Originally published March 25, 2011 at 09:38p.m., updated March 26, 2011 at 01:58a.m.

KU will play VCU at 1:20 p.m. Sunday

Kansas University will meet Virginia Commonwealth at 1:20 p.m. Sunday in the Alamodome for the right to advance to the Final Four. The game will be televised on CBS.

A member of the Colonial Athletic Association, No. 11-seed VCU beat Florida State, 72-71 in overtime, on Friday.

“They are the biggest, baddest team we played yet,” VCU coach Shaka Smart said of KU. “We'll have to play really well to beat them.”

VCU has a 27-11 record.

Comments

Ben Kane 3 years, 5 months ago

with that time slot cbs is clearly saying we are not the television draw of the day.

ralphralph 3 years, 5 months ago

Maybe because they're playing another awful team.

ereinke55 3 years, 5 months ago

Are you surprised? Didn't you know that the only conferences that matter are the ACC and the Big East? Wasn't it great watching Duke get knocked off? Especially since Coach K was covering the true condition of Kyrie Irving.

Hank Cross 3 years, 5 months ago

If it would've been KU v. UNC or UK, that would've been the featured game. KU should roll over either VCU or FSU.

actorman 3 years, 5 months ago

Can't really blame them. Even aside from East Coast bias, we're talking about KU-FSU or KU-VCU vs. UNC-OSU or UNC-UK. Which game do YOU think would be a bigger draw???

ahpersecoachingexperience 3 years, 5 months ago

FSU please! gooooood god, do you see their cheerleaders!?!?!?!?!?!

MrPilot 3 years, 5 months ago

Sounds good. Get up, have a good breakfast, shoot around a little, eat lunch, win the game, cut down the nets, do the presser, and be on the plane by 6.

Steve Brown 3 years, 5 months ago

Jayhawkers go back to 1871 when Missou sacked and burned Larrytown..

Fitting we defeat Richmond + VCU home of the South.

We wish to avoid Seminoles, who would retaliate for Custer 7th cavalry treatment of natives' women and children. It is fate.

Alomodome San Antonio henceforth designated AFH South.

Take a dump on the commode-odors.

LAJayhawk 3 years, 5 months ago

Uhhhhh...... Quantrill's Raid happened August 21st, 1863......

Civil War ended in 1865.

In 1871, we were a union without slaves......

actorman 3 years, 5 months ago

They had a nice little run but it ends now. KU by at least 15.

thebruced 3 years, 5 months ago

Has an NCAA tourney team ever beaten two teams from the same city in back-to-back games?

bad_dog 3 years, 5 months ago

I'm guessing no. I heard no city ever had 2 teams make it to the Sweet 16, so it's not likely any team has ever even played, much less beaten, 2 teams from the same city in back to back games.

Kye Clark 3 years, 5 months ago

I'm just thankful the game is on CBS! Been struggling watching these games online (no cable)

bad_dog 3 years, 5 months ago

Wow. Bummer, ICT. You have my sympathy. Are you not close to a local sports bistro down there in ICT?

Kye Clark 3 years, 5 months ago

I am, and often I have headed out to such establishments or friends' places during the season, but it's just worked out I've had my 2 year old son on every day the 'hawks have played in the tournament thus far. Ironically he will be at his mom's tomorrow so I would have the option to go somewhere else if I wanted, but I'll probably just chill here.

bad_dog 3 years, 5 months ago

Good job prioritizing, ICT. Painful as it may be, kudos nevertheless.

RCJH

Kye Clark 3 years, 5 months ago

I have been able to catch the games online, and haven't had to miss one yet, so it hasn't been TOO painful. But it will be nice to watch them on the big screen as opposed to the computer monitor.

Vittorio1224 3 years, 5 months ago

Own the statsheet.

McMorris & MkMorris back to form.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

See you in Houston (hopefully)! :)