Thursday, December 22, 2011

Kansas men’s basketball faces first test on road

Kansas University’s well-traveled basketball team, which has played five of its first 10 games outside of Allen Fieldhouse, today tackles its first test in a true enemy gym.

The Jayhawks (7-3), who went 2-1 at the Maui Invitational in Hawaii, 0-1 at the Champions Classic in New York and lost to Davidson Monday in Kansas City, meet USC (5-7) at the Trojans’ Galen Center.

Tipoff is 10 p.m. Central time, with a live telecast on FSN.

“You always need to play on the road before you go into league play,” KU coach Bill Self said.

His Jayhawks have games remaining against Howard (Dec. 29) and North Dakota (Dec. 31) in Allen Fieldhouse prior to the Jan. 4 Big 12 opener against Kansas State, also in Allen.

“Some years we have one road game, some years two, some three. We need to go into somebody else’s building, no question,” Self said.

Of course, there’s no guarantee tonight’s atmosphere will be especially hostile.

Galen Center seats 10,258.

The Trojans drew 3,208 for Monday’s game against TCU and 3,784 the game before that (Dec. 17) versus Georgia. It’s easy to envision a scenario in which 5,000 or so KU fans bust the turnstiles as they did two years ago at UCLA.

“Going on the road is different,” Self said. “You’ve got to have a tighter huddle, be more focused. We’ve been such a good road team over the years, but this is one (year) where we don’t have as much margin for error. We need to be focused and disciplined, some things we really haven’t been, to be quite candid with you, except during stretches.

“We haven’t put 40 minutes together on someone’s court away form home. It’ll certainly be a challenge for our guys.”

USC, which returns standout guard Maurice Jones off a team that fell to the Jayhawks, 70-68, last Dec. 18 in Allen Fieldhouse, enters two games under .500.

The Trojans halted a three-game losing streak Monday by exploding for a season-high 83 points in an 83-59 win over TCU. The Trojans, who average just 56.6 points per game to KU’s 75.2 ppg mark, have lost to New Mexico, 44-41, and Cal Poly, 42-36, at Galen Center.

The Trojans have also lost to Nebraska in double overtime, San Diego State, UNLV, Minnesota and Georgia. USC has beaten Cal State Northridge, Morgan State, South Carolina, UC Riverside and TCU.

“They are good defensively, patient offensively,” Self said. “They beat a pretty good TCU team handily where they scored 83, so obviously they are scoring better.”

Coach Kevin O’Neill’s team is led by sophomore guard Jones, who averages a team-leading 15.6 ppg. Junior forward Aaron Fuller averages 11.3 ppg and 6.9 rebounds. Sophomore forward Dewayne Dedmon has a team-best 14 blocked shots to go along with his 7.5 scoring and 5.8 rebound averages. Freshmen guards Byron Wesley (6.8 ppg, 4.1 rpg) and Alexis Moore (5.8 ppg) complete the starting lineup.

Sophomore forward Garrett Jackson (4.3 ppg), junior guard Greg Allen (2.9 ppg, four starts) and junior center James Blasczyk (2.4 ppg) are USC’s top reserves. Standout sophomore guard Gio Fontan is out for the season following summertime knee surgery.

The Jayhawks hope to be mentally ready following Monday’s loss to Davidson in Sprint Center.

“We’ll fix it as a team,” KU junior forward Travis Releford said. “It starts individually. We’ve got to know our roles and come together as a team. We have to be ready to play every game.”

Self said he had no idea what the team mind-set was entering the game.

“They’ve had good attitudes (at practice) and tried to do what we want them to do. Losses aren’t that bad early in the season if you learn from it and get better from it,” he said. “If you don’t, then you’ve got problems. Hopefully we will (get better).”

The Jayhawks figure to be ready after last year’s home scare versus the Trojans.

“Well, that was Josh’s coming-out party, obviously. He played great,” Self said of freshman Josh Selby, who scored 21 points in his KU debut. Selby, who is now with the Memphis Grizzlies, hit a three with 26 seconds left to give the Jayhawks a one-point lead. On USC’s next possession, KU’s Tyshawn Taylor blocked a Jones layup. Fontan stepped out of bounds on the ensuing in-bounds pass to give the ball back to the Jayhawks.

Following a missed Tyrel Reed free throw at :04, USC’s Fontan misfired on a halfcourt shot at the buzzer with the Trojans down two.

“They played through their bigs,” Self said of USC. “They came in and had every opportunity to beat us. We were fortunate Josh made a couple plays late to get us the win.”

O’Neill’s take: USC coach O’Neill spoke to the L.A. Daily News about the KU game: “Kansas lost to Davidson so they’ll be upset. I was hoping they would win.”

As to what he wants to get out of the game, he said: “A win. We need a signature win.”

Jayhawks vs. USC: KU leads the all-time series, 10-5, and has won the last six match-ups. The series dates to 1935. KU won the first three, USC five of six from 1958-78. Prior to last season, KU and USC met in a home-and-home series with the Jayhawks winning, 72-62, on Dec. 4, 2006 in Allen, and, 59-55, on Dec. 7, 2008 in Los Angeles.

Ironman: USC’s Jones leads the country in minutes played per game (39.33). Only Zach Rosen of Penn (39.18) also averages more than 39 minutes per game. KU’s Taylor leads the Jayhawks in minutes per game at 32.6.

This, that: USC has attempted 50 free throws in the last two games. In games USC has at least 20 free-throw attempts, the Trojans are 3-2, with the losses being a double-overtime setback vs. Nebraska and a four-point loss to Georgia, which made nine of 13 threes. USC has held its opponents to 55.4 ppg and a 39.2 shooting percentage. USC held opponents to a conference-low of 62.7 ppg during the 2010-11 season. USC was 13-1 in games it held the opponent under 60 points last season.

Comments

Ralster Jayhawk 2 years, 11 months ago

I remember some disparaging comments by ONeill after the game in AFH last year. Will be nice to shut him up twice. Too bad Tyshawn's St.Anthony teammate (Jio Fontan) is out for the year--decent player.

Ron Franklin 2 years, 11 months ago

Don't recall what he said....can you remind me?

Scott MacWilliams 2 years, 11 months ago

Wish I could get down to USC to be one of the Jayhawk mob there. Come on, Cali Jayhawks, do us proud and show up in BIG numbers!!

Maybe next year they could schedule the Oregon Ducks here in Eugene and I could wear all my KU colors and give all my Ducky relatives a lot of grief!

ROCK CHALK, JAYHAWKS!!!

FreddyinLA 2 years, 11 months ago

Freddy and wifey will be in attendance.

Jason Roberts 2 years, 11 months ago

Just bought my tickets a couple of hours ago. Will be there with my family rockin' the chalk!!!

Alex Wishart 2 years, 11 months ago

i've gone to a couple USC games lately and they are nothing to be too worried about. TCU looked terrible against them the other night but Georgia actually got a lucky win. USC was in control the whole game and Georgia found a way to get it done. Maurice Jones looks terrible at the ends of games. all those minutes add up to some pretty poor play towards the end.

Mike Bratisax 2 years, 11 months ago

USC is better than Davidson..but so are we IF we can play defense (go to a damn zone) and move the ball around until we get open shots.

Ron Franklin 2 years, 11 months ago

I'd like to see the Hawks rebound in good fashion after the Davidson loss.

I'd like to see USC held to 35% fg shooting

I'd like to see the Hawks move more without the ball then they have been when running their sets

I'd like to see the Hawks beat their men to positions

I'd ike to see more hi/low offense

I'd like to see TRob pass out of the double team quicker

I'd like to see cutters to the basket when T Rob is being double teamed

I'd like to see the Mean Withey

I'd like to see a 2.5:1 ratio for Ty-Loc

I'd like to see Nadiir get most/all of Teahans minutes for the rest of the season--win or lose his development is more important to this team than Teahan. Teahan has reached his pinnacle

I'd like to see the real Kevin Young

'Rock Chalk

Scott Oswalt 2 years, 11 months ago

I'd like to see Kevin Young and Justin Wesley slide their feet to avoid silly fouls.

I'd like to see more fast-break buckets.

I'd like to see Tyshawn limit his turnovers.

I'd like to see Conner hit that 3 ball in the corner every time (especially when we are losing) It should be automatic, buddy...

I'd like to see the team play with some fire/emotion. They look like they don't give a $hit half the time.

I'd like to see Jeff get a technical for an aggressive foul.

I'd like to see Releford dunk the ball like he's capable of...

I'd like to see the Morris twins still in a KU uniform.

Mike Bratisax 2 years, 11 months ago

Nice job BlownJay. Also would like to see Wesley on the court NOT fouling.

tom123kufan 2 years, 11 months ago

Time to crash the boards, defend the perimeter, and get back on track.

Ted Hume 2 years, 11 months ago

Did the article really say that USC lost at home to Cal-Poly 42-36? How in the world does any D1 school, anywhere in the universe, score only 36 points (at home!) against California Polytechnic State. That's shocking.

kubballjunkie 2 years, 11 months ago

Off topic, does anyone know what, if any, changes were made in the NBA's new CBA regarding college? Is it still one year out of high school before they can enter the draft?

Robin Smith 2 years, 11 months ago

The age limit is still undecided and may possibly be changed in the future, but will remain as it is for this current season and subsequent draft.

So this year's freshmen (or anyone one year removed from HS) will still be able to enter the draft in summer 2012, but this could be the last year for it as it is, one way or the other.

kubballjunkie 2 years, 11 months ago

Robot - thanks for the info. I was under the impression this would have been resolved under the new CBA. Oh well, hopefully they change it soon, one way or the other.

tom123kufan 2 years, 11 months ago

Lets hope that our guards didn't eat turnovers for breakfast this morning. I kid I kid!

Mike Bratisax 2 years, 11 months ago

Not bad! No fruit cake either...

That was not meant to be anti-gay. Just want some of the dumb play to stop.

REHawk 2 years, 11 months ago

Cutters to the basket when T-Rob is double teamed. A heady holiday wish. Once our guys figure out that portion of our playbook and make natural movement against various defenses, we are in for a big lift on offense. Releford and Kevin Young might boost their point totals considerably by focusing on those situations.

Chris Shaw 2 years, 11 months ago

Man, I'm pumped for this USC game tonight. Can't wait to drive down to Columbia, SC for this game after work. This will be my son's first Jayhawk game so I am pretty excited for him. It's nice to get some Jayhawk games in close proximity on the road.

Note: Just kidding folks! Just trying to lighten the mood for the holiday season. Rock Chalk Jayhawk

Tony Bandle 2 years, 11 months ago

If the Bid 12 keeps going the way it has, you may someday get your wish..and maybe sooner than later!!

Robert Brock 2 years, 11 months ago

We learned, in the loss to Davidson, that Withey and Robinson do a poor job of passing out of the post when double-teamed. I hope that Manning got under their scalps about that.

Tony Bandle 2 years, 11 months ago

That Jones is such a slacker.....imagine, skipping those last 27 seconds!!!

Let's see;

Game starts at 10:00 pm C.T. With commercials will run to 12;30 am Will be so elated or pissed off, won't get to sleep till 1:30 am Tried to tape a late game once but kept getting up to check the score. Dogs get up at 5:30 am

Guess I better take a nap at work in the Janitor's Closet!!

Kye Clark 2 years, 11 months ago

Anyone know of a way to watch the game online tonight?

Mike Bratisax 2 years, 11 months ago

It's on Fox Sports Network...obviously. But we get that on Comcast..

Joe Baker 2 years, 11 months ago

Dude- you use to have a good link I used in the past. My brother and I both use espn3.com or the ncaastreams.com use to work but not so much lately. Espn3.com has streamed the last few games. The feed is horrible and you can barely see the ball passed, pauses and skips. But hey, I'll take whatever I can get.

Others may have some better options.

AsadZ 2 years, 11 months ago

Try justin tv (wichitachiefs fan) , pass code Pioli. This is the best site to watch KU games on line. However I had not seen him broadcast last couple of games. I hope he does it tonight.

wildjayhawk 2 years, 11 months ago

I really don't think anyone wants to watch the game tonight after Davidson.

joeloveshawks 2 years, 11 months ago

No one wants to watch the game after Davidson? Not sure what that means. That Davidson team is pretty solid and they simply out played us. No reason to not be interested in how we play tonight against a sub-par USC team. Hopefully we rebound from that loss and get back on track.

Justin Carlson 2 years, 11 months ago

Self quote above!!!!

This one here!!! >>>"Losses aren’t that bad early in the season if you learn from it and get better from it,”

1. With that being said who has the chance to develop into a better all around player Conner or Tharpe? DUH! easy answer!

2. Can the team survive 5 to's/game, tired "D", and forced shots from TT every night?UH! NO!

3. Can TRob play 33 -35 mins/game and be effective on both ends? UH! NO!

4. Would it be ok to let Young and Wesley play through some mistakes to develop a 10 minute break for withey and TRob? makes sense to me!

5. Can I watch the game tonight without exploding, throwing the remote, and keep my 12 old die hard jayhawk fan from screaming at TT? UH! NO!

I am no coach self, and never will be,,but for my sanity, my 12 year olds, and making sure on game nights my wife doesn't kick me and our kid out of the house, Could you please use the next 3 games to develop the "BENCH"

Because as you said above "Losses aren’t that bad early in the season if you learn from it and get better from it,”

Mike Bratisax 2 years, 11 months ago

I agree..but bad losses are never good, And I believe you learn more by winning when things aren't clicking.

Can't argue w/the 5 great points you made..especially #5. I need to watch alone when it looks like a bad night.

Robin Smith 2 years, 11 months ago

let's not get so down about the Davidson game. every team has games like that.

"mama said there'd be days like this"

everyone needs to expect inconsistency. it's part of the growing process, especially with new roles for just about everyone.

brooksmd 2 years, 11 months ago

I'm gonna watch it. After having to put up with p!$$ poor streaming will be good to catch a live tv broadcast. Not to mention I'm pretty sure HCBS showed them the errors of their ways against Davidson so they should be ready to put a whoppin' on USC tonight.

Tony Bandle 2 years, 11 months ago

Random thoughts from Fandom Jayhawk:

1] Don't look now but North Carolina is only one win behind us in program win totals 2] Now that we have a "White" and a "Greene", all we need is an "Orange' and we'll have the national colors of Ireland. 3] The Pillsbury doughboy called and wants Kansas to do a turnover commercial 4] Too bad life is not like the movie "Click"..we called fast forward to next year's uber-talented 2012-2013 team!! 5] I wish soobawls was back....she always made you feel better about yourself because you knew you weren't her. 6] I once asked Jaybate if he could do a one word posting....his answer was "NO!!" 7] Living in Misery Tigger Land, I will not miss the abuse I have received about football..but I will miss the abuse I was able to administer about basketball. 8] If you do one thing this Christmas, try a choclate martini. 9] For any of you Lady Jayhawk posters out there who sleep naked...God Bless You!! 10 And, finally, like ole Mick sang years ago, and I paraphrase, "....may you get what you need.!!"

Merry Christmas to you all and a Happy and Joyous New Year!!!

Justin Carlson 2 years, 11 months ago

9) Love it!! Early on with my wife she used to sleep that way! Now 3 daughters later she sleeps in sweatpants, sweatshirt, and her own blanket!!

Back at YA!!Merry Christmas!!

Alohahawk 2 years, 11 months ago

6. I think you edited Jaybate's response. :-)

In Hawaii we say, "Mele Kalikimaka and a Hauoli Makahiki Hou!!" - Which it will be when the Jayhawks beat USC. (( :-o)( - )( --- )

Darrel Stice 2 years, 11 months ago

Favorite post of the season thus far!!! Whatever did happen to soobawls???

ssteve1 2 years, 11 months ago

Can KU win? Sure. But, once again, defend the three and make freethrows.

Let's see how it goes.

Jack Wilson 2 years, 11 months ago

Blownjay and soswalt -- hitting on multiple items that would make this team better. But let's just do a pick 6. What 6 things would make this team better, in no particular order (except for the first one):

1. Releford: Releford needs to approach the game at the offensive end differently. He simply needs to be aggressive and look to slash to the hoop at the right time -- when open or past the halfway point on the shot clock. He needs to take the open shots available to him. In a day where coaches hammer kids for "hunting their shots" or being too impatient. Releford is the opposite. He need to get to a middle ground. Much like Rush was passive at times. But this team needs him to be an offensive force. And please don't make the argument that "he's focused on defense." That's one end of the floor. And the only effect that does/should have is conditioning related. If Releford looks to score, he's a different player and we're a better team.

2. Post Defense: We have given TRob a pass. But he's been the victim of the "blow-by" a few times, too. Wesley and Young have been simply horrible. Soswalt says to slide their feet. Agreed. That is a solution. But the ability to effectively do that is what's in question. I think it's a bit more complicted. I watch Wesley and Young, and I see guys that don't create anticipatory angles -- a former coach of mine called it that. That is, angling your feet on defense either in a manner where you can defend the most dangerous path to the basket, or in a manner to force the offensive player to go a certain way (which is combined with an "over the shoulder" positioning). I see Young in particular line up flat and not enough on the balls of his feet -- not enough bounce on D. Not being too critical of Wesley here, but I see him many times in the right position, it just seems he doesn't do much from the right position. With TRob, personally, I think a lot of defensive lapses are because he's tired. He would be best in the 25-30 minute range.

3. Play with Fire: I remember the time that Quin Snyder told a KC radio station that he couldn't coach effort .. when his teams would come out flat. Such baloney. It is purely on the coach to coach effort, to coach the floor burn, to coach players in a manner where they will do anything with their minds and bodies to win, or to die trying. To play like Tyrel Reed. Some kids have that. Some kids don't. And you can't keep the high intensity all the time. And it seems tougher on this team. Is there really a threat of a benching? These are 18-22 year old kids (Teahan is 28 or something) .. a "what is the coach going to do" thought process might not be totally inconceivable.

(cont)

Jack Wilson 2 years, 11 months ago

(cont) Coach Self has to bring that out of this team, to the extent it is there to be brought out. I see "comfort" sometimes on the court -- that from a complainer of the quick hook sometimes. Also, the "fire" can come from a leader on the team. A guy willing to dive into the second row for no other reason than to dive into the second row. That can be a coach going to the player and exhorting the leadership, or it can come from that player. I want to see that.

1. Turnovers: I was looking for a quote from Kevin O'Neill from Ralster's post above and found this from the USC game last season: "Tyshawn Taylor had one assist, six turnovers and seven points. 'I’ll be honest. I didn’t see much (from Taylor),” Self said. 'That was poor play, and he knows that. I’m sure he feels bad but that was poor play today.' ” Alert to Jayhawk nation .. Tyshawn isn't changing. He is a turnover machine. Always has been, always will be. He is the player coach Self has accepted over the last three years. The focus now needs to be on the rest of the team, to manage the team turnovers downward. That starts with EJ.

2. Three Point Shooting: This was undoubtedly, postively, easily, the biggest identifiable "skill" weakness coming into the season. Guess who our best three point shooter is? Any guesses? Tyshawn Taylor. 50%. KY is at 75%, on three of four. So what do you do here? Wave your finger at the 3 point missers and say "shoot better"? Perhaps our relatively poor three point shooting is something this team will have to live with. Clearly, Self is supportive of EJ gunning. And EJ is getting great looks. No quick hooks there. Teahan has been awful -- or has he? He's shooting 38%. Reed was about the same last season, Brady 41%. Teahan hasn't been that bad. We'd like 45% for a guy who is on the floor literally only for that reason. Regarding Taylor, Aaron Miles shot 50% from 3 his senior season as a reference -- after shooting 33% his junior year. But guess what .. Taylor was at 38% last season. What do we do here? Tough to tell, but let's start with giving TT the green light. Encourage it. Give him the "open" look green light without limit in the first 35 minutes of the game. I know that may backfire. Second, try to get EJ more of his looks from the top of the key .. I'd like to see his % there. Seems like he's above 50% at that spot over the years. Third, KY seems like he has a smooth stroke. Maybe getting him more opportunities. But this may just be a bad three point shooting team. If that's the case, then the offense has to be less three point oriented and we have to understand that when a decent team shoots well from three, we're dead .. see Davidson.

(cont)

Jack Wilson 2 years, 11 months ago

(cont) 6. Option on the double team: Blownjay hit this on the head. What do we do when there's a double team? Stand around and play "baby bird" .. you know, opening the arms and waiting for momma to feed them. A couple of set options out of the double team would be great to see .. scoring options. One that is simple is screen high. When a short corner double comes, the offensive player (who was guarded by the trapper) screens for the player at top of the key area/free throw line. The trapped player doesn't even have to see it clearly to make the pass. I'd also like to see our players pivot a bit between the double team, as opposed to always pivoting away.

Not sure those are most important 6. But now that we've solved all of the Jayhawks' problems, and I'm sure Coach Self is busily taking notes here, perhaps we can enjoy a nice, crisp performance tonight.

Mike Bratisax 2 years, 11 months ago

Have we moved away from the high-low offense? It seemed that we missed several opportunities to go down low to TRob and Withey.

I thought TRob looked frustrated more than once after getting position but no ball.

I think Wesley and Young will still be valuable contributors...

Joe Baker 2 years, 11 months ago

jhawk you ask a good question. We've not been the big feeder we've been in the past. It appears TRob works more for his points. The passing is lacking. I miss Reed and BM passing ability. Even the twins could pass inside. We just don't or can't seem to feed Withey. However, WIthey is working the block and that little hook is getting better. TRob seems to be working way too hard for his shots inside. The double teams don't help but TRob is learning to get the ball high and he seems to have a knack to drive, ie. that TO against Davidson and he made the block on the D end was an attempt of TRob to put the ball on the floor to the hoop. Anytime a big puts the ball on the floor, a guard will get a hand on it. Give Davidson bigs some credit because they presented a challenge to TRob that other teams never used. The little post move in the paint that pushed TRob way too low under the rim on the D end.

Jack Wilson 2 years, 11 months ago

I think we have gotten away from the high-low .. I think it's a function of personnel a bit. TRob doesn't have ability to put the ball on the floor as well as Marcus up high. It takes TRob away from the basket, and encourages him to settle for 14-17 foot jumpers. TRob is no where near the passer Marcus was. TRob has worked hard on his shooting, so perhaps we might see more it. But I'd like to see it with TRob low, KY up high .. or even Releford up high with KY on the wing.

Regarding Wesley .. my opinion only .. he just doesn't have the offensive skill set to do much.

Kye Clark 2 years, 11 months ago

HEM - a couple thoughts in response to your fixes:

1. Post defense - Part of me wonders how much Self has reigned in TRob's defensive tenacity for fear of foul trouble. Many posters like to say "as Tyshawn goes, so goes the team." Perhaps, but without TRob we'd be NIT bound. My guess is Self knows for his team to have a chance to compete night-in, night-out that he has to have TRob in there for 30+ minutes. Not saying this to give him a total pass on the occasional sub-par D, but just offering it up as an explanation.

2. Play with fire - that quote may have been from Quinn Snyder, but I've heard Self say on multiple occasions that if he has to coach effort we're probably not going to win many games. I'm someone that believes that while as a coach you may need to encourage effort at times, it needs to come primarily from the players themselves. I'm sorry, but if a player is given the honor to play at Kansas and can't find the motivation to play hard, the player doesn't deserve to be wearing the jersey. And for the record, I've been a critic of the "quick hook" as well, and I really thought without that this year that players such as EJ & Travis would play with more confidence. So far haven't seen that.

3. Turnovers - while it won't happen, the solution to this is to play EJ at the point. Might it hurt Tyshawn's point production? Might it hurt EJ's? Perhaps. But I think the change would definitely cut down on the team's turnovers per game, and that would be a risk-reward determination Self would have to make. Maybe he has and decided it would be a net-negative, and that's why we haven't seen the switch.

4. Three point shooting - I agree we don't have the gunners to light it up from trey, but we're not awful. I think the thing with this area that has to be corrected is the defense. Will it? Probably not, as Self's defense has a history of leaving shooters open. But did Davidson shoot lights out from there? 33%...so not really. The problem was they got so many looks that despite their percentage, making 11 of them killed us. You'd take that percentage as a coach I would think, you just can't let them put up that many. 33% doesn't hurt you when your opponent goes 3-9 or even 5-15.

Jack Wilson 2 years, 11 months ago

I see what you're saying on the three point defense. I agree. But we have to find the ball into the hoop from 3 range, too. We're going to run into hot teams, or ones that take a lot of 3s to try to keep up. Tough to coach the ball into the hoop, though.

This season, I've not been a big proponent of shifting EJ to the point. But I'm moving that way a bit. TT does get to the hoop better than EJ, but that has its major negatives, too. This hard. But the stupid turnovers are killers.

On motivation, I agree .. but everyone is different. Some kids play with fire. Some don't. Some have been the center of attention their whole lives, and now they're just another player. Coaching effort and motivation are key coaching skills. Great example is the Davidson game. That was easy to see coming given all the circumstances. And we come out flat. Puzzling.

Joe Baker 2 years, 11 months ago

HEM- no malice at all but you have been reading too much jaybate. No malice toward bate either. It's all good.

Jason Roberts 2 years, 11 months ago

As a Los Angeles area resident, I strongly debated whether I would fork over the $$$ to get tickets for the game tonight. My family wants to go but I think I'll watch the game from home and call it a day. Besides, I watched them when they came to UCLA back in 2009.

@LAJayhawk - you going tonight?

jaybate 2 years, 11 months ago

Road trip to Fizzouri for some meth to stay awake for this one. I'll buy the mouth pieces to keep us from cracking our teeth!

Just kidding. Saw a Fizzouri meth lab story in USA TODAY this am.

wildjayhawk 2 years, 11 months ago

Shockjay, I am staying home also, I saw them play Davidson the other night and self has real problems, one is he is not recruiting good players. It has shown up the past few years, real bad.