Monday, October 25, 2010

KU-Colorado football game will not be televised

Contest to kick off at 1 p.m. on Nov. 6

Feature

KU Men's Basketball Preseason Magazine

Pick up your copy of KU Men's Basketball Preseason Magazine today!

The Kansas football team's home game against Colorado on Nov. 6 will kick off at 1 p.m. and will not be televised, the Big 12 announced Monday.

It will be the second straight week that KU's game will not be on TV; before that, KU's previous 22 football games had been televised.

The Kansas-Colorado matchup is the only Big 12 game during the week of Nov. 6 that will not be shown on television.

Big 12 schedule for Nov. 6

Colorado at Kansas, 1 p.m.

Baylor at Oklahoma State, 2:30 p.m., ABC

Nebraska at Iowa State, 2:30 p.m., ABC

Oklahoma at Texas A&M, 6 p.m., FSN

Texas at Kansas State, 7 p.m., ESPN2

Missouri at Texas Tech, 7 p.m., ABC

Comments

Tony Bandle 3 years, 5 months ago

Some tips on how to get Air Time and Fannies in the stands:

1] Rename our cheerleading squad 'The Full Frontal Nudity Hawks." 2] "Buy one get one free" Beer night. 3] You get a full refund if you present your ticket stub as you leave after the Final Gun. 4] Halftime Show - Fly-Overs of Stealth Fighters, Bombers and Classified Aircraft. 5] Erin Andrews Bikini Night. 6] Use a revolutionary No Run, No Punt, No Huddle Offense. 7] Fly the Canadian Flag, pretend we are up north and field 12 guys. 8] Equip the defense with brass knuckles, tire irons and tasers. 9] Let Bill Self call the plays. 10] Blow up 50,000 inflatable ladies and fill the stands!!!

jayhawkinnebr 3 years, 5 months ago

When fans complain about the head coach Perkins hired and the way this team has performed with the talent that is there and the blowouts, I think fans can complain about things that they see, and had a gut feel for what they thought was going to happen. This doesn't make them poor fans, it just makes sence that they do care. This whole thing with the hire, contract, coaching, blowouts, excuses, and lack of enthusiasm of the players will cause fans to be upset and ask for corrections. It's a shame to see a team with good talent to look like a grade school team.

Jim Pendleton 3 years, 5 months ago

All of you have missed my point on this. Again, I am with you all that things aren't good right now, and we all have every right to be mad, disappointed, etc, and yes to demand excellence. I clearly stated in my earlier post that I have no problem with people questioning plays, good or bad, or how these things have an impact on the game as a whole.

What I have a problem with is all of these people who want to bail at the first sign of a problem. Oh, they will all hang around until an hour after the game when we scored 76 against the Huskers, but as soon as we make a few mistakes that turn the game around, and it isn't even halftime or the end of the third quarter, well time to go.

Re-read what I said earlier, particularly the part about recruits. Can't say for sure, but I am guessing we had some recruits here last weekend. What do you suppose they were thinking when a large number of people left early? Our current team, as well as recruits, need to know people are behind them whatever the outcome. Seeing what happened the other night will not help in that regard.

I am not in any way saying that everything will be okay, as the poster before me stated. I have supported this team for many years, and I have always hoped for better from our program. We finally start to see some success, the support improves, and then things start to fall apart, not only on the team but also in the athletic dept. As a result, some people think it is ok to jump ship. This is exactly what we don't need. Yes things aren't good at the moment, but we must continue to be there for this program, and hope that things will start to come back. It happened before, no reason to think it can't again.

Question things all you want, complain all you want, I am just asking that everyone stay the course, and support this program, win or lose. In other words, please stay and don't run off at the first sign of a problem. Rock Chalk!!

kcglowboy 3 years, 5 months ago

I'd like to complain about all the comments from people complaining about the complainers. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Negativity sucks. Complaining and whining suck. I won't argue with anyone who says we could all use a little less negativity in the world, during election seasons and on sports message boards. HOWEVER, the notion that "true fans" should never complain or whine or bee-yotch about anything KU-related is just nonsense. Frankly, I'd say about 90 percent of the negative comments I've read the past few weeks have been from true fans ... loyal KU fans who are frustrated at things beyond their control. Be grateful there are still so many people who care enough about their team to take the time to vent. Because when things are this bad, I'd be more worried if people weren't complaining. That would tell me that people have stopped caring altogether.

Kyle Cornish 3 years, 5 months ago

FYI, the Baylor/Oklahoma State game is at 11:30 on FSN

jayhawkinnebr 3 years, 5 months ago

I don't like what I am see either. I would like to know just where was Chancellor Little and James Pottorff. It wouldn't hurt if someone would look at the president of the university. Where was the checks and balances at for a unexperienced hire like this at this MONEY?? Someone was out to lunch when this happened. Its time for dead head Gill to go and maybe some others.

Benjamin Piehler 3 years, 5 months ago

ok. i'm tryin to be real here. there is no reason to watch any more KU football games this year. Sure, maybe we beat ISU or CU... I still can't justify my time. Call me a fair-weather fan or even the reason that KU might potentially be in the MWC in 5 years.... still, can you honestly blame me for not wanting to watch? In a way, this game not being aired is saving me from the frustration of watching us self destruct again. Anyway... tryin to be real; rockchalk and all that good stuff.

Dyrk Dugan 3 years, 5 months ago

Rivals says Darrian Miller will be a Jayhawk.

jayhawkinATL 3 years, 5 months ago

Thank you, God!!! Don't want potential recruits to see any more of our crappy style of play. No more TV games the rest of the season, please.

Jim Pendleton 3 years, 5 months ago

All of you negative people need to come down off your high horses. I don't like where things are right now more than anyone else, but unlike all of you who bail at the first sign of a bad play, I will continue to support this team win or lose. I think there are many others that will also.

It is easy to be a fan when everything is going good, you have some winning seasons, you make some bowl games, etc. The true sign of a good fan is to continue supporting the program when things don't go as well, and not to head to the Wheel when the QB throws a couple int's.

This is the sort of thing that will not help us in attracting good players here. Yes everyone wants to play for the best teams, but they also like playing in front of big crowds and full houses. We must continue to fill Memorial Stadium with blue clad supporters, and not let the opposing team get thousands of extra seats because our fan base turns away as soon as we have a few bad games.

If you want to make comments one way or another about a good or bad play, that is one thing. Let's not take this so far as to say we aren't going to support this program or we don't want to watch the game on TV, after a few bad losses. Seeing things drop off from where they were just a couple short years ago is hard enough. Let's not make things worse and see fan support fall back to where it used to be well.

I will continue to say this as long as it takes - you want to be like the big boys, act like it. That means coming out win or lose, and remember there is no rule that says you can't have good or great programs in more than one sport. Rock Chalk!!

jayhawk2062 3 years, 5 months ago

JP....its the MAC.....the MAAC doesn't play Division I football...they're best team is Siena...in basketball.

I'm happy that our team won't be able to embarass itself on national television.

JPJayhawk 3 years, 5 months ago

Maybe we can sign with the MAAC? We might be able to compete on that level...

Geekinout 3 years, 5 months ago

Wow!!! You know your program is in the dumps when ESPN U would rather televise 2 Kansas high school football teams and not one of the states main Universities. Long live Gill, Mangino, Lew, Bernadette Gray-Little, and KU football.

Janet Scott 3 years, 5 months ago

No TV of KU games future? Must not be able to line up any sponsors who are willing to pay to air pee-wee 8 man football on the tube. If I wouldn't pay to see it, why should anyone pay to televise it? Kum-ba-ya.

FreddyinLA 3 years, 5 months ago

Looked like a pretty easy choice given the games on tap for that week.

Just less money to cover the debt Sweet Lew piled up his last year at the controls.

Hard to keep viewers interested in looking at huge chunks of unoccupied aluminum benches for 3/4 of the telecast.

Marc Buehler 3 years, 5 months ago

AMEN...

Can't imagine anyone wanting to see that...

Coyotehawk 3 years, 5 months ago

Awesome, This is the kind of stuff that PAC 10 and BIG 10 type conferences drool over. We're gonna have big time conferences beggin for us to join them after this awesome season we've had.

Larry Scott, COME ON DOWN!!!!!!

Dickless Head 3 years, 5 months ago

Thank goodness. In this case, the less exposure our program gets, the better it will be for recruiting.

Dyrk Dugan 3 years, 5 months ago

it will be bad enough at the end of the year when Moo whips and the world can witness it.....the fewer games on TV right now the better.

ahpersecoachingexperience 3 years, 5 months ago

Thank goodness! My eyes just stopped bleeding from watching us against aTm.