Monday, September 6, 2010

Briscoe signs with Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Kansas receiver Dezmon Briscoe throws a pass during pregame warmups at Memorial Stadium, Friday, Oct. 24, 2009.

Former Kansas wide receiver Dezmon Briscoe has signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the St. Petersburg Times reported Sunday.

Briscoe, a sixth-round pick in the 2010 NFL Draft, was waived by the Cincinnati Bengals over the weekend.

According to the Times, Briscoe will report to Tampa Bay's practice squad after the Buccaneers outbid other teams for his services. The newspaper reported that Briscoe will be paid somewhere around the league rookie minimum salary, which is $325,000.

Comments

Nick Cole 4 years, 2 months ago

I just moved to Tampa. Maybe they'll bump him up and I'll be able to watch him play.

SC0VILLE 4 years, 2 months ago

I hope you enjoy Tampa more than I did. I was glad to move away a year ago. North Florida is full of rednecks, South Florida is full of d-bags, and Tampa is where those two meet. Oh, and USF fans are obnoxious as hell.

Danimal 4 years, 2 months ago

You're absolutely right about Tampa. Seriously, I couldn't of put it better myself.

KGphoto 4 years, 2 months ago

There's very little experience on that team, at WR. They now have 3 2010 draft picks on the 53 man squad. He's gonna get a much better chance down there.

Sean O'Grady 4 years, 2 months ago

Agreed KG. Kellen Winslow will probably be Freeman's favorite target in the passing game because of the lack of WR depth. Plus, the Bucs GM is a Lawrence and KU alum, so I'm sure he'll get his opportunity.

Bleed, I lived in Tampa for the last 5 years. I'd wait until late October to catch a Bucs game, unless you can swing club seats. The heat in the early part of the season at kick off is unbearable. There's a good KU group that meets at Hattrick's downtown for KU games too.

tophawk87 4 years, 2 months ago

Just hope he and Aquib Talib don't party too much and smoke too much ganja

phi4life940 4 years, 2 months ago

hahahahahahahahaha......

p.s. I always thought Briscoe looked like T.I. -Had to get that off my chest.

Jaminrawk 4 years, 2 months ago

Geez. It would have been nice if he went somewhere a little set at QB, but I guess a job's a job.

KGphoto 4 years, 2 months ago

Cinci is set at QB and he wasn't going to see any playing time.

He's better off making a cocky young QB look good with his open field moves and spectacular playmaking ability.

He simply has more gameday heart than most of his rookie peers. No other receiver in his class has more big game experience. None of them have as many catches on a national stage. He can make a no-name QB into a household name QB with a strong effort.

Good for Tampa!

Jeff Worthington 4 years, 2 months ago

Josh Freeman is used to throwing to Jayhawks, so this is a perfect fit. Good sign Tampa Bay!

honk_for_hawks 4 years, 2 months ago

Good point. They should move talib to WR too. Him and freeman have great chemistry.