Friday, March 18, 2011

KU-Illinois game will be at approximately 7:40 p.m. Sunday

The Kansas men's basketball team's Round of 32 game against Illinois will be played at approximately 7:40 p.m. Sunday and will be televised on TNT.

The Arizona-Texas matchup will begin at 5:10 p.m., while KU's game will follow.

Comments

bradyboy 8 years, 5 months ago

YES!!!!!!! primetime! I am a little nervous after Illinois's performence today but hopefully KU will have a better start this time. RCJH

100 8 years, 5 months ago

Again..... It is time to go through the twins...

Let's see if their 7 footer likes following them between the iron... & the 3 point line.... & the iron... &... Etc.

Their 7 footer just played against UNLV...

Where he camped out under the basket all game.

Let's ramp it up boys.

Ramp!!!!!

It!!!!!

Up!!!!!!!!!!!

Get it?

Got it?

Good.

It's time to bring some Twinilla spice & have some fun.

danc86 8 years, 5 months ago

Those bigs for Illinois look real good, and the point can for sure break down our guards, we will have to be ready to go from the VERY beginning.

waywardJay 8 years, 5 months ago

The really threat we don't have an snwer for is Jereme Richardson.... A guy who can play the three and score at will..... He can shoot it over brady, or Tyrel... And we'll need Ty on McCamey.

waywardJay 8 years, 5 months ago

Illini fans are already evoking the UNI game.

Can it be Sunday yet ?

BringBackNike 8 years, 5 months ago

Illinois fans hate Bill Self. He will have this team ready to play! Rock Chalk!

Alohahawk 8 years, 5 months ago

Just another perfect broadcast time -1:40 PM Hawaii time on Sunday.

Appears that Georgetown is about to hit the dust, too. Can't believe how many higher seeds in the Southwest Region have already been knocked out. The other regions have held pretty much as the committee set them up.

One Game at a time, Hawks. Illinois looked realy good today.

KU_FanSince75 8 years, 5 months ago

Awesome time!!!!!! Love the prime time. I think we can wear out Illinois by making it a track meet. Illinois isn't that deep. The players that do play are good and we have to play smart and play good right from the beginning.

Good luck Jayhawks----just like the Texas game, baby!!!!!

waywardJay 8 years, 5 months ago

actually they are kinda deep, teir depth isn't as good as ours.

kureignman 8 years, 5 months ago

McCamey scares me the most because he can drive AND shoot the three. When he is aggressive he tends to get fouled a lot which also happens to be a weakness from our guards. Richardson could be a factor, but he's pretty hot and cold. Their bigs will not be able to stop ours on offense, but might spread us out a little more than we like on D. All that said, I really like our chances of going to The Sweet Sixteen.

KU_FanSince75 8 years, 5 months ago

Jesse Newell said it best-----if we can somehow get by Illinois, which will be a fairly good test, the Sweet 16 matchup possibilities favor the Jayhawks. Come on Jayhawks---all out effort on Sunday night!

Chris Shaw 8 years, 5 months ago

I'll be honest, I had Illinois beating UNLV, but I did not expect the dominating performance the Illini displayed. Pretty impressive actually. I guess the one bright spot is that they literally only 7 guys and the two guys that came off the bench, Richardson and Head, only got 14 and 15 minutes.

I think if you control or contain McCamey the best you can and stop Davis in the post KU should be okay. I hope the hawks got rid of the "Jitters" because they will need to play a lot better than that or we'll be watching how the Fighting Illini got to their first Final Four since 2005.

Hank Cross 8 years, 5 months ago

My Hawk to Rock on Sunday - Josh Selby. I'd like to see him get take it to the IL bigs with some floaters and alley oops to the cutting twins and TRob.

Gregor Southard 8 years, 5 months ago

agreed. confidence builder for Selby. I like the 10 man rotation that gets Releford and Selby involved.

Dan Harris 8 years, 5 months ago

We better be ready to play from the opening tip or we will be in big trouble! I was really surprised at how good Illinois played and hopefully it was their best shot . I know a lot of the "experts" thought they would be pretty good this year but that they had under achieved all year. Lets hope they go back to playing the way they played all year and not the way they played tonight! RCJH, time to ramp it up!

Ron Franklin 8 years, 5 months ago

Unfortunately Bill, You have entered the "what have you done for me lately" time of year.

Unfortunately to some, this entire year of hard work, dedication, and success is in the rear view mirror.

Unfortunately Bill, to satisfy the masses, you need to kick the caca out of the Illini rear.

Bill, Bill, Bill, what's taken so long, already it has been three empty years.

Do it for You. Do it for them. For Thomas' family and for US.

Just don't come home Sunday on a bus.

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, Go KU!!

akl6593 8 years, 5 months ago

Hey nice poem...and I hate to be the one to point this out but don't they have to come home on a bus Sunday because they went to Tulsa on a bus...I couldn't help myself. Have a great weekend!

Alohahawk 8 years, 5 months ago

Interesting. Dukie V just declared that Duke would lose to Ohio State in the championship game. And, Bilas warned Vitale, to watch out, he'd lose his reputation. Bilas said Ohio State is playing the best right now, but still favors KU to win it all.

Hope DV continues on his prediction roll (KU 5th in Big 12, Louisville in Final Four. Yeah, right!!).

Brianna Zaleski 8 years, 5 months ago

If Vitale truly said that, he is a delusional idiot just as I thought.... Duke and Ohio St. are on the same side of the bracket and can't meet in the championship game but rather the national semi-final.

RockCaCO3 8 years, 5 months ago

Illinois seems to win one, lose one, win one, lose one..... I like the pattern.

Rock Chalk

KUBlue0809 8 years, 5 months ago

In some ways the new TV format is great, but for those who traveled to Tulsa it will be a late, late drive back to Kansas City (or wherever you traveled from) Sunday night. I imagine attendance will be slightly down nationwide yet TV revenue up. Either way...Rock Chalk ! Bill > Bruce

Tyson Ailshie 8 years, 5 months ago

why do I have such a bad feeling about this game?