Monday, September 27, 2010

Forward Julius Randle to attend Late Night in the Phog

Julius Randle, a 6-foot-8, 235-pound sophomore basketball forward from Prestonwood Christian Academy in Plano, Texas, will be attending the Oct. 15 Late Night in the Phog on an unofficial recruiting visit, Rivals.com reports.

Randle is the No. 3-rated player in the Class of 2013 and a teammate of No. 97-rated Zach Peters, a 6-9 junior forward who has orally committed to KU and also will attend Late Night.

Comments

KU_FanSince75 11 years ago

Hey, a pipeline from Plano! I like it!!!!!!!!!

KU_FanSince75 11 years ago

Hey, a pipeline from Plano! I like it!!!!!!!!!

UmbertoConforti 11 years ago

I hope they get Randle. He is the best player in Texas for his class. He and Peters would assure another great KU team.

Robert Brock 11 years ago

He is the best player in the United States for his class.

Andrew Moore 11 years ago

Not only that, but the on-court chemistry between the two would be phenomenal. We would have such a good frontcourt in 2013. Robinson and Withey would be seniors, Peters would be a sophomore and Randle would be a dominating beast! In that scenario I just hope we don't lose everyone to the NBA.

Plus, by the time 2013 rolls around they may change the one and done rule and a guy like J. Randle could go straight to the NBA

Martin Rosenblum 11 years ago

In the headline to this story, I'm guessing the "F" refers to his position, forward?

boomrsoonr26 11 years ago

Yeah I wondered if it was about F'in John Randle, but apparently not.

Chaz13 11 years ago

i found this quite funny to say the least... i was hoping they were excited like Hey! read about F'in John Randle!!

KEITHMILES05 11 years ago

Looking like Withey is injury prone so need to restock the shelves.

KEITHMILES05 11 years ago

Looking like Withey is injury prone so need to restock the shelves.

Jaminrawk 11 years ago

Well at least we have his buddy in his ear. It would be nice to get this kid early because it seems like that is the trend these days.

Jaminrawk 11 years ago

Tony Bandle 11 years ago

There is no way I will ever double post!!

Tony Bandle 11 years ago

There is no way I will ever double post!!

Dean Huggins 11 years ago

Oakville, you're EN FUEGO today [including the Buford comment on another article]!!!

Tony Bandle 11 years ago

I just reread this article.....6'-8".... 235 lbs...sophomore...!!!!! This young man could be a Monster in two years.

Is Zach Peters a two for one kid with his close relationship with Julius?

Prestonwood Christian Academy...I think their nickname is "The Christian Soldiers". And if it isn't...it aughtta be!!

2013: Robinson, Withey, Johnson, McLemore, Woolridge, Peters, Chol, Ellis, Randle, Nino Jackson, etc....by this time Kentucky will be on probation and everyone will want to come to Kansas!!!!

brooksmd 11 years ago

Wouldn't Robinson, Withey and Johnson be gone by 2013?

hammr25 11 years ago

I live 3 miles south of Prestonwood. I think I'll have to go watch a game or two this year. They won the private school state championship last year.

Chris Bruning 11 years ago

speaking of 2013....don't forget about the other set of twins (both with kansas on their lists). the Harrison twins...ranked #1 and #10 so far in the class of 2013. that would be awesome, 6' 5 guards. i imagine they both have a sweet jump shot that is difficult to defend. lookin like they will be a package deal also.......