Thursday, January 20, 2011

Former KU RB Jake Sharp to play for IFL’s Wichita Wild

— Former Kansas University running back Jake Sharp has signed with the Wichita Wild, an Indoor Football League franchise.

“I’ve been in talks with the Wild since last spring. We met for dinner Tuesday night — Wink Hartman (team owner), John Blazek (general manager) and coach (Ken) Matous — and I just feel like it is a great opportunity for me on and off the field, with some business ventures I'm intrested in,” Sharp said. “They are excited about me playing a slot, Wes Welker-style spot, and I'm anticipating it to be a lot of fun."

Comments

ahpersecoachingexperience 10 years, 2 months ago

Wow! How long before the "you can do it" crowd jumps in with the Kurt Warner references?

KU_FanSince75 10 years, 2 months ago

This is great news. Living in the Wichita, KS area, I need to go to some games. Good luck, Jake!

ahpersecoachingexperience 10 years, 2 months ago

My daddy always said "never trust a man named Wink!"

Max Ledom 10 years, 2 months ago

If we dump water on you.. Will you melt and go away forever?

rockchalkblock 10 years, 2 months ago

HAHA, there are guys from my high school that play on that team that didn't even play in college! This is pretty a sad day

PC389 10 years, 2 months ago

That's funny, I just went to the team's website and they have NUMEROUS Big 12 guys along with some Big 10 and SEC players. You might want to educate yourself on the Wild www.wichitawildfootball.com I love when people want to bring others down. So sad.

Good for Jake. The only way for NFL scouts to see you perform is to play in games. This is the best way for him to get noticed.

ahpersecoachingexperience 10 years, 2 months ago

That's funny, I went to the same page and found almost a 2/1 ratio of players from chump schools to players from known schools.

PC389 10 years, 2 months ago

Hilarious rockchalk. You have had well over a day to point to any Wild player that did not play in college. Looks like I just caught you having absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Go ahead. Point to any Wild player that did not play in college. I have a feeling you have just been exposed as a liar and compete fraud.

GO JAKE!!

Sean Rodger 10 years, 2 months ago

Wow! How long till ahperse runs out of dum---s things to say? My guess is as long as he's a tool - he'll have nothing to offer anyone or anything in this universe.

Congrats on being a d-bag.

PC389 10 years, 2 months ago

Wait, the other guy claimed there were players on the team that did not even play in college. That claim is completely false.

I did not say they ALL went to Big 12 teams. This is minor league football. Players are going to come from all over. Just like minor league baseball or hockey. That's how it works. Seems like you two need an education on how professional sports work.