Monday, September 20, 2010

KU-Baylor game to start at 11 a.m. on Oct. 2

Contest will be televised on FSN

The Kansas-Baylor football game on Oct. 2 will kick off at 11 a.m., the Big 12 conference announced Monday.

The contest, which will be played in Waco, Texas, also will be televised on FSN.

KU is 3-3 against Baylor since the Big 12 Conference formed in 1996. The Jayhawks are 0-4 all-time, though, in games played in Waco, Texas.

The full Big 12 schedule for the week of Oct. 2 is below.

Thursday, Sept. 30

Texas A&M; at Oklahoma State, 6:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Saturday, Oct. 2

Kansas at Baylor, 11 a.m. (FSN)

Oklahoma vs. Texas, 2:30 p.m. (ABC)

Georgia at Colorado, 6 p.m. (FSN)

Comments

number1jayhawker 11 years, 4 months ago

Must not be any other marquee matchups that day. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we are on the tube, but Baylor vs KU?

focojayhawk 11 years, 4 months ago

Perhaps the someone is thinking this could be a record breaking game for Griffin and the network wants to make sure it is televised. He has been hyped to the max, afterall.

grandpa 11 years, 4 months ago

Yes, Griffin did real good against TCU. He carried 14 times for 21 yards. We need to zero in on him every play.

hailtoku 11 years, 4 months ago

Yeah I mean if TCU can stop him he should be able to completely shut him down. (rolling eyes)

KU_FanSince75 11 years, 4 months ago

One of the factors that KU is on the tube this Saturday is that there are several Big 12 teams with bye weeks this week. More exposure for the Jayhawks, right?

hailtoku 11 years, 4 months ago

I like that its an early game. Maybe this way I'll get over the loss before the day ends.

Although I gotta tell ya, I'm already getting over it.

sava12 11 years, 4 months ago

hailtoku? It appears you should change your name to "to hell with KU".

sava12 11 years, 4 months ago

It's all in fun - keep the faith in those Hawks hailtoku.

OCJHAWK 11 years, 4 months ago

This will be a huge game in our chances to go toiletbowling. I love that I can see how this staff and team reacts to a toss up (we'll be a small underdog) game. I am still making up my mind on Gill, but as always I look forward to any KU game with optimism.

Phoggin_Loud 11 years, 4 months ago

Alright, Alright.

I'm as disappointed as anyone with this poor start. But this team will turn it around.

A win this week vs New Mexico State gets them to 2-2, then the real season starts.

This team will beat Baylor and then they host KSU 12 days later on a Thursday night. A tough win in a loud environment puts KU at 4-2 and 2-0 in Conference.

All of a sudden, this team has a chance to have a nice season.

Keep the faith. Everyone is adjusting to the new schemes. KU will be O.K.

grandpa 11 years, 4 months ago

Phoggin. I am glad to see someone besides me has a positive attitude.!!We will beat New Mexico and then come to Baylor. I am looking forward to attending that game with all of my kin.W e are going to win the game against Baylor and we will be in good shape. Keep up the Spirit!!!

KGphoto 11 years, 4 months ago

Nice outlook Phoggin. I'm with you. It's realistic.

BTW, anybody notice that GTech took care of this year's trendy pick for a BCS bowl, at North Carolina? Granted N.C. is depleted, but that didn't stop them from being impressive in a close loss to LSU last week. They have a great passing game, but it wasn't enough against the Yellow Jackets.

Spencer Goff 11 years, 4 months ago

KU really needs to pick up a win this weekend.

I have to point out that our Big 12 schedule is never going to be any easier than this season. No Oklahoma. No Texas. No Texas Tech. To put it in perspective, Mark Mangino was a big 0-fer against those three. We play the ONLY Big 12 South teams this year he ever beat this season.

Granted, Oklahoma State and Texas A&M are solid teams this year. But historically, we do not play our problem clubs.

Yet I look at that schedule, and Colorado on November 6th is the only game I can say, "Yes, we should beat those guys," without feeling like a homer. If Iowa State were here, sure, I'd lump them in, but they play different in Ames. Do we beat Kansas State in an upset? Not so sure. A&M might be looking past us to the Tech game and we shock them? Here's to hope, but not holding my breathe.

Anyone disagree? Agree? Discuss.

CatsEatBirds 11 years, 4 months ago

Agree, but TxAm will be very tough. Send the Buffs on their way to the Pac with a final L in the series.