better than that. Very nice.

RockCaCO3 2 years, 10 months ago

I agree with most of what you say, but I don't think leaving ballgames at halftime (even when ahead) is "doing all they can." And I'd say that's pretty typical of KU football fans.

jhawkrulz 2 years, 10 months ago

Just curious how many football tickets you've bought this year and how many basketball tickets you plan on buying this year?

rcjallday 2 years, 10 months ago

Let's look at this objectively: He inherited a program that went 5-7 with the best QB KU has ever had and the leading receiver in KU history. Investigation or not, losing 7 in a row with that group is hard to do. Somehow, he is supposed to turn that around in 2 years with a Soph. QB, Soph RB, several FR RB, FR and Soph at WR. He has beaten the teams he was supposed to beat, lost to the teams we are supposed to lose to, and is somehow not slated for a BCS Bowl. Who didn't see this coming? Plus, there is still a lot of football left and I haven't, nor will I, give up on this team or the coaches.

rcjallday 2 years, 10 months ago

They started off 5-0 and it didn't seem to be an issue. Blaming this on Taylor is a bit of a reach. I played for Mangino at KU and everyone knew at some point that his maniacal temper was going to blow over. Though I wish I could be fired with cause and get a couple million to move to Florida.

rcjallday 2 years, 10 months ago

And yet, no players who made significant contributions were involved or suspended. Plus, those 5 wins were against underwhelming opponents. And they won 2 games after the altercation.

bville_hawk 2 years, 10 months ago

"Tyshawn Taylor single-handedly destroyed KU athletics."

Now THAT'S a stupid statement! (You could make a case, though, for Lew Perkins).

jhawkrulz 2 years, 10 months ago

And to all that said that MM couldn't recruit, by this declaration he at least recruited the best QB and WR (and probably best CB) to ever play at QB. By the way, everyone forgets that TR was injured for more than half the game. I also went to the OU/KU game at OU that year and were my KU shirt in the stadium in the middle of the OU crowd. The difference than and the difference now, is into the 4th quarter the crowd there was nervous and stressed about how KU was playing (not to mention 200+ yards in the game by Briscoe). Now we see these games are over typically in the 1st quarter, maybe if we are lucky at halftime we aren't down too much, but if nothing else by the third quarter the game is a blowout.

Objectively speaking, so far MM has out recruited TG and has clearly out coached TG.

KU I would never expect to out recruit certain schools, that is why you need a coach that can do the XOs very well, to be blunt TG and CL and VS have clearly pointed out that they work long hours and watch and create game plans and have clearly pointed out themselves that they are not getting these players to do what they are supposed to. I call that a Coaching problem.

Micky Baker 2 years, 10 months ago

Playing both sides of the fence?

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 10 months ago

Let us not forget that we were on the bottom 10 list last year too

KGphoto 2 years, 10 months ago

The bottom 10 list is week to week. It is one man's opinion and it's a goofy approach at that. He had 6-1 Georgia Tech listed at #5 after their loss to Virginia in week 7.

His "Waiting List" tells me all I need to know about the credibility of the column.

Waiting list: Arizona (1-5), Boston College (1-5), Colorado (1-6), Florida's punt returners, Georgia's special teams, Grown men behaving badly at Vanderbilt, Hawaii's turnovers, Idaho (1-6), Kansas (2-4), Kentucky (2-4), Middle Tennessee (1-4), Minnesota (1-5), Ohio State's passing game, Oregon State (1-5), Steve Spurrier's street cred in Vegas, Tulane (2-5).

Phoghorn 2 years, 10 months ago

Before we go slamming on the Bottom Ten...the #5 spot is reserved for GOOD teams that have a BAD loss the previous Saturday. It is not for the 5th worst team in Division 1 College Football.

KGphoto 2 years, 10 months ago

Thanks for repeating my entire point. It's not a ranking worth worrying about. It's silly, that's all. I was simply demonstrating this to ahpers, who seems to think we need to remember we made his list last year.

Phoghorn 2 years, 10 months ago

Yes, I figured you knew, but I suspected that some on this board may not be familiar with the poll. I wanted to make sure that the 5 spot was understood before everybody started ripping ripping them for calling Georgia Tech the 5th worst team in Div. 1. Or worse yet, started ripping on Coach Gill for losing to the 5th worst team in the country.

JayDocMD 2 years, 10 months ago

Just saw this quote under "Blast from the Past" on the LJW Sports homepage:

"I’m still here to get this thing turned around. How long it’s going to be, I don’t know, but we will get this thing turned around. We have a tremendous staff, like you always hear me talk about, so we’ve got the right people here, and we will get this thing turned around. It might take a little longer than we expected, but we will get this turned around."

— KU coach Turner Gill, talking after KU's 59-7 loss to Kansas State on Oct. 14, 2010, in Lawrence.

For those counting, he turned around 4 times. That's 180 degrees 4 times. Or two 360's. Two thoughts on that:

1. Its sort of like that game where you put your forehead on the bat and spin around and then try to run in a straight line. That's us as a football program. Staggering, repeatedly falling, and everyone is standing around laughing at us.

2. Assuming we were going the wrong way when he came, turning around 4 times leads you the same direction we were going in the first place. He should have said "turn this around" one more/one less time. The moral of this story? Count the number of times you say "turn around" VERY carefully.

Kirk 2 years, 10 months ago

Gill may have a tremendous staff, as he says, but it's too limp to do any good

nuleafjhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

LOL !!

Guess it depends on who you talk to.....

johnnyhrdwd 2 years, 10 months ago

Too bad we can't play Idaho 9 times a year.

smartjayhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Phoghorn 2 years, 10 months ago

What exactly does race have to do with anything...

newjayhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Hmmmmm. Have they EVER suspended a white kid under Gill? Heeney was racing thru Lawrence {DRUNK} , Brock Berglund whipped somebodys' ass and got charged , one kid shoved an officer in a club(I think he quit on his own) , Nahhhhh....I think Bourbon is safe LOL!

Brak 2 years, 10 months ago

The veiled racism in here is thick.

smartjayhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Gill does not like his name. Gill should suspend Gill and the whole coaching staff after a 46 yard performance against a mediocre TX team.

bville_hawk 2 years, 10 months ago

In case you missed it on another thread, check this out. Start listening at about the 22:30 mark:

Apparently Lew had Jim Harbaugh ready to sign, Harbaugh wanted to coach Stanford in their bowl game before it was signed / announced. Lew said no, that that was a deal breaker. Lew then turned around and offered the same contract to TG. Explains a lot... and makes you alternately want to cry then go out and kick the dog.

coolhand357 2 years, 10 months ago

Makes me want to cry and throw Lew off a cliff.

rcjallday 2 years, 10 months ago

In other news, we landed on the moon. Let's relive more events from the past.

actorman 2 years, 10 months ago

Just because you hear something on the radio doesn't make it true. I don't buy it for one second. It would have made absolutely no sense for Harbaugh to leave Stanford for KU.

coolhand357 2 years, 10 months ago

Not saying it's true. But how 'bout 2 million a year ...for 5 yrs ...ironclad contract ... with NO buy-out clause? You don't think that would be enough to turn anyones head?

Micky Baker 2 years, 10 months ago

Harbaugh left Stanford for the NFL, but he very well could have came to Kansas for $2 million a year, and he would have earned it. Although, Harbaugh isn't a guy that's easy to run over like Gill is, which is why Gray Little prefers guys she can run over. POWER HUNGRY!

smartjayhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Does anyone think that Gill deserves a pay raise?

jhawkrulz 2 years, 10 months ago

He received a $100k bonus last year, I wouldn't be surprised if they keep him around that he would get a similar bonus...Personally, I would invoke the incompentency clause in his contract and dismiss him with cause.

smartjayhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Unbelievable. Coaches that suck this bad and get paid over 1 million a year should be indicted on felony fraud charges.

Joe Joseph 2 years, 10 months ago

I heard Ja'Qwaylin refused to eat his vegetables.

onlylookin2score 2 years, 10 months ago

Ouchhhie. I heard he forgot to say please and thank you. Then someone me told what actually happend: Jaa' Quwel spilled a glass of milk at the team dinner...yep... I'm pretty sure that's the reason why we're all gathered here talking about our incompetent coach and a (possibly) white dude named Jah'Quwauyyylin or something... Spilled Milk.

smartjayhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

ahpersecoachingexperience 2 years, 10 months ago

Should also be noted that buffalo is not iin the bottom ten. Maybe we should replace gill with their coach!

Ray March 2 years, 10 months ago

"Ja’Qwaylin Arps"? Is that name for real? I think it's made up. Is that even a human name?!

Sounds like a Star Wars character...

kesmithstl1 2 years, 10 months ago

how dare he bring embarrassment to the program!

smartjayhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

Oh my gosh!! He really is white. LOL I was just being facetious. What a trip.

smartjayhawk 2 years, 10 months ago

I figured he was from Jamaica with a name like that.

AzNHawk 2 years, 10 months ago

The cloud around this football program just keeps getting darker. Bash the coach, bash the staff, then now bring in race and making a joke out of the name of one of the players. (shake my head)

roller_blader 2 years, 10 months ago

The suspension of Arps was the right thing to do because he broke the team rules. Turner Gill banning the use of Twitter was a great thing to do because it can help the team concentrate on their playing. Also it is not all Turners Gills fault for KU doing badly; it is everybody on the football team. Turner Gill just came in when everything was going downhill in football.