Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tyrel Reed finalist for Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award

KU senior Tyrel Reed is one of 10 finalists for the Lowe’s Senior CLASS Award. To be eligible, a player must be classified as a Div. I senior and have notable achievements in four areas of excellence — community, classroom, character and competition. Other finalists: Devon Beitzel, Northern Colorado; Dodie Dunson, Bradley; Jimmer Fredette, BYU; Matt Howard, Butler; Cameron Jones, Northern Arizona; Jon Leuer, Wisconsin; David Lighty, Ohio State; E’Twaun Moore, Purdue and Kyle Singler, Duke.

Comments

phogthedog 9 years, 10 months ago

No one player deserves it more than Tyrel Reed. Congratulations on a deserving honor!

BringBackNike 9 years, 10 months ago

Don't get me wrong, I hope Reed wins the award. But after watching Jimmer Fredette put on a one man show against SDSU last night, you might as well get that FedEx overnight delivery ready to ship that trophy to BYU.

Woody Cragg 9 years, 10 months ago

This guy will be missed tremendously next year. Great job MR Reed!

ParisHawk 9 years, 10 months ago

Pretty impressive company on that list. Mr Reed earned his way on there. I loved the way he pointed to his head after Markieff's early foul : "turn on your brain, big fella; your sub is with his little sister 2000 miles from here."

Kurt Eskilson 9 years, 10 months ago

I saw that gesture too. Loved it! Congratulations, Tyrel!

Martin Rosenblum 9 years, 10 months ago

If jayhawkinnebr was still allowed to post comments, you know he would give his opinion of reasons why Brady wasn't up for this award.

Kinda miss that jerk! (like an impacted wisdom tooth!)

Tyrel is CLASS!

kugirlie12 9 years, 10 months ago

They didn't mention that fan voting is a THIRD of what determines the winner so we need to get moving and get voting for Tyrel!

You can vote once a day on their website www.seniorclassaward.com and once a day on their Facebook page www.facebook.com/lowesseniorclassawar...

Vote vote vote! Tyrel absolutely deserves this!

SaulGood 9 years, 10 months ago

Congrats Tyrel on continuing an important KU tradition - keeping classy behavior and academic achievement a top priority. Thanks to kugirlie12, I'll be sure to cast my votes for ya!

RockChalkGuy 9 years, 10 months ago

I hate to say this, but I could see Jimmer getting this. I watched him dissect SDSU last night and got an instant man-crush.

Jared Grillot 9 years, 10 months ago

Neither of the sites seem to be working for me. Official won't load, FB page, the vote tab isn't working for anyone apparently. Guess we must be patient. Or my internet sucks.

Darsves 9 years, 10 months ago

It looks like you have to "Like" the page before anything pops up. At least for me when I went to the FB page, the "Vote" tab was just a blank screen. After I hit "Like" however, it popped up. Hopefully that works for everyone else too who's having difficulty with it.

Tony Bandle 9 years, 10 months ago

Naw...sorry, the voting is already over.

Didn't you all notice there's a Duke guy in the mix? It's federal law that anything related to Duke is instant National Security and anyone from Duke is up for canonized sainthood!!

Dickie V's vote counts one more than the largest vote getter. Just another reason to justifiably hate all things Duke!!

Message sent not in jest but with full malice!!

texashawk10 9 years, 10 months ago

Reed's actually ahead of the Dukie. It's the Buckeye that is dominating the fan vote right now because there isn't a Texas player on the list. Reed was in third the last I checked behind Lighty and Matt Howard

Ken Sedgwick 9 years, 10 months ago

Ahhh, this is just one of those corporate goody two shoes awards. Just because he hasnt been caught drinking, stealing, or assaulting anyone, ( like all guys do ) doesnt mean he deserves an award. [ In memory of dumbstick-N-nebra ]

I am afraid this will be a popularity contest. When it should be based on weight to strength ratio.

Tyrel you are a real man! And KU is real proud of you!

texashawk10 9 years, 10 months ago

Fan vote only counts for 1/3 of the total votes so even though David Lighty is going to runaway with the fan vote most likely, the coaches and media have a vote also so Reed isn't out of the running.

kugirlie12 9 years, 10 months ago

Looks like the sites are back up and working. Or at least they worked for me just a minute ago.

Robert Lofthouse 9 years, 10 months ago

Reed's in third place at 11%, just ahead of the Duke fella. Vote him up!!!

westernkshawk 9 years, 10 months ago

KUgirlie12 above gives the links so we can vote every day. You can also send invitations through Facebook so all your friends will know to vote. Let's all get on the ball and give Tyrel our full support. He can WIN this thing!!

KUBIKEPEDDLER 9 years, 10 months ago

OK, first time user so I could vote. Mr Reed is still 3rd. Lets pass the word.

KUBIKEPEDDLER 9 years, 10 months ago

Did the Facebook vote and the guy from Ohio St. is way ahead. We have some work to do. Do it again tomorrow.

KU_FanSince75 9 years, 10 months ago

@ BringBackNike----You are spot on about Fredette. First time that I have seen SD State and BYU on TV. There were some athletes in that game, but Jimmer is a game changer and can dominate. However, I am prejudice---would love to see Tyrel win the award.

westernkshawk 9 years, 10 months ago

The Ohio State and the Butler fans are doing much better than the Jayhawks in supporting their guy. Come on, Jayhawk Nation, let's get behind Tyrel and vote, vote, vote! Every day you can vote again!

Hope_Inside 9 years, 10 months ago

To Mr. Bedore, I think that it would be greatly appreciated if you could post the link to the website needed to vote in the article you have provided. I believe Tyrel is more than deserving of this award and feel that we should all do the best we can in getting him this award. 1/3 of the vote is from us so if you could post the link to make it easier for the KU fans, it would be great. Rock Chalk!

BewareOfThePhogOnTheWater 9 years, 10 months ago

There is now a Facebook page setup with both online and Facebook links. TYREL REED FOR LOWE'S SENIOR CLASS AWARD. He really deserves this award. Let's all vote everyday both online and on Facebook.

ROCK CHALK