Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Jayhawks in the NBA

Here is how former Jayhawks fared in NBA action Tuesday, May 3, 2011.

Cole Aldrich, Oklahoma City

Did not play (coach’s decision)

Darrell Arthur, Memphis

Pts: 9. FGs: 4-9. FTs: 1-2.

Mario Chalmers, Miami

Pts: 3. FGs: 1-5. FTs: 0-0.

Nick Collison, Oklahoma City

Pts: 7. FGs: 2-3. FTs: 3-4.

Xavier Henry, Memphis

Did not play (knee injury)

Paul Pierce, Boston

Pts: 13. FGs: 5-11. FTs: 2-2.

Comments

justoneperson 8 years, 11 months ago

I find it hard to decide who to root for in these games...I mean, if the Celtics can't come back from this hole, I'd be happy to see Chalmers get a ring. But, I really like Pierce...The OKC-Memphis match-up is even more troubling.

Hey, so there are occasionally articles about former Jayhawks (either in the NBA or overseas), and I'd personally like to see more of those. I know you can only say so much about one player every few months or every year...but I like knowing what's happened to the guys. (specifically, D. Jackson, K. Gregory, K. Langford)

esubrett 8 years, 11 months ago

Langford was on Rock Chalk Sports Talk a couple of weeks ago. He is thriving overseas. He just signed a huge contract with the team he was playing for. And by huge I have no details except it made him one of, if not the, highest paid American overseas. He was the scoring champ over there too (if I'm not mistaken. I was only able to catch half the interview. If I am wrong I am sorry).
As for the other two you mentioned, I don't know but am curious also.

gorillahawker 8 years, 11 months ago

justoneperson it's the playoffs dude. How can they report on D Jack or guys playing overseas right now??? I commend them for tracking our current NBA studs as often as they do.

We are repping it big time in the playoffs! It's too bad Cole and X can't be on the court...

ChicagoJHawk 8 years, 11 months ago

As far as I know Langford is making $2 million a year overseas and is doing really well. I think he is leading his team or maybe even the league in scoring over there. When he was in the NBA-D League he was leading the league in scoring. It still amazes me that the NBA will draft some freshman kid that's freakishly athletic and MIGHT have "potential" yet a guy like Keith Langford that has proven himself at the collegiate and professional level never gets drafted.

waywardJay 8 years, 11 months ago

Hey, it's the NBA.

To hear them tell it Kobe plays good defense, and jacking up 20-30 shots a game is what counts for a good player.

KGphoto 8 years, 11 months ago

Darrell Arthur 9pts., FG 4-9, FT 1-2...

and one SICK jam!