Friday, April 1, 2011

Brady Morningstar falls to Jacob Pullen in three-point challenge

Kansas University men’s basketball senior Brady Morningstar converted nine three-pointers in the State Farm Three-Point Challenge on Thursday on the University of Houston campus.

Morningstar didn’t make it out of the quarterfinals, losing to Kansas State’s Jacob Pullen, who converted 13 threes. Neither Morningstar nor Pullen advanced to the semifinals.

“I am a jump-shot player, and this was more of a set-shooter’s competition,” Morningstar said. “I wish I would have done better. I had a great time, meeting a lot of people and seeing some Big 12 players like Jacob (Pullen) and LaceDarius (Dunn, Baylor). Coach (Bill) Self came out, and the whole event was a good time.”

The College of Charleston’s Andrew Goudelock held off Chris Warren of Mississippi for the title. Goudelock drilled 16 threes in the first round, 23 in the semifinals and 21 in the finals.

During the slam-dunk competition, Morningstar and Pullen assisted John Williams of UNC-Asheville with one of his slams by climbing up ladders and holding a ball while Williams snatched it from the duo and slammed it home.

Pierce’s blog

Former KU standout Paul Pierce of the Boston Celtics earlier this week wrote a blog on the NCAA Tournament for the Boston Globe.

Some excerpts:

“So who’s still standing in their NCAA pool? I was doing pretty well up until my alma mater let me down. I was crushed when the Jayhawks lost to VCU last week. Not only did it kill my bracket, but I also just couldn’t believe it. I gotta give it to the Rams though, they’ve been playing amazing ball. They’ve got heart, and coach Smart is…well…smart.

“I give KU props, though. They came a long way and outlasted a bunch of other top squads in the tournament like Louisville and Duke. Kansas is always in it and certainly had a good chance this year. I pick them every year to win it because that there’s my alma mater, and I gotta stay true to my roots. But this year they realistically had a great shot at winning it all. They’re quick and well-coached. I like the way they play. I had them up against North Carolina in my final. Gotta give some love to Roy Williams.

“So even though my bracket didn’t pan out, I’m still proud of Kansas for making it as far as they did. Coach and the guys had a great season — I know what they’re goin’ through, but you move on and put all your focus into next year. It’s tough because in tournaments like this, no matter how far you make it, only one team wins it all.”

Comments

Michael Auchard 3 years, 6 months ago

A buddy of mine got me with this earlier today. Not cool! :)

addlime 3 years, 6 months ago

So much better than my April fool's joke, which was to push my alarm clock forward an hour and convince my wife we were late for work. Great gag! I was buying it until I read that Bill Self approved of T Rob's going pro.

k10phog 3 years, 6 months ago

Brady did not lose to Pullen. They both were eliminated in the 1st round. They shot at the same time, but it was not a head to head match as the top 4 performers out of 8 advanced to the next round. Neither Brady or Pullen made enough to advance.

ku_tailg8 3 years, 6 months ago

I always thought Morningstar tried to elevate to high on his jumper and that 3 point contest proved me right. The announcers also pointed out that he was landing 3 point in front of the 3 pt line. Those types of things are better for set shooters. Good news is that I saw Morningstar sitting in the first row of the Crown Seats at Kaufman stadium for that 13 game inning on Sunday.

Jerry Rockhold 3 years, 6 months ago

And to be more accurate in the 3 pt.contest, the last ball in each rack was the "money" ball which was worth 2 pts. while all others were worth 1 pt.each. So when you say each player hit so many shots, in reality, they made fewer than you stated in the article if they made any money balls. It was total pts. they accumulated, not necessarily how many shots they actually made.

Martin Rosenblum 3 years, 6 months ago

"... because that there’s my alma mater,"

-Paul Pierce

Paul may not have been a candidate for any of those academic awards, but he will always be our highest profile former Jayhawk player. Just wish he would come around the program some from time to time

dudeabides 3 years, 6 months ago

Not another whiner about how Pierce doesn't hang around Lawrence. Some people become adults and they don't hang out at their old school whenever they get the chance.

Martin Rosenblum 3 years, 6 months ago

I'm not talking about "hanging around" Lawrence. That would infer sitting in some joint on Mass. Ave. having a beer. Camps, charity events, etc. are more what I an wishing we would hear more about PP participating in or lending support to/with. Ostertag, Pollard, Simien and many, many others seem to enjoy staying involved in some way with the Jayhawk community.

3 years, 6 months ago

Paul is probably the highest profile former Jayhawk player among active or living, however the highest overall would have to be reserved for Wilt.

I love Paul’s last paragraph above, particularly this part:

“…I know what they’re goin’ through, but you move on and put all your focus into next year.”

On a smaller scale, the same could be said by us long-time fans regarding those who are relatively new to the program. Sage advice indeed.

KUbsee69 3 years, 6 months ago

Highest profile player??? Wilt, White, Manning (maybe a few others) might take exception to that.

Rick Arnoldy 3 years, 6 months ago

Pierce is going to be a HOF'er at one of the most storied NBA franchises. Yeah, he's in that category. Appreciate history in the making.

David Lara 3 years, 6 months ago

Uh, yeah. Trust me, folks in Boston consider Paul top 3 all-time Celtics. Add the Hall of fame to that list and it really doesn't get much higher profile than that when it comes to pro ball.

Ron Franklin 3 years, 6 months ago

Dear LJW,

How about a story on WSU?

You do a good job of covering other sports not related to KU, so I figure this would fit right in.

Love,

BlownJiggity

justinryman 3 years, 6 months ago

In my realm of thinking, the Wichita Shockers won the NIT, so that should take out all the winning for Shockers, Shocks and Shaka's. Sorry VCU your time has ran out.

Then again on the other hand, it could mean that this is the week of Shockers and Shaka's, but then again the Title game is next week, so.....

So does the win by WSU make them now the 69th best team in the country? And where do you rank the winner of the CBI tournament? 101st best team?

Ron Franklin 3 years, 6 months ago

Good question. I just go out on a limb and say are the best team in Kansas.

Dan Pawlowski 3 years, 6 months ago

Oh, yea. Who else in Kansas have they beat?

jhawkrulz 3 years, 6 months ago

How about going to a site that isn't called ... KUsports.com

Ron Franklin 3 years, 6 months ago

I like walking a fine line between sarcasm and sincerity. Stop taking yourselves so seriously.

bradynsdad 3 years, 6 months ago

After watching Brady in the contest it occurred to me how much he will probably miss that uniform. He was smiling and having fun with the other guys probably showing them with his shooting exactly how we lost to VCU. It also occurred to me how much he and tryrell loved being jayhawks. I know little is a senior too but brady and tryrell have spent their whole lives waiting to put on that uniform. Watching Brady last night reminded me again that he and tyrell are just kids, granted Brady being twenty five not so much but still young. I really feel for them never getting to play again. They will never come out of that tunnel again to sixteen thousand screaming fans in the house where basketball legends were born and bred. We got mad at them for losing and never think about how honestly harder for them than it is for us as fans. Those seniors I guarantee love putting on that uniform and playing for the Kansas jayhawks far more than we love being fans. Then one day it ends as quickly as it started. Imagine one day someone tells you that you are not allowed to watch ku play basketball ever again. I will miss Brady and tyrell they may not be first round draft picks but they put in the time and dedication to play to the best of their abilities for ku fans. If you have kids like I do then I couldn't think of a better role model than someone like tyrell reed. Thank you seniors and good luck in your futures.

klineisanazi 3 years, 6 months ago

Brady is not a kid at 25. Sorry. And I doubt if he was having "fun" by "showing them with his shooting exactly how we lost to VCU." And how would he do that? By missing everything he shot? I am sure Brady and Tyrel feel horrible about how they played. They weren't just bad, they were terrible. If KU just had a "bad" shooting day then they still could have won. Instead, they were just awful, and they lost. And nobody feels worse about it than those two, who always gave such great effort.

bradynsdad 3 years, 6 months ago

Wow klineisanazi. Just sharing some thoughts. Sounds like your still pissed. Let me know when you get your full ride to play basketball for ku, I would like to keep track of your numbers in games. I am sure you were born to play in clutch moments.

Lance Hobson 3 years, 6 months ago

I agree, Brady and Tyrel choked big time and neither should be participating in any contest involving three-pointers, unless it's how to miss. Those were probably the two worst performances by KU starters in modern NCAA tourney history.

kushaw 3 years, 6 months ago

Happy April Fool's everybody! Somebody did that on theshiver and I thought it was funny. Scroll Above! You never know, but it may be true.

Ron Franklin 3 years, 6 months ago

nevermind...i hadn't originally seen the .tumbir. in the link.

Jason Montgomery 3 years, 6 months ago

It was nice to see Brady carry over his hot shooting from Sunday, he hit the rim on most of his shots.

Ian Brown 3 years, 6 months ago

Yeah, man. It's also nice to see all the toolbags who never post on this site crawl out of the woodwork just to rag on a man who bled crimson and blue his entire life. He was one of, well... the entire Kansas team that had an off game last Sunday. I'm sure you didn't open your big mouth after he put up 18 points in the Sweet 16.

ObiWan 3 years, 6 months ago

Nice, ibrown3. I couldn't agree more.

Jason Montgomery 3 years, 6 months ago

Roger Morningstar could have put up 18 points against Richmond

Jason Montgomery 3 years, 6 months ago

could have put up at least 20 with those open looks

Ed Brown 3 years, 6 months ago

But YOU didn't. You should have told HCBS and he would have certainly inserted you into the game.

Jason Montgomery 3 years, 6 months ago

I will make sure to be close to the bench next year when HCBS is chocking to Wichita in the tournament.

SaulGood 3 years, 6 months ago

Brady - glad you had some fun - you deserved it! Paul Pierce has clearly not forgotten his roots, and always happy to see he's done so well.

theend 3 years, 6 months ago

Beware all who enter this board.....If you say anything remotely critical of Bill Self......you will immediately be attacked and villified. Most Self zombies on here slobber and blush with the mere mention of his name.

Never mind that he can't consistently prepare his teams for the tournement......that doesn't matter. But hey!!! He can beat Iowa State!!!!! Isn't that awesome???

bradynsdad 3 years, 6 months ago

So start an I hate bill self webpage and leave this one. With your brilliant basketball knowledge I am sure you will have a bigger following than the jayhawk nation could ever hope to put together. I can only assume your true identity is bob knight, mike k., Roy Williams, or billy Donovan. In the last twenty years they are about the only people to accomplish more than self. Seriously why are you being such a douche. Just stop posting on here if everytime you post people chew you out. Or for once say something positive. This is a fan site not a hater site.

theend 3 years, 6 months ago

Oh look....it's a Self Zombie....bradynsdad!! I bet you walk around in a trance with your arms stretched straight out....chanting Bill Self's name, don't you?

So.....gearing up for the Iowa State game next year???? Boy.....that's gonna be a great one, eh? Gee......I hope Self will figure out a way to win!!!!

bradynsdad 3 years, 6 months ago

Good one. Once again I marvel at your genius. What coach would you rather we have?

theend 3 years, 6 months ago

I never said fire Self. I like him....I think he is good and want him to stay. But my point is that fans should stop giving him a pass and it's ok to be critical. Self has been critical of himself the last few days and I think that is great to see. He wants to take this team to the next level.....so far he has not done that. Yes.....the national title was great.....but he is not satisfied with it. I think he realizes he needs to make changes. I glad to see it.

bradynsdad 3 years, 6 months ago

Critical is ok. Were on this site to talk about the team as well as self but look at your posts. They don't read as just a little criticism , they read as a crucifixion. Your username is the end. It's ok to discuss what we could do better but we also can't pretend we know better. I can tell by your tone in the last post you are a fan but try to offer your posts in a little bit of a positive note. Not saying you have to dance around self but go easy.

Hank Cross 3 years, 6 months ago

This is KU fan site, not a Self fan site. KU BB was here long before Self, it well be here long after.

brooksmd 3 years, 6 months ago

I keep reading how HCBS can't prepare a team for the big one but I never read what these board geniuses would do to make sure a team is prepared. How would you prepare them to shoot 80% FT's? How would you prepare them to shoot 35% from the 3? How would you prepare them to shutdown a player who doubles his season shooting percentage in a game? How would you prepare a player who gets whistled for touching an opponent while he watches his teammates get mugged under the basket? Somebody please tell me what your secret is. And if you're so good at this preparation thing, why aren't you HC?? at a major D1 school?

theend 3 years, 6 months ago

Did any of you Self Zombies take down your Bill Self shrine after Sunday's pathetic loss? Maybe now you can see that he is not a great coach. He is a good coach, nothing more. He has no idea what it takes to prepare a team for the tournement. Need proof? Look at the last 8 years. I know....I know.....we won a title. Whoopee. We should have won 4 or 5 with the teams we had.

Self thinks the way to prepare for the tournement is the same way you prepare for Nebraska.....or.....if it's going to be a really tough game.....you prepare like you would for Iowa State!!!

How has that worked out for Self the last 8 years?

bradynsdad 3 years, 6 months ago

Please post the name of your basketball book, or what college you coach at, or the division I school you play for. Anyone one will do.

Kirk 3 years, 6 months ago

I don't agree with all of your post, but with some of it -- KU didn't show up against a tough minded east coast team, the like of which the Jayhawks coasted the whole regular season without playing. We need to change this.

Really another year of dominating teams like ISU and trading games with other early exist specialists like UT and KSU just isn't enough of an accomplishment for this fan.

I do think Self is an excellent coach and ambassador for KU; I think he's still growing and learning, and I'm glad that he's asking himself: How I can we do better in the Elite Eight? Because we surely can.

theend 3 years, 6 months ago

Well said.....I do think Self is a good coach. But you're so right.....KU can't stand up to east coast teams. They had no idea what they were getting into on Sunday. The were completely dominated. I'm hopeful that playing this early season tournement vs teams like Duke and Kentucky will help. The Big 12 cannot prepare this team. It has been true for decades and is the reason they continously choke.

My main point to my comments is to get some of these people to understand that.....Self is a good coach. Maybe he can become great. Right now he is not .

justinryman 3 years, 6 months ago

One would think this team would have some East coast toughness, the twins from Phily, Robinson from DC, Selby from Baltimore and Taylor from NJ.

theend 3 years, 6 months ago

They have players from the east......but they aren't playing the tougher schools from the east. I don't see KU winning more than a title every 15-20 years unless something changes.

justinryman 3 years, 6 months ago

Do you really think a Duke, Florida, Rutgers, Pitt, St Johns or UNC would schedule a home and home with KU?

Kirk 3 years, 6 months ago

You're right - many teams refuse to play in Allen Fieldhouse.

But see, I'd just as soon play them on their turf now and then, if it could be made financially feasible. Or maybe some teams would prefer to play us in Kansas City.

I see a big benefit to playing the best teams we can, including a variety of eastern teams -- the region, by the way, which almost always claims the ncaa title -- even if they refuse to visit Allen Fieldhouse.

We will get better.

A nice side benefit could be public relations: KU is playing teams who are scared to come to AFH, so they cut them a little slack.

Bill Self says, "Hey, I wouldn't want to come here either. Those guys don't deserve the full brunt of rabid Kansas fans on their true home turf, so we let them play us in a safe, contemporary easygoing venue in KCMO."

Hank Cross 3 years, 6 months ago

The weakness of the other B12 schools is definitely part of the problem. Steamrolling weak teams doesn't prepare them for the tourney. They need to have a few games where they're down by 10+ at half and have to find a way to claw back.

3 years, 6 months ago

Playing the south teams at least twice a season starting next year should help toughen us up, especially with Billy Clyde at Texas Tech. If OU and MU can bring in some good coaches, that could be another big help.

KansasComet 3 years, 6 months ago

In the Big Dance, every team is going to have a bad game. The key is, can you survive the bad game and move on? We didnt and we lost. I am as upset as anyone else, but it is time for me to move on. Let's hope that this year we get our guards to be more of a threat inside and out. Looking forward to next year, but if Teahan is in the starting lineup come conference time, then we are not developing talent very well.

theend 3 years, 6 months ago

Ha! If Teahan is starting.....then there is no point to even playing next season.

Dan Pawlowski 3 years, 6 months ago

I recognize most of the negative comments on this article are from poster children with a history of disparaging comments. They are just that , poster children for all the whiny people who direct their cynicism at people who actually risk failure in life by taking a shot at accomplishing something. It's easy to criticize someone from the sidelines and its probably too hard for you to actually lay your ego on the line and risk failure. Instead you criticize those who actually have to guts to try and dare to fail. I am not sure how you are going to pump your pathetic selfs up now that college bball season is over but I am sure you will find somebody else who is actually participating in life to run down. I see that KUSports.com is running articles on KU Spring Football practice. I am pretty sure the poster children are breaking out their canned postings from last year. Writing new ones would require too much effort.

Kirk 3 years, 6 months ago

What, you think YOUR post is fresh?

The whole "all criticism is negative" trend -- which is still relatively new to me, but which is a dominant note on kusports.com -- probably reflects this country's failing education system, as does this sentence of yours:

"I am not sure how you are going to pump your pathetic selfs up now that college bball season is over but I am sure you will find somebody else who is actually participating in life to run down."

Even a 5th grader should do better, but for all I know, you're an adult.

theend 3 years, 6 months ago

Kirk-well done! This loser needs to ask for a refund of his tuition. Education didn't seem to help him. Then again.....I doubt he even went to college.

Kirk 3 years, 6 months ago

His attitude is hardly exceptional around here, theend. I'm sick of it.

Dan Pawlowski 3 years, 6 months ago

Gramatical criticism , the last bastion of people with nothing to say.

theend 3 years, 6 months ago

Feel all better now , loser? It's so pathetic......morons like you that have this pathetic need to feel like they really brought someone down and won the arguement. Something tells me you don't have much of a life. Have you considered internet dating?

Yes.....you're just so smart and above all this petty criticism, aren't you?

Dan Harris 3 years, 6 months ago

You think name calling makes you intellectually better then everyone else?Think again if it doesn't tax your brain too much.

jhawkrulz 3 years, 6 months ago

Technically speaking the title of the article is misleading. It makes it sound like KU was knocked out by Pullen. Actually Pullen and Morningstar were knocked out in the same round and both never saw the semi-finals.

rawkhawk 3 years, 6 months ago

I love Paul Pierce. Great comments.

While I hate being in reconcile mode yet again, I think it's positive that we're seeing some "Self-reflection" after the Elite 8 loss. Wouldn't want any other coach at KU. Rock Chalk

kushaw 3 years, 6 months ago

There has been a lot of talk lately about the NBA and how much the Lockout will affect this upcoming draft class? A lot of people think it could deter a lot of folk's from entering the draft, but I'm not thinking that will be the case. I mean, I said this yesterday, that the lockout of 1999 didn't affect any of the 8 underclassmen that were selected in the Top 10 of the 1998 draft.

With that said, this was an interesting response from John Wall talking about this very issue. It's kind of hard for a #1 pick not to think like this, but I would still like to hear what somebody with a little more experience like Paul Pierce, who went through the experience, thinks of this issue. Nonetheless, pretty interesting comments by John Wall. Here is his remarks and the link:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Different year, same decision for Wall

If the Washington Wizards’ John Wall(notes) had stayed in school this season, the threat of an NBA lockout wouldn’t have kept him from entering this summer’s draft – nor should it prevent any other top 10 prospect, the rookie said.

Wall “It’s kind of tough with the lockout, but you never know if you will have an injury [in college],” said Wall, last year’s No. 1 NBA draft pick out of Kentucky. “You can get an advance from your agent or business manager or somebody and just pay them back as you get paid. I don’t think a lockout is going to last a whole year or two years. You’re going to miss out a little bit. But the opportunity to get drafted and go high? I would take it.”

Injury concerns was a primary reason Kentucky coach John Calipari prodded Wall to leave for the pros.

“ ‘Cal’ told me, ‘If this is the best opportunity, best situation with a chance of going high, go,’ ” Wall said. “ ‘No reason to come back and jeopardize anything. What if you have a career-ending injury or your stock drops and you have to stay two or three more years?’ ”

Hank Cross 3 years, 6 months ago

You've been dead-on in raising this point. It's not as though those drafted aren't going to be paid at some point. I would imagine that there's also shoe and endorsement money to make while waiting for the lock-out to end. Spend the rest of the time in the gym and avoid injury. It's the smart play. especially for high draft picks.

Dan Pawlowski 3 years, 6 months ago

Tough to make endorsement money when you TV exposure is limited to something the companies have to pay for, commercials.

kennethst 3 years, 6 months ago

I think it's ok to be critical of Self....to a point. But he is still a great coach and I would rather have him than anyone. As for the VCU game.....tough to blame Self when the kids just couldn't hit a FT or a FG. Just wasn't their night.

Also....I think many of us (including myself) have too high expectations. The odds of any team winning this tournement are very low.....regardless of how good the team is. I think OSU's odds were still well below 20%?? Those aren't good odds.

Realistically.....we can and should hope.....but odds are KU will not win more than one national title every 10-15 years. (maybe more like every 20 years).

jaybate 3 years, 6 months ago

kennethst,

Good to hear from you.

We are all okay.

Who I'm worried about is Coach Self.

I've never seen such dark circles under his eyes as he had in the recent press conference.

He sounded resilient and bubbly and sensible.

But his eyes?

Either his allergies are really kicking up, or he took this one a lot harder than he should have.

I know what he is worried about.

He is worried about putting up two straight 30 win seasons, which along with his '08 ring team are probably among his proudest achievements as a coach, and a bunch of unrealistic, ungrateful fans are busting his chops and calling him something other than the great coach that he is.

Self has to be wondering what it is going to be like, when he finally loses 9-10 games like Consonants, Roy, Donovan, and so on have all done and at the same time doesn't get beyond the Sweet 16 as they have so often not done.

Self came in facing huge expectations.

Self has now raised those expectations to epic proportions.

I have been critical of Self for not posting up a guard on Rodriguez.

But I have also acknowledged that if one thinks back to ten minutes into the game, when I say he should have slowed the pace and begun posting up Rodriguez until the tide turned, that Self thought it through and reasoned that if he stood pat, cut it to ten by the end of half, slowed it in the second half, the odds were that VCU was going to go cold and KU would go hot sooner or later.

For the season, VCU shot only 36% from trey.

jaybate 3 years, 6 months ago

VCU was on a four game run of 42% trey shooting.

It was improbable for VCU to have a hot hand vs. KU even in the first half.

It was almost certain they would go cold the second half.

They did.

KU has been shooting well, but not fabulous for the last four games.

The odds were almost certain that KU would heat up at least enough to 20-30% for the game the second half. If KU did that, KU was certain to win.

But instead, KU shot 9.5% for the ENTIRE game!

The truth it was almost a statistical impossibility for as good of a shooting team as KU was from trey to shoot 9.5% for an entire game.

But statistical anomalies occur and excrement happens.

Self gambled.

He is a gambler.

He lost.

He doesn't lose very often.

The odds of KU ever shooting 9.5% to 12% (what KU shot last year against NIU) in a tournament for the rest of Self's career have plummited to nearly statistically insignificant. Consider these two horrible performances an investment in the rest of Self's career and KU's future rings.

I still am confident he is going to win several rings shortly unless he lets his recruiting motor slow down.

No coach can keep up the recruiting pace (how hard he works at it) Self has maintained indefinitely. The older coaches get the less they can handle the red eyes and endless travel.

I've never seen Self look truly tired before until this press conference.

But those eyes!

It turns out he is human afterall.

Right about now ol'Eddie is sayin', "Billy Boy, remember what I told ya about them Kansas fans. They are never gonna be satisfied."

We can only hope that Self's dad is saying, "Screw the fans, Bill, focus on the 40 hours between the Sweet 16 and the Elite Eight, find the right routine, and then win your string of titles."

And don't forget to post up a 6'4" PG on a 5'10" PG, when you have the opp.

Rock Chalk!

Dan Harris 3 years, 6 months ago

Very insightful post(as usual) and I agree with your analysis of the unbelievably poor shooting performance from the #1 fg% team in the country! I mean there is no way that ever happens again, is there?

Sally Presson 3 years, 6 months ago

Way to o ibrown3!!! Makes me sick to my stomach when you posters rag on the guys and especially Brady & Tyrell. Bleeding crimson & blue is putting it mildly, those boys love this team and being a jayhawk. they gave us 4 years, didn't cut out on us, and we knew when they got on the court they were working hard and didn't have a brain fart and say "oops, the bad brady or tryrell showed up tonight". We're going to miss them so much. As much as I hated losing that game, just mulitply it by 1,000 and that's how bad the boys and coaches feel. All the practices, games, traveling, studying on a trip, graduating!!! Come on--we can't even come close to know how bad they all feel. We've got next year to look forward to, Tyrell & Brady and Mario are finished, I just hope they know how many of us appreciate them and love them!!!

jaybate 3 years, 6 months ago

Self to OKC Thunder...read it here:

www.ThunderBlog.com

jaybate 3 years, 6 months ago

Manning to MU...read it here:

www.MUWetDreams.com

jaybate 3 years, 6 months ago

Bruce Pearl to UCLA:...read it here:

www.WhatEverItTakes2GetTheBuzzBack.com

jaybate 3 years, 6 months ago

Charles Barkley to KU to be asssistant coach in charge of motivation...read it here:

www.CharlesInChargeOfTheUniverse.com

justinryman 3 years, 6 months ago

Jay awesome job with the websites!

We should go into business together with website headlines?!

Robert Robinson 3 years, 6 months ago

Who has two thumbs and loves watching calipari draw the NCAA to every school he coaches? THIS GUY! (2 thumbs pointing my way) http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=6275663

jaybate 3 years, 6 months ago

A person would be an idiot to let the lockout keep him from jumping.

Some money without an injury is better than no money with the risk of an injury.

Further, if you and a bunch of guys wait till next year to jump, then that means there is going be an oversupply of guys jumping the following year, and your chances of going high are sharply reduced.

People are making things too complicated again.

If they want you now, go now.

If they don't, don't.

Hank Cross 3 years, 6 months ago

Absolutely. There will be a season. At some point the draft picks will make a lot of money.