Originally published December 2, 2011 at 12:46p.m., updated December 2, 2011 at 02:31p.m.

Service restored after Internet product upgrade caused difficulty accessing LJWorld.com, KUSports.com and other sites

UPDATE: As of 1:30 p.m., all service has been restored.

Users of LJWorld.com, KUSports.com, Lawrence.com, WellCommons.com and other World Company sites may be experiencing difficulties accessing the sites.

The Journal-World’s Internet provider, Knology, performed an upgrade overnight, which has created the accessibility issues. It has also affected clients using using the World Company’s content management system, Ellington.

The Journal-World’s Web team is in contact with Knology, which is working to correct the problem. Issues first arose around 5 a.m. Friday. The Journal-World apologizes for any inconvenience, and will provide an update when the problem is fixed.

Comments

Clarence Glasse 8 years ago

One of the best comments ever to grace these boards. :)

mjlindsm 8 years ago

Al Gore never said he invented the internet.

Chris Weaver 8 years ago

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

• Al Gore - March 9, 1999 on CNN's Late Edition w/ Wolf Blitzer

Just sayin'

Robert Brock 8 years ago

His committee made it available for civilian use.

Joe Baker 8 years ago

Yeah- really, don't give him too much credit. I don't think he invented much of anything. I have no idea what he's done. He flew around in a private jet and challenged people to live green by tossing their fossil fueled vehicles. He then jumped in his jet and flew around trying to convince people of global warming.

In short, poor Al hasn't done jack squat!

Al Gore has been pretty much useless except for making lots of money from lies.

Mike Kendall 8 years ago

Babyjay1---No doubt. I was going postal there for a few hours.

Mike Kendall 8 years ago

Babyjay1---No doubt. I was going postal there for a few hours.

milehighhawk 8 years ago

That was worse than having a power outage! (I mean, at least I could access KUsports.com from my phone)

Harrow Richard 8 years ago

the irony...i couldn't see this article explaining the internet problem until the problem was fixed.

JHawk74 8 years ago

A little history lesson on the internet.

Here is Al Gore and Newt Gingrich quotes:

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet". Al Gore

"In all fairness, it's something Gore had worked on a long time. Gore is not the Father of the Internet, but in all fairness, Gore is the person who, in the Congress, most systematically worked to make sure that we got to an Internet, and the truth is -- and I worked with him starting in 1978 when I got [to Congress], we were both part of a "futures group" -- the fact is, in the Clinton administration, the world we had talked about in the '80s began to actually happen." Newt Gingrich

KGphoto 8 years ago

Absolutely classic. Thank you for sharing that.

Jayhawk1116 8 years ago

This is kind of like emailing everyone that the email network is down.

Jared Grillot 8 years ago

There's no internet to find out why there's no internet! How did we used to get news and information before the internet?

The_Real_Hawkman 8 years ago

I wonder if they just unplugged it for a few seconds and pluged it back in like Kyle on South Park http://youtu.be/ckIMuvumYrg

Mike Kendall 8 years ago

@ The_Real_Hawkman---

Nice. That explains everything. I know Jesse would be very much appreciative. I knew it had to be something simple!