Friday, January 21, 2011

KU football coach Turner Gill to host Football in February events

Kansas football coach Turner Gill will host four special Football in February events to showcase KU’s 2011 football recruiting class and give fans an opportunity to visit with Gill and new athletic director Sheahon Zenger.

On national signing day, February 2, fans can gather at the Sheraton Overland Park Hotel at the Convention Center.

The following evening, February 3, fans can preview the 2011 class in Lawrence at The Oread Hotel.

The events continue in Wichita on February 8 at the Wichita Marriott.

The final event is scheduled in Topeka on February 15 at the Topeka Ramada.

All events are free and open to the public and will run from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Each night will include complimentary hors d’oeuvres and a cash bar. Zenger and Gill will address the crowd and meet with fans before exclusive highlights of the incoming Jayhawks are shown.

Comments

LeBo 3 years, 3 months ago

Spare me! I can only deal with two disappoints at one time!

John Liddell 3 years, 3 months ago

In other news, ahpersecoachingexperience beats a dead horse

ahpersecoachingexperience 3 years, 3 months ago

"(lip smack) well aaaah" i will not be there in person "per se" because it is to hard for me to "execute" a trip from where i am. however i do have large family in kansas that has alot of "experience (lip smack)" in these events so they will fill me in on what happens "aaaaah from that standpoint"

jayhawkinnebr 3 years, 3 months ago

Who will hold the teleprompter for him? Will he speak more than 4 words? Who will be the standin for Gill, when he gets lost? Will he give us the truth or a snow job? How much of a salary cut is he going to take? Don't anyone ask him "how many games will KU win this next year", because this will only confuse him and put an end to the speech. Will he have a cell phone with him? Will he have his name on the back of his shirt? I bet no girl friends either. There are many questions that need to be answered.

Ahper-----------------, gosh, I wish you would shorten your name. You are right, could listen all day for a week if, it needed to be. When you come I will be wearing a NU hat, so look me up.

100 3 years, 3 months ago

Darian Cooper, Delvon Simmons & Branden Jackson.....

Come join the best & fastest recruiting class in the history of Kansas football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

swunruhawk 3 years, 3 months ago

There are KU football fans west of Wichita. Dr. Z's original home town of Salina, Hays, Dodge City?

ahpersecoachingexperience 3 years, 3 months ago

Can't wait! I'll be there. I can listen to gill public speak all day!